PDA

View Full Version : Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC Character Wish List!

Green-Shirt Q
2011-04-17, 08:30 PM
What characters would you guys like to see made DLC for Marvel vs. Capcom 3?

I'm really hoping Frank West, obviously, but there are a few others I'm sure will never be made characters. I'm hoping Aaron Stack/Machine Man/X-51 representing Nextwave, Green Goblin (who is 50 times better then Docter Octopus, who might make it in for some reason), M. Bison from Street Fighter (OF COURSE! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ)) and I'm also hoping for Megaman (he's their main dude!), Roll, PTX-40A (either scaled down or taking up 2 spots on his own), Chuck Greene, Blanka, Venom, Psylocke, Ka-Zar, Juggernaut, Howard the Duck (no, really), Giant Man (maybe to compete with PTX-40A), Captain Britain, and Kick-@ss.

What about you guys?

Zevox
2011-04-17, 09:26 PM
Mainly Mega Man. Any version will do - heck, I'd take Star Force if that's what they wanted to do. I'm still baffled by his absence from the starting roster, honestly.

Beyond him, well, I'd be glad to see a character or two that didn't make it back from MvC2. Venom, Cyclops, and Rogue, mainly. Though if what I saw discussed online before the release is accurate I'd also take Miss Marvel instead of Rogue, since many people were saying she'd probably play like Rogue but with different specials, which I'd be good with as well.

Going for characters I doubt will ever be chosen but who I think might be cool, Bass.exe would be nice. And... really, I kind of run out of ideas there. Guess I'm just not a big enough fan of either company to have much of a wishlist.

Zevox

AlterForm
2011-04-17, 10:02 PM
Another character from a Clover game so I can field Team Clover when I play at my friend's house. :smallbiggrin:

MoelVermillion
2011-04-17, 10:06 PM
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab170/tsythe4th/Sissel_revised_version_psd_jpgcopy.jpg

The only character I really want as MvC 3 DLC is Sissel from Ghost (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwH4ZRyN2B0) Trick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ied7wFCFM&feature=relmfu). I guess he'd be a zoning/keep away character with a large amount of inanimate object based projectiles. He would probably also have some cool looking shaders on his model to make him look more ghostly.

EDIT:

Venom,

I really wouldn't get my hopes up for that one. Spiderman already has a Venom colour scheme and would look really similar to Spidey once you start using alternate costumes on both. Having Venom in the game would probably be too visually confusing for players to ever be justifiable to put in the game.

Zevox
2011-04-17, 10:26 PM
I really wouldn't get my hopes up for that one. Spiderman already has a Venom colour scheme and would look really similar to Spidey once you start using alternate costumes on both. Having Venom in the game would probably be too visually confusing for players to ever be justifiable to put in the game.
Er, Venom's kind of significantly different looking from Spidey physically. Spidey is one of the game's smaller, leaner characters, while Venom would be rather large and muscular (assuming they use the classic version, I hear he's different now if they go for the more modern one). Not to mention all the pieces of his suit forming different things when he attacks and all, or the big mouth, sharp teeth, and hanging tongue - yeah, I don't think it'd be possible to confuse them from suit design alone.

Zevox

MoelVermillion
2011-04-17, 10:40 PM
Er, Venom's kind of significantly different looking from Spidey physically. Spidey is one of the game's smaller, leaner characters, while Venom would be rather large and muscular (assuming they use the classic version, I hear he's different now if they go for the more modern one). Not to mention all the pieces of his suit forming different things when he attacks and all, or the big mouth, sharp teeth, and hanging tongue - yeah, I don't think it'd be possible to confuse them from suit design alone.

I'll admit that they are different looking but they're over all quite similar in design. The game moves pretty fast and you sometimes don't have time to register the characters properly because of that. I've already met a few players who sometimes have trouble distinguishing between Deadpool and Spiderman in the heat of battle, throwing Venom into the mix would only make that worse.

Zevox
2011-04-17, 11:00 PM
I'll admit that they are different looking but they're over all quite similar in design.
:smallconfused: I don't follow.

I've already met a few players who sometimes have trouble distinguishing between Deadpool and Spiderman in the heat of battle
:smallconfused: Seriously? I... can't see how that works, honestly. I mean, they both wear predominantly red in their default look I guess, but other than that and being human, they don't really look alike.

Zevox

KBF
2011-04-17, 11:57 PM
:smallconfused: I don't follow.

:smallconfused: Seriously? I... can't see how that works, honestly. I mean, they both wear predominantly red in their default look I guess, but other than that and being human, they don't really look alike.

Zevox

You really can't see how two people who are defined by their red skin tight suits are mistaken for eachother? Especially with how popular Spiderman is to absolutely everyone, mostly just by his skin tight red costume, and how relatively (and absolutely) unknown Deadpool is by comparison?

When a troupe wants to be indistinguishable, they wear the same colored bodysuits. Deadpool made a poor choice when he chose his character design.

