PDA

View Full Version : Age of Pain IC

Torgarn
2011-04-16, 02:36 PM
The devil's have captured you for reasons unknown. you have been tortured and manipulated since being brought to the Sakar Prison Tower. After a particularly brutal session of torture you fell unconscious. You awaken in a deep pit. The walls of the pit are lined with black runes and a grille is covering the top. You look around and notice that there are several others in the pit with you.

Beschoren
2011-04-16, 05:48 PM
After so many years after forced service to devils and their ilk, Morinfen could almost say he was used to this kind of disgrace. He knew that eventually, while wandering and slaying demons and devils, he would be caught like this...

Oh, but just they wait.... he would pretend to be weak and drained only to strike as a raging devilish dragonviper at the most critical time...

Morinfen mostly ignores the others arround him as he usually does.

3SecondCultist
2011-04-17, 12:20 AM
Jolian awakes, bewildered at first, and then wary. All he remembers was the shadowy figures coming to take him in the middle of the night. How had they known where his unit was requisitioned? Someone must have betrayed him. He looks around, trying to perhaps catch a glimpse of the other prisoners stuck in the same miserable situation.

"Hello? Is anyone else awake? Does anyone know where we are?"

JollyChris
2011-04-17, 05:28 AM
Tethrass had heard stories of Sakar, stories he thought were for frightening new members of the guild, he never thought that they might be true. If only his guild mates could see him now, he had never been caught before and now he's stuck in the infamous Sakar prison. He's roused from his thoughts by one of the others stuck down hear.
"We're in the legendary Sakar prison tower a place few people even believed was real"

3SecondCultist
2011-04-17, 07:17 AM
Jolian suppresses a loud sigh.

"Well that's just bloody brilliant, isn't it? Now, the first order of business is to try and get out of here."

He looks up at the grille, and tries to spot any distinctive details about the ceiling and the prison behind the bars.

Spot check to see anything. [roll0]

jojolagger
2011-04-17, 01:47 PM
"I can probably find a way to get us out. Did anyone else manage to hide stuff from our captors?" Responds Darcast, eying the runes. Hopefully they won't complicate the escape too much.

Spellcraft check to identify the runes
[roll0]

3SecondCultist
2011-04-17, 02:49 PM
Looking over at the others, Jolian seems somewhat stymied. He walks the cell floor like a man possessed, pacing back and forth across the stone tiles.

"Here's where I'm confused. Who the blazes are you people, and why in Baator are we in here? Someone, please, explain things."

Beschoren
2011-04-17, 07:58 PM
"eh" Morinfen shugs, not even raising his head from the floor but perfectly answering the confused guy "We are poor bastards very likely to die in agony, very soon...that will happen because we accidentaly (or not, muhahaha) pissed off someone with power..."

Of course, Morinfen does not trust these people, and will not reaveal his true intentions and methods. they might just make the distraction he needs for the escapade...

GFawkes
2011-04-17, 10:43 PM
Mianissa sits off in a corner (yes, in a round room), licking her wounds. While nonpermanent, she would be sore in the morning.

"Speak for youself. I have not seen enough of the world to die in a pit." she replies to Morinfen.

JollyChris
2011-04-17, 11:47 PM
Tethrass eye's the others suspiciously, can they help him escape?
"Who we are and why we are here is irrelevant. Right now we need to figure out a way to get out of here. Then i intend find out who put me here and make them pay."
But who could have put him here? He made sure to never con anyone who could ever be powerful enough to send him to Sakar...

jojolagger
2011-04-18, 01:45 AM
Darcast takes flight, moving close to check the grille.
"We'll probably have to fight our way out. I hope each of you has a weapon hidden away somewhere."

How deep is the pit?
Do I recognize the material of the grille?
Are those runes significant? (made a spellcraft check, got 22, see last post.)

Beschoren
2011-04-18, 06:26 PM
Morinfen keeps silent, but turns his head to see if the fairy has any sucess on her airborn scouting. he partly shows his diabolic eyes and vicious theet...

He was in the mood to chat back to the others, but figured that the best strategy was still to seem weak and powerless for now.

Torgarn
2011-04-18, 06:29 PM
You discover that the grille appears to be held down by 4 large bolts.

JollyChris
2011-04-18, 06:51 PM
Tethrass begins to formulate a plan.
"What can you see up there, are there any gaurds?"

3SecondCultist
2011-04-18, 07:53 PM
Jolian turns to him, a crafty look on his face.
"Obviously, we are of importance to our jailers, otherwise we would not still be alive, right? And, at least most of us being mortal, we need sustenance. So, we wait until the guards decide to drop off our rations. I would like to try my hand at a little bit of diplomacy before we break our way out of here."

JollyChris
2011-04-18, 08:05 PM
"We just need a way to get them into the pit with us then i suggest that the pixie fly through the open grate and find us a way out of here." Turns to Darcast "But be careful the devils will likely have wards against invisibilty"

3SecondCultist
2011-04-18, 08:31 PM
At the last comment, the half-elf bursts into laughter, like flutes and harps trilling with delight at their own music. "I'm sorry, but there is no way that any prison guard would be silly enough to 'get into the pit with us'. Good initiative, though, just the kind of thinking we need! I will compose a lay about our valiant efforts!

This dread institution was built to kill
by slow degrees, yet all of them survived
pain, floggings, hot box. It left them deprived
of all they’d been—beauty and charm—yet still

they loved each other as they always had

cried out in rallies as they killed a guard.
They cut his throat in public in the yard;
started the rising. There was something mad

about their confidence, but it inspired

the rest to take hold. And the demon’s men

fled from the fury of the ranks. Just ten

short weeks of fighting all that was required!

See? Optimism isn't so hard once you try it." Jolian begins humming another tune to himself under his breath, and turns away for a moment.

JollyChris
2011-04-18, 09:16 PM
"Once i've rested i can use my spells to lure them into the pit." Tethrass glances at the walls Unless those runes are designed to intefer with magic that is"

GFawkes
2011-04-18, 09:32 PM
"If I could be lifted out of here, I could quickly find a rope or ladder to pull everyone else out of." Mianissa suggests, walking to the center of the room and sizing everyone up. Looking up the wall she does some mental math. "It just might work." she mutters.

Beschoren
2011-04-18, 09:32 PM
Morinfen almosts gives a mediocre laught at the Bard's song. for him it was extremely amusing. Meanwhile he lays down his head again and tries to clean his mind to get his spells ready....

(thinking to self)Waiting in the shadows..... bwahahahhahaha...

JollyChris
2011-04-19, 09:46 AM
"You know if we had a way to shrink the pixie he might just be able to squeeze through the grate"

jojolagger
2011-04-19, 10:21 AM
"Or I could just cut off grate. Shouldn't take me much more than 3 minutes. Of course, then we still have the problem of getting you out."

Assuming the grate is about equal to an iron portcullis, average damage over 24 rounds should be enough for me to break it open.

I can easily get us out, but it would cost a tiny amount of xp. I don't want to do this because that tiny amount of xp will set me back a level. And losing that level will cost me my only level of ranger and my 3rd level infusions.

JollyChris
2011-04-19, 05:10 PM
"Well right now i think we should find out what those runes mean. I'd rather not activate some kind of trap by tampering with the grate"

3SecondCultist
2011-04-19, 06:00 PM
"Sure, it'd be smarter to test out the runes first, wouldn't you say guys?" The bard's cheery manner and clarion voice ring out across the stone tiles. "I for one am intent on seeing the people who put us in here, so I can shake their hands. This is a good prison they built here."

Beschoren
2011-04-19, 07:02 PM
Morinfen adresses the pixie "Oi, those are just iron bars? meh. Maybe they WANT us to escape that way."

The half-fied finally gets up, but even so still keeps his hands on the floor, next to his feet. He takes a look on the runes to try to find.

