PDA

View Full Version : DH: The Calixis Run (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-19, 12:55 AM
Aboard the Ironheart:

The officers of the ship are assembled; Captain Siamat; a tall man, gaunt with the passage of years (more than 300 if the rumors are true) his body withered away his hair thin and white. but, his eyes burn with a fierce bright intelligence that belies his age.

Magos Kirenik, voice of the ship. his body is well proportioned with only a few odd bulges here and there along his back and arms. his facial augments resemble an elaborate mask bisecting his face but leaving his strong eagle nose untouched. his robe and hands are stained with grease and machine oil, he looks like he has just come from his endless repairs to the great ship.

Colonel Greer, commander of the 253rd Armageddon steel legion. he has a narrow face, sharp eyes and a whiplike strength to him. he smokes an expensive Iho Stick impatiently looking like he is not the kind of man who is used to being kept waiting. a saber and bolt pistol hang at his waist.

A fourth man stands out against his counterparts. he wears exotic armor that looks almost organic, it almost flows around his limbs when he moves. a long thin blade is strapped to his back, along with a lascarbine. a hand flamer, several fuel cells and many knives hang from his belt. he is bald, his scalp, face and neck covered in hundreds of scars. many swirl in tartan patterns others are clearly the result of battle, a few are still fresh.

each man sits or stands around a long table of some fine alien wood, the air is filled with tension and impatience.

none of these men are the Inquisitor and you wonder where he might be.

Grytorm
2011-04-19, 08:10 PM
Silently Brutus examines each of the four and the room in general. Brooding over what to do he thinks back to how they got there. Be it by order by he and his companions own choice.. They know why I am here, I don't. Make them come to me.

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-22, 07:14 PM
The Doors swing open as if pushed by an invisible force. Inquisitor Titian strides into the room. He looks suprisingly average, a man of ordinary hight and build. he is obviously athletic but both of you have seen men who looked tougher, stronger and more dangerous. He looks like a priest in his ornate exelciarchy robes, a hood half obscures his head and face.

he is flanked by two men, one of whome is tall and corpselike with lanky black hair tied back from his eyes with a strip of black silk, covering a conspicuous bulge in the center of his forehead. he wears the long robes of a navigator.

the other man is short and boyish, probably 18 years old. his eyes flicker across the faces and weapons in the room while his fingers cradle a data slate. he wears a hive worlders bodyglove with numerous pockets.

the inquisitor walks to the head of the table and sits, "Be Seated" he says, and it is not an invitation. his voice is soft but you can hear rivers of power running just beneath the surface. he is a man accustomed to being respected, obeyed and even feared.

"10 years ago, just before the start of this war, the rogue trader Savador Galdrin and his ship the Mirrors Edge went missing." he begins as the boy sets up some arcane device in the center of the table. It has been assumed for these 10 years that the 'Edge was one of the first casualties of the war. the device the boy is using lights up, illuminating a holographic picture of a ship, slightly smaller than the Ironheart if the scale is correct. "We were wrong, four months ago the 'Edge reappeared, it exited the warp in a system used by the Imperial Guard as a supply depot. When the stations defense pickets challenged the ship if made another jump. as it jumped its warp drive, obivously badly damaged, tore a massive hole from this universe into the Empyrean."

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-22, 10:30 PM
"One of the picket ships was sucked into the tear along with the 'Edge. mere minutes later their Astropath gibbered a tale of a voyage that had taken years, and stretched the ship to its limits and beyond. the message came from a star system over 100 light years away. she reported that they were attempt a landing on the systems only habitable planet, and that the 'Edge had already crashed into the planet. It seemed an impossible tale and was discounted by the military command as a simple warp drive malfunction and was quickly forgotten in the face of the Void Spawn attack. i had my own ideas at the time. but this, changes my hypothesis considerably." the hologram changes into a display of the frontlines of the war, the green heraldry of the Void Spawn occupies only a few systems. "this shows the front lines in the first year of the war." the view changes, five times as many systems are held by the Void Spawn "and these are the front lines today" little seems to have changed except that the imperial lines cave inwards and the apex of the bow is one system. "that, is P3Z-237, the system reached by the Mirrors Edge. It is also our current destination."

Grytorm
2011-04-23, 10:14 AM
Brutus examines the maps carefully, quickly reaching a conclusion. "So you think they want something on the ship. Why send in the Inquisition and not one of the armies? I assume that you are sending several teams to the planet, would you care to tell us what we will be doing down their."

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-23, 03:49 PM
"I along with 3 other inquisitors are currently combating the Void Spawn invasion. our lines are stretched thin. however, thanks to Colonel Greer i have managed to marshal an entire regiment of Armageddons finest to help us. when we left, the Imperial Navy was holding the Void Spawn in the systems Kuiper Belt." he pauses grimly "or at least they were. our job is to find and recover the artifact, tool, weapon or whatever the Mirrors Edge was carrying before the Void Spawn do."

the view again changes zooming in on one planet. "this is P3Z-237/alpha" he smiles "in light of current events, i have decided that i deserves a name. so from henceforth, this is Snowbound." You can see how he came up with the name. the planet is almost entirely covered in ice. its polar ice caps encompassing 85% of the planets surface. "snowbound has a highly eliptical orbit, giving it two long winters and two shorter but very hot summers, a year on Snowbound is almost 80 years standard." he again looks grim. "its just our luck that its in the middle of one of those winters right now. lucky we came prepared."

the magos drops into the conversation "my Engineseers are in the process of upgrading the armour of the 253rd regiment of the Armagedon Steel Legion for cold weather activities. estimated completion time 385 hours."

the inquisitor nods to the magos "we estimate our arrival time in 18 days shiptime. i expect you all to be ready to go by then. if you need anything the ships armory is open. requisition whatever you need. just show the quartermaster these." he hands you each an inquisitorial rosette. "loose them and i will carve a new one out of your ass. do i make myself clear? i will be in my quarters if you need anything."

the meeting breaks up as everyone there goes back to their duties. the man in the strange armor walks up to you. "i am Killean, Interrogator to Inquisitor Titian. it looks like its up to me to get you settled. come on, this way."

Hundenal
2011-04-23, 05:29 PM
Following Killean away from the meeting, Iacton asks, "Do we have any idea as to what was on board the Mirror's Edge that is so important, or any information as to the fate of her crew?"

Grytorm
2011-04-23, 08:37 PM
Brutus follows to, trying to keep pace with the torturer, at each junction he cranes his neck to see what is down each corridor. "Even if you don't know what is on it a copy of the manifest would be useful." Brutus said.

sandres316
2011-04-24, 01:11 PM
Tara follows as well. Not knowing whether she should say something or not.

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-25, 03:46 PM
Killean shakes his head We have no idea what the cargo of the 'Edge was. It was a rogue trader, they aren't required to log flights or with the Imperial flight control.

We are assuming that it is some form of chaos artifact, possibly an alien form of warp drive or even an STC that they tried, unsuccessfully, to integrate into their own drive. he shrugs but really, we dont know.

Hundenal
2011-04-25, 04:09 PM
Iacton nods, acknowledging the information, adding "But what of the crew, or of the picket ship that was pulled into the warp with it?"

Grytorm
2011-04-25, 06:11 PM
"The artifact must be high caliber to justify invasion. Perhaps we would know it if we saw it," Brutus said as he turned to face Tara, "if not, Tara might prove useful. I am certain that you will be helpful in the armory."

Hundenal
2011-04-25, 06:35 PM
In reply to Brutus's comment, Iacton says "I believe we will be able to identify the object by its psykic presence if it truly is a daemonic artifact. I still would like to know if we are going to be fighting through a horde of mutants when we arrive, or if we will have friends on the surface. In addition to that, what are we to do if we should find survivors?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-25, 11:12 PM
We have heard nothing from the picket ship beyond their original report. Given a voyage of several years subjective time, the ships life support or fuel supplies must have been sorely depleted. then he looks grim of course there is the possibility that their Gellar Field was damaged by the unusual circumstances of the warp jump.

We're walking in blind he rolls his shoulders then laughs humorless I've been blind for 24 years and im still alive.

Grytorm
2011-04-26, 09:34 AM
Brutus to gives an empty laugh before saying, "The blind leading the blind. Perhaps we should seek the picket ship before the trader. A taste of what awaits should be useful."

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-26, 03:04 PM
Your jibe about blindness shuts Killean up. You continue down to corridor to an elevator, you enter and he jabs the button for the 7th deck. You're right he says at last. we should seek out the picket ship. ill talk to the inquisitor later. he nods appreciatively Me and the Inquisitor, were both very... driven. We used to be a company of 8. We were pursuing the Void Spawn, just after they turned renegade, we landed on the space hulk that our intel said they Void Spawn were hiding on. We found them, we also found something terrible...

Hundenal
2011-04-26, 06:55 PM
Nodding solemnly, Iacton says "Why do I have a feeling this 'Something Terrible' is going to be making a return appearance...? It is only a guess, but I feel this might be useful information to have when we drop in."

Grytorm
2011-04-26, 07:37 PM
During Killean's prolonged silence Brutus falls to the back of the nebulous pack mildly ashamed at his own callousness. When the conversation starts again he rejoins quickly, "Whatever dark things troubles us, I would fear them greater than before. Whatever it is, the untested have been sent forth to challenge it. But why?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-28, 02:36 PM
Because you are all we have, i'm terrified it wont be enough. Eight of us walked into the space hulk last time we fought the Void Spawn, two of us walked out. It drove two of the strongest Pykers i have ever seen mad by being in the same room as them. bullets and lasbolts did nothing to it. my powersword and the inquisitors plasma pistol were the only things that could hurt it. the elevator doors open and you walk out. Thats why we need to do this fast, before the Void Spawn make it further into the system.

Hundenal
2011-04-28, 03:20 PM
Continuing with his questioning, Iacton asks, "What kind of support will we have while we're on the surface, and how will we stay in contact with the Ironheart?"

