PDA

View Full Version : Race Viability [Sagas]

Tanuki Tales
2011-04-15, 06:02 PM
My group is about to play Sagas Edition and this time around I'm planning on joining them. Now, my favorite character from the mythology is the Gen'Dai bounty hunter Durge and I was thrilled to see they were statted as a base race in the Clone Wars supplemental book.

My question is how viable Gen'dai are as a race using all Sagas books.

Kylarra
2011-04-15, 07:17 PM
They make horrible jedi for obvious reasons but it doesn't look like they'd be too bad as brawlers.

Tanuki Tales
2011-04-15, 07:32 PM
They make horrible jedi for obvious reasons but it doesn't look like they'd be too bad as brawlers.

I'm assuming because of their potentially massive negatives to Wisdom?

And does this also mean its not worthwhile to make a Gen'dai force sensitive or possibly do a one level dip for the bonuses Jedi gives?

The_Snark
2011-04-15, 07:40 PM
Well, also their starting penalties to Wisdom and Charisma. Those are the two most important abilities for using the Force, so Gen'dai are not a good choice for Force users. A dip in Jedi won't kill you or anything, but it's not playing to your strengths.

Other than that, you should be fine. The race's abilities look focused on being tough to kill, and that's something any class can use. Large size makes you potentially very good at grappling, and also opens up some fun options with heavy weaponry.

IdleMuse
2011-04-22, 06:45 AM
There's some truly horrific builds out there (in the good sense) using (abusing) the Gen'Dai Surge ability in combination with stuff that gives you more second winds, and stuff that triggers off them. They haven't got anything that makes them better (or worse) at any particular offensive style (aside from the previously-mentioned force power deficiency), but they can be unparalleled tanks.

Rather like Durge in the cartoon, truth be told.