He uses his arcane attunement to try to detect any magic on them, prior to actually trying to read them..... moderate abjuration would mean explosive runes...

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 07:04 PM
You find that they radiate a strong abjuration aura.

Beschoren
2011-04-19, 07:11 PM
"Oi, those runes smell like trouble!" morinfen shouts "strong abjuration. no ordinary caster has done that."

"Whoever decides to mess with them let me know. I'll keep some 15 feet away..."

GFawkes
2011-04-19, 07:50 PM
"If someone wishes for us to escape, I say we give them what they want." Mianissa says, cracking her knuckles.

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 07:55 PM
A gnarled winged creature flies over the pit, Silence in the hole!!! he shouts.

3SecondCultist
2011-04-19, 08:06 PM
Jolian, ever the epitome of etiquette, calls back up at the winged figure as it passes by. "Hello, sir? I'm sure this is a misunderstanding, please! May we simply discuss our incarceration?"

Rolling Diplomacy check [roll0]
EDIT: I believe that, should that particular NPC have heard me, its attitude toward me would have shifted from Hostile to Indifferent.

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 08:09 PM
You are being held for your own good, the demons want you, and we can't have that.

3SecondCultist
2011-04-19, 08:16 PM
The Laughing Knight grins at the guard's response. "I can assure you sir, that I am not of the belief that being held in a prison is for the betterment of my health. As much fun as it might be to meet new faces, could you please pass along our reservations to your superior?"

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 08:18 PM
I'll call my superior, I don't know what he will say to you., the scaly little monstrosity flies away.

Beschoren
2011-04-19, 09:02 PM
"Hehehehe..."

Morinfen laughts again at that talky mortal attitude. He simply manipulated him to later bring a gruesome and terrible death to the little devil. Delicious mishief and malicious intents!

JollyChris
2011-04-20, 05:34 AM
"Well as much fun as is chatting with devils, i'd rather like to leave" Tethrass thinks to him self for a moment "Hmm i think i might be able to hypnotise a smaller devil and convince him let us out. Especilly if i use my magic to "improve" some of our weapons"
My plan is to use Nystuls magic aura to trick him into thinking we have demon bane weapons.Then bluffing him into releasing us while hypnotised.

jojolagger
2011-04-20, 08:56 AM
"I pretty sure I'm more qualified to magical improve our weapons."
I can make our weapons Demon (or devil) bane.

3SecondCultist
2011-04-20, 09:22 AM
"Look here chaps. Whoever these guys are, for whatever reason they locked us in this cell, we can count on one thing: they're smart. They will anticipate schemes like those you're trying to pull in here. I fact, I gather that that's what those black runes are for." The soldier turns away sharply, in order to face the closest rune.

JollyChris
2011-04-21, 07:23 PM
"So what are we going to do?"

jojolagger
2011-04-21, 08:19 PM
"We talk our way out or wait for the opportune moment. Now, if were here because the demons are after us like the minion says, we just need to convince them we can hold our own against the demons."
Says Dar, Placing a monocle over his right eye and carefully observing the runes.

[roll0] DC 15 to use artificer knowledge (which takes one minute) on the runes.
Then will spend one extra minute to get identify via artificers monocle.

Torgarn
2011-04-22, 12:59 AM
You determine that they are Runes of Magical Disruption, a type of magical sigil which sears the mind with pain any time you try to cast a spell.

Beschoren
2011-04-22, 09:08 AM
"For now we wait... let's see if the "supervisor" comes arround and silver tongue over there can fool him to release us."

3SecondCultist
2011-04-22, 09:24 AM
"Why thank you my good fellow! I sincerely hope I do not disappoint you."

Torgarn
2011-04-23, 12:56 AM
A humanoid creature covered in chains looks down at you from above the pit, What do you scum want it hisses.

Beschoren
2011-04-25, 09:39 PM
Morinfen looks suspiciously at that jester guy. what, he was nervous? why teh silence? there's no fun in that!