Emperor Ing
2011-04-28, 10:16 PM
Another lower-ranked techpriest was among the acolytes. He made himself minimal, but it took some illusionary persuasion to not notice the third figure sitting in Adeptus Mechanicus robes. At this moment he follows in the back, continuing to make himself scarce. He copies everything said as text on the dataslate built into one of his mechanical hands. He finally chimes in.
Void Spawn. Renegade Adeptus Astartes chapter?

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-28, 10:43 PM
Correct, there was never a link from them to Chaos. thats why they sent in us, Ordo Hereticus. Our intelligence indicates that they worship something very different from Chaos, though no less hostile to humanity.

Hundenal
2011-04-28, 10:45 PM
Iacton appears to be getting slightly irritated at this point. "You still haven't answered my questions of communication or support, or what we are to do with anyone we find on the surface."

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-28, 11:00 PM
Killean laughs Be patient Acolyte, you dont think were going in without backup do you? Im blind not stupid. we have a full mechanized regiment with armored support. 2000 men in chimeras, and about 50 Leman Russ Battle tanks and 50 more assorted Basilisk Artillery, Hellhounds and Demolishers. We also have a trio of Valkyries filled with inquisitorial stormtroopers. he turns around to face the rest of you. For communication each platoon is equipped with a man portable vox unit capable of communicating with the surrounding platoons as well as the ships in orbit. once the first wave has landed we will establish an orbital link to secure our communications.

he strides up Iacton bending over slightly to look him straight in the eyes. however his eyes are distrubingly unfocused neither really looking at you. but you still feel the force of his gaze. If you find anyone on that planet who isn't a soldier of the 253rd or a member of the Inquisition. he pauses for a second Kill Them. and take pride in it. you are doing the emperors work. Any more questions?

Hundenal
2011-04-28, 11:02 PM
Realizing he may have overstepped his authority, Iacton replies with a simple "No more questions, sir."

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-28, 11:07 PM
Good, the first thing you should learn here is to trust your fellow acolytes and your inquisitor. Trust me a Titian to tell you everything you need to know and to take care of you. were the only family we have. his face and shoulders droop. Never let even the Ruinous Powers themselves take your family from you.

Hundenal
2011-04-28, 11:11 PM
"If that is all, I think I would like to retire to my quarters for now. The drop is 18 days, correct?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-28, 11:17 PM
18 days at best aproximation. your quarters are down the hall and to the left, room 7/261 through 7/267. each room is the same. recreation is one deck down, room 8/100. i spend most of my time there, id be interested to spar against you, see what your made of. he roll his shoulders and cracks his knuckles Plus it kills time, belive me. you get real board real fast on a ship like this.

Hundenal
2011-04-28, 11:20 PM
"For some reason, I have a feeling you would win that fight, but I guess it is something to do, and I know how boring these ships can get."

Grytorm
2011-04-28, 11:23 PM
Something else, perhaps worse? after a moments consideration Brutus asks, "Can you tell us anything about the Voidspawn forces?"

ellna
2011-04-29, 01:08 PM
From down the corridor a imperial guardsman approaches. He walks with a slight limp. A beauty of a sword rests on his hip and slung over his shoulder his carries his rifle. He is dressed in combat fatigues with a simple camouflage pattern. His face is a grimace of pain and you can see clearly see him wince with each step he takes forward. His cheek bears a tattoo of the imperial aquila and proudly displayed on his breast he bears an inquisitorial rosette marking him as a servant of the inquisitor. He falls in with the other acolytes nodding his head in acknowledgement.

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-29, 01:46 PM
Killean looks unimpressed You're late, lucky i'm not a commissar.

We don't know that much about the Void Spawn, they do not adhere to the Codex but we never had an indication of them worshiping Chaos. fortunately they only have limited access to armor so far. but they have a large cadre of Techmarines so they are very good at stretching what they have and looting the wreckage of the battlefield. Even capturing entire ships.

Emperor Ing
2011-04-29, 02:16 PM
Techmarines. Nihilius proclaims in contempt. These renegades would dare take the blessings of the Machine God and use them against the Mechanicus and The Imperium. The Omnissiah does not take the perversion of its teachings lightly.

ellna
2011-04-29, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry I am still recovering from my injuries. I shall of course endeavour to make myself more prompt in future. I'm sure by the time of our arrival I should be fully recovered. I will of course make myself available for any sanction you may wish to impress upon me on the recreation deck. I am in need of a sound exercising of the muscles to speed my recovery . Though I doubt I shall be any challenge in my current state. The flesh is weak, but do not mistake that for a lazy mind.

Hundenal
2011-04-29, 04:51 PM
Seeing that the full briefing seems to be over, Iacton bids the group farewell and goes off to his room.

Leniad
2011-04-29, 09:01 PM
As Iacton walks away loud footsteps approach. they seem unequal and misplaced. out of a corridor appears a large man that seems to big for the ship, obviously drunk from his hidden stash. the drunk walks in sight of the group and quickly stumbles away fearing the wrath of the commissars that he has felt so much thought his few years of training. as the footsteps slowly fade away a loud voice booms throught the ship in a drunken manner Sir i'm not drunk i feel fine. i'm just off to the range

Hundenal
2011-04-29, 09:32 PM
Iacton cannot resist turning to see the source of the heavy steps, and after realizing it comes from a drunken guardsman, he says "On second thought, I think watching this guy down at the range might be slightly more entertaining."

Emperor Ing
2011-04-29, 09:35 PM
Nihilius looks over to the drunken man. He adds on to Iacton's remark, looking at him, and back to the drunkard. I shall accompany you in observing this demonstration of the weakness of flesh. He should be right, this will be quite entertaining.

Grytorm
2011-04-29, 10:56 PM
"Quick! Give this man another drink. So when the next day comes we can be there to tell him of his midnight follies!" Brutus says with a grin.

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-29, 11:14 PM
This proves to be too much for Killean, pulling out a bolt pistol from... somewhere in the belts of ammo and weapons he carries. he strides up to the man, turns him around and slams it under his chin. I may not be a Commissar but i still outrank you and i wont hesitate to kill you. he pauses to slide back the hammer on his pistol. Give me one good reason why i shouldnt.

You cannot help but notice how superhumanly smooth, sure and fast his movements are for a blind man with no visable agumentations.

ellna
2011-04-30, 06:27 AM
Nathaniel recites. Intoxicated on duty. Any soldier caught under the influence of alcohol or any other inebriant while on his guard shall be flogged and then shot. Article 0844/76b.

I hope for his sake he isn't on duty I doubt that man could even tell the right end of the rifle right now.

Leniad
2011-04-30, 12:39 PM
Sorry sir. on my off duty i enjoy myself a little to much. try to keep back the memories of my old commissar.The drunk fool had no respect for anyone.

Hundenal
2011-04-30, 05:53 PM
Iacton steps to the drunken man's aid, saying "By the wording in that rule, it only applies if he is on duty. I don't mean to overstep my authority, but I wouldn't consider time spent waiting between missions as on duty..."

Grytorm
2011-05-01, 12:27 AM
"Until the Imperium achieves ultimate victory we must all make sacrifices. Those who do not do the blessed work of the Emperor lead hard lives, those who serve him have it harder. Some choose lives to great for them and do what they can to forget the horror. Spare him because he serves the the Emperor." As Brutus speaks his eyes remain fixed on the gun, he's going to kill someone he's going to kill someone he's going to kill someone

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-01, 12:54 PM
Fine snarles Killean sliding the safety back on But if i see you like this while you are on duty, ill cut out your guts and feed them to Genestealers. Understood?

Hundenal
2011-05-01, 08:12 PM
"Well, seeing as that excitement is over, I think I'll just go to my room and wait for the drop..."

ellna
2011-05-01, 08:30 PM
"I'll be going to the deck below to exercise my body. The body is the weapon of the emperor and to neglect it is profane. I will be whole again and met out righteous fury."

Leniad
2011-05-01, 09:47 PM
Yes sir. I think I will stay in my room till im summoned. hopefully thats not in a few hours he he. Kaarl slowly stumbles away down a random corridor. once he is out of sight the sound of footsteps echo increasing in amount with every beat. a loud crash is heard in the distance. loud ranting follows about heretics and daemons. it slowly dies down and to become an mere hum among the ship.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-01, 10:18 PM
Killean stands there, he seems to have collapsed in upon himself. Dismissed he says, his voice barely above a whisper.

The_Shaman
2011-05-02, 03:45 PM
A young man in arbitrator uniform perhaps just a bit too large seems to hurry in the opposite direction. At a first look, he seems almost a juvenile; while he is compact, he has neither the height nor the mass most grown men in the imperium have, and if it weren't for the uniform most people would leave him as a teen. His skin is fair, the tone of someone who has seldom known real sunlight and had to grow in artificial lighting instead - and likely not much of that, either. He is obviously clean-shaven, with short hair in two dark brown lines near his ears and bleached white elsewhere, and has an air of intent that only deepens when he looks at his chrono. Seeing Killean look somewhat uncertain and without an immediate purpose, he approaches him.

Greeting, sir. I'm looking for hold I-Theta-033, would it be in that direction? he says with a note of impatience, naming the hold where they were all supposed to meet.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-02, 11:19 PM
Brutus says Killean walking away show the boy his quarters, drop in 18 days, be ready.

((anyone want to do anything before we drop?))

Emperor Ing
2011-05-02, 11:32 PM
The majority of Nihilius' time will be spent among maintenance and engineering sections of the ship, repeatedly praying to the machine spirits that inhabit not only the ship but its sacred components that they bless him with the preservation of circuitry to overcome anything that opposes the will of the Machine God, the protection of steel that protects him from harm, and the will of the cognitor that its wisdom guide the sacred path towards absolving the techpriest of the sin of flesh.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-02, 11:41 PM
As Nihilius goes about his duties he runs into Magos Kirenik repeatedly. Query: Do you wish to learn more of the sacred workings and spirits of the Ironheart?

Emperor Ing
2011-05-02, 11:49 PM
Upon first inquiry the young tech priest replies with a conviction of steel. Teach me everything.

ellna
2011-05-03, 12:16 AM
((Nathaniel Spends as much of the time as he can exercising in recreation deck or caring for his equipment. He spends little time in conversation with the other acolytes. Unless Anyone wishes to spar with him I don't intend to any IC till the drop.))

