PDA

View Full Version : Fudge the police.

krossbow
2011-04-19, 12:33 AM
Am i the only one that thinks thog saying this would be the best choice for another OotS t-shirt? :smallbiggrin:

Bad Hair Day
2011-04-19, 12:39 AM
That's up there.

Is there anyone willing to put any money on the possibility of Thog winning the fight, fare and square?

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-19, 12:39 AM
Not. At. All.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-19, 12:42 AM
Is there anyone willing to put any money on the possibility of Thog winning the fight, fare and square?

While he and Roy were even in the Dungeon of Dorukan, and in fact Roy might have outfought him, it took a combination of Roy and Haley to subdue Thog the second time, and Roy took all the damage in that fight.

So to be honest, I have no idea.

ThePhantasm
2011-04-19, 01:38 AM
It'd be a great idea for a shirt that would get you arrested. . .

I don't think its very high on my list of "quotes to be made into OOTS t-shirts" at all.

thubby
2011-04-19, 01:43 AM
an unequipped barbarian is stronger than an unequipped fighter, so i wouldnt be surprised at all.

JonestheSpy
2011-04-19, 01:44 AM
While he and Roy were even in the Dungeon of Dorukan, and in fact Roy might have outfought him, it took a combination of Roy and Haley to subdue Thog the second time, and Roy took all the damage in that fight.

The nitpicky urge in my psyche compels me to point out that we have no reason to believe Roy needed Haley help to beat Thog in Cliffport. The two of them took Thog down to stop him from killing more cops ASAP - I mean rationally, why wouldn't Haley help Roy?

Eyeless_Blond
2011-04-19, 01:53 AM
an unequipped barbarian is stronger than an unequipped fighter, so i wouldnt be surprised at all.

But it's a fighter wielding his favored weapon, so it may be more even than that.

The problem of course lies in the fact that 3.5E Fighters sucked past level 4 compared to just about every other class out there (with a few notable exceptions, such as a spellbook-less wizard or a Samurai). Really the only ace in the hole Roy might have is that secret technique his dad taught him, which might be a custom feat or something.

Goonthegoof
2011-04-19, 03:50 AM
It's an anti spellcasting feat, which I somehow doubt will help him here.

The Pilgrim
2011-04-19, 05:05 AM

It depends what country you live on.

I'd wear such a shirt with no problem.

Katana_Geldar
2011-04-19, 06:57 AM
Sexy Shoeless God of War shirt got one of my friends into trouble. He was told it was advocating violence.

Tanngrisnir
2011-04-19, 07:07 AM

I don't think its very high on my list of "quotes to be made into OOTS t-shirts" at all.

Your laws are far too harsh if something like that would get you arrested. But I don't think it would be a good shirt either, I don't like Thog.

Sexy Shoeless God of War shirt got one of my friends into trouble. He was told it was advocating violence.

In Australia? Really?

Grogmir
2011-04-19, 07:43 AM
Thought it was a great line. And would make a decent T Shirt. No problem wearing it in the UK.

I have a "Criminals" Tshirt - that you have to look very hard to see the Fun Lovin' part.

"Sexy Shoeless God Of War"? thats madness. I hope you pointed out it was a Friggin' CARTOON! How much real looking violence is there on TV?

Swordpriest
2011-04-19, 08:28 AM
If someone gave me a hard time about wearing a "Sexy Shoeless God of War" t-shirt because it "advocated violence" (oh, give me a break), then I'd make a point of wearing nothing but t-shirts with skulls, tanks, guns, and anything else warlike when I knew I was going to be around them. :smallwink:

Solaris
2011-04-19, 08:49 AM

Kinda reminds me of the time I got in trouble for being rude to someone I outranked. They didn't like it when I pointed out my job was to kill people and break things.

Orzel
2011-04-19, 08:51 AM
I personally want a doggie shirt with the word PEEVE and Thog's face on it.

Poppy Appletree
2011-04-19, 09:12 AM
Kinda reminds me of the time I got in trouble for being rude to someone I outranked. They didn't like it when I pointed out my job was to kill people and break things.

So...you're a fighter? What level are you?

Heksefatter
2011-04-19, 09:42 AM

I am with you there. That said, getting arrested for wearing an OotS-quoting T-shirt has a strange charm to it.

Killer Angel
2011-04-19, 10:17 AM

It could be, 'specially if it serves as a device to force the Order into action.

Toper
2011-04-19, 12:57 PM
Yeah, this one would probably be misinterpreted by non-fans of the comic, i.e., almost everyone.

(Not that I can buy OOTS T-shirts anyway, since the "small" size is shown fitting a model who's six inches taller than me. Boo.)

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-19, 01:32 PM
It's an anti spellcasting feat, which I somehow doubt will help him here.

It's a feat that involves sticking your sword through someone's chest.

Although it might be that one that denies defensive casting...

Dvandemon
2011-04-19, 01:38 PM
Yeah, this one would probably be misinterpreted by non-fans of the comic, i.e., almost everyone.

(Not that I can buy OOTS T-shirts anyway, since the "small" size is shown fitting a model who's six inches taller than me. Boo.)

Misinterpreted how? It's pretty obvious what it intends and really (at least where I'm from) shouldn't bring any trouble since people wear worse (It's also a pretty common saying around here).

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-19, 01:41 PM
Oh, yeah, regarding the whole "getting into trouble" thing, unless you live in a totalitarian fascist nation or something, you're not going to get in trouble. Unless you still live with your parents.

Forum Explorer
2011-04-19, 02:28 PM
Oh, yeah, regarding the whole "getting into trouble" thing, unless you live in a totalitarian fascist nation

Or go to school. But same thing really. :smalltongue:

Mikeavelli
2011-04-19, 06:08 PM
Yeah, even "**** The Police" T-shirts won't get you arrested in the States unless you're in school, or the cop is having a bad day and can find something else to arrest you for.

Prowl
2011-04-20, 03:09 PM
It depends what country you live on.

I'd wear such a shirt with no problem.

If you live in a free country you should be fine.

If you live in the United States, however, I wouldn't chance it.

Thalnawr
2011-04-20, 04:21 PM

Compare Roy's wounds very carefully in the panels he's in on 362 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0362.html) to those in 363 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0363.html). There doesn't seem to be that much difference, so all those wounds were taken when he fought Sabine or Leeky earlier. It may have taken a combination of both to subdue him, but he also didn't seem to take any damage from their fight.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-20, 04:24 PM
Compare Roy's wounds very carefully in the panels he's in on 362 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0362.html) to those in 363 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0363.html). There doesn't seem to be that much difference, so all those wounds were taken when he fought Sabine or Leeky earlier. It may have taken a combination of both to subdue him, but he also didn't seem to take any damage from their fight.

Huh, yeah.

Okay, Roy's probably gonna kick Thog's ass.

Thalnawr
2011-04-20, 04:35 PM
Huh, yeah.

Okay, Roy's probably gonna kick Thog's ass.
Not necessarily. Thog wasn't showing any wounds before and after, either. He could have been instructed by Nale to give up as soon as enough of the Order was there. If they did exchange blows there, it's possible that Roy or Haley tripped him off panel and he gave up after that. (realistically Roy due to Strength and available feats)