PDA

View Full Version : Sorceress experimentation (DnD 3.5)

Ghost6442
2011-04-17, 07:44 AM
I need help with Optimising a Sorcerer, who formally was a bard...

Tahlinn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=264935)

^^ is the original character, now they died and the DM decided I could could rebuild my character as I saw fit as long as it had the Half-dragon template applied to it. As far as my fellow players know they are going to reincarnate me, so I don't get any changes to mental stats from changes in race, or the template gain. (no AL either)

I'm not sure what type of half dragon to pick

I have chosen Aasimar for my race (catfolk was my secondary choice)

I'm actually tossing up betweenmy homebrew Shadeknife Class (see sig) and Sorcerer, so I've decided to build both and see how they turn out.

but past XP has taught me that I suck with spell casters... >.<

So I thought I would ask for help, and where better then Giant in the Playground?

I'm thinking to re-flavour the PrC Thrall of Graz’zt (BoVD pg 68) to make it more dragony, I'm not really taken by the whole servant of a demon thing (is a NE character though) It does actually fit in with my character concept though, buy it could do with a slight change in requirements and full casting progression (currently 6/10)

for feats i was thinking

Eschew Materials (PH 94), Dragon Breath (RDr 98), Spellcasting Prodigy (AoM 51), Awaken Spell Resistance (Dr 67)

but for spells, no ideas... I'm looking for High DPS (or DPR as it's turn not real time) and maybe some utility stuffs

my concept is manipulative back stabber

helps?

Saintheart
2011-04-17, 09:06 AM
If you want spontaneous sorcerer-style casting along with a manipulative backstabby type, consider Beguiler. Or the beguiler list, anyway. I'm a big fan after watching one singlehandedly break one of my Red Hand of Doom encounters against a dragon. :smallcool:

Ghost6442
2011-04-18, 04:49 AM
I did look at the beguiler... I'm doing the manipulation through the bluff skill, as there aren't many living NPC's around (undead campaign, I'm lucky they decided to reincarnate me not turn me undead, though I wouldn't mind being a ghost or vengeful spirit (BTW: anyone know what book Vengeful spirit is in?))

Also my DM has asked for High Damage output... I could go warmage and move all my cha into int, but bluff isn't a class skill, I could use intimidate...

alternatively I could go Warlock, which would null the use of the PrC, but that would be ok...

does anyone know where I can get a Editable PDF character sheet?

Tvtyrant
2011-04-18, 05:08 AM
Well, if your being asked to do damage then you could go Warmage + Sandshaper prc to add summoning to your class spells and get some strange abilities. The summons add utility to the Warmage, and you can cast from them spontaneously.