View Full Version : Darth Foetus...

dehro
2011-04-17, 03:07 PM
I intend to play a prank, but to pull it off, I'm looking for a little help from one of the photoshoppically gifted amongst us.

first a little bit of background:
my sister got married a few years ago to a man whose semi-estranged father died in an accident when he was a teenager.
a year or so after the marriage, said man gets a skype contact from a guy who tells him "I'm your father and I'd like to get in touch, catch up etc etc".. a little online inquiry yields that the man had somehow sort of faked his death and been on the run from people he owed money to ever since, eventually building up a new life somewhere else (and a new family, as it turns out).
my brother in law never accepted the skype message and never got in touch with his father, deciding that that part of his life was over.
when I heard about this, I called him on the phone and played the "luke, I'm your father" bit from star wars in the speaker.
much hilarity and laughter... (in fact he almost crashed the car he was driving at the time, because he couldn't stop laughing)..ever since, my brother in law has used the Darth Vader skype image as his skype profile piccy.

now my sister is pregnant and has just come home with her first echo..

the dastardly plan is to have the next echo show a believable darth vader mask on top of the baby..hence Darth Foetus.
(my evil sister is of course my accomplice)
I've had a look around, but I've only ever found "average" echographies where the proud father claims he sees a resemblance with Darth Vader..in a baby that looks more like Stewie Griffin...and I really just want my brother in law to see it right away, if possible..
I am semi-competent with the basics of photoshop but nowhere near as good as I'd have to be to do this myself.
so..is it possible to insert a somehow believable Darth Vader helmet on top of a foetus in an echo?

yes, yes..I'm utterly despicable, but I just know he'll laugh his pants off...which is all we want really, the man could use a laugh now that he's learning what changing nappies is all about.
(let's face it, what good are nephews if you can't use them to prank your brother in law?)

Moff Chumley
2011-04-17, 03:42 PM
I don't have the photoshop chops to help you, but that's a truly beautiful prank. :smallbiggrin:

nerd-7i+42e
2011-04-17, 04:04 PM
You mean like this (sorry it's a bit large) placed over the image of an echo?

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i476/nerd-7iplus42e/Picture1.png?t=1303074079

dehro
2011-04-17, 04:14 PM
You mean like this (sorry it's a bit large) placed over the image of an echo?

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i476/nerd-7iplus42e/Picture1.png?t=1303074079

I'm thinking something like that, but used as the..head of a foetus, inside an echo..yes.. which is a tall order, I understand.. then again, I guess I'll take what I can get...if I think it will work (well...my sister will, the evil woman makes me almost proud :smallbiggrin:).. I certainly don't want anybody to slave away at something for the sake of a 3 minutes laugh.

thank you anyway, I'm going to forward this one to my sister to start with...

Emperor Ing
2011-04-17, 04:19 PM
I'm proeficient in photoshop, and I could be helpful...if I could tell the head and the tail apart from an echo. :smallannoyed:

dehro
2011-04-17, 04:35 PM
I'm proeficient in photoshop, and I could be helpful...if I could tell the head and the tail apart from an echo. :smallannoyed:

oooh it need not be a "proper echo"... think this:
youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeqtkjsDP6s)
but only a still frame and with the helmet on :smallamused:

nerd-7i+42e
2011-04-17, 04:46 PM
I'm thinking something like that, but used as the..head of a foetus, inside an echo..yes.. which is a tall order, I understand.. then again, I guess I'll take what I can get...if I think it will work (well...my sister will, the evil woman makes me almost proud :smallbiggrin:).. I certainly don't want anybody to slave away at something for the sake of a 3 minutes laugh.

thank you anyway, I'm going to forward this one to my sister to start with...

I'm not sure I understand. If you were to just place that over the head of the fetus in the image, wouldn't it have the same effect? In other words... would this work (obviously, with your sister's fetus instead)?

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i476/nerd-7iplus42e/220px-Embryo_at_14_weeks_profile.jpg?t=1303076703

dehro
2011-04-18, 02:41 AM
you, sir, are a genius.
thanks...now it's only a matter of waiting for the next ecography, which I understand isn't going to happen right away, as the first one was recent.

P.S. in hindsight, we were saying the same thing and I didn't realise it until I saw the piccy.

LaZodiac
2011-04-18, 03:32 AM
Yay. Keep us posted, I approve of this joke so much.

dehro
2011-04-18, 03:41 AM
I will...
also, I'm still wondering whether this means I'm a geek, a dork, a nerd or what else..the definition has always been a bit shaky...but maybe that's something for another thread.

dehro
2011-04-29, 07:22 PM
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

plenty of laughs ensued.

Heliomance
2011-04-29, 07:36 PM
I will...
also, I'm still wondering whether this means I'm a geek, a dork, a nerd or what else..the definition has always been a bit shaky...but maybe that's something for another thread.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/geeks_and_nerds.png

grimbold
2011-04-30, 01:39 AM
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

plenty of laughs ensued.

can we have a full description of the chaos?

dehro
2011-04-30, 08:40 AM
well..there was no easy way to slip it in an actual ecography being taken, especially not with me present, so when they came to visit yesterday, and showed the ecography to some of the other attending relatives, I asked them if I could take one and enlarge it..took it then to the copy/fax machine thinghy, and proceed to enlarge it. of course I put the photo in the wrong way up, so the picture would come out blank, and had previously put the above picture in the paper-tray.
so when that one sheet of paper came out with the suitably enlarged ecography, I let my brother-in-law fetch it out of the machine...
of course everybody else was forewarned, so we were already half smirking when his face fell off.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-04-30, 08:45 AM
of course everybody else was forewarned, so we were already half smirking when his face fell off.

I apologize for imagining this literally.

grimbold
2011-04-30, 09:10 AM
I apologize for imagining this literally.

Gwyn
you scare me sometimes

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-04-30, 09:47 AM
Gwyn
you scare me sometimes

It was hilarious in a cartoon graphic violence kind of way.

and yes, I scare myself sometimes.

Ooooh, that's a better quote I think. can I sig it?

grimbold
2011-04-30, 11:17 AM
It was hilarious in a cartoon graphic violence kind of way.

and yes, I scare myself sometimes.

Ooooh, that's a better quote I think. can I sig it?

go crazy
:smallbiggrin:

CynicalAvocado
2011-04-30, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure I understand. If you were to just place that over the head of the fetus in the image, wouldn't it have the same effect? In other words... would this work (obviously, with your sister's fetus instead)?

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i476/nerd-7iplus42e/220px-Embryo_at_14_weeks_profile.jpg?t=1303076703

this has to be the best thing i've seen all week

grimbold
2011-05-04, 02:12 AM
this has to be the best thing i've seen all week

welcome to the club Cynical Avocado