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-03, 12:23 AM
Kirenik chuckles dryly and quirks what remains of his lips into a smile. Sharing accumulated knowledge is one of my greatest pleasures. Come. he guides you down corridors deep into the bowels of the ship. until you come out into a vast weightless space filled with massive pipes, spheres and cylinders. These are the ships reactors, here is were we measure out the Ironhearts long slow heartbeat. This spirit can be fickle but has never failed us in time of battle. you approach what is obviously a control interface area, you can tell by the particular scent of the incense and the shape of the control-altars. You stand and observe the marvel of engineering that is the Ironheart's plasma reactor. The spirit of this engine injects Holy Hydrogen into the central vessel there, within which is high energy plasma. when the Prayer of Sustained Fusion is uttered by the Choir of Ignition the reaction contained therein grows, powering the ship through battle and between the gulfs of space. Thus we spread the word of the Omnisiah through the Universe.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-03, 12:31 AM
((sorry for the double post :smallfrown:))

Nathaniel is exercising on the matted floor of the ships recreation deck. trying to get the stiffness out of his still healing wounds. he goes through a set of exercises perscribed by his Regimental Medic. he does not hear Killean approach behind him. Hello, he jumps then winces and rubs his leg and then turns to see Killean stripped to the waist and armorless, revealing the network of scars the runs across (presumably) all of his body. there is more bounce in his step and he stands taller then the last time you saw him.

The_Shaman
2011-05-03, 04:53 AM
Uriah raises an eyebrow as the man obviously doesn't answer his question, then turns to the one called Brutus. I was told there was supposed to be an important briefing in ten minutes ST. Is anything the matter?

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-03, 12:22 PM
((woah, timewarp!))

Boy, Says Killean turning around to show his sightless eyes filled with pain We exit the warp in 18 days to confront a foe that killed my team the last time i faced it. first we will explore the wreck of an imperial picket ship, then drop onto the planet to find an unknown artifact, if it exists, before the Archenemy does. Understood? the bolt pistol still hangs in his hand but he looks more likely to use it on himself than on the boy.

ellna
2011-05-03, 01:01 PM
Nathaniel already stripped to the waste and covered with a slick sheen of sweat. He is dressed only in his standard issue combat fatigues, his bare feet gripping the matted floor, despite this most of his chest is obscured. A vast sprawl of angry, red wounds litter his skin. The wounds from a shrapnel blast. Their various shapes paint a pattern of the medical care he has received. Many bear stitches an the marks of a surgeons knife. Most however are seared closed. The largest wound, over his shoulder, is filled in with some sort of see-through adhesive which beneath is the stark white of bone. It's without doubt that when healed he will boast a nice array of scars. Nathaniel drops stiffly into a defensive stance. The sword in his hand flowing seamlessly like an extension of his body. It is obvious to Killean that he has used this sword a lot. The sword itself is a work of art. Impossibly straight with a single edge that looks like it could cut air. Etched into he surface of the blade in flowing script are names. They crawl across it like ants. It's handle has a golden guard, yet in parts the gold has been worn down to the dull gray metal beneath. His other hand, empty, is held wide. Small mistakes in Nathaniel's stance alone are apparent to Killean. He is clearly tensed, his footing rigid and his balance off center. On his face he wears an obvious mask of pain. Unsure he speaks. "Um... what is the procedure with this? Am I allowed to strike an..." He pauses his painful expression replaced with one of disgust "... an officer?"

((I can't help, but laugh at how many of these details are lost on my sightless opponent))

Well I'm never one to miss an opportunity for more fun so...
Heres one for the blind:The air is filled with the cornucopia of smells that radiate from Nathaniel. The strongest is that of blood. The metallic tang is palpable on the back of your throat. The next wave brings a wave a sweat that smells decidedly rank. It's not the sweat of a healthy man, it is overly sweat like decomposing flesh. A more subtle scent reaches you nose, but one that you instantly recognize. That of burnt flesh. Apart from these bodily odours you also receive that of medicinal ones. The smell of antiseptic and surgical alcohol still linger. Another synthetic smell is one like glue, a rancid concoction that assaults your nose. And what is that, you sort through the last smell in the roiling miasma of aromas. Your heightened senses finally pick out the smell. It's none other than that of imperial guard issue foot powder for protection against trench rot.

The blade lazily cuts through the air before you as you hear him assume the defensive position. His hand quietly flexes on the grip, his feet dig in to the mat beneath them. His breath is slightly ragged, his intake of air sharp, hurried even. You listen to the steady beat of his heart and the stretching of tightened skin across tensing muscles. A small smacking sound as he wets his lip preparing to talk. "Um... what is the procedure with this? Am I allowed to strike an..." He pauses his voice taking a tone of disgust "... an officer?" His voice wavers, unsure.

The_Shaman
2011-05-03, 04:05 PM
Boy, Says Killean turning around to show his sightless eyes filled with pain We exit the warp in 18 days to confront a foe that killed my team the last time i faced it. first we will explore the wreck of an imperial picket ship, then drop onto the planet to find an unknown artifact, if it exists, before the Archenemy does. Understood? the bolt pistol still hangs in his hand but he looks more likely to use it on himself than on the boy.

Uriah notices that the man is not in the best of mental shape, and decides not to push it too far. If this were a regular hive bloke he would probably hit him on the head, cuff him and drop him at the nearest security station as a matter of principle, but this guy looks important - and apparently has some idea about what's going on, which further supports the "Important Man" theory.

Right,, he says. Do we gey any special training or equipment for that one, or do we go in ... as is?

Hundenal
2011-05-03, 06:30 PM
For the rest of the flight, Iacton spends most of his time alone in his quarters, meditating and feeling the flow of the powers of the warp, leaving only for meals and occasionally to go to the recreation area.

Leniad
2011-05-03, 07:07 PM
Kaarl, who is now sober, stays in his room cleaning his armor. sometimes the sound of liquids being poured is heard from his door. he has now ran out of rotgut and is making more with the secrets of his home world. the vials of it are well hidden as well as the brewery.

((i don't really feel like doing anything on the ship other than maybe some combat training if we get more Intel on the enemy we are fighting))

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-03, 09:29 PM
Ordinarily, no. But this is a simple training exercise, but it would be best if we use these. he walks over to the long rack of training weapons, finding one that is surprisingly close to the balance and feel of your sword he hands it to you. That is a beautiful sword, may i see it?

ellna
2011-05-04, 04:36 AM
"Of course, Sir." Nathaniel hands his sabre over to Killean."It's my family sword. It's been handed down my line since before the war. I hope that my name won't be the last to grace it's blade." Testing the weight of the training sword he weaves it through the air in a figure of eight. Wincing as his shoulder strains slightly.

The_Shaman
2011-05-04, 05:39 AM
Uriah spends the rest of the trip mostly in his compartment engaged in prayer or reading, and occasionally breaks the tedium by going to the practice halls or the ranges. He tries to find out more about just where they are going and what is supposed to happen there... within the bounds of the acceptable protocol, of course.

After a brief visit to the armory, managing to find out another pack of lho sticks, and giving all his gear the due physical and spiritual maintenance, he feels ready to go.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-04, 02:52 PM
Killean takes the sword and runs his hand along the blade. it freezes when he encounters the first of the moving script. he suddenly throws it aside and grabs you by the shoulders. What sorcery is this? he hisses.

ellna
2011-05-04, 03:03 PM
Nathaniel's face contorts with pain as Killean grabs his shoulder. Spots form before his eyes and it's all he can do to choke out an explanation. " The names of my family, they're just names. Of all those that have wielded that blade in the service of the imperium."

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-04, 03:11 PM
Killean releases his grip on his shoulder slightly, the pain eases. Why do they move? he demands, slowly and firmly.

ellna
2011-05-04, 03:17 PM
"You must be mistaken, they don't move. I don't understand?"
Nathaniel face is one of sheer horror and confusion.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-04, 03:25 PM
The sword itself is a work of art. Impossibly straight with a single edge that looks like it could cut air. Etched into he surface of the blade in flowing script are names. They crawl across it like ants. It's handle has a golden guard, yet in parts the gold has been worn down to the dull gray metal beneath.

I may be blind but i can still feel them Snarles Killean, Why do they move?

ellna
2011-05-04, 03:45 PM
"Perhaps it's the hum of the engines. Yes thats what it must be. The metal must of shifted slightly due to the vibrations. I assure you that no Sorcery " He almost spits out the word. " takes place here. That blade was forged by loyal servants of the imperium to an exacting standard you would be hard pressed to find these days, but move. Never has it done that. It must be the engine playing tricks on you" Nathaniel looks like he's about to faint from the shock of it all.

Um that was artistic license they don't actual crawl across the blade like ants. They just look or in this case feel like it. But they don't actually move. Sorry My bad I guess :smalleek: Please don't kill me.

Hundenal
2011-05-04, 07:31 PM
Noting the disturbance in the warp caused by Nathaniel's great fear and shock, Iacton comes to investigate the reason for the disturbance. Seeing Killean standing over Nathaniel holding his sword, Iacton approaches and asks, "What's going on here?"

Emperor Ing
2011-05-04, 08:59 PM
Kirenik chuckles dryly and quirks what remains of his lips into a smile. Sharing accumulated knowledge is one of my greatest pleasures. Come. he guides you down corridors deep into the bowels of the ship. until you come out into a vast weightless space filled with massive pipes, spheres and cylinders. These are the ships reactors, here is were we measure out the Ironhearts long slow heartbeat. This spirit can be fickle but has never failed us in time of battle. you approach what is obviously a control interface area, you can tell by the particular scent of the incense and the shape of the control-altars. You stand and observe the marvel of engineering that is the Ironheart's plasma reactor. The spirit of this engine injects Holy Hydrogen into the central vessel there, within which is high energy plasma. when the Prayer of Sustained Fusion is uttered by the Choir of Ignition the reaction contained therein grows, powering the ship through battle and between the gulfs of space. Thus we spread the word of the Omnisiah through the Universe.

Nihilius listens with great interest. His quasimechanical voice echoing a response. We are truly blessed to stand in the presence of such miracles. I do fear the acolytes do not hold such reverence for this true divinity.

