PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Warlock PrC Question

Alkapwn21
2011-04-17, 09:58 PM
So I just played through an evil campaign as a Warlock/Dread Necro gestalt, and we finished at level 9. In the aftermath of the campaign, we sat down and talked about what happened to our characters. My character traveled back in time and lived his life as a good person and married the love of his life. Anyway, in doing this we said that since this happened, he theoretically replaced his dread necro levels with sorcerer levels, and he eventually prestiged into Eldritch Theurge and Enlightened Spirit (both warlock PrC's found in complete Mage starting on page 59ish)

So my question is, if I were to continue playing this character (which I might in a seperate campaign based on the same storyline) how would Eldritch Blast be advanced? I would simutaneously be advancing as each class, and the Eldritch Theurge's eldritch blast is improved by saying "+1 level of existing invocation using class" under spellcasting, however, the Enlightened Spirit gains more powerful Eldritch Blast by saying "Eldritch Blast +1d6" under special. Would his blast become exponentially powerful because the enlightened spirit's improvement is from "special" and not simply and increase to spellcasting?

Thanks in advance, if this makes sense haha =]

MeeposFire
2011-04-17, 10:01 PM
Outside of the fact that the gestalt rules say not to use combo spellcasting prestige classes yes the extra dice from enlightened spirit would stack and no that is not a problem. A few extra d6s will not break anything.

Cog
2011-04-17, 10:21 PM
Class features that two classes share (such as uncanny dodge) accrue at the rate of the faster class... A gestalt character can’t combine two prestige classes at any level... Prestige classes that are essentially class combinations-such as the arcane trickster, mystic theurge, and eldritch knight-should be prohibited if you’re using gestalt classes...
So, you can't stack both progressions, and there's two reasons why the build is illegal anyway.

Alkapwn21
2011-04-18, 01:13 PM
Well my DM said I could take two PrC's at the same time, idk if it's a homebrew or if he doesn't know the rules haha and when I took a level of Eldritch Theurge he was totally fine with it. I'll have to discuss it, but thanks for the information =]