PDA

View Full Version : 1st level feat - Favored Soul

Strife Warzeal
2011-04-18, 09:29 PM
I just started a campaign and I am having trouble picking a feat for level 1.

The character in question is a cleric, favored soul focusing in buffs to be precise, and I just can't figure out what to give him. This is in a solo campaign if that effects anything.

Nearly any source is allowed excluding things like dragon mag, homebrew, and obscure source books.

jguy
2011-04-18, 09:33 PM
Improved Initiative since going second might get you killed.

Thurbane
2011-04-18, 09:34 PM
I just started a campaign and I am having trouble picking a feat for level 1.

The character in question is a cleric, favored soul focusing in buffs to be precise, and I just can't figure out what to give him. This is in a solo campaign if that effects anything.

Nearly any source is allowed excluding things like dragon mag, homebrew, and obscure source books.
Uh, is he a Cleric, or a Favored Soul? Or multiclassed?

Assuming it's a Favored Soul, you might want to look here for some suggestions:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152070

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174133

Strife Warzeal
2011-04-18, 09:35 PM
Improved Initiative since going second might get you killed.

That was my initial thought since the building of the character ended with a low dex mod so the +4 would greatly help.

Greenish
2011-04-19, 05:48 AM
Dynamic Priest for SADness?

Cog
2011-04-19, 07:25 AM
Dynamic Priest for SADness?
Between all the buffs and no-save spells on the Cleric list you should be fine without it, but from what I remember, Dynamic doesn't change the save DC stat anyway.

Groups define "obscure" very differently. If you have Ravenloft, Knight of the Raven is good for martially-minded Favored Souls, getting access to TU among other things. It doesn't require any feats, but if you want to use TU for Divine Metamagic, you can pick up the metamagic feat now; alternatively, if you want TU so you can dip Prestige Paladin to take advantage of your likely amazing Cha, grab Mounted Combat to qualify.

Kuulvheysoon
2011-04-19, 05:08 PM
If setting-specific materials are allowed, try and nab Spellcasting Prodigy (your class).

An effective +2 to your casting stat determining spells per day? Yes please!

Strife Warzeal
2011-04-19, 05:37 PM
If setting-specific materials are allowed, try and nab Spellcasting Prodigy (your class).

An effective +2 to your casting stat determining spells per day? Yes please!

Most likely, I would have to check.

Which setting is it in? And by +2 does it mean a 1st level has spells per day as a 3rd level? How would that work for a spontaneous caster?

Kuulvheysoon
2011-04-19, 05:43 PM
Most likely, I would have to check.

Which setting is it in? And by +2 does it mean a 1st level has spells per day as a 3rd level? How would that work for a spontaneous caster?

It's a Forgotten Realms feat from Shining South Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.

For the purpose of determining bonus spells, your casting attribute is treated as two higher (eg. Your wizard has an intelligence of 18. You take SP(wizard), and then you determine bonus spells as if you had an intelligence of 20). It's treated the same way for both spontaneous and prepared casters.

Strife Warzeal
2011-04-19, 05:47 PM
It's a Forgotten Realms feat from Shining South, I believe.

For the purpose of determining bonus spells, your casting attribute is treated as two higher (eg. Your wizard has an intelligence of 18. You take SP(wizard), and then you determine bonus spells as if you had an intelligence of 20). It's treated the same way for both spontaneous and prepared casters.

Thanks, and OH GOD! That is even better, because of one of the houserules.