PDA

View Full Version : Prayers/Hopes/Happy Thoughts For Coidzor.

MountainKing
2011-04-17, 05:24 PM
Alright, I'm going to say this right out: I do not know exactly what happened. In his words, he got "hit&run'd", and he wanted me to ask GitP to think of him. He also said he's okay, but "a bit banged up". I don't know any more specifics than that, as he texted me literally five minutes ago. Since I live several states away, this is the best I can do, especially since he asked.

So please, everyone keep Coidzor in your thoughts/prayers, whichever form of positivity you prefer. I assure you, he'll appreciate it dearly.

Blue Ghost
2011-04-17, 05:25 PM
Oh dear... :smalleek:
I certainly hope he's all right. Offering my prayers.

Zaydos
2011-04-17, 05:28 PM
I hope he gets better soon and that nothing serious is wrong.

Crow
2011-04-17, 05:39 PM
Hope you got some time off of work out of it, bud. Get better!

Mystic Muse
2011-04-17, 05:41 PM
:smalleek:

Really hope he gets better.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-04-17, 06:05 PM
Oh boy! :smalleek:

Um.

DAMN, man!

I hope you're ok, and get better fast, mmk?

Viera Champion
2011-04-17, 06:23 PM
Awwww... Poor Coidzor. You get better soon!

Tiger Duck
2011-04-17, 06:25 PM
Auw that blows, hope you're okay.

RebelRogue
2011-04-17, 06:33 PM
Oh, man :smalleek: I hope everything turns out ok for him.

Perenelle
2011-04-17, 06:36 PM
:smalleek: :smallfrown: Oh no, I hope everything is okay.

*sends happy thoughts*

Haruki-kun
2011-04-17, 06:48 PM
Hit & Run'd....? :smalleek:

What does that... I don't know, but I hope he's OK. :smallfrown:

Ceric
2011-04-17, 07:01 PM
Oh man... hope he's okay :smalleek:

LaZodiac
2011-04-17, 07:21 PM
Hit & Run'd....? :smalleek:

What does that... I don't know, but I hope he's OK. :smallfrown:

Not to be blunt, bit it means a car hit him. He may have just been nicked by it based on the "bit banged up" though.

Eadin
2011-04-17, 07:31 PM
Poor Coid...:smallfrown:

pendell
2011-04-17, 07:47 PM
Alright, I'm going to say this right out: I do not know exactly what happened. In his words, he got "hit&run'd", and he wanted me to ask GitP to think of him. He also said he's okay, but "a bit banged up". I don't know any more specifics than that, as he texted me literally five minutes ago. Since I live several states away, this is the best I can do, especially since he asked.

So please, everyone keep Coidzor in your thoughts/prayers, whichever form of positivity you prefer. I assure you, he'll appreciate it dearly.

Praying now. That really stinks.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Lady Moreta
2011-04-17, 07:52 PM
Not to be blunt, bit it means a car hit him. He may have just been nicked by it based on the "bit banged up" though.

This. Also that said car didn't stop to check but drove off.

Whatever happened I hope he's okay soon - and I hope he got the license plate of the car involved so he can go to the cops with it...

Trog
2011-04-17, 07:53 PM
Ah crap that sucks. :smallfrown: Hope you feel better soon Coid. And I hope they catch whoever did it. :smallannoyed:

FreakyCheeseMan
2011-04-17, 07:54 PM
I was (also) in the car with him- he's fine. Guy really did us a favor running off- meant it's absolutely unconditionally his fault, rather than being out word against his.

desmond1323
2011-04-17, 07:56 PM
OK, for some clarification, since he's bloody not going to soon enough...

This is his good friend. At his house right now. Was over for the weekend, was with him when this happened.

For details:

We were driving down, the car in front was taking a right turn, Coid slowed to stop, and then BANG, the car behind us rear-ended us. We pulled over, to call the cops, trade information, etc., etc.

The other car? Pulled over for a bit, then proceeded to turn around and leave.

Thankfully, a guy walking nearby got the license plate number, so it was about as good as this sort of situation gets. The guy/gal ran, so it's going to definitely fall under his/her fault, we got the tag number so the cops can find him/her (if they havent' already), the car still runs (it just has a decent dent in the rear left bumper), and we are all fine. He's complained of some headaches, but if anyone was going to get hurt, it'd have been myself (due to the backseat seat belts not working)...

He, and all of us involved, thank you for your concern, but to assure you...We are alright, and now we even have a new story to tell, heh.

Coidzor
2011-04-17, 07:58 PM
Would've sworn that I had explained things better, sorry.

Force
2011-04-17, 07:59 PM
If you got a blow to the head, Coid, you might want to seek medical attention...

ZombyWoof
2011-04-17, 08:01 PM
THANK GOD! I was worried we'd have to be without coidzor for a while :smallfrown:

FreakyCheeseMan
2011-04-17, 08:08 PM
THANK GOD! I was worried we'd have to be without coidzor for a while :smallfrown:

Eh, his CON score isn't quite *that* low... I mean, he lives in a house with *twelve* housecats, so he has to have at least a few HP to spare...

desmond1323
2011-04-17, 08:18 PM
Bah, it was a pretty simple and pathetic accident. I mean, at most we were still at 20-ish mph, but more like 10-15.