3SecondCultist
2011-04-25, 10:21 PM
The bard stirs a moment, and opens his eyes. Registering the devil above him, he calls out.
"I am deeply sorry for disturbing you, but we are in need of some comfort in this trying time. Some nourishment perhaps? I offer my sincerest apologies if I find the atmosphere a little bit hostile, but can you blame me?"
He cracks a grin at his ironic attempt at humor.

Torgarn
2011-04-26, 05:56 AM
I'll have something brought for you the figure stalks away.

3SecondCultist
2011-04-26, 09:27 AM
Jolian suppresses a sigh.
Why don't they listen? It isn't like I was asking for the cell keys.
He turns and sits down, humming a catchy tune to himself.

GFawkes
2011-04-26, 10:43 AM
"So much for diplomacy. Can anyone climb up these walls?" Mianissa sighs.

Beschoren
2011-04-26, 11:38 AM
"I was thinking on ripping off the grate, but that might create quite a fuzz"

Morinfen, still laying down in the ground, slightly shows off one of his wings.

3SecondCultist
2011-04-26, 04:58 PM
"I think that such a ruckus might prove a bit... unsubtle. Perhaps as a Plan B. Darcast, would you do us the honors of finding a way through the bars? A scout would do quite nicely, and we can figure out our escape route from there."

jojolagger
2011-04-26, 06:22 PM
"I can try. If I manage to get away from those runes, getting everyone out should be easy. Also, I'd advise nobody tries to use any magic while in the pit, it won't end well." Responds Darcast, Fading from view.

Turning Su invisibility back on, which shouldn't set off the runes. I'll see if I can squeeze out through the grate, taking a 20 for a end result of 27. That combined with being small might be enough.

Torgarn
2011-04-26, 06:33 PM
You manage to barely wiggle through the bars. You find yourself in a large room, full of similarly grated pits. There are several ugly little creatures flying around patrolling the room. You see two doors on either end of the room.

jojolagger
2011-04-26, 07:05 PM
Dar will get a look at the grate from this side, trying to see how it is secured, and will try to get a count of the imps.

Torgarn
2011-04-26, 07:07 PM
You see that 4 large bolts hold the grate down, there are seven imps patrolling the room.

jojolagger
2011-04-26, 07:15 PM
Dar will begin counting the pits, and will try to look into a near-by one.

Torgarn
2011-04-27, 02:33 AM
You count out twelve seperate pits. In the nearest pit you see the remains of what appears to have been a great beast.

Beschoren
2011-04-28, 03:21 PM
while waiting for the fairy, Morinfen attempts cheap talk with the others. he grabs whatever piece of dirt from the floor, arrages them in a random patterns and aks - "so, who likes gambling?"

os course, gambling is not what he has in mind. he was only looking for an excuse to leave the prone position and sets himself ready for action (feet and hands on teh floor, ready to jump and fly)

jojolagger
2011-04-28, 06:11 PM
Dar will check each of the pits, then return to the one he came from.

Torgarn
2011-04-28, 06:14 PM
Five of the other pits are empty. One of the pits used to contain you and still contains the others. One contains a skeletal remains of a great beast. Two of the pits contain large slimy creatures. Two contain a small group of goblinoids. The last pit has a single man dressed in fine robes contained within.

jojolagger
2011-04-28, 08:44 PM
"There are others held here. I bet some of them will be useful. There are two pits with slimy creatures in it, two with a few goblins, and one with a man in nice robes."

Says Dar, Making sure to keep his allies posted.

3SecondCultist
2011-04-29, 06:28 AM
"Try and talk to them. Maybe they have some way out of here. Either way, you know what they say about the enemies of our enemies..."

Beschoren
2011-05-01, 11:22 PM
"what? if they could scape on their own they wouldn't be locked! We will use them later if posible, by now we need to get out. Buddy, if you can get those guards away I can chew off the grate"

Morinfen finally stands tall and shows his vicious demonic features

(OOC: bite atatcks use 1.5x str modifier, right? power attack with bites works at -1/+2, like 2 hand wepons?)

jojolagger
2011-05-01, 11:31 PM
"I'll go talk to the guy in the robes, don't do anything rash."
Darcast will make his way into the robed mans pit and says "Hello."

Torgarn
2011-05-02, 12:37 AM
Without opening his eyes the man faces you and replies, Salutations, what is it you require of me?

jojolagger
2011-05-20, 11:24 AM
I'll was wondering if you would be interested in participating in a jailbreak. Responds Dar.

Torgarn
2011-05-20, 11:30 AM
The man raises an eyebrow, If you can free me from this magic restraining pit I will wreak such havoc on these devils as they have never before dealt with.

jojolagger
2011-05-20, 11:34 AM
"Deal. Well have you in in a bit." Says Dar, before heading to one of the goblins pits.

Torgarn
2011-05-20, 11:37 AM
Something about the goblins seems off. Their eyes are glazed over as the huddle closely together to one another.

jojolagger
2011-05-20, 11:41 AM
"Hello?" Says Dar, trying to get the goblins attention.

GFawkes
2011-05-20, 11:42 AM
"I am unsure of the rest of you, but I shall be leaving now." Mianissa states before running to the wall and jumping off it.

My plan is to walljump to the grate, slip through the grate, and beat the snot out of anyone at the top.

Jump check
[roll0]+Whatever the DM deems needed

I'll also save some time and make subsequent rolls. All these rolls assume I can't take 10. If I can, they are null and void.

Jumping
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Torgarn
2011-05-20, 12:18 PM
The goblins do not respond to your voice.

Mianissa falls during the first attempt. At the second attempt she succeeds at catching the grate in her fingers.

GFawkes
2011-05-20, 12:34 PM
Mianissa pulls herself through the grate, ready to fight anyone hostile at the top.

Escape artist. This assumes I can't take 10
[roll0]

Torgarn
2011-05-20, 07:22 PM
One of the imps points at you shrieking in an unholy language.

Roll initiative.

Beschoren
2011-05-20, 08:51 PM
Morinfen gets ready. while the guards are distracted is the best time to break off that grate

initiative [roll0]

(using my bite attack as a primary attack (1.5 str mod) counts as a two hand wepon for my power attack?)

jojolagger
2011-05-20, 09:20 PM
Hearing the guards, Darcast Begins to try to leave the current pit.

[roll0] Initative

[roll1] escape artist check (on my turn)

GFawkes
2011-05-21, 10:43 AM
Mianissa readies herself for a fight

Initiative
[roll0]

Beschoren
2011-05-21, 03:18 PM
Morinfen flyes up in haste and chews the metal bars of the grate until he can breach an opening on them

I'm not sure i even need an attack roll, but here it is
[roll0]

bite damage:
[roll1], considers power attack -6/+6, 1.5 str mod.

Torgarn
2011-05-21, 03:30 PM
The bars tear apart into shards of metal as you break through magnificently.

Jojolagger is next.

jojolagger
2011-05-21, 07:34 PM
Dar continues to try and slip out through the bars.

[roll0] escape artist

Torgarn
2011-05-23, 03:07 AM
You slip successfully through the bars. The imps fly down towards their nearest targets, though none of them have reached you yet.

Take a move beschoren.

Beschoren
2011-05-24, 06:21 PM
morinfen takes a move to the closer imp and and bites it

[roll0], damage [roll1]

(sorry for the delay, the forum ate my post and I didn't realize it)

Torgarn
2011-05-29, 01:55 AM
It's jojos turn.

jojolagger
2011-05-29, 12:24 PM
Darcast Rapidly infuses his bow with power, ready to hunt all sorts of extraplanar evils.

Full round action (due to rapid infusion) to infuse Personal weapon augmentation to make my bow evil outsider bane.
Active Effects:Invisible (eternal)