PDA

View Full Version : Player Characters with Natural Attacks

Eldrys
2011-04-16, 12:55 AM
So, I'm making a half-dragon character that gets 2 claw attacks and a bite attack and I'm wondering how those attacks interact with BAB high enough to grant multiple attacks. If I had 15 BAB and did a full attack, would I attack with all of my Natural attacks 3 times?

EDIT:
Just realized I should totally have put this in the RAW questions thread :facepalm:

Figgin of Chaos
2011-04-16, 01:02 AM
No. You'd attack with your primary weapon thrice (at +15, +10, and +5), then attack once with each of your other weapons.

Eldrys
2011-04-16, 01:04 AM
Thank you. Question has been answered.

Keld Denar
2011-04-16, 03:44 AM
Natural Attacks and You: A Mini-Guide (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10994.0)

Cowritten by yours truely.

Greenish
2011-04-16, 05:53 AM
No. You'd attack with your primary weapon thrice (at +15, +10, and +5), then attack once with each of your other weapons.No. You don't get iterative attacks with natural weapons (other than Unarmed Strike).

You'd get one bite and one attack with each of your claws, regardless of your BAB (though some feats, class features and magic can give you more).

faceroll
2011-04-16, 07:33 AM
No. You don't get iterative attacks with natural weapons (other than Unarmed Strike).

You'd get one bite and one attack with each of your claws, regardless of your BAB (though some feats, class features and magic can give you more).

Depends on what weapon you're using. If you have a longsword, you can go sword/sword/sword/claw/bite. If you've got a bootknife you can go sword/sword/sword/claw/claw/bite.

Greenish
2011-04-16, 07:55 AM
Depends on what weapon you're using. If you have a longsword, you can go sword/sword/sword/claw/bite. If you've got a bootknife you can go sword/sword/sword/claw/claw/bite.
I never claimed you can't get iterative attacks with manufactured weapons. :smallconfused:

IthroZada
2011-04-16, 02:36 PM

You can't use the claws of whatever hand held the sword. Assuming the claws are on the hands and not like talons on the feet.

Greenish
2011-04-16, 02:39 PM
You can't use the claws of whatever hand held the sword. Assuming the claws are on the hands and not like talons on the feet.In the latter example, he uses "sword" as a shorthand to refer to a manufactured weapon, in this case a bootblade, which isn't held in hands.

IthroZada
2011-04-16, 02:40 PM
In the latter example, he uses "sword" as a shorthand to refer to a manufactured weapon, in this case a bootblade, which isn't held in hands.

Oh right, I see now that he only put one claw in the first example. My bad.

MeeposFire
2011-04-16, 10:39 PM
Since you are a dragon you can take the rapid strike and imp rapid strike feats which will give you iteratives with your claws.

Flickerdart
2011-04-16, 11:14 PM
If you don't want to bother carrying around weapons, you can take your iteratives with unarmed strikes, and then attack with natural weapons as secondary attacks.