PDA

View Full Version : Savage Progressions for Troll?

SlyVenom
2011-04-18, 01:41 PM
I couldn't find any information on this, but I am assuming it can be done. If anyone could help point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

TheGeckoKing
2011-04-18, 02:37 PM
I think you'll find this satisfactory. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10262043&postcount=191)

SlyVenom
2011-04-18, 04:31 PM
Thanks! I will run this by a few of my DMs and see what they think. Might have to adjust it a bit, but we thought it would be funny to have a "cultured" troll complete with monocle of see invisibility and a Cockney accent.

TheGeckoKing
2011-04-18, 04:51 PM
Oh, I would very much like to see that. Perhaps he's so posh he wouldn't dream of violence (far too messy), and so just soaks up blows with his regen instead.

IthroZada
2011-04-18, 04:55 PM
Beyond that link, which looks homebrew, there is a progression on page 199 of Savage Species.

SlyVenom
2011-04-22, 02:31 PM
Here is the character:

Name: Jackal the Hydra
AKA : Apothecary Jackal, Gentleman Hydra, Jackal The Render
Race: Troll
Alignment: N
Deity: Ilmater
Class/Level: Troll/10
Str: 32 (30 + 2 Guantlets of Ogre Strength)
Dex: 20
Con: 28
Int: 12
Wis: 17 (13 + 4 Periapt of Wisdom)
Cha: 6 (Need to work on this)
HP: 74
Skills: listen 9 ranks, spot 8 ranks, profession apothecary 1 rank
Feats: Iron Will, Multiattack, Detach
Languages: Common & Giant
Possesions: Hat of disguise, Monocle of see invisibility, Vestment of many styles, periapt of wisdom +4, Bracers of Armor +5, Ring of protection +1, +1 great club, Gauntlets of Ogre strength +2

Half done backstory idea:
Jackal was raised as a human most of his life, when his adopted father told him the secret, he set off to find out what being a troll was all about. He found trolls a distasteful lot and decided to keep being "human".
As a "gentleman" troll, he prefers to disguise himself as a human and is not prone to violent outbursts unless he feels threatened.

*EDIT*
Changed his alignment to N
Need to replace the gauntlets with a belt, but the gauntlets were in group loot. The reason for this is so he can Detach without having to worry about losing a gauntlet.

TroubleBrewing
2011-04-22, 02:44 PM
I would argue that he isn't CN, then. But alignment discussions tend to get messy. Perhaps N, or even LN if you REALLY want to confuse people?

SlyVenom
2011-04-22, 03:21 PM
I could see N, that would forgive his occasional rending outbursts.

TroubleBrewing
2011-04-22, 03:26 PM
I saw a really good explanation for True Neutral on these forums somewhere, lemme see if I can find it. I never really understood it before I read that breakdown.

The build looks good, otherwise. I'm going to see if I can get a GM of mine to allow that progression in a game we're starting.

SlyVenom
2011-04-22, 04:01 PM
He is no powerhouse, nor is he a game breaking build. However he is good at holding down powerful villains while the main powerhouses lay into them.