Trog
2011-04-17, 08:24 PM
Ah I see. Good that your doing okay, Coid. For a second there I thought you got hit by a car as a pedestrian. Happened to my cousin once though not a hit and run. He broke his arm and his collarbone. Not fun. Glad you're in one piece. Or uh... you know... how ever many pieces you were in to begin with. >>

Mystic Muse
2011-04-17, 08:29 PM
Ah I see. Good that your doing okay, Coid. For a second there I thought you got hit by a car as a pedestrian.

Same here. :smalleek:

Glad you're doing well.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-17, 08:33 PM
Oh man, glad you're all okay.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-04-17, 08:36 PM
Same here. :smalleek:

Glad you're doing well.

Aye.
This is much much better. For one, you're not actually hurt.

Hope you get everything worked out!

Coidzor
2011-04-17, 08:40 PM
Ah I see. Good that your doing okay, Coid. For a second there I thought you got hit by a car as a pedestrian. Happened to my cousin once though not a hit and run. He broke his arm and his collarbone. Not fun.

Yeah, some nasty things happen with naked body and car. Worst thing has been a friend going temporarily blind in one eye and other similar fun stuff, thankfully, amongst my contacts. Got a friend who got hit right outside of our high school actually, and he's still got a slight limp. :smallsigh:

Would've sworn I'd explained things. But apparently I actually have had this repeatedly happen today where, while filling people in, I've thought I've told them the whole story but only given them like half. kinda wiggy...

Glad you're in one piece. Or uh... you know... how ever many pieces you were in to begin with. >>

I think 37 last count. But, eh, eyes are same size, no surface abrasions, no taste of metal, and mostly just stress fatigue as far as things I can identify. If I'm feeling off in the morning or don't wake up, that's when I'll worry.

Edit: ah. the joys of having a friend sign in on the same computer and forget to let you know. x.x

rayne_dragon
2011-04-17, 08:42 PM
No more getting hit by cars, Coidzor. I'd be really upset if you weren't around to agrue with all the time. :smallwink:

Lady Moreta
2011-04-17, 09:07 PM
Ah I see. Good that your doing okay, Coid. For a second there I thought you got hit by a car as a pedestrian.

That's what I thought as well. Glad to know it wasn't that bad and everyone is okay :smallsmile:

Ranger Mattos
2011-04-17, 09:11 PM
Oh noez... :smalleek::smallfrown:

He'll be in my prayers/hopes/happy thoughts.

Coidzor
2011-04-17, 09:22 PM
No more getting hit by cars, Coidzor. I'd be really upset if you weren't around to agrue with all the time. :smallwink:

:smalltongue: I'd expect at least a few glasses of wine strained through your kidneys though.

rayne_dragon
2011-04-17, 09:28 PM
:smalltongue: I'd expect at least a few glasses of wine strained through your kidneys though.

Probably not wine. Mead is more likely.

Skeppio
2011-04-17, 09:29 PM
*phew* Glad to hear you're all right, Coidzor. :smallsmile:

Anuan
2011-04-17, 11:46 PM
Ah I see. Good that your doing okay, Coid. For a second there I thought you got hit by a car as a pedestrian. Happened to my cousin once though not a hit and run. He broke his arm and his collarbone. Not fun. Glad you're in one piece. Or uh... you know... how ever many pieces you were in to begin with. >>

This is what I thought at first too D:

Glad you're okay physically, Coid.

Haruki-kun
2011-04-18, 10:23 AM
Well, that's... much better than being hit by a car who ran off. Glad to know you're OK.

KuReshtin
2011-04-18, 10:41 AM
Good to hear you're not seriously injured, Coidz.
Also very good to hear that you were 'only' rear-ended while in your car instead of being hit as a pedestrian.

pendell
2011-04-18, 11:43 AM
Thank God. Glad to hear you're all right.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Fredaintdead
2011-04-18, 11:52 AM
Wow, I'm glad you're okay Coidzor. This place would not be the same without you.

Anyway, I wish you a speedy recovery my friend.

Ranger Mattos
2011-04-18, 03:39 PM
Coidzor is okay now? Excellent.

Dire Moose
2011-04-18, 03:39 PM
Good to know you're doing better, Coidzor. You're a great guy and I don't know what we would do without you.

Sacrieur
2011-04-18, 03:41 PM
Someone fetch me my warhammer of car smashing-- I mean... This needs to be dealt with properly.

Coidzor
2011-04-18, 03:49 PM
As far as I could tell, I ended up better off, with their front bumper kinda... partially hanging off. I can't recall exactly but I don't think it was that way before the ordeal.

Was mostly just trying to get some karma and positive thinking built up so I wouldn't end up in something worse on the way home than any real physical injury on my part.

Was a bit... um... out of it off and on all day after that, you see.

The one bright side was that after it happened, I was in no hurry to go anywhere or do anything, so my patience with others was probably at an all time high.

