PDA

View Full Version : Help me Find a movie

Raven777
2011-04-16, 12:19 PM
This is driving me crazy. TVtropes, IMDb, Google, my mom's memory, they have all failed me.

When I was a kid, probably 3-4 years old, about two decades ago, there was an animated movie with Ogres (maybe Trolls, definitely giant-types) in it. The liver eating, bone crushing, gut feasting, blood drinking, children devouring Fae-like kind of Ogres. There was a single smaller nice one on the protagonists' side, brought to somewhere I could swear was England and ultimately opposing the others as they cross into reality to abduct and eat children. They might also have been eating dreams at some point.

What was this movie?

Seonor
2011-04-16, 01:01 PM
A Troll in Central Park comes to mind. Never seen it, but worth a shot.

After some searching on TVTropes The Little Troll Prince came up, but it seems unlikely.

This should probably be in the Media section, btw.

Dr.Epic
2011-04-16, 01:08 PM
A Troll in Central Park comes to mind. Never seen it, but worth a shot.

That's what I thought, but I don't think the trolls actually ate people (that'd be kind of dark for a kids movie even if they didn't show it). I don't think the trolls were planning an invasion. Also wasn't the one good troll the protagonist (yeah, there can be a debate about protagonists, but it seems pretty clear he was the protagonist in that film).

Raven777
2011-04-16, 02:01 PM
It *was* a dark children's movie. It had a Secret of NIHM / The Flight of Dragons atmosphere to it. But I doubt it was a Troll in Central park. That thing looks too cartoony.

I remember a stream of purple smoke and children sleeping in an orphanage during the intro.

Missed the media section. My eyes somehow failed to register it while I was looking for an appropriate forum for my query.

EDIT: Someone found it: The BFG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_BFG_%28film%29) (it stands for Big Friendly Giant XD).

Thanks for the help.

factotum
2011-04-16, 03:33 PM
Darn, I was going to say the BFG when I heard the description...ninja'd by someone not even on these boards! :smallfrown: