PDA

View Full Version : [FATE] Resources especially monsters

doc*sk
2011-04-16, 05:55 PM
Hey guys,

I have recently purchased Spirit of the Century, which I am really excited to run. I have loved the pulp genre ever since I first saw Indiana Jones as a child. :smallsmile:

Anyway, I am obviously new to the system and so I do not feel comfortable just making stuff up quite yet. So, I'm curious where I could go to find some SOTC or FATE 3rd edition material (monsters, game master shields, adventures, etc.). To be specific, I need a dinosaur and that doesn't really fit into the character generation rules as I read them.

Thanks

Knaight
2011-04-17, 12:56 PM
Set a wound track, declare a few important stats (along the lines of Brawn, Fists, one of the mentals, etc. I don't remember the SotC Fate names, only the BSS Fate names), and give an aspect or two to them.

potatocubed
2011-04-18, 02:21 AM
Yeah, FATE monsters are pretty easy: assign a few traits and some aspects, and make a note of any special rules (or stunts) that apply.

For example:

T-Rex
Aspects: Tyrant Lizard King!; Apex Predator; *CHOMP*; Teeny-Tiny Arms; Brain the Size of a Walnut; "It won't go down!"
Skills: Superb Fists (also jaws); Superb Intimidate; Great Athletics; Great Endurance, Great Might
Other: Can't climb; can run fast enough to keep pace with a car
7 health, 5 composure, 6 fate points

That gives you a pretty straightforward dinosaur. 7 health might not seem like much, but in SotC terms it's quite a lot.

Eldan
2011-04-18, 03:57 AM
Heh. I once converted a few NPCs from my Planescape skype game for fun (and practice).

Armoury 99, the Modron Receptionist

Aspects: Skin of Metal, Please Listen to some Relaxing Poetry, Damaged Mainframe, Extremely Literal
Fate Points: 4
Skills: Fair Alertness, Moderate Art, Good Craft, Moderate Endurance, Moderate Fists, Great Resolve