PDA

View Full Version : One-shots on short notice?

Axinian
2011-04-16, 12:03 AM
Long story short, I'm running a one-shot tomorrow but I didn't know that until earlier today. I'm working on a custom adventure, but does anyone know any good one-shot modules that can be run with little preparation? It can be any level or style really.

Rei_Jin
2011-04-16, 12:16 AM
Look at the D&D Archives on the Wizards of the Coast website. There's a tonne of pre-written adventures on there for just such an ocassion.

Arutema
2011-04-16, 01:15 AM
There is a decent free one for Pathfinder here (http://paizo.com/store/games/roleplayingGames/p/pathfinderRPG/paizo/pathfinderModules/v5748btpy8ey4).

It's a straight plot-free dungeon crawl, but has a good variety of enemies to deal with.

SartheKobold
2011-04-16, 10:07 AM
When I need to wing a one-shot, I lift the plot of an action movie wholesale and tweak elements to make it more fantasy-like. I once ran Live Hard Die Harder for a Paladin and a Bard, and they didn't even pick up on it...

Fax Celestis
2011-04-16, 10:11 AM
If you have Exemplars of Evil, just grab one of the titular exemplars and go with it. I'm fond of Captain Gnash, myself.

Tyndmyr
2011-04-16, 10:23 AM
Long story short, I'm running a one-shot tomorrow but I didn't know that until earlier today. I'm working on a custom adventure, but does anyone know any good one-shot modules that can be run with little preparation? It can be any level or style really.

Tomb of Horrors. It works well as a one shot, because lots of people tend to end up dead. Suggest they have extra characters prepared.

Axinian
2011-04-16, 06:26 PM
Tomb of Horrors. It works well as a one shot, because lots of people tend to end up dead. Suggest they have extra characters prepared.
True enough, if one of the players hadn't just run it, it might be my choice.

Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna with the Exemplars of Evil suggestion since I like that book.