PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried making a character crazy for just one kind of item?

Tech Boy
2011-04-15, 07:54 PM
I'm thinking about making my current character go "nuts" about somekind of not even real mystical creature. Something I make up.

Yes, this probably is seen as terrible fluff, but I need something to spice up my groups' being. My group doesn't do a lot of crazy things, and my buddy and I came up with this thought.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Hates? on this idea?

In short, I think I want to make my character go after a creature that does NOT exist.

Thanks, haha.

Tech Boy.

golentan
2011-04-15, 08:04 PM
I'm not following you on this one. Are you talking about items (say, wands/potions/etc.) or creatures (dragons/unicorns/gribblies) and are you talking about obsession (luna lovegood and her magazine) or "shipping" (I call her Vera)?

1a: I find uninteresting from an RP perspective, since it involves simply refluffing existing stuff.
1b: I approve for comedy value and interesting RP opportunities when maintaining gear and making camp.
2a: I approve as the source of adventure hooks and random weirdness.
2b: I approve for RP opportunities in odd situations and Jack Harkness jokes.

Tech Boy
2011-04-15, 08:15 PM
I'm not following you on this one. Are you talking about items (say, wands/potions/etc.) or creatures (dragons/unicorns/gribblies) and are you talking about obsession (luna lovegood and her magazine) or "shipping" (I call her Vera)?

1a: I find uninteresting from an RP perspective, since it involves simply refluffing existing stuff.
1b: I approve for comedy value and interesting RP opportunities when maintaining gear and making camp.
2a: I approve as the source of adventure hooks and random weirdness.
2b: I approve for RP opportunities in odd situations and Jack Harkness jokes.

I'm kinda thinking about making similar to how Luna Lovegood acts with the Thestrals.... I think. It's still in the brain processes at the moment.