Grytorm
2011-05-04, 11:11 PM
Right,, he says. Do we gey any special training or equipment for that one, or do we go in ... as is?

"I can fill him in on the rest sir." As Brutus guides Uriah to his quarters he explains, "I think we are assumed to already be competent. But the Inquisitor is allowing us to outfit us with whatever we can find in the armory within reason. We are looking for whatever the horrors are looking for on a crashed ship. Only good news is that its probably not Chaos."

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-04, 11:15 PM
Noting the disturbance in the warp caused by Nathaniel's great fear and shock, Iacton comes to investigate the reason for the disturbance. Seeing Killean standing over Nathaniel holding his sword, Iacton approaches and asks, "What's going on here?"

This is the Voice of the GM, im probably going to cut this whole conversation since it came from a misunderstanding.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-05, 12:51 PM
the Recreation Room conversation:

Killean forcibly calms himself. Relax Iacton, Nathaniel is in no danger. He obviously does not know the history of his sword. but you can feel it, cant you Iacton?

note for Iacton:

You can feel dozens of souls bound to the weapon by a powerful Psykic force, although powerful it is without elegance or skill. the work of a powerful amateur.

The_Shaman
2011-05-05, 02:23 PM
Uriah turns to Brutus, assuming the man is a sort of underling for their master. Confirmed, he says, but something inside him gnaws for details. Is there anything more about it or the possible opposition that I need to know?

ellna
2011-05-05, 02:27 PM
Nathaniel looks completely stunned. All semblance of order has fled from him and a blank look has occupied his face. He simply stands there like an empty puppet and slowly he turns away from Killean to look blankly at Iacton. "Feel what?" His voice flat. Bewildered, terrified and in shock by the turn of events that has occurred.

Hundenal
2011-05-05, 03:17 PM
Iacton steps closer, closely examining the magnificent weapon. "Yes, I can feel it, the history of this weapon, its former wielders...it has a presence, yet possesses no power...at least no more than the wielder..." Turning to Nathaniel, Iacton says, "It is a truly wonderful weapon, and one you should be proud to hold."

ellna
2011-05-05, 03:39 PM
Nathaniel is regaining some of his senses. "What do you mean a presence. I've lived by and fought with that sword in my hand, most of my life. I've never felt a presence before." He turns back to Killean. "It this sanctioned or foul sorcery. What am I to think Lord? This Pysker in your service says I should be proud to wield it. Is this true?" The words are almost dragged past his lips as his mind slowly begins to catch up with what is happening.

Hundenal
2011-05-05, 03:45 PM
Iacton smiles slightly at Nathaniel's response. "I assure you I am entirely sanctioned. Where do you think my eyes went? As for the presence, such a weapon, wielded by such warriors for so long will gain a slight presence in the warp. As a Psyker, I am more in touch with this than most. Do not worry, I assure you it is perfectly safe, or at least as safe as a sword can be..."

ellna
2011-05-05, 04:08 PM
"So it's not going to bring the taint of the warp to rest on my head" Nathaniel chokes out an staggered laugh. " There is is only one the that could be the correct cause of action then..." Nathaniel face seems to have regained it's colour(Though there was little to begin with.) He takes a deep breath. "Dark forces and warp magic. Any soldier who, through his own will or no, becomes touched by the the warp in any way and becomes impure and a danger to security, will be the beneficiary of the emperor's mercy. Article 5863/02a" He looks over at Iacton. "But sanctioned and safe like yourself. That is permitted." He turns to Killean "Yes?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-05, 05:22 PM
Killean smiles, and the expression holds surprising warmth. The binding on the sword is powerful, i belive it may contain the souls of your ancestors. however, it seems entirely benign and sanctioned. he takes the sword and hands it back to Nathaniel with no small amount of reverence. I apologize, i acted quickly and recklessly, it is a... Flaw that i must try and rectify.

ellna
2011-05-05, 05:38 PM
Nathaniel stares at the blade. It's true the the letters etched into the blade are actually moving. Nathaniel looks at it fascinated by this bizarre fact. "My ancestors? But why now? I spoke truly when I said I have never seen this happen before. " He looks Killean in the face. "Do not apologize it should be me doing so for the ignorance which I have displayed. please forgive me. How could I of not known... It's never shown any signs of... this"

Hundenal
2011-05-05, 05:41 PM
"The resonance in the warp is faint at most. It would take a trained psyker, or perhaps someone very in tune with the immaterium, to even notice the disturbance. Which raises the question, Killean, how did you notice it?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-05, 11:58 PM
Killean smiles and raises an eyebrow You mean you didn't guess? I am a member of the Navigator House of Verisar. I never showed any talent for Warp-Sight, i was a disgrace to my family. Until a daemon put out my eyes, burned the nerves right out of my brain. The pain nearly killed me, but it also activated my Psykic powers. I am a Telekine, i can distort the air to send out little ripples of sound and force that let me see like a bat, it has also allowed me to hone my other senses. Its almost as good as a pair of eyes. he stops for a second. Except i can't see color

he quickly recovers himself. i would have been brought to Terra for sanctioning, but the inquisitor got to me first. he was hunting the cult that summoned that daemon. he recognized my talent, taught me to see again. i owe him everything.

ellna
2011-05-06, 05:32 AM
Nathaniel stands silently for a moment looking down at his hands. Realising he still holds the practice blade, he reverently places his ancestral weapon in it's sheath. He is clearly hesistant. The inquistor sounds like a great man. I count myself lucky to serve under him and you also, Sir."" Stiffly he brings up his guard and drops into the defensive postition. "I assume however, we are still sparring? As much as I enjoy being shaken like a rag doll and scared half to death. I'm sure my body can take some more punishment. " A faint wisp of a smile spreads on his face. A small trickle of blood seeps out from his shoulder mingling with the cold sweat that coats him.

Grytorm
2011-05-06, 09:13 AM
Uriah turns to Brutus, assuming the man is a sort of underling for their master. Confirmed, he says, but something inside him gnaws for details. Is there anything more about it or the possible opposition that I need to know?

"Let me think about this... we may investigate another ship before going after Mirrors Edge. But other than that I can't really remember anything else really important."

Hundenal
2011-05-06, 03:38 PM
Iacton looks slightly horrified at the Interrogator's tale. "So you mean you are an unsanctioned psyker, and the Inquisitor allows this? It is dangerous, disgraceful and heretical!"

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-06, 03:44 PM
Siero had me sanctioned as a member of the inquisition rather than an "ordinary" Pysker and he was well within his rights to do so. growls Killean He trained me himself, and brought me before the emperor and i was shown his light. I never looked back, i had nothing to look back for.

Hundenal
2011-05-06, 03:47 PM
"I am sorry for the accusation, I only heard the part where you said you avoided sanctioning. Please excuse my outburst..."

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-06, 06:05 PM
Killean smiles No gentleman if you will excuse us we have some sparring to do.

((do you have any preferences as to how we work out the sparring?))

Hundenal
2011-05-06, 10:45 PM
"I shall return to my quarters, if you have no more need of my assistance." Says Iacton, and he turns and walks off.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-07, 12:43 AM
You should attempt to show them the light of the Omnissiah. It is your task to spread the word of the Machine Spirit. states the Magos firmly. Query: do you wish to see more?

ellna
2011-05-07, 04:09 AM
Nathaniel salute Killean with the sword and awaits the first move in this dance of blades.

((Nope no preferred way at all whatever works for you :D.))

The_Shaman
2011-05-07, 09:06 AM
"Let me think about this... we may investigate another ship before going after Mirrors Edge. But other than that I can't really remember anything else really important."

The arbitrator raises an eyebrow, interested. Mirror's Edge is the crashed ship, I suppose? Strange name for an Emperor-guided vessel - though, Throne preserve, that might explain its bad luck in crashing. You did mention another ship, sir - was there any mention on why we would have to look for that?

Grytorm
2011-05-07, 10:03 AM
"The Mirror was a rogue trader and it probably brought its doom upon itself with whatever we are looking for. The picket ship was dragged into the warp with the Mirror so it may be useful to investigate it. See if we can find any more information and gain an idea of what we may face on the Mirror."

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-08, 07:46 PM
Killean circles around you, examining your stance, then striking fast as a snake.

attack: [roll0] [roll1]
each successful hit will do nonlethal damage, giving levels of fatigue insted of doing real wounds, once you exceed your hitpoint total of nonlethal damage you gain a level of fatigue.

ellna
2011-05-09, 12:59 AM
Nathaniel flicks the blade aside and returns a rapid blitz of thrusts.

Parry [roll0]
Attack [roll1]

ellna
2011-05-09, 01:01 AM
Damage:[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2011-05-09, 02:13 PM
You should attempt to show them the light of the Omnissiah. It is your task to spread the word of the Machine Spirit. states the Magos firmly. Query: do you wish to see more?

The Techpriest nods. Show me.

The_Shaman
2011-05-09, 03:07 PM
"The Mirror was a rogue trader and it probably brought its doom upon itself with whatever we are looking for. The picket ship was dragged into the warp with the Mirror so it may be useful to investigate it. See if we can find any more information and gain an idea of what we may face on the Mirror."

It sounds like a good plan, under the circumstances, the arbitrator nods. Pardon me, but have we been introduced? I am Uriah Zane, formerly of the Merovian 118th Precinct.

Grytorm
2011-05-09, 07:59 PM
Brutus offers his hand to shake and says, "I'm Brutus from Scintilla. No last name really. Former Deathcult acolyte. I guess you will be wanting to meet the other members of the team, that may be a little difficult. By now probably another dozen have shown up late."

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-10, 12:43 AM
he parrys your attack

[roll0]

but he is too slow and the blade strikes him on the arm

then he quickly reposts and feints high, then strikes low

Feint: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

ellna
2011-05-10, 04:26 AM
Nathaniel sees through the simple feint and easily swings his blade to counter the fake blow before suddenly dropping it low to meet the real threat. As he bends however his injured state betrays him and the blow slips past his guard bashing his shin quite painfully. Nathaniel quickly takes advantage of their positions to step into Killean's guard and slam his shoulder, the uninjured one, into his. Causing him to lose his footing and land heavily on the matted floor. He follows this with a quick slash at the now prone target as he back pedals slightly regaining his footing. Blood from Nathaniel's still leeking shoulder runs down his arm and makes small streams of red between his fingers, making the sword handle damp with the red liquid. He holds the blade low maintaining a slight distance from Killean now. Nervously he watches for the man's next move.

Opposed Feint Check:[roll0]
Parry(If Feint failed)[roll1]
Followed by Knock down[roll2]
And an attack[roll3]
And damage[roll4]

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-10, 03:25 PM
Killean braces himself against the shoulder check. but falls flat on his back nonetheless, attempting to get his sword across to block the strike. he flips himself back up onto his feet, clenching his teeth as his abdominals rip painfully with the strain. he flicks the sword low and to the right but then spins and attack Nathaniel's left side instead.

opposed strength check [roll0]
parry attempt:[roll1]
stands up
feint: [roll2]
attack: [roll3]
damage: [roll4]

((you can make a ridiculous number of actions in this game, its fun!))

ellna
2011-05-10, 03:31 PM
Nathaniel's concentration is broken as he shifts his stance, but as Killean leaps to his feet he he staggers back it to some resemblance of a defensive stance a Killean's blade skitters down his own away from him.. In return he makes a poor attempt at a feint jabbing at Killean and then swings his sword in a wild arc completely missing his opponent.
Kay so opposed feint check[roll0]
Followed by a nice little pary if possible[roll1]
Then Feint of my own [roll2]
Followed by an attack[roll3]
And finally damage[roll4]

((Um hang on 3 half actions in one round? Stand feint and attack forgive me a moment there? Is that possible?))

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-10, 03:37 PM
Here we go again!
oh, if i get my feint you cant parry the attack, sorry.
opposed feint [roll0]
lightning attack:
[roll1], [roll2]
[roll3], [roll4]
[roll5], [roll6]

the first and third hit.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-10, 03:39 PM
[SPOILER]((Um hang on 3 half actions in one round? Stand feint and attack forgive me a moment there? Is that possible?))

oh yeah... sorry

for some reason i thought both feint and parry were reactions.

silly of me, forget the feint then.

ellna
2011-05-10, 03:48 PM
Nathaniel's already battered frame simply can't withstand the assault from Killean and after the last of his flurry rains down on his ruined body the light of consciousness flees him and he is suddenly still his blade no longer futilely trying to force the blows of his opponent away. He sways slightly and then collapses onto the matted floor the dulled blade slipping away from his grasp.
Parry I say [roll0]... on the first of course.
Feint [roll1]
Attack[roll2]
Damage[roll3]((You including the -10 from fatigue for me suceeding on by knockdown by two degrees ?(Edit: or a WS of 39) Assuming Yes I hit the dirt :smalleek: Oh and I parry the attack from earlier when you stood up thanks to Balanced sword( And I editted the post accordingly Of course since that attack was was also -10 from fatigue...?) :D. And Lightning attack can't benefit from parry(Edit feint oops) only a single standard attack can.))

The_Shaman
2011-05-10, 04:33 PM
Brutus offers his hand to shake and says, "I'm Brutus from Scintilla. No last name really. Former Deathcult acolyte. I guess you will be wanting to meet the other members of the team, that may be a little difficult. By now probably another dozen have shown up late."

Uriah shrugs. I suppose we have some time. So, former deathcult acolyte? I wasn't aware one was allowed to be a "former" once having joined.

Grytorm
2011-05-10, 06:29 PM
"But now I serve the Inquisition, an Acolyte in a higher service to the Emperor."

Grytorm
2011-05-10, 06:58 PM
Double Post

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-11, 11:54 PM
((You including the -10 from fatigue for me suceeding on by knockdown by two degrees ?(Edit: or a WS of 39) Assuming Yes I hit the dirt :smalleek: Oh and I parry the attack from earlier when you stood up thanks to Balanced sword( And I editted the post accordingly Of course since that attack was was also -10 from fatigue...?) :D. And Lightning attack can't benefit from parry(Edit feint oops) only a single standard attack can.))

((his weapons skill is a fair bit higher than 39, he is on his feet. but just barely.))

Killean pants, limbs shaking and sweat rolling down his skin. You fight well guardsman, i'm impressed. Almost as good as Sahalin. he whispers to himself. then he rouses Nathaniel and helps him up. checking over his wounds to see that he is not too badly damaged.

For Nihilius:

The Magos tours you through the ship, from lance batteries to septic tanks. you walk through its vast vaulted and holy corridors for days, only stopping once or twice a day cycle for sustenance. you learn as much as humanly possible (and more) during this time.

((+10 to tech use and knowledge checks involving the ship))

((alright lets wrap this up and get ready to move out!))

ellna
2011-05-12, 01:24 AM
Nathaniel's wounds aren't too great. A couple of new bruises and it looks like his shoulder needs a refill as a steady trickle of blood now seeps from beneath the medical epoxy. a few of his stitches have been ripped out by the strenuous exercise, but nothing too severe is the matter with him. With Killean's help he struggles stiffly to his feet. He faces Killean taking a moment to ensure he can stand on his own feet as he wobbles unevenly slightly. When he manages to still himself he bows formally. A lopsided smile is splayed across his face. It was an honour to clash blades with such a fine swordsman. A blade tempered in battle is the strongest, but a sharp blade left alone rusts. We must endevour to keep ourselves strong and sharp. I had feared in this state He looks at his broken body. that I might rust. I hope I did not show myself in too bad standing. I eagerly await our drop. With that Nathaniel salutes Killean, an action that makes him wince slightly from pain. He then replaces his practice sword on the rack, gathers up his things and departs to his quarters.

((Ready to move out on your command Inquisitor. Nathaniel spends the days awaiting the drop training with his blade, seeing to his equipment and receiving medical treatment.))

Hundenal
2011-05-12, 07:33 PM
((Iacton is meditating in his quarters, awaiting the drop.))

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-12, 08:35 PM
((are we good for the drop/next stage?))

Hundenal
2011-05-12, 08:37 PM
(( I am, and in case Kaarl/Leniad isn't able to post, he is as well(his computer tends to die...)))

Emperor Ing
2011-05-12, 10:05 PM
((Standing by...))

Grytorm
2011-05-12, 10:27 PM
For most of his part of the trip Brutus spends his time talking to the soldiers, trying to learn what they think about the mission.

((I'm ready to drop. But could a certain amount of chronological flexibility happen so me and The_Shaman can finish are conversation?))

Inquiry [roll0] Target 34
Not going to role play this, just another perspective would be nice.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-14, 12:51 AM
You are assembled in the main hanger deck, standing before a massive boxy shuttlecraft thats front facing entry hatch is open like a hungry mouth, framed by heavy bolters. behind you stand 20 inquisitorial stormtroopers in full carapace armour, carrying hellguns. a few carry specialized weapons like flamers, stormbolters and even a heavy bolter.

in front of you is the Inquisitor, he is encased in full power armour, his head is bare but a helmet is clipped to the left side belt, along with grenades and the holster for a plasma pistol. when he turns his head you can see wires and plates of metal extending from the nape of his neck and the base of his skull. is hands rest on the head of a massive mace as he looks at you inscrutably one eye covered by his long white hair. beside him stands Killean, arrayed as always in full armour and weapons, with a couple of extra goodies holstered in the many pouches that dot his armor.

You know why you are here he says, his voice not raised but still booming in the vast space. Because you are the best, you are those that have lived through 10 years of war. we stand on a precipice, on the brink of what may be the most important battle in this war, and it will not be fought by vast armies or fleets. it will be fought by you, by me. he grabs the haft of his mace and lifts it high into the air and it is covered by a halo of lightning that illuminates with a bang and gives off a loud hum and the smell of ozone. SOLDIERS OF THE IMPERIUM, WE WILL FIGHT AND WE WILL PREVAIL! he screams

ellna
2011-05-14, 04:50 AM
Nathaniel feel the spirit of battle course through his system and his voice rings out as he shouts the litany of war "Emperor, bestow on me your righteous fury and your furious strength. Let me become the storm that blasts the enemy from your sight."

In the time spent ship-board Nathaniel has made a full recovery and stands ready now to fight the enemies of the imperium. His standard issue guard flak armour covering him from head to toe. An eager vitality fills his eyes as he looks to the inquisitor ready for orders. Ready for action.

Hundenal
2011-05-14, 04:08 PM
Iacton stands nervously at the back of the group, wearing his full flak armor and silently praying over his psy-focus and listening to the other's preparations.

Leniad
2011-05-14, 10:25 PM
Kaarl Stands in the back easily seeing the speech. His lasgun waits at his side. The backpack at his other side is filled with chargepacks and shotgun shells. a shotgun sticks out from the side.

Emperor Ing
2011-05-14, 11:35 PM
Nihilius stands ready, reciting Mechanicus rites of protection in a monotonous, looping, but low-pitched, almost whispering chant. His Lasgun at the ready, the power supply of which connects through a hose that is long lost amongst the maze of hoses that travel all around his body.

Grytorm
2011-05-15, 12:58 PM
Brutus waits near the back of the group, examining each of the inquisitorial troopers wondering whose time to die it was. Perhaps his?

The_Shaman
2011-05-16, 03:34 PM
Uriah, now in full gear, stands alongside the other acolytes. His eyes are dimmed as he recites the prayer of St. Michileus, patron of his former precinct. As they near the mission, his unease seems lessened, though whether by the grace of the Emperor and the saints or his own acceptance of the danger he can't honestly say. He is clad in slightly lighter gear than many of the troopers, but he prefers using armor he is better trained in and more mobile with. Finally, his hands move up from the holster of the shotgun and the grenades at his hip, and form the Aquila.

... and we stand ready. Emperor and saints protect, he says, opening his eyes. If the resolve in his heart doesn't match the one in his eyes, well - it better be enough.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-17, 11:01 PM
The final checks are made and the group climbs into the transport. Our first target is the picket ship Vigilance, that was sucked through the warp rift with the Mirrors Edge. it is sitting in the outer system, cold as a rock. our target is the ships log, it stores the phenomena of its voyage. including data on its travel through the warp. it should give us some information on the nature of the artifact, at least it should give us some clues on why the 'Edge's warp drive behaved in such a spectacular manner. he surveys the cramped seating area of the transport. Questions?