As for my ideal MvC3 DLC:
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/3715/masterchiefinhalo3.png

Zevox
2011-04-18, 12:53 AM
You really can't see how two people who are defined by their red skin tight suits are mistaken for eachother? Especially with how popular Spiderman is to absolutely everyone, mostly just by his skin tight red costume, and how relatively (and absolutely) unknown Deadpool is by comparison?
No, I can't. It's not they're wearing pure red, they both have quite distinct looks, they just both happen to have the same color as the most dominant one. Plus the way they stand, move, and fight in the game is quite distinct from each other as well. I honestly cannot see how people could get them confused. It would be like mixing up Superman and Cyclops because they both wear predominantly blue.

Zevox

KBF
2011-04-18, 01:25 AM
No, I can't. It's not they're wearing pure red, they both have quite distinct looks, they just both happen to have the same color as the most dominant one. Plus the way they stand, move, and fight in the game is quite distinct from each other as well. I honestly cannot see how people could get them confused. It would be like mixing up Superman and Cyclops because they both wear predominantly blue.

Zevox

I disagree. They have a very similar body type, drawn in nearly the same style, with the detailwork being different for each as opposed to differing characteristic features.

I mistook him for Spiderman when I first saw him popping up places I visit sometime last year. I don't know what to tell you. Without prior information or some time to figure it out, and especially without a good look, he looks like Spiderman got a slight revamp on his costume. His stance, moves and ect. are things learned in time. On first glance, the mistake is way more common than you think.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-04-18, 06:18 AM
I would have to agree that Deadpool and Spider-man do look kinda similar. This was intentional. If you read the comics, it's because Deadpool's personality is pretty much Spider-man's darker counterpart sort of. Like Spider-man if you replace the angst he gets from his tragic life to The Joker-like craziness.

I think they even explained his costume once by saying he got it from a costume store where it was on discount because somebody had custom ordered it and never picked it up, and on the costume Deadpool found a sticky note saying "Cool desgin, but I found something better -Peter Parker".

Plus, it's not a big strech of imagination that with all the light effects, hadokens, laser beams, misslies and all the other crazy stuff flying around nearly all the time that some people less familiar with Marvel comics (he's actually quite big and famous right now in the comics industry, having cameos in EVERYTHING, more monthly series then Wolverine and Spider-man combined, and has even gotten so popluar he's getting a movie all on his own in a few years, so I wouldn't exactly call him absolutely unkown. He has a MASSIVE and VOCAL fanbase, believe me) would confuse the two.

THAT BEING SAID, I really don't see Venom and Spider-man getting confused unless one wasn't paying attention and one used that exact alternate recolour of Spider-man against Venom. You'd be kinda stupid to do that, though. The easy solution? Just recolour Venom. He'll have 3 other colours of his own to choose from, and there should be a couple that are distinct enough from Spider-man. Anybody who gets easily flustered during a match because they can't distingish Venom from Spider-man pretty much has it coming. Same goes with Deadpool. If you get confused between the two of them, use a recolour. That's what they're THERE for (well, not really, but it's what they can be used for).

Airk
2011-04-19, 09:03 AM
I'm not surprised that people get Deadpool and Spider man mixed up in the huge goopfest of special effects that is the average MvC3 match either. Hell, half the time I can't even tell if I'm getting hit or not without looking at my life bar. :P

That said, the MvC2 Venom design isn't even the same SIZE as Spider Man, nor did he play anything like him, so I don't really think that'd be an obstacle. That said, I don't expect to see him either. I'd rather they went for a different franchise or something.

The Glyphstone
2011-04-19, 09:10 AM
Can I pick Deadpool and Deadpool for additional DLC, jsut to play an entire team of Deadpools?

Green-Shirt Q
2011-04-19, 03:57 PM
Can I pick Deadpool and Deadpool for additional DLC, jsut to play an entire team of Deadpools?

Yeah. Wolverine got two versions of himself in the last game back when HE was Marvel's top cash cow, so isn't it only fair that Deadpool gets another version when it's his turn?

I dunno, maybe Zombie Deadpool (or Headpool), Lady Deadpool, or Dudepeel (from the Wolverine Movie)? I honestly predicted Dudepeel would be a character in this because of BoneClaws Wolverine in the last game.

T.G. Oskar
2011-04-19, 06:53 PM
http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-03/art/bof3-ryu.jpg

This guy (the teen, not the child, although they're the same). In that exact attire.

I can't possibly care a rat's-darned buttocks about what Capcom says in that regard. Breath of Fire needs some love, more than that pathetic excuse for a game that's called Dragon Quarter. Capcom can do it; after all, nothing would be more satisfying than transforming into a huge dragon and blasting your enemy into oblivion. Besides, if MEGA MAN of all characters could enter, why not the forgotten games developed by Capcom?

No, I don't care if you say that Capcom vehemently refuses. That's pouring salt into a very obvious wound; Breath of Fire was quite awesome but Capcom hates it because they think they can't make awesome RPGs or because the Capcom execs hate RPGs with a passion. I mean, are they so afraid of Squeenix?

Triple Strike. Shadowwalk. Wind Strike as a projector-deflecting attack. Super Combo as one of the finishers. And Kaiser Breath. Really, not so hard to use a sword-based character. And they've already brought games older than BoF, not to mention games that are even more obscure (like Hayato from Star Gladiator).

So, I would only ask for this as part of the Capcom roster. Just this.

Arutema
2011-04-24, 10:11 PM
Seconding the above. So what if they've got a Ryu already? That shouldn't stop a certain god-emperor from fighting.