PDA

View Full Version : Battle time!!! (Helms)

Moranica
2011-04-18, 01:57 PM
Background music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MsynqXqQFc&feature=related)

Rickey sends out Combee!

"Since I challenged you, you may choose whether to attack first or not."

OOC: that's just calling out the attacks. Actual attacks are determined by speed of course.

bluekirbydude
2011-04-18, 02:42 PM
Alright, I'll go first.

Turning to his duo:

Seamus, you're up. Get close enough to use Water Gun.

Moranica
2011-04-19, 07:45 AM
"Combee, try and dodge that attack and use sweet scent!"

Moranica
2011-04-19, 07:54 AM
Combee shoots forward towards the waiting mudkip. As it gets close it shakes and small puffs of scented dust fly all around her. [roll0] vs. 2. The mudkip is hit and now has a sweet smell to it. The mudkip then releases a stream of water from it's mouth, hitting the combee in mid-air. [roll1] vs. 2; [roll2]

Combee [|||---]

Seamus [||||]

bluekirbydude
2011-04-19, 12:04 PM
Right on, Seamus! Keep it up! Get close and use another Water Gun!

Turning to Pint, Helms adds:

Hang on, Pint. I don't want you taking too much damage from the Combee's Gust; it'll be super effective against you.

Pint smiles in agreement, letting out a chipper "Pineco!" before adopting a more calm demeanor.

Moranica
2011-04-19, 12:25 PM
"Ouch, that was a hard hit! Combee, time to show them you can sting as well. Use Bug Bite!"

Moranica
2011-04-19, 12:29 PM
Again Combee is the faster one. It homes in on the now sweet smelling mudkip and stings it. [roll0] vs. 1; [roll1]. While the mudkip got hit quite hard, it does manage to launch a stream of water at its opponent. [roll2] vs. 2; [roll3]

Combee [|-----]

Seamus [35/44]

bluekirbydude
2011-04-19, 02:00 PM
Almost there, Seamus! Use Water Gun!

Moranica
2011-04-19, 05:05 PM
"Nice hit, now it's time for a gust attack!"

Moranica
2011-04-19, 05:09 PM
The combee increases the speed at which it's flapping its wings and the resulting wave of air hits Seamus. [roll0] vs. 1; [roll1] The water pokemon counters with a good solid water gun attack. [roll2] vs. 2 [roll3] which knocks out the combee.

Combee [------]

Seamus [19/44]

Moranica
2011-04-19, 05:11 PM
"Return Combee, you fought well! Tyrogue, you're up!!"

bluekirbydude
2011-04-19, 05:43 PM
With a small fist pump, Helms returns Seamus to his pokeball.

Good job, Seamus!

Helms shifts his attention back to the field of battle.

Alright Pint, you're up. When you can, Pint, attack with a Bug Bite!

Moranica
2011-04-22, 09:13 AM
"Watch out, Tyrogue! Use Fake Out to prevent that attack from going through."

Moranica
2011-04-22, 09:35 AM
The battle has just started, but the Tyrogue already races across the grass at it's opponent. Before the pineco can react it launches a Fake Out attack, hitting his opponent. [roll0]; [roll1]

Pint flinches!

Tyrogue [||||]

Pint [47/52]

bluekirbydude
2011-04-24, 08:45 PM
Don't worry, Pint! Hit that Tyrogue back with a tackle!

Moranica
2011-04-26, 08:47 AM
"You use Tackle too, Tyrogue!!"

Moranica
2011-04-26, 09:59 AM
Both pokemon storm across the grass and collide with eachother. (Tyrogue) [roll0] ; [roll1] (Pine) [roll2]; [roll3]. They collide with eachother and either pokemon takes substancial damage.

Tyrogue [||--]

Pint [32/52]

bluekirbydude
2011-04-26, 01:09 PM
Pint, you're doing great! Hit that Tyrogue with another Tackle!

Moranica
2011-04-28, 04:42 PM
"Tyrogue, you too!!"

Moranica
2011-04-28, 04:44 PM
Again the two pokemon charge eachother and hit.

Tyrogue [roll0]; [roll1]
Pine [roll2]; [roll3]

Tyrogue [|---]

Pint [12/52]

bluekirbydude
2011-04-28, 04:54 PM
Pint, you are doing great! I know you're tired, but give that Tyrogue one more tackle.

Moranica
2011-04-29, 03:49 AM
"Tyrogue, make sure you get him as well!!"

Moranica
2011-04-29, 03:55 AM
Both pokemon look severely weakened, yet they hang in there with strong determination. They realize this will settle the fight between them. Suddenly the Tyrogue moves to the left and charges at the Pineco. Quickly the pineco responds by facing it and starting a charge of his own.

The Tyrogue's attack looks to be the stronger one, but just before they hit he trips and looses his balance. With a loud bang the two collide, having thrown their last remaining energy in this move. Lots of dust is thrown into the air from the huge release of energy. When the dust settles only the pineco remains standing over the tyrogue. The Tyrogue must have put to much energy into it and got blinded by it's intensity.

Tyrogue [roll0]; [roll1]
Pine [roll2]; [roll3]

Moranica
2011-04-29, 04:55 AM
Rickey looks flabbergasted as the pineco comes out victorious. He just stands there for a bit.

Then, suddenly he seems to regain his composure and he sprints to his tyrogue.

"That was an awesome battle Tyrogue. It was really close and you gave it your all. Go and rest now." he says as he returns the pokemon.

Quickly he approaches Helms, having a big smile on his face.

"Wow, that was a great battle. I thought my pokemon were more experienced, but you still got a double win. I am very impressed with your skills and have learned a lot from this. A lot more training needs to be done before I can go to the gym and challenge it. Thanks again and good luck with any further battling!!"

Seamus has gained xp!! (now lvl 13)
Pine has gained xp!! (now lvl 14)
You also get another minor purchase from the winnings.

bluekirbydude
2011-04-29, 10:52 AM
Helms watches on, pokeball twirling ever faster in his hand as the two pokemon approach each other. He suddenly lets out with a gasp when he sees the Tyrogue trip, dropping the pokeball from his hand. Dust is flung into the air and all Helms can do is stare on in quiet anticipation. When the field clears, Helms shoves both arms towards the sky, fists clenched in victory. With a whoop and holler, Helms runs out to return his pokemon and to greet his opponent.

Pint, you were amazing out there! Great job! Now, return to your ball for some rest.

Helms takes Pint back into his ball for some well earned rest. He turns towards Rickey as he begins to speak. Once done, Helms replies:

Rickey, that was an impressive battle. Your pokemon are very well trained! Good luck with your future endeavors as a trainer.

Helms extends his hand out for a hand-shake.

Before you go, I'm doing research on battling for my college thesis. Would you mind sharing a few tricks/strategies that you have learned and make use of during your training and battling?

Moranica
2011-04-29, 05:31 PM
"I haven't got many special tricks, but one thing is this. When I know what kind of pokemon I'm fighting, I save any moves that causes opponents to flinch for super effective moves or when the balance needs tipping."