PDA

View Full Version : The End of Times

Torgarn
2011-04-17, 08:00 PM
The Great Serpent of Garisol has been released. It has already destroyed the Kingdom of Gaul, the greatest of all openly evil nations. It is prophesied that it will cleanse the world with a holy fire of all evil. You four are the worlds greatest villians, drawn together by a simple goal. You must stop the Serpent before it destroys you, and all of your legacies. You are gathered in a ruin of a dead evil empire, in the palace's war room.

Hyperion
2011-04-17, 08:32 PM
A young man with short white hair and cold ice blue eyes, is covered with a magnificent white cloak covering his dark attire underneath. The incantatrix and ex-white dragon spawns prince stood in the right corner of the room. The Great serpent Garisol is strong and powerful enough to take an entire nation with his own powers and possibly one of the only force standing between them and their goals. A pale green ioun stone and irisdescent are floating on top of his head.

"The Great Serpent is making a lot of noise. At least finding him won't be the problem but how should we proceed on this?"

Like every day, Virax prepares his day with a persistent shapechange and a mind blank cast on himself. Never know when he would actually need it.
He uses greater shadow evocation to cast contingency on himself with the trigger snap fingers for a resilient sphere to go off.

Urist
2011-04-17, 09:07 PM
A shadowy figure sits in the middle of the war room, in a meditative pose. Wearing a black , formfitting robe, and a dark cloak, the man seems to blend into the shadows around him, a perception which is exacerbated by the shadowy cloud which surrounds him. A tarnished metal mask obscures the figures face. He carries no weapons.

A dry, quiet voice makes itself heard.

"Does anyone truly know the best way to engage this monstrosity? I am not, I admit, a great studier of beasts. Perhaps our companions might illuminate the matter?"

Ilich's readied maneuvers:
Mercurial Strike, Mountain Tombstone Strike, Time Stands Still, Five Ice Shadow Enervating Strike, Shadow Jaunt/Blink/Stride, One With Shadow, Greater Insightful Strike, Flashing Sun, Mind over Body, Cloak of Deception.

Active Stances: Assassins Stance, Stance of Alacrity.

50% concealment(Ring of Concealing Amorphora, Greater.
Readied action at the moment: If attacked in any way he discerns, use Shadow Stride to teleport to the closest patch of shadow, followed by a hide check(Hide in Plain Sight)

Hide Check: [roll0]

Norpfang
2011-04-17, 09:28 PM
A twitching wreck of a young girl jitters on the floor laughing gleefully playing with her what appears to be a green and yellow pile of mud and worms. Hearing her companions make conversation she stops mid giggle and speaks in the sing song voice of a child.

Bad, Bad Snake. We just wanted to play. You just had to ruin al of our fun. What will daddy say if their little Maddy doesn't get her toys.

After this she starts to jitter again. This time scratching at the floor to the beat of some child hood lymric.

Urist
2011-04-18, 08:10 PM
The figure on the floor sighs.
"Oh yes, the snake will take away your toys. And our lives, if we do not act in some way. Do any of us know what what prompted this release? Maybe the snake could be =returned to its slumber."

Hyperion
2011-04-18, 08:23 PM
"Finding a way to send it back where it come from is tempting but I would prefer a more permanent solution to our problem. We can't just risk having those pesky heroes finding a way to bring back the serpent to our world.The dragon is obsessed with purging the world of evil, maybe we can find a way to use that to our advantage."

Urist
2011-04-18, 08:31 PM
How? A massive serpent dedicated to the destruction of us and everything we stand for is not likely to wish to parley. Not after what it did to Gaul... No, the creature must be killed or sealed, but diplomacy will result in failure. Unless, that is, we can convince heroes to intervene on our behalf..."

Norpfang
2011-04-18, 08:33 PM
I know! all things good have a weak spot. We must find it break him, and he'll will play with me for ever. I used to be good once. Think of what we can do with the chaos.
Ribbit... I shall have us delve into the history of this creature. Ribbit
Ohh skink your so smart

Knowledge History [roll0]
Knowledge Religion [roll1] To learn more of this snakes lore

Torgarn
2011-04-18, 08:57 PM
Your research reveals that the Serpent is a intelligent construct of great power. It can only be awakened if a Paragon of Law and Good sacrifices its life of it's own free will to activate the core of the Serpent. Only a weapon of truly vile evil can damage it. Such a weapon would have to have been used in the slaughter of over a million innocents, or have been used by a paragon of true evil for over ten thousand years.

Norpfang
2011-04-18, 09:28 PM
Constructs are noooo fun pltttff..... Ohhh yay. we may get to have some fun. My poor wittle weapons have only killed 10000 souls. What we search for exceeds that tool by alot of numbers. Will you boys play with me. I really want a weapon of such glory. Dragon boy your the oldest do you know of anything we could look for. Maddy roles over to Viraxes feet puppy eyeing him while scratching at his boot.

Urist
2011-04-18, 09:35 PM
"Might some other parties be wishing its destruction? Perhaps an Archdevil or two... Girl, you are a summoner, correct? Maybe one of your beasts can help us with this."

Norpfang
2011-04-18, 09:48 PM
No you silly boy. it only summons gibbering beasts. We shall travel the hellish planes in search of this weapon. Do any of you have daddys to follow. We can call them At this point one of her hands is trying to stab herself barley being held back by her other one.

Hyperion
2011-04-18, 11:10 PM
"An item which killed a lot of people. The nine hells could be a place where we could find such a powerful item. More power to us, if we can find an archfiend interested in the destruction of the serpent."

Dire Reverend
2011-04-18, 11:40 PM
Caleb walks into the room. "Sorry for being late. I got a little hungry on the way and decided to get a snack." He smiles mischeviously. "Did I miss anything?"

Norpfang
2011-04-19, 10:41 AM
Uhhh a snack did you bring anything back for me! I just looove a tasty meal before playtime. Maddy crawls over to the vampire panting heavily.

Dire Reverend
2011-04-19, 12:47 PM
"Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think that you would enjoy the blood or soul of a human."

Norpfang
2011-04-19, 02:08 PM
Not the latter but bloods tasty. Though I prefer flesh.

Dire Reverend
2011-04-19, 10:55 PM
"I wish that I knew that when I finished off him, my bad, please forgive me."

Urist
2011-04-20, 07:49 AM
"As fascinating as your dietary habits are, we must return to the business at hand. I know not of any weapons of this magnitude of evil on first thought, but I will see if I can think of any."

Martial Lore Check: [roll0]

Torgarn
2011-04-20, 02:42 PM
Your thoughts lead you down deep twisting corridors of madness. When you resurface, you know in your mind of several weapons that would suit your purpose. The Wand of Orcus, Ruby Rod of Asmodeus, and Sword of Kaz are the most well known of all deeply evil weapons that may aid you. However your knowledge is great, and you perceive one additional weapon, created long ago by a cabal of evil psions, the Crown of the Allminded.

Norpfang
2011-04-20, 02:49 PM
Uwwwww a pretty crown. Can I get it please. Please. Ill take care of it for ever and ever..... So when do we get to go guyzz.

Hyperion
2011-04-21, 08:41 AM
"The sword of Kaz sounds like something exciting to get but not quite sure how much time we have with this serpent. At least, we can locate the crown more easily." Virax wonders if the crown would require some kind of psionic powers use, which might be a problem with him and his colleagues.

Urist
2011-04-21, 08:56 AM
"I know of the crown, but not where to find it. Might anyone have any other leads? We could go after the Sword, I suppose, but the Crown is probably most practical to obtain. Where might we find it, though..."

Norpfang
2011-04-21, 02:05 PM
Well then we should head out im excited. Pretty toys doent come to us.

Urist
2011-04-21, 08:25 PM
"But where to move out to? I know not where to find the damned crown. Maybe you could scry it, but without forethought, any action is doomed to failure."

Norpfang
2011-04-22, 04:27 PM
Maddy gets to her feat and start packing her gear excited to go out searching for the artifacts.

Urist
2011-04-24, 08:02 PM
Sighing, Iliich stands and begins to do the same. Despite some misgivings, he knows that they must set out immediately, or their destruction would be imminent.

Dire Reverend
2011-04-24, 09:37 PM
"This will be fun." Because he just walked in, he did not need to prepare anything to leave. "By the way, does anyone know what type of sword are we talking about? Is it a Greatsword, a Bastard Sword, or something else?"

Norpfang
2011-04-24, 10:50 PM
Can any of you transport plane to plane. I cant tell the morning. In the mean time Im gonna go see if we can pry information out of some nearby scholars.

Hyperion
2011-04-25, 11:51 AM
"Yeah I can offer the necessary transportation. The sword had been described as various forms ranging from longswords, greatsword or bastard sword. I'm going to estimate that nobody actually know what it looks like. I'll ask a deity for a few questions."

He grabs his rod and sit in a corner. He sends his consciousness to ask questions from the deities there.

Casting Limited Wish to replicate Contact Other Plane and going for an intermediate deity outer plane.

Intelligence check vs DC 14:
[roll0]

The questions: (Auto pass concentration checks)
1. What is the location of the Crown of the All minded?
[roll1]
2. Who is currently in possession of said Crown of the All Minded?
[roll2]
3. What is the form of the sword of Kas?
[roll3]
4. What is the location of the sword of Kas?
[roll4]
5. Who is in possession of the sword of Kas?
[roll5]
6. Is there any artifact that you know that can control the serpent?
[roll6]
7.What are the powers of the sword of Kas?
[roll7]
8.What are the powers of the crown of the all minded?
[roll8]
9. Are there other groups of evil individuals that came up to the same solution as us?
[roll9]
10. What is the most powerful evil artifact?
[roll10]

That would all for the questions.

Torgarn
2011-04-25, 03:53 PM
1. Deep

2. Nothing

3. A sword

4. Hidden

5. Wee Jas

6. No

7. Many

8. Many

9. Yes

10. None of these

Hyperion
2011-04-25, 04:35 PM
"The crown is apparently unattended and the sword is in possession of Wee Jas. It would seem more likely to get the crown than the sword. The crown is possibly hidden 'deep'. I can only assume either the underdark or some deep underground dungeon. Let's gather more information ."

Yeah curious where are the scholars/archeologist and treasure finders found in your world? This could be a good place to start.

Norpfang
2011-04-25, 06:10 PM
Yay lets go play with Wee Jas Maddy starts skipping around in a child like manor.

Torgarn
2011-04-25, 08:39 PM
Treasure hunters gather in ransacking guilds. Your greatest chance of finding a good one is the guild located in Nerkal.

Norpfang
2011-04-25, 08:40 PM
We head there Or at least Maddy does

Dire Reverend
2011-04-25, 09:44 PM
Caleb follows Maddy.

Hyperion
2011-04-25, 09:57 PM
Virax follows the others to Nerkal. One of the treasure hunter guild might be the only place to find out more information.

Torgarn
2011-04-25, 10:03 PM
Not to put a damper on tings but how are you going about heading to Nerkal?

Hyperion
2011-04-25, 10:08 PM
Using one of my scroll of greater teleport to go there with the whole party 1 out of 10 scrolls used then.

Torgarn
2011-04-26, 01:21 AM
You arrive at Nerkal, the City of Bones. A large city walled in pure adamantine. Anything can be bought and sold here. You arrive at the cities gates, the city itself being protected by a monstrously large teleportation seal. All extradimensional travel into the city and inside of the city is nullified. You stand at one the the 3 Great Gates. Constructs made of adamantine, they open only to those with no intent to harm the city or it's inhabitants.

Dire Reverend
2011-04-26, 01:41 AM
Caleb approaches the constructs, and watches them to see if they do anything.

Torgarn
2011-04-26, 01:45 AM
What is your purpose in Nerkal strangers? the great construct bellows loudly.

Dire Reverend
2011-04-26, 01:48 AM
"We wish to visit one if the guilds inside of this city."

Torgarn
2011-04-26, 01:54 AM
Which guild do you seek? it rumbles out loudly.

Dire Reverend
2011-04-26, 02:32 AM
"I am not sure of it's official name in this great city, but I believe it to be some sort of treasure hunting guild. Are my comrades and I welcome here?"

Torgarn
2011-04-26, 02:48 AM
A slot opens in the door and a ticket pops out. You are granted access to the merchant quarter, do not stray from there or you will be dealt with a section of the gate the size of a man opens for you.

Norpfang
2011-04-26, 07:11 AM
thank you mister golem. Maddy prances through the gate.

Urist
2011-04-26, 09:16 AM
Iliich follows Maddy through the gate, nodding to the golem as he passes through. As he walks, he proceeds to hide in plain sight, tailing Maddy through the crowd.
Hide: [roll0](includes the -5 to move at higher than half speed)
Move Silently: [roll1]

Hyperion
2011-04-26, 10:03 AM
Virax nods to the golem and walks into the city heading toward the treasure hunters guild. Hopefully they would be able to get some more information about what they are looking for.

Torgarn
2011-04-26, 06:12 PM
A man approaches Virax, Firzt tim in the zity? he queries Might be needing a guide you willz

Hyperion
2011-04-26, 07:38 PM
"Hello sir, I'm just looking for the treasure hunter guild." Virax observes the guide for a moment and focuses at the task at hand at the moment.

Torgarn
2011-04-26, 07:58 PM
We haz zevera hunterz guilz in or great zity, which one are youz looking for?

Norpfang
2011-04-26, 08:01 PM
Noticing the conversation Maddy hurries back to the group.

Urist
2011-04-26, 08:04 PM
Iliich proceeds back as well, maintaining his hidden position until needed.

Hyperion
2011-04-26, 08:33 PM
"mostly one that would focus on the research of artifacts and I mean rare ones."

Torgarn
2011-04-26, 09:02 PM
Then the guildz of thez Roaylz Expeditionz iz what you ar lookingz for. i can leadz youz there, for a feez

Dire Reverend
2011-04-27, 01:35 PM
"And exactly what do you want?"

Norpfang
2011-04-27, 02:11 PM
Ribbit.... What we must pay for this horrible grammer... Ribbit Skink hides under Maddy'd shirt

Hyperion
2011-04-27, 02:47 PM
"How much?" Virax prefers to get moving and get straight to the heart of the guild.

Torgarn
2011-04-27, 06:10 PM
A zimple feez of one hundredz in gold will zuffice

Urist
2011-04-27, 07:36 PM
Iliich emerges from the shadows, andbpoaces his hand on the mans shoulder. "I'm sure that won't be necessary, will it, friend? I think you'd love to help us poor newcomers, wouldn't you?"
Intimidate: [roll0]

Norpfang
2011-04-27, 09:03 PM
Foolish boys thats not how you get things done Maddy gibbers in an infernal dialect pointing at the Mans face.
Maddy casts Dominate person DC28 will save negates, commanding him to take us for free and follow orders from any of us.
Please don't scare the poor man.
She turns to the man Please sir would you take us to the Guild for me. We would just love to play with you.

Torgarn
2011-04-28, 12:18 AM
Ha, your attemptz to forz me to do az you sayz willz not workz, this iz the zity of trade. Not much real trdingz would be donez if we allowed peoplez to do these sortz of thingz. He cackles and runs away down an alley.

Norpfang
2011-04-28, 12:43 AM
wupz let my fix that
In an attempt to knock him out before he gets to far Maddy Hits him on the head with her always drawn sword.
attack of opportunity Subdual damage [roll0] if hits [roll1]
Dont turn down my little game, Be glad we need you.

Torgarn
2011-04-28, 12:45 AM
The man shrugs off your blow blowing a raspberry at you as he goes Shouldn't have done that he cackles as he runs away.

Norpfang
2011-04-28, 12:52 AM
I can never go home
tears swelling up in Maddys eyes she sits down. Why doesnt he want me to kill him.
Ribbit you idiot youll get us killed with that nonsense. Let me fix this up for you
Skink makes Maddy use Alter self to appear has a normal human being. About what she would look like if it were not for the mutations.
There now your little illiterate friend wont come back looking for you.

Dire Reverend
2011-04-28, 02:31 AM
"Well that went just perfectly. I doubt this city likes violence inside of their walls." Caleb looks to Maddy. "Can you do me a big favor and try not to hurt anyone while in this town?

Norpfang
2011-04-30, 10:02 PM
Yes sorry she blushes and giggles.

Urist
2011-05-02, 05:03 PM
Using Shadow Blink as a swift action, Illich teleports in front of the man as he begins running. "Stop. We will pay you double, if you stop running. I apologize for my companion, she gets a little...impulsive."
Diplomacy: [roll0]

Torgarn
2011-05-02, 08:15 PM
KEKEKEKE he cackles, melting into the paving stones of the street.