Emperor Ing
2011-05-18, 12:12 AM
The techpriest simply recites Steel protect us. May the machine spirits guide us against those whom show disrespect.

ellna
2011-05-18, 01:04 AM
Do we expect resistance aboard Vigilance?

The_Shaman
2011-05-18, 10:21 AM
Uriah nods at the previous question, and continues. Also, did the ship's astropath report anything else out of the ordinary?

Hundenal
2011-05-18, 04:04 PM
Iacton silently follows the group into the landing craft, quietly muttering "No questions sir." as he passes the Inquisitor.

Leniad
2011-05-18, 08:34 PM
Kaarl is puzzled over the words about the ship and gives up on figuring it out. He chimes in, Does the ship have an armory of some sort? If it does then we may want to stop to see if its weapons were taken.

Grytorm
2011-05-19, 09:35 AM
Before he boards, Brutus asks "How long will we have to recover the information?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-19, 12:10 PM
We expect the unexpected smiles the inquisitor our primary goal is the recovery of the Ships Log, its located on the bridge of the ship under the navigators throne. these 3 techpriests will be accompanying us to recover the Log he gestures to the techpriests now walking into the transport, one is large and bulky with several servo arms, obviously adapted for heavy lifting. the other two are of average size but have dozens of mechandrites sprouting from their spines and arms.

Secondary objectives include the recovery of the Vigilance's crew if possible and further investigation of the ship, but we secure the Log first.

Hundenal
2011-05-19, 03:21 PM
As Iacton straps himself into the landing craft, he looks out at the Inquisitor, asking, "I was informed our orders were to leave no survivors for fear of potential corruption. Are we to save the crew, or simply question them?"

Leniad
2011-05-19, 04:04 PM
Karrl Perks up, Oh do we talk to them then kill them?

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-19, 06:50 PM
Karrl has it right, unless you can see any obvious danger to yourself see if they have any useful information, then eliminate them.

Hundenal
2011-05-19, 10:37 PM
"Ok, so shoot first, then ask questions, then shoot again... Got it,"

Emperor Ing
2011-05-19, 11:05 PM
No, it is ask questions, then shoot in extreme circumstances involving the untainted. Otherwise the only thing you need to ask is of us to provide covering fire while you reload.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-20, 12:04 AM
Exactly, any more questions?

ellna
2011-05-20, 12:58 AM
Nathaniel slides the bolt home on his rifle. "Understood. Sir"

Hundenal
2011-05-20, 03:28 PM
Iacton calls out "Ready to go, sir!"

Emperor Ing
2011-05-20, 03:32 PM
Confirmed. Standing by.

Leniad
2011-05-20, 09:21 PM
Lets do this!

Grytorm
2011-05-20, 11:41 PM
"May our deaths for the Emperor bring meaning to our lives."

The_Shaman
2011-05-22, 04:58 AM
Confirmed.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-23, 02:58 PM
the trip in the transport takes almost an hour. until it is hovering just outside the vigilance. We have not been able to open the hanger doors manually and it is not responsive to our communications. we are attempting to mate with an outside airlock and cut our way in.

after about 15 minutes and the judicious application of a meltagun the airlock is open revealing a dark corridor that fades into darkness beyond the feeble red lights of the interior of the transport.

ellna
2011-05-23, 03:06 PM
Nathaniel flicks on the laser sight on his rifle and steps onto the other ship. He assumes a firing position and aim out into the darkness. "Anybody got the lights?"

Hundenal
2011-05-23, 03:48 PM
Drawing his Stub Automatic, loaded with both regular bullets and dum-dum rounds, Iacton stays just inside the doorway, peering around the edge, "It doesn't look like anyone's home..."

Grytorm
2011-05-23, 06:46 PM
Laspistol at the ready, Brutus draws his knife and tests the floor. If it is safe he lays it down and slides it out.

Emperor Ing
2011-05-23, 06:53 PM
The techpriest holds in one hand a milky glass sphere, not unsimilar to a glowglobe. In fact that's probably exactly what it is.
Glorious master of the glowglobe, share in these cavernous cooridors the brilliance of your light.
A light arcs inside the glowglobe as if in acknowledgement. At the moment though, it is not lit.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-23, 08:07 PM
Here grunts one of the Stormtroopers, a Sargent judging by the insignia on his armor. he passes out lamp packs and long strips of adhesive tape attach these to the stocks of your weapons or just hold them

Hundenal
2011-05-23, 10:30 PM
Iacton acknowledges the sergeant with a nod, taking the lamp pack and holding out to see down the corridor, muttering under his breath, "I knew I should have gotten the infrared on these things." referring to his optical implants.

Grytorm
2011-05-23, 11:51 PM
"About how far are we from the bridge?"

Emperor Ing
2011-05-24, 12:09 AM
The techpriest's glowglobe brightens in protest to the stormtrooper, illuminating the interior of the ship in a white light.

ellna
2011-05-24, 06:23 AM
Nathaniel attaches the light to his rifle. Quickly he snaps back to aimed down the corridor. "No hostiles in sight."

The_Shaman
2011-05-24, 08:51 AM
Uriah attaches one of the lamp-packs to his weapon, silently cursing himself for not having taken some himself. He then follows the lead of the others closely, keeping silent.

Leniad
2011-05-24, 04:21 PM
Kaarl tries to combine the lasgun and lamp pack as if trying to fuse them together with sheer force. After a few attempts he says, Can i have a little help here?

ellna
2011-05-24, 04:35 PM
Nathaniel gives Kaarl a look of disgust and laying his rifle down snatches both the lamp pack and the lasgun from Kaarl. He quickly slots the lamp pack into the groove on the lasgun. "Can you even fire this thing?" He hands the weapon back to Kaarl and picks up his own rifle. Again aiming down the corridor. His firing position steady he awaits the order to move in.

Hundenal
2011-05-24, 05:27 PM
"Perhaps Kaarl shouldn't touch anything...We may want some of this stuff unbroken."

Emperor Ing
2011-05-24, 05:44 PM
Nihilius scowls violently at Kaarl, very much displeased at his current actions. You will show your rifle respect. On that note a mechanical, thin, and prehensile-armed claw erupts from the techpriest's sleeve, grabbing his glowglobe, leaving the techpriest's hands free to properly hold his rifle. The techpriest seems to pay this bizarre phenomenon no heed. Should your weapon be unfaithful at a critical moment, jamming as the enemies of the Omnissiah charge your position you have only yourself to blame.

Leniad
2011-05-24, 05:48 PM
gimme a gun and ill shoot it, anything else is a club to me.

Emperor Ing
2011-05-24, 06:14 PM
Consider yourself fortunate to exist in a galaxy touched by the blessings of the Omnissiah. The spirit of your gun grace you with an advantage over those that would use clubs.

ellna
2011-05-24, 06:17 PM
Nathaniel turns and points his rifle straight at Kaarl. "Ill-treatment or neglect of accoutrements. Any soldier who ill-treats his effects, issued arms, equipments or appurtenances through wilful or non-wilful neglect will be shot. (Article.4733/67y). Were we still in the Imperial Guard I would not hesitate to shoot you now. " He looks to the Inquisitor "Sir?"

Hundenal
2011-05-24, 06:19 PM
"Kaarl, perhaps you should listen to the Techpriest, he knows what he's talking about, and having a working rifle is great for life expectancy...On second thought, change that to gun..." Iacton adds this last part looking at his pistol.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-24, 07:58 PM
Stop quarreling and again his words, though a normal tone, is laced with power. I dont much care how Karrl uses his gun as long as he kills the enemy with it. move out.

as you move down the tunnel your light illuminates a T junction in the space between the 3 corridors a dark shape floats in the very low gravity.

Freeze! shouts the Sargent, leveling a storm bolter at the shape

Don't waste oxygen Sargent, its dead Killean glides past you, his lascarbine hanging loosely in his hands. you notice it is attached to a small power-pack on his back. his movements are still as fluid as ever, he seems well accustomed to the low gravity. hmmm, gravity shouldn't be this low. the ship is probably running on backup engines. he bounces off a wall coming to a stop, half floating in the sale air. This guy's been dead a while, mumified.

looks like the Astropath was telling the truth murmurs Titian alright men, split up. Fire Team 2 split up into two squads, one stays here and the other combs this deck and the deck bellow, secure the area. Fire Team 1 is to proceed to the bridge and find the Ships Log, protect the tech priests at all costs. I'll go with them. Killean you are in charge of the acolytes, deploy them according to their skills and prefrences.

Grytorm
2011-05-24, 08:39 PM
When Brutus follows he takes a moment to retrieve his knife.

After the soldiers are gone Brutus says respectfully, "Ready Lord Interrogator."

Hundenal
2011-05-24, 08:43 PM
Keeping his pistol drawn and constantly glancing at the body floating by, Iacton says "Where to, Interrogator?"

The_Shaman
2011-05-25, 02:28 AM
Uriah nods to their master, then Killian. Sir? he says, awaiting orders from the interrogator.

ellna
2011-05-25, 07:39 AM
Nathaniel glares at Karrl before breaking off and turning to Killean. "Awaiting orders Sir."

Hundenal
2011-05-25, 04:57 PM
"If I may say something, there may be something of use, or at least some clues, on that body."

The_Shaman
2011-05-26, 08:17 AM
Uriah tilts his head slightly, and examines the corpse before them. He is uncertain if they can find something from the body itself, as he isn't sure just how dead bodies change in such an environment, although the clothes and other objects might hold a clue.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-26, 10:19 AM
Killean raises an eyebrow and murmurs curiosity... good. then raises his voice Search it.

Hundenal
2011-05-26, 10:28 AM
Iacton moves over to the corpse, keeping his pistol ready, and searches the body.

ellna
2011-05-26, 12:03 PM
Nathaniel trains his rifle on the body providing his light to aid their search. In the cold corridors of the space vessel, he keeps his ears open for movement.

Emperor Ing
2011-05-26, 01:02 PM
The techpriest keeps his lasgun casually trained on the corpse, with his glowglobe aimed down the cooridor.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-26, 03:34 PM
((Roll a search check))

The_Shaman
2011-05-26, 04:08 PM
Uriah detaches the glowglobe and helps the others examine the body.

((Using search as basic skill, Target 21, roll [roll0] without modifiers))

Hundenal
2011-05-26, 04:40 PM
((oops, sorry. Search Check [roll0] unmodified)

Grytorm
2011-05-28, 12:02 AM
"May I provide assistance?" Brutus says crouching by the body with knife in hand. "Who he is doesn't seem important. What would be more important is what killed him." Brutus checks the body over looking for wounds, if he finds any he uses the knife to cut of some of the clothing and get a better look.

((Search Target 16 [roll0]))

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-28, 01:29 AM
you can find no obvious cause of death, however the mans eyes are squeezed tight closed and his face is locked in a grimace of fear that is very different from a rigor mortis.

Hundenal
2011-05-28, 12:13 PM
Iacton turns away from the body, returning to the group. "By the look on his face, it looks as though he was killed in the warp, or perhaps by one of the beings that live there... Perhaps we should be careful none remain..."

((Psyniscience test [roll0] Per= 35))

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-28, 12:47 PM
Iacton notices that the entire corridor, and a far as you can tell, most of the ship has a warp presence, like background radiation or the muted sound of crickets in the night. the man in front of you radiates no small amount of warp energy but he is not the source of it, rather like someone who has been irradiated he radiates part of the energy that killed him.

Hundenal
2011-05-28, 12:54 PM
Iacton's voice takes on a cold monotone, and he says "This entire ship reeks of the warp...we must be careful...but there is no immediate threat here. Let's move on."

ellna
2011-05-28, 01:39 PM
Nathaniel nods to Iacton and moves past him sweeping the corridors and proceeds in the direction of the control room. He finds the low gravity environment a little discomforting and walks very carefully ensuring he stays firmly on the ships's flooring..

Emperor Ing
2011-05-28, 01:53 PM
Nihilius tries to maintain balance in this strange enviroment, moving forward by ways of tiny, controlled hops (amplified to extreme leaps by low gravity.)

Hundenal
2011-05-28, 01:56 PM
Iacton follows the group, now constantly glancing into shadows and with a tight grip on his pistol, though seeming completely at home in the low gravity.

Leniad
2011-05-28, 05:58 PM
Kaarl switches his lasgun for the shotgun. He pushes himself along the what would be floor, staying close to the group.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-28, 09:02 PM
Killean walks behind the acolytes, he tosses Nihilius an auspex the device arcing absurdly far in the low gravity. Keep us on a parallel course with the Lord Inquisitor. were looking for anything interesting, and anything dangerous.

Leniad
2011-05-28, 10:28 PM
((forgot to mention the lasgun sticks just far out to shine the light out the top of the pack))

Hundenal
2011-05-29, 12:48 AM
Iacton stops constantly searching shadows for long enough to turn to Killean and ask, "So we are going to the bridge as well? Or are we to visit a different target than the inquisitor and the kill team?"

The_Shaman
2011-05-29, 02:31 AM
Having said a brief, hushed prayer for the dead (more out of fear he might not stay dead in such an accursed place than anything else), Uriah walks near the front, scanning the area from behind the muzzle of a shotgun.

Grytorm
2011-05-29, 11:22 AM
Quietly Brutus follows, somewhat nervous and slightly ashamed he hasn't done much of use. After a few minutes of walking he says, "Interrogator, permission requested to move on ahead to scout for hostiles?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-29, 09:14 PM
((sorry, i thought i posted this))

besides the fact that he was killed by something other than a weapon you find nothing critical to your mission. you find his ship ID that says that he is a gunner with the ventral CIWS, it also gives his name Darl Reek.

The inquisitor has given us free reign, well see where we end up going. our primary objective now is to widen the vision of our little boarding party, get some of the larger perspective rather than just the corridors between the airlock and the bridge. he pauses for a moment Nihilius, that auspex should have a map of the ship on it, take us to the forward armory. we'll circle back from there. Brutus will take point, i want Vox contact every 5 minutes or less.

Grytorm
2011-05-29, 10:55 PM
"Right sir. Nihilius how long of a walk are we in for? If it is more than twenty minutes I need to know. And may I suggest a two minute lead for me?" Brutus says as he readies his sword and prepares to activate the stummer.

((Is the scouting going to be kept secret from other characters? Or will everyone know the details of my gruesome and unfortunate death ?:smalltongue:))

Emperor Ing
2011-05-29, 11:45 PM
A two minute lead would be inadvisable. The techpriest explains as he scans the auspex as to the layout of the ship, looking specifically for his relative position against what the armory would be. Furthermore I would respectfully suggest we maintain visual contact.

((Well once we find your corpse in a better state than your death was, you can tell us every gruesome detail. :smallwink:))

Hundenal
2011-05-30, 12:51 AM
"I would agree with Nihilius, a two minute lead seems too far. If you are attacked, by a warp spawn or otherwise, it would take about a minute for us to run to you, and a minute fighting the warp is all it takes..."

The_Shaman
2011-05-30, 02:39 AM
Uriah seems to smile within the helmet. I agree. A big lead will mean that if you see or encounter something, we will most likely be unable to reach you in time.

ellna
2011-05-30, 06:52 AM
Nathaniel nods at the others assessment and falls back behind Brutus awaiting his lead.

Grytorm
2011-05-30, 10:39 AM
"I would suggest you use your own judgment. I do not intend to engage, and I would prefer enough of a distance to ensure that you are not noticed." Brutus says sword in hand. When he makes his first turn he activates the stummer and recites a silent prayer that it would last.

((Rolling three awareness rolls Target (33 attribute) [roll0], [roll1], [roll2]. And three Silent Move Rolls Target (65 = attribute + stummer) [roll3], [roll4], [roll5].))

Hundenal
2011-05-30, 02:25 PM
"Perhaps there is someone with more expeince than I for this decision, but I would give him a minute at most."

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-30, 02:51 PM
((brutus gets to choose what information he relays back to the main party unless they can hear it happening as well))

Go as far a head as you want Brutus, just stay in vox contact. says Killean

Hundenal
2011-05-30, 02:53 PM
Iacton steps back, muttering, "When we find his body, it's his fault..."

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-30, 03:12 PM
Killean chuckles, Brutus's fault of course, isn't that the point? now then, pick up the pace, lets get this finished.

Emperor Ing
2011-05-30, 03:48 PM
Certainly. Brutus, you will continue down this hallway, then take your first right that is not impeded by a bulkhead. After which your first bulkhead-protected door on your left must be bypassed. Then... ((to open the bulk head, put your left foot in, and put your left foot out. You put your left foot in and you shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around, that's what it's all about. Sorry, I had to. :smalltongue:))
Nihilius relays directions audibly to the armory.

Hundenal
2011-05-30, 04:51 PM
Ensuring his pistol is ready, Iacton waits with the group for Brutus to get a lead.

The_Shaman
2011-05-30, 05:46 PM
Uriah sighs. "Reckless of him, I think. I suggest we keep relatively close by, even if it turns out there's nothing here now."

Grytorm
2011-05-30, 10:42 PM
Brutus moves out as silently as he can. All the while listening carefully. If he hears anything he stops to and tries to make out what it is. And decides whether or not to continue when he encounters it. ((At the first bulkhead he stops and thinks, "What do I put my left foot in"))

((Whites not a color! Hint hint. Search [roll0]))

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-31, 12:24 AM
You progress through the ship for about 20 nerve-wracking minutes, in that time Nihilius guesses you have traversed half the way to the forward armory. all of you feel like it has been the longest 20 minutes of your life, everyone especially Brutus has been seeing things out of the corner of their eyes, malignant things running soundlessly along the pipes overhead or peering with red eyes at you from the ventilation grates. but when you look they are never there.

its worse for Iacton who feels an oppressive weight pushing down upon him both mentally and physically. there is something evil on this ship, a part of it is from the warp, but it is nothing like you have ever felt before. you look to Killean to see how he is being affected and although his body language is calm his skin is paper white and beaded with sweat. from time to time he furrows his brow and mutters something.

Emperor Ing
2011-05-31, 01:03 AM
Sound check. Continue down this hallway to a 5-way intersection. Take the 135 degree angled hallway clockwise, zeroed in on your position. Continue through the bulkhead door....

The_Shaman
2011-05-31, 06:04 AM
Uriah seems somewhat twitchy, and probably feels a lot more strained than he lets on, but does what he can to get on with the mission. He almost inaudibly mutters something under his breath on and on in the dialect of his hive world, then turns to Killean.

Sir, this is far removed from any cases I've been on, and you are the one with the most experience in such an atmosphere. Anything you can advise?

ellna
2011-05-31, 07:14 AM
Following steadily Nathaniel checks his rifle sliding the bolt back. Making sure the bullet lies chambered and then sliding it back into place. Touching his sword's handle by his side he reassures himself. He pauses for a deep breath of the stale ship air before contining. "I don't like this one bit. Does anyone see contacts? Because I feel them. I just know they are there, but where?And what?"

Grytorm
2011-05-31, 06:34 PM
When his stummer runs out of batteries Brutus pauses for a moment. Something was out their, and he was a lot noisier now. At least three times he had spotted eyes, so whatever it was, they knew he was here. It might be wise to be a bit closer to the group. Then at least they would know what killed him horribly instead of suffering the same fate. At the junction he pauses for half a minute before continuing. Now edgier than ever.

Hundenal
2011-05-31, 07:22 PM
Iacton walks with the group, keeping his pistol ready in one hand, and holding his psy-focus tightly in the other. His eyes are constantly darting around, and he is silently following and drenched in sweat.

Leniad
2011-06-01, 04:07 PM
Kaarl walks along the group. shotgun ready and oblivious to any warp presence or danger.

