PDA

View Full Version : D&D in RL (IC)

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-18, 08:14 AM
All of you are asleep. As you sleep, you dream.
You are in a normal dream (for you) when a person approaches you and the dream dissolves into blank whiteness. This person looks just like a God (For Arthur it is Thor).
“Your world is being changed. I will not tell you why, just that it is. The rules of the game you call D&D 3.5 is being instituted into your world. As you have knowledge of these rules, you may create yourself. You are to make a Level1 Character. You may take all the time you need, use any sourcebook. When you are done you will wake up.”
With that the god disappears and you are surrounded by a stack of sourcebooks and you get to work.
The instant you are done making the Sheet, a loud noise wakes you.
*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*
And you find yourself in your bed with an alarm next to you beeping.

Under the alarm is a Character Sheet. YOUR Character Sheet.

Drewski
2011-04-18, 06:45 PM
Vin bolts straight up "Whoa, what a crazy dream... who knew Yoda could speak in straight sentences?"He glances to the clock. "Wait when did I get a clock? I always use my cell phone." He sees the sheet with HIS name on it. "What the ****! This must be something the guys are playing on me... but how did they get my dream to happen like that? This is insane I'm calling up Arthur." Vin grabs his phone and quickly dials Arthur's number. While he waits for him to answer he quickly gathers all the Dnd splat-books he'll need set himself off right. He also heads to his laptop, better download as many of the dnd character build handbooks and illegally uploaded splat-books to his computer just in case the world goes to hell.

Mysterious_A
2011-04-18, 08:30 PM
OOC: First post I'll do in first person, rest will be third as usual.

Arthur, Cleric of Thor

I wake up to a blinding white light. Weird, of course. What in my room could even light up so bright? My eyes refuse to open for a momen and my mind feels lethargic, my thoughts wobbling around in pointless circles, never quite reaching any conclusion...

Maybe if I just open my eyes a little bit more...

The brightness seems to respond to this, as it dies down a bit during my attempt. I try to see what's in front of me, but it's all hazy and confusing. What was going on? Was I even in my room anymore?

I make an effort to see, I squint and identify color in the whiteness. Grey and light brown with touches of red and blue... the formless forms compenetrate further and I think I can almost see...

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!

I try to close my eyes back but they don't respond. My previously lethargic mind races to make sense of what I just saw, of the fur-clad warrior holding a hammer...

Suddenly Thor cuts my "freaking-out" time short. "Arthur Dowler.", says the huge nordic deity with a tone that seems to shake even the nothingness all around.

Yep. I've officially gone insane, it seems. Guess it was a long time coming, but I never would have thought insanity to be so...um, well bat-freaking crazy?

"You are not insane, Arthur Dowler.", interrupts me again the god of hitting things with hammers, "And you know exactly what's going on."

I can't help but respond to my schizophrenia-made deity. "I, um...do?"

"I do believe so. What do you think is happening?"

"Well...you're Thor.", I say cleverly.

"Right.", he responds.

"And you're visiting me in my dreams, so...", I fish hard for the most probable answer, "...you're pissed off at the new movie and want me to stop the production?"

... (cue in more uncomfortable silence)

Thor open his mouth as if to speak. At this point I'm thinking he's about to smite me. What happens, though is quite different...

... Thor laughs.

Lightning erupts all around the light in bouncy displays. It don't hurt me, though, as the deity's disposition is not one such. The lightning is playful, sparking up from place to place as the protector deity of mankind lets out a lighthearted laugh.

Thor drops his ominous earth-shaking tone, now addressing me plainly. "Partly true, yes, but not the reason I came to you.", he continues, "Your world, Arthur Dowler... to put it simply, it is changing..."

He doesn't wait for a reaction. "I am direct product of that change, and you will be affected by it."

Thor continues still. "I cannot explain to you everything, but a lot of things you will figure out for yourself. I stand by my previous assumption...you know everything you need to know already, my cleric..."

I try to speak now, to ask what the big glowing deity means, but I feel leathargic again. I can barely get out a thought, much less a sentence...

Thor looks at me with eyes that make me feel threatened, but then an instant later protected. He looks eternally concerned, but also eternally content, eternally laughing...

"We will speak again soon, Arthur. After you understand your mission.", he almost grins, "Now if you'll excuse me, though, there's a certain giant snake I need to find. Good luck out there, Arthur Dowler, cleric of Thor..."
Cleric of Thor....

Cleric of Thor...

of Thor...

Thor...

... Thursday.

I wake up in my bed. I am fully rested, although it doesn't seem to be late. At all.

I get up and try to catch my bearings. Before I can do that, though, I spot something in the nightstand: a character sheet. My character sheet.

And suddenly my cell phone rings from under me (must have slept on top of it)...

Mysterious_A
2011-04-18, 08:40 PM
Arthur Dowler picks up the phone. "Vin?"

Drewski
2011-04-18, 08:48 PM
Vin sighs in relief as Arthur starts to talk, "Arthur please tell me I'm insane and the dream I just had of Yoda telling me the world was changing was just a weird dream. I just woke up and found a clock on my dresser and a character sheet with MY name on it. This is freaking me out."

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-18, 09:00 PM
Arthur: In the distance you hear police sirens, suddenly they cut off however, as if something had destroyed them mid-siren.

Mysterious_A
2011-04-18, 09:01 PM
Arthur moves closer to the character sheet, picking it up. "Wait...so it's happened to you too? I just had a dream exactly the same, minus one master jedi, and now I'm looking at a sheet from D&D with my name on it!", he pauses for thought, "There's something very strange going on, Vin... we need to meet up and try to figure this out."

Mysterious_A
2011-04-18, 09:05 PM
Arthur listens to the siren being cut off, concerned. Phone still in hand and waiting for Vin's response, he walks over to the window to see what it was all about.

Drewski
2011-04-18, 09:07 PM
"Come to my apartment. Bring the sheet, bring your splatbooks, bring your laptop. Sprint over here. I've downloading every book I can to my laptop just incase something goes crazy. Oh and on the way over here check to see if the movement rules are in effect, maybe you'll be able to charge"

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-18, 09:08 PM
You can't see anything out the window except a man running in the direction the siren came from.

Mysterious_A
2011-04-18, 09:21 PM
Arthur frowns at the running man, then backing away from the window to gather his stuff. "Yeah, alright..."

He dresses quickly, picking up his laptop and his books on his way to the door. "I'll be there in about 10 minutes... I think."

Yup, unsettling thoughts. If the whole town was as crazy as he felt right now, nothing was sure. As Arthur thinks on that, though, he sees something by the door...

It was an old sledgehammer that had been in the apartment ever since he moved in. A left-over from construction, he thought...

Arthur Dowler remembers once more the big glowing figure that was Thor, and the hammer by his side. And as he leaves he is compelled to pick up the hammer.

He does and he locks up behind him. "Wish me luck.", he finishes the call, sliding the phone back into his pocket. And he leaves for Vin's apartment, or so he hopes...

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-04-19, 05:03 AM
Devon

Waking up a bit latter in the day Devon rolls over to silence that annoying alarm, knocking over a few empty bottles, he grabs his Ipod. Looking at the sheet, " Wild dream, was I so drunk last night I played D&D and don't remember it? Must a been. Well what ever."

He folds up the sheet and sticks it in his bag grabs his skateboard, and hits the street.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-19, 05:21 AM
Your skateboard seems to be moving at a different pace than normal, not much but enough for you to notice.

Drewski
2011-04-19, 07:47 AM
After hanging up with Arthur Vin quickie dials another number, "Tarqi?"

havocfett
2011-04-19, 09:37 PM
Tariq grabbed the phone as he looked over his character sheet. He fumbled for a moment and then answered, "Vin? You will never believe what just happened."

Drewski
2011-04-19, 09:56 PM
"Yes, I will. You had some strange dream, then found a character sheet. Me and Arthur just had the same thing happen. He is coming over to my place so we can try and figure it out. Why don't you come too?"

havocfett
2011-04-19, 11:24 PM
"Well, thank you for utterly ruining by dramatic reveal. You'll need to give me a minute, sheet says I've got a morningstar somewhere in the house, and if other people got in on this I'm grabbing my PI gear. And Synth, I'm evidently a bard and cleric now," said Tariq as he scrambled to get ready, "What'd you go for?"

Drewski
2011-04-24, 09:35 PM
"I went with Pys Warrior/ Ardent, I'm gonna be a jedi! Might as well make my childhood fantasy a reality."
(OCC whoops didn't realize I was the hold up.)

havocfett
2011-04-25, 12:33 AM
"I-

I'm somehow not surprised. You probably did a better optimization job than me, only thing I've got going for me was being a cleric. I did not think my strength score would be that low," said Vasic as he slung the last of his things over his shoulder and ran for the door of his apartment, "I've finished packing, on my way now."

Equipment on hand

Synthesizer (Slung on back)
Pistol (Holstered)
Morningstar (Hanging off of waist)
Tac Vest (Worn)
Keys (Wallet
Cell Phone (Pocket)
Ammunition (Tac Vest)

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-27, 11:27 PM
Outside, everything is surprisingly normal. Nothing looked out-of-place or anything.
A page of newspaper blew down the street

havocfett
2011-05-03, 01:19 AM
"Huh, nothing's gone wrong yet," muttered Tariq, "Still, better move while it lasts."

He put his gear into his car and drove for Vin's house.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-05-03, 10:46 PM
As you drive you start seeing strange sights, people walking around in Full Plate or Robes, you even think you saw a Magic Missile down an alley but it was to fast to make sure. Nonetheless as you drive you are relatively unhindered, although turning seems more odd and driving is more jumpy than before, as if everything is happening in 6 second frames

Drewski
2011-05-04, 06:17 AM
(havoc we're meeting at my house :smalltongue: )
After Vin downloads all the splat books he attempts to alter his character sheet. He puts down "rope" in the item section.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-05-04, 06:33 AM
A rope appears tied to the roof, unfortunately the other end is around your neck and is about 5' short of the floor. You are suddenly being hung from your neck by the rope you tried to cheat your way into existence
You see a single HP deduct itself from your sheet as well as the rope from your inventory. The noose vanishes and you fall to the floor.
On the sheet where your race used to be is the following "Warned"

Drewski only:
You are now of the race Warned. It has no other effects than Human but appears to be a stepping-stone to more extreme punishments.
You also take 1 Damage.

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-05-09, 05:58 PM
After spacing out for bit Devon, realized his board was traveling faster than it should. Popping the deck up he checks the trucks and bearings. Figuring that it was his imagintation he goes back to what he had set out to, tagging an old billboard on the south side of town.

He starts to climb the ladder.

[roll0]