PDA

View Full Version : Exalted: Playing a Demon

Endless Query
2011-04-16, 12:34 AM
Pretty much what the title says. Due to the help of you good folks my play group now regards me as the sage of obscure questions (which is problematic because I'm not that great at the game e_e) that being said, I *know* there are rules for playing Gods and Elementals, but someone was asking about creating demons as characters and I... Seriously do not know. Does this exist? If so... Where?

Thanks, in advanced, as ever, for whatever aid you see fit to supply.

TheCountAlucard
2011-04-16, 12:37 AM
Does this exist? Yes and no, see. There's stuff for HALF-demons (or half-gods, or half-elementals, or half-fey, or even half-ghosts), and there's stuff for USING demons, or BEING IN the demon realm, but playing one directly? That's not really covered.

Xefas
2011-04-16, 12:41 AM
Demons, Gods, and Elementals are all collectively "Spirits". The character creation guidelines for Gods could theoretically work for Demons with a little bit of effort.

That said, if you're intent on playing a demon in an Exalted party, I'd suggest grabbing some Second Circle Demon stats (reflavoring if necessary), and then tweaking them in play based on how powerful/weak you feel. If, at the end of a session, you say "Wow, I completely sucked balls", then throw in a few more dots somewhere. If you say "Damn, I stole the show", then take a few away.

In the end, you may have worked out some good guidelines for playing a Demon, and can then post them in the playground. :smallbiggrin:

Endless Query
2011-04-16, 12:56 AM
Well, thanks for the prompt response, but man, looking at the playing a god/spirit rules... They're really kind of... Lacking in and of themselves. I guess I'll just have to tell them there's no good way to do it without substantial GM investiture and they'll have to request a giant pile of ad-hoc'ing.

Thanks again, though, and if anyone has any other ideas I'd be delighted to hear them (I like coming back with Yes's instead of No's for people)

TheCountAlucard
2011-04-16, 01:17 AM
Well, thanks for the prompt response, but man, looking at the playing a god/spirit rules... They're really kind of... Lacking in and of themselves. I guess I'll just have to tell them there's no good way to do it without substantial GM investiture and they'll have to request a giant pile of ad-hoc'ing.Unfortunately, that's kind of in the nature of gods in the first place. It's less that they're set into standardized builds; it's all a matter of what's appropriate to said god's nature. Makes for a lot of fun in making them, but less so if you actually intend to play them as characters. :smallsigh: