PDA

View Full Version : The most stupid thing ever (Planar Shepherd)

Rosarius
2011-04-18, 04:39 PM
Hey guys,

There's a stupid thing I thought about last day.

Dal Quoar gives me 10 rounds of action for every round those outside the bubble have.

Now, take a reach weapon (Guisarme, for example).

Impact kinetic energy : 1/2mv^2 (according to wikipedia : When vehicles collide, the damage is proportionate to the relative velocity of the vehicles, the damage increasing as the square of the velocity since it is the impact kinetic energy (1/2 mv2) which is the variable of importance).

So, everything I hit outside the bubble with my Guisarme will take damages *100 !

Excuse my english and my bad knowledge of physics!

Keld Denar
2011-04-18, 04:40 PM
Oh, the catgirls...those poor poor catgirls!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/xuincherguixe/canthas.jpg

grarrrg
2011-04-18, 05:09 PM
Dal Quoar gives me 10 rounds of action for every round those outside the bubble have.
Now, take a reach weapon (Guisarme, for example).
...blah,blah...
So, everything I hit outside the bubble with my Guisarme will take damages *100 !

If you REALLY want to try to apply physics, then think about what happens when the end of your Guisarme exits the bubble and re-enters normal speed/time.

Is the bubbles edge 'sharp' with a distinct dividing line?
Or is it flexible? And if so, HOW flexible is it?

If there is a distinct edge, then you'll wind up doing more damage to your weapon than anything else.

If it's REALLY flexible and "bends" out with the end of the weapon, then the bubble will touch the targets body a fraction of a second before the weapon, speeding it up to the same speed/time as the weapon and negating any potential bonus.

If the bubble is semi-flexible, the most likely result is that the end of your weapon would move as if stuck in thick mud/molassas. Your weapon would slow down, not fast enough to break, and not slow enough to stop dead. Think corn-starch mixture (i.e. non-newtonian fluid).

Long story short: PHYSICS AND D&D DO NOT MIX

Rosarius
2011-04-18, 05:31 PM
Long story short: PHYSICS AND D&D DO NOT MIX

Agreed :D Just wanted to say that Planar Shepherd is stupid... How about chosing a cold plane? Everything dies if they enter the bubble (flashfreeze).

Nevermind, that Prc is banned pretty much everywhere I play :p

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-04-18, 10:13 PM
I love this board. This should be stickied along with the (rotating) monk thread of the w