PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] MWF: Dexterity or Strength?

Lateral
2011-04-16, 11:06 AM
I'm building a Thri-Kreen wielding light weapons, and I'm not sure whether I should just pump Strength, or take Weapon Finesse and Shadow Blade and go for Dexterity. The one takes less feats on an already feat-starved build, but Thri-Kreen get a higher Dexterity bonus. Which one should I go with?

arguskos
2011-04-16, 11:10 AM
I'm building a Thri-Kreen wielding light weapons, and I'm not sure whether I should just pump Strength, or take Weapon Finesse and Shadow Blade and go for Dexterity. The one takes less feats on an already feat-starved build, but Thri-Kreen get a higher Dexterity bonus. Which one should I go with?
Do the Finesse/Shadow Blade thing. It cuts MAD down. It's tough on feats, but there's solutions for that.

Eldariel
2011-04-16, 11:11 AM

Dex; relieves some points off the PB. Unless you have obscene point buy and even then, racial bonuses tend to make focus worth it especially since Shadow Blade adds full Dex to damage on off-hands while Str is still ½.

Lateral
2011-04-16, 11:13 AM
Okay.

...Wait, being feat starved wasn't a problem. He's taking Psychic Warrior levels. :smallredface:

Telonius
2011-04-16, 11:14 AM

For light weapons, Dex. There's not much point in Power Attacking with a light weapon. All Strength would do would give you a very minor amount of bonus damage, while Dex would help out with AC and Reflex saves. Unless you have a really, really good feat that going the Str route would allow you to take, Dex is the way to go.

Vangor
2011-04-16, 11:14 AM
Suggest Finesse/Shadow Blade if you have plans to traverse the two-fighting chain by quad wielding weapons, otherwise no reason to invest this amount of feats because of a +4 dex bonus over a +2. Wield two falchions and have fun.