PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Deific-ness

Woodzyowl
2011-04-15, 08:29 PM
Ok, so at some point my character want to control, not only the world, not only the universe, but the MULTIverse. In order to do that, though, I need to become deific so I can kill gods more effectively. Could anyone with deities and demigods tell me the requirements on becoming a deity?

Marnath
2011-04-15, 08:34 PM
There's really not a set of rules for attaining divine rank, aside from "work with your DM."

One way I've seen it handled was when you go epic(21st level) you become a demigod, although that obviously only works in lower powered campaigns where only a few people reach levels 15+.

BIGMamaSloth
2011-04-15, 08:36 PM
well theres always pun-pun. :smallsigh:

If your looking for a serious answer though, unless your DM had planned the game around becoming deities or a demi-god focused game, just don't.

Always remember that your playing a game to have fun with your friends and ultimate power IMHO doesn't sound like it would be much fun unless the campaign was created around the Idea of god killing universe control stuff.

Woodzyowl
2011-04-15, 08:45 PM
I'm the only PC. The game revolves around... me.

NichG
2011-04-15, 10:04 PM
Find out more information about what gods are in-character, and out of character let your DM know you're interesting in pursuing this. Gods can 'work' any number of different ways, and you need to pin down that information in character before you can reasonably start planning.

Mechanically, the one 'automatic' way of getting godhood is the Dragon Ascendant prestige class, which gives you divine rank 0 over the course of 12 levels, but its entry requirements are a little steep.