PDA

View Full Version : 3.P Stealthy Knife Rogue Build

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-04-17, 01:46 AM
I need some help with this, I get the feeling what i have so far is possibly underpowered:

Human, level 8 Rogue

STR 12
DEX 22 (human +2, levels 4 and 8)
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 14
CHA 10

FEATS:

1 TWF
1 Improved Initiative
3 Quick Draw
5 Point Blank Shot
7 Precise Shot

The only reason I took point blank and precise shots, is because i cant think of anything better right now for a melee knife rogue, beyond ITWF. Maybe Combat Expertise and Improved Feint instead?

Rogue Talents

2 Finesse
4 Fast Stealth
6 Bleeding Attack
8 Surprise Attack

My idea is a Knife/Dagger wielding rogue who carries about a dozen+ knives. He throws them during surprise rounds and enters melee for subsequent rounds for flanking opportunities. I want to pump up his stealth as that he will be the parties scout. I also kind of envision him as perhaps a commando.. or maybe just a disciplined murderer. Either way, I want him to effectively, quietly, and efficiently kill any sentries or guards.

Any help or ideas are much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Thiyr
2011-04-17, 02:21 AM
What books can you pull from? There's a few very nice choice feats for you overall. The important one is Craven, from Champions of Ruin. Adds character level to sneak attacks at the cost of a penalty to saves vs fear. Great trade, though. Can't take it till next level, but Staggering Strike from Complete Adventurer is also quite good, especially in combo with the above. Can't think of a whole lot else offhand, though.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-04-17, 04:49 AM
What books can you pull from? There's a few very nice choice feats for you overall. The important one is Craven, from Champions of Ruin. Adds character level to sneak attacks at the cost of a penalty to saves vs fear. Great trade, though. Can't take it till next level, but Staggering Strike from Complete Adventurer is also quite good, especially in combo with the above. Can't think of a whole lot else offhand, though.

Any book, any at all. Though Craven is nice mechanically, I dislike the cowardice that is implied as a result for this character, who is by no means a coward.

Staggering Strike is excellent, I had forgotten about that. Definitely goes with the whole sentry removal aspect. Now I just need one of those daggers that casts silence when it strikes...

JaronK
2011-04-17, 04:58 AM
Invisible Blade + the feat that makes your feint last the whole round (Sudden Riposte, IIRC) fits this concept quite well.

JaronK

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-04-17, 05:00 AM
Invisible Blade + the feat that makes your feint last the whole round (Sudden Riposte, IIRC) fits this concept quite well.

JaronK

It does, it does indeed... I am just unsure of the value of the Invisible Blade when it causes one to lose out on the Rogue Talents that come with the Pathfinder Rogue. Oh, and it is Surprising Riposte, i believe. Drow of the Underdark.