Hawkfrost000
2011-06-01, 11:24 PM
At first it is hardly noticeable but after a few minutes there is no mistaking. the pressure that has been pushing steadily on you, your mind, body and soul. is now decreasing. it eases away, until it almost fades into the background but is still there, like the far off keen of some strange and unknowable flutes.

Emperor Ing
2011-06-02, 01:53 AM
Sound check. Take a left on the upcoming T-intersection. Move down the holy and immaculate maintenance crawlspace, the ladder to should be visible on your upcoming right. Not only does this prove to be a valuable shortcut but an excellent opportunity to admire the workings of the Machine God. Continue straight down the crawlspace to a bulkhead door. If you come out of a hallway stretching to your left and right, move towards the bulkhead door that is at your 135 degree angle clockwise. The armory should be just past it.

Grytorm
2011-06-02, 09:31 AM
Upon arrival at the ladder Brutus climbs it and looks around, if it is large enough to walk in he proceeds, if not he radios back- "At crawlspace, if hostiles arrive while in it I will be in very dangerous situation. Alternative routes requested for consideration and estimated delay."

((Awareness [roll0] Target 33

ellna
2011-06-02, 09:48 AM
Nathaniel continues on through the empty corridors of the ship. He recites the Profession of Faith with a steady voice. "With all my strength, With all my will, With every fibre of my soul, I pledge my soul and my Faith, To the Immortal Emperor, Shepherd of Humanity." But his hands grip his rifle with a tightness that makes them white as bone. Finishing his recitation his breaths a deep breath and forcing himself to relax, loosening his grip of the rifle. "The calm of the breeze, the patience of a saint."

Hundenal
2011-06-02, 04:11 PM
Iacton continues with the group, keeping his pistol out, but now walking noticeably easier. He turns to see how Killean has fared the psycic onslaught, saying "It is a great relief to have that...phenomenon...behind us. I can only wonder what it was, or if it will be back..."

Hawkfrost000
2011-06-02, 08:13 PM
Killean stops in his tracks its fading... but how? then he addresses Nihilius Check the schematics, look for anything specific we passed over the last 5 minutes or so.

Emperor Ing
2011-06-02, 08:22 PM
The Machine Spirit fights these usurpers even today. Despite this completely legitimate explanation, the technographer knows to over the schematics, reviewing the path for anything that appears significant that the group may have passed.
Huh, it would appear that there is a hangar three levels below us. An estimated 5 minutes of backtracking would be required.

ellna
2011-06-02, 08:31 PM
"So the Cause could be in the the hanger then. Permission to check Sir? "

Hundenal
2011-06-02, 09:04 PM
"The hanger... Could the people of this ship have brought something aboard? And if it's in the hanger, they probably brought it in on one of their own ships..."

Hawkfrost000
2011-06-02, 09:51 PM
Let's check it out, it could be too important to ignore. he activates his compact vox set. Inquisitor, we think we have located the source of the warp disturbance, primary hanger. Permission to investigate? a reply crackles over the vox and Killean nods. we have permission, proceed to the hanger.

to Randomizer

Nihilius realizes that the most efficient route will take you through several crawlspaces similar to the one Brutus encountered. any alternative route will have to take an elevator and preliminary scans indicate that they are non functional.

Grytorm
2011-06-02, 10:23 PM
"Returning to group, will resume scouting when a course of action is chosen. Will hanger objective be reconnaissance or elimination." overhearing the conversation, Brutus sighs and radios his response. After a moment he begins his walk back to the team. Why even bother with it? We're blowing up the whole ship anyway.

Hundenal
2011-06-02, 11:23 PM
Iacton walks with the group, generally staying near Killean. "What could cause such a disturbance in the warp? Is this the artifact we're looking for, or was that on the rogue trader?"
And will we stand a chance when we find it...

Emperor Ing
2011-06-03, 11:49 AM
The elevators appear to be nonfunctional. Brutus' latent claustrophobia aside, moving through maintenance ducts and crawlspaces appears to be the best option.

The_Shaman
2011-06-03, 04:34 PM
Uriah has been silent, as he does not consider himself knowledgeable in such dark matters. Something inside him suggests that it might be necessary to remedy that, even if such knowledge is nigh blasphemous - if he is to dispense the Emperor's Justice, he may need to know just what it is he is judging. That it might help him survive is also an important issue.

I had the feeling we were being watched for a while, he opines. Is that how it is supposed to feel, or perhaps we were feeling whatever was behind this... disturbance?

ellna
2011-06-03, 04:49 PM
"I was sure that someone was watching me from one of the corridors or dark recesses of this ship. It felt unnatural. Perhaps it is some beast of the warp that has killed all the others on this ship. I only hope that we are strong enough to withstand what ever can decimate a ships crew so easily. The emperor provides are strength so that we might serve him and only with his light can we hope to uncover what disturbs this ship." Nathaniel moves with the group towards the hanger.

Leniad
2011-06-03, 08:12 PM
Kaarl follows without question. his mind not big enough to comprehend the idea of the warp and its magical powers. ((hes dumb...)) he still feels that something horribly wrong will happen...

Grytorm
2011-06-04, 06:40 PM
Upon returning to the group Brutus says, "Ready to walk wherever a whim guides us. And whatever those idle thoughts our earn us another day in the Emperors service."

Hawkfrost000
2011-06-06, 11:26 PM
the walk and crawl through the mantinance ducts is creepy but harmless. however the warp pressure is increasing as you draw closer to the hanger.

to Hundenal

It does not feel like a presence, such as that of a deamon. its something else, different but still powerful and dangerous

as you exit the crawlspace you enter into a wider than average corridor. but something about it stops you dead in your tracks. 3 large spikes or thorns of metal are jutting from the wall, although made of metal they seem to have grown there of their own accord. one of them impales a corpse that seems in better condition than the one that you encountered earlier.

Emperor Ing
2011-06-06, 11:32 PM
The techpriest scans the spikes. Irreverend growths.

ellna
2011-06-06, 11:39 PM
"They seem to have grown from the ship. This isn't a warp phenomenon I've heard of before. Lets hope no more sprout to take us." Nathaniel moves over to the Corpse impaled apon the Spike and gives it a quick inspection. Keeping his rifle trained on it until he is again sure it's not moving.

[roll0] Search vs 18.

Hawkfrost000
2011-06-07, 01:17 AM
((missing a 1 there ellna))

The_Shaman
2011-06-07, 06:00 AM
Uriah approaches the spikes warily, and examines them for a moment before turning his attention to the corpse alongside Nathaniel, whispering a prayer quietly to calm his nerves and sharpen his eyes in such a dark place.

search: [roll0]; Target: 22, helping if the check allows for cooperation

ellna
2011-06-07, 08:59 AM
[roll0] Search vs 18 I was all happy with that last one

Grytorm
2011-06-07, 06:39 PM
"Did these grow from the wall to impale the man or to was he thrown onto it?" Brutus looks at the spikes closely, trying to note anything odd about and trying to fathom what they are made of.

[roll0] Target 16

Hundenal
2011-06-07, 06:56 PM
"Turning the ship into a weapon? What could possibly do this? Killean, has anything like this been seen before?" Iacton says, as he walks over to inspect the corpse, looking primarily for a weapon or anything that shows if the person had died fighting. "I wonder if he saw what could have done this... I don't suppose it matters much now though..."

Search [roll0]

Hawkfrost000
2011-06-10, 01:34 AM
Killean snaps at Iacton This ship is already a weapon capable of scorching continents, no that is not their objective. The Entity employed a form of mind control on the populace of the planet were we encountered it last. it is a manipulator and a deceiver, rather than a destroyer.

you continue to examine the spines for a few more seconds, they appear to be made of the same grey gunmetal as the rest of the ship. but they feel disturbingly warm. then suddenly the corpse moves, twitching and flailing at you like some kind of demented marionette. then it slowly slides itself off the spine. you notice smaller thorns growing from the larger spine that are hooking long strips of flesh and organs, but the creature is heedless of the damage or the pain that any sane being would be feeling.

as its body leaves the spine it lets out a long ululating scream, that echoes into silence and then is repeated by a dozen rotting, inhuman throats. KILL IT, BY THE EMPEROR KILL IT!!!! screams Killean in horror.

The_Shaman
2011-06-10, 07:09 AM
Uriah, startled, steps back and hopes the shock hasn't dulled his reactions - there have been quite a few unnerving sights he's seen in his hive, but that was thankfully not one of them. Then again, the training they all went through was meant to make sure their hands knew how to kill even when before their minds commanded it.

As in slow motion - and to him it does seem slow - his shotgun whips in position.

((Can we immediately roll initiative - or is there a fear check involved first?))

ellna
2011-06-10, 07:18 AM
((I knew it never trust a weird corpse.))

Nathaniel is glad of the rifle between them as the corpse starts to move. He take a step back bring the rifle to firing position. He aims and squeezes the trigger.

BS:[roll0]vs 50+10Accurate+10Red dot Sight+10half aim+30point blank=110
Oh and in case Init is needed: [roll1]
Or WP test for creepy zombie thingie.[roll2] WP=31

Grytorm
2011-06-10, 09:48 AM
As he lashed out with his sword Brutus silently pleaded that whatever this thing was it was not far tougher than a mortal man.

Initiative [roll0]
Sword Attack [roll1] Target 47 = 42 WS + 5 Good Quality Blade
Sword Damage [roll2] Penetration 2

Hundenal
2011-06-10, 11:41 AM
Horrified by the monstrosity of the warp before him, Iacton raises his pistol, flipping the ammo to dum-dum rounds, and fires three shots at the creature.

First Shot: [roll0] Target= 34(BS)+10(Semi Auto burst)+30 (point blank)=74
Second Shot: [roll1] Target = Same
Third Shot [roll2] Target = Same

If initiative is needed [roll3]
(I thinkI did the semiauto burst correctly...)

Hundenal
2011-06-10, 11:44 AM
(Sorry, double post, I forgot to do damage and can't edit in rolls...)

Shot 1 damage: [roll]1d10+5[roll] armor counts double
Shot 2: [roll0], same pen

and I messed up again... I'm not gonna triple post

Emperor Ing
2011-06-10, 12:20 PM
((Fortunately you don't have to :smallsmile:))
The techpriest levels his lascarbