PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a feat.

Draconi Redfir
2011-04-18, 10:55 PM
By any chance is there a feat or something in 3.5/pathfinder that would allow me to make a reflex roll to dodge an attack as opposed to relying on my AC? preferably allowing me to use whichever is higher.

Just wondering.

JollyChris
2011-04-20, 07:34 AM
Well the rouges defensive roll is the closest i can think of. But that only lets you avoid a lethal blow and you'd have to be a level 10 rogue before you can pick it. Sorry i can't be more help.

Tyndmyr
2011-04-20, 08:19 AM
By any chance is there a feat or something in 3.5/pathfinder that would allow me to make a reflex roll to dodge an attack as opposed to relying on my AC? preferably allowing me to use whichever is higher.

Just wondering.

In general, this is not how defenses work, for the simple reason that it adds an additional roll to every attack roll in combat. It slows melee combat down significantly. There is a variant system that works somewhat like this in UA, but it's not going to be of any help for what you're trying to do here.

In general, AC, miss chance, cover, things like that are what you want for defensive options.

Kylarra
2011-04-20, 08:44 AM
If your RL charisma is high, you might be able to convince your DM to allow starmantle cloak (BoED) + evasion to work, but I'm fairly sure your DM won't allow you to evade attacks by simply making a DC15 reflex save.