PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate it when... (GM's rant)

Rising Phoenix
2011-04-16, 04:11 AM
So you've moved away from the city you did your uni. You miss your friends, you miss DnD. Luckily most of them are still living back in said city. So you think:

-I have internet
-I have a microphone and a camera
-I can organize the session from afar and GM via Skype while my friends gather at someone's house.

You talk to them about it, they agree. It would be good. So you start the preparations (~15 pages of setting info. A summary of all the necessary things needed to get started. 8 pages for the first session), you set the date, find four people and create their characters... You're feeling pretty good, looking forward to it. It's been four months since you've seen everyone together after all.

The day before the session, someone Facebooks you to tell you that an emergency turned up. You're dissapointed, but real life is more important and the session can still happen. Just tweak the encounters a bit, add a few more helpful NPCs.

Then the day of the session comes and BAM two people decide not to attend. The reason(s)? The first, he got a new motherboard, he'd rather play with it. He didn't text you, he hasn't apologised yet and you only know cause the fourth and only attending person told you. As for the other? He couldn't be bothered to turn up...

So yeah...

I am feeling a bit sour and questioning whether I should bother at all with them... Especially since the motherboard person was the most negative about running it via skype without even giving it a go...

I think I'll just run the adventure with people from GitPG...*runs of to the finding players section*

Thanks for 'listening' folks,

R.P.

Shademan
2011-04-16, 05:18 AM
eah people tend to be more evasive when the game is online rather than in person.

disgusting practice, offcourse. Not fit for a gentleman RPG'er

Rising Phoenix
2011-04-16, 06:36 AM
eah people tend to be more evasive when the game is online rather than in person.

disgusting practice, offcourse. Not fit for a gentleman RPG'er

When I give my word about something, I try my best to keep it. I expect the same from others... perhaps a little my naive on my part I guess. :/

Shademan
2011-04-16, 06:47 AM
Nonsense! When you give your word the only right thing to do is keeping it.
lest minotaurs will complete justice upon you
if you get the reference then youre prolly even more tired than me

Rising Phoenix
2011-04-16, 06:57 AM
Nonsense! When you give your word the only right thing to do is keeping it.
lest minotaurs will complete justice upon you
if you get the reference then youre prolly even more tired than me

Never heard of it, but thanks for brightening my mood :P.