PDA

View Full Version : Effects of epic spells

Balor01
2011-04-18, 05:51 AM
My PCs came really near a conflict where several epic spellcasters were casting spells. (waging sort of rocket tag) Now I do not want to kill these silly sods, so I was instead thinking of rewarding them with spellwarped template and one trait each. Do you think this idea good? How do you think would puny lvl 1 PCs be affected by presence of epic spells? (NOT killing them.)

Feytalist
2011-04-18, 05:58 AM
Kill them. That will teach them to go where fools fear to tread.

Seriously though, spellwarped sounds good, but the whole party being spellwarped might not work out so well.

Either that or do nothing. It's not as if they drank potions marked "magichazardous materials".

Balor01
2011-04-18, 06:05 AM
Well ... ya. It is not just stupidity. They were in a sort of desperate situation. Also, they are set in a rather harsh enviroment. I am just wondering if I can, after they are spellwarped, face them with CR 4 creatures, spellwarped template being +3 LA effect.

Feytalist
2011-04-18, 06:19 AM
Oh right.

Well then, in that case, do make them all Spellwarped, and up the difficulty.

Although CR 4 against essentially a level 1 party might be a bit much.

HalfDragonCube
2011-04-18, 06:45 AM
Waging a sort of rocket tag?

With epic spell rocket tag, anything on the same battlefield country continent world plane will almost certainly be destroyed.

The idea of giving them the template is a good one, but the party might not like having +3 LA, as it would severely limit their leveling up.

Balor01
2011-04-18, 07:06 AM
Well, spellwarped gives them SR and some decent ability boosts, but they will manly face non-casters in future weeks. Do you think there is some template, that might reshape them in a proper way?

HalfDragonCube
2011-04-18, 10:10 AM
Well, spellwarped gives them SR and some decent ability boosts, but they will manly face non-casters in future weeks. Do you think there is some template, that might reshape them in a proper way?

LA is almost never worth it. It can be a real pain at higher levels. Things like ability boosts should be left to items and spellcaster PCs giving buffs.

AdalKar
2011-04-18, 11:04 AM
Maybe instead of giving them a template with a LA+3 give them each one spelltouched feat (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/spelltouchedFeats.htm) or two if you think that one wouldn't be enough. :smallsmile: