PDA

View Full Version : min/max Ghost Siren

Rosarius
2011-04-18, 03:38 PM
Hey guys,

I'm new to DD character optimization, I only did some odd stuff like Disciple of Dispater/Warblade or Feral Lolth-Touched Half-Minotaur Water Orc...

This time, I wanted to create something deadly and subtle. Here's my character, what could I change to make it even better? I used the ghost template (savage progressions).

Human (2 flaws)

Ghost 1 Ability Focus (Frightful Moan), Sudden Ability (Frightful Moan), Ghostly Grasp, Improved Turning Resistance
Ghost 2
Ghost 3 Quicken Manifestation
Bard 1
Bard 2
Hexblade 1 Daunting Presence
Hexblade 2
Hexblade 3
Paladin of Slaughter 1 Baleful Moan
Paladin of Slaughter 2
Siren 1 Reverberation
Siren 2 Doomspeak
Siren 3
Siren 4
Siren 5 OPEN :smallannoyed:
Siren 6
Siren 7
Siren 8 OPEN :smallannoyed:
Siren 9
Siren 10

Initial Cha : 18 + 6 (item) + 5 (lvl) + 2 (Ghost) + 5 (Siren) = 36 (+13)
DC : 12 + 10 (class lvl) + 13 (Cha) + 8 (Feats) = 43
Now, with a Belt of Battle, I can use Doomspeak and an ability in the same round (two standard actions).

So... They must make a 53 Save to avoid being killed. And of course, with Quicken Manifestation, I pretty much always have the initiative.

And I have some very good saves (Divine Grace gives me +13).

What feats should I take? Any good idea to improve this character?

Excuse my english, I'm from Switzerland ;)

Rosarius
2011-04-18, 05:48 PM
Forgot to say that Ghost 3 gives me rejuvenation, which allows me to come back and fight again 2d4 days later.

Jack_Simth
2011-04-18, 05:53 PM
Get Flyby Attack (Monster Manual): Goes really, really well with Incorporeality (Combat Starts: do something, dive underground, move a ways. Next round: Pop up, do something, dive back underground. They need a readied action to do anything about you...). Also, pick up a Ring of X-Ray Vision to navigate(no Con score, so you don't suffer the drawback, but you'd be immune to it anyway on two different counts - it lets you hang out underground while traveling with your companions, so you're covered if you don't win initiative). And check with your DM about getting incorporeal gear - you can probably pull it off with the Dimensional Reach reserve feat (Complete Mage), but that requires you have 3rd level spell access.

Rosarius
2011-04-18, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I thought of Flyby Attack, but I don't think it's very good in my build. It's awesome in Drainer of Mole builds, is it really optimal in mine?

And oh, a noob question : Savage Progressions says "A creature that successfully saves against the moan cannot be affected by the same ghost's moan for 24 hours". Is it also the case for Siren abilities?

For example, I use Frightful Moan with Song of Death, and my opponent saves it. Now, can I expect to kill him with Frightful Moan along with Song of Stone or any other Song?
I can use Song of Nightmare 10 times per day, it would be nice to be able to use it till my opponent is dead if he saves the first ones.

Lateral
2011-04-18, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I thought of Flyby Attack, but I don't think it's very good in my build. It's awesome in Drainer of Mole builds, is it really optimal in mine?

It's a nice backup trick, and you've got a couple of open feats. No reason not to unless you have a better use of 'em.