The way that I kept having to shake off getting distracted by how much I really wanted a gallon of ice cream to pig out on was definitely pretty strange though. Never really ever had that sort of... reaction to stress before. :smallconfused:

Dire Moose
2011-04-18, 03:50 PM
The way that I kept having to shake off getting distracted by how much I really wanted a gallon of ice cream to pig out on was definitely pretty strange though. Never really ever had that sort of... reaction to stress before. :smallconfused:

:thog: it's ok. thog have that reaction every time.

factotum
2011-04-18, 03:55 PM

Sounds like you were in shock--it can do weird things to your mind, tha knows. Good to hear you're OK!

Deth Muncher
2011-04-20, 07:49 AM
Oh man. Does this mean Coidzor gets a free Improved Toughness feat?

(Also, good to hear you and your friends are okay. Car accidents are full of suck.)

Coidzor
2011-04-20, 08:42 AM
Oh man. Does this mean Coidzor gets a free Improved Toughness feat?

(Also, good to hear you and your friends are okay. Car accidents are full of suck.)

:smalltongue: Are you kidding? My DM would have my hide if I somehow managed to get a feat without leveling up first.

Thank you all though, at this point there's only boring paperwork and waiting for Godot and the car to go in to get worked on and then come out again, which will hopefully occur soon.

Recaiden
2011-04-23, 10:50 AM
Very glad to hear that you're okay, Coidz.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2011-04-23, 11:19 AM
At least you and your companions are unharmed. That is a blessing in itself.

Saint Nil
2011-04-23, 10:02 PM
Glad to know your alright.:smallsmile:

grimbold
2011-04-24, 04:38 AM
wow
this is extremely upsetting

Lord Herman
2011-04-24, 05:13 AM
I was afraid it was something like Ink's accident a few years back. Glad you're okay. :smallsmile:

grimbold
2011-04-24, 05:30 PM
Eh, his CON score isn't quite *that* low... I mean, he lives in a house with *twelve* housecats, so he has to have at least a few HP to spare...
i think that made my day

Thes Hunter
2011-04-25, 07:31 PM
Good to hear that you are alright Coid.

Did you ever end up seeing a doctor?

Lord Loss
2011-04-25, 08:15 PM
Nice to hear you're feeling alright.

I mean, who else out therw would dish out blunt, despressing romantic advice that would make me all sad and mopey for the next few hours? :smallwink:

Coidzor
2011-04-25, 11:20 PM
^: Sadly, I just don't feel the same beware the ides of march vibe I once did for RWA. :smallfrown: I think I might be becoming an optimist. :smallconfused:

Good to hear that you are alright Coid.

Did you ever end up seeing a doctor?

Thank you. I decided to sleep on it since I only had a brief headache that started about an hour afterwards... and because I didn't get home until nightfall because I got hit in the small city where I used to live that's about a 40 minute drive until later into the evening due to needing to complete the mission I was on since I was still capable of driving and not in obvious need of anything.

And I felt fine the next day, though I slept a teensy bit more than I usually do. Which is good, because I had to do a fair bit of chores and do a rather thorough cleaning of the church next door. So, no, I haven't seen any medical professionals, not even my aunt or uncle because easter plans fell through with them. :smallfrown: But that's just one of the things of being a doctor married to another doctor, people always wanting to have dinner with you... I think... might just be them. :smallconfused:

Car went into the shop two days ago and I'm currently in a rental the insurance company is footing the bill for so that I can get in to work. It's a dodge cavalier, I believe, so it's an interesting change up, if nothing else.

Coidzor
2011-05-02, 11:34 PM
So. Guess what happened to me again this evening. :smallannoyed:

d13
2011-05-02, 11:56 PM
You've got to be kidding me...

Skeppio
2011-05-02, 11:59 PM
:smalleek: Damn, not again!

Coidzor
2011-05-02, 11:59 PM
You've got to be kidding me...

Nope. This time it was dark enough that I couldn't even tell what color their car was as they sped off. Luckily didn't hit my head this time as I saw they were going to hit me about 6 very sickening seconds before the impact.

And it was while I was stopped at a stoplight and had been for half a minute. :smallsigh:

factotum
2011-05-03, 01:29 AM
Do you have giant magnets attached to your car, or something? :smalleek: And was this in your own car, or in the rental you had while waiting for yours to be fixed?

Coidzor
2011-05-03, 01:55 AM
Do you have giant magnets attached to your car, or something? :smalleek: And was this in your own car, or in the rental you had while waiting for yours to be fixed?

Thankfully not in the rental. Got my car back on Friday.

factotum
2011-05-03, 06:41 AM
Thankfully not in the rental. Got my car back on Friday.

Surely it'd be thankfully IN the rental, because then you wouldn't have to worry about getting your car fixed up a second time!

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2011-05-03, 08:16 AM
I think your car may be cursed. Did you pull out in front of a witch one day or something?

Coidzor
2011-05-03, 10:44 AM
Surely it'd be thankfully IN the rental, because then you wouldn't have to worry about getting your car fixed up a second time!

Well, the insurance company was paying for it for the most part, so I'm pretty sure they'd've just had me killed outright and stiffed my family for the bill for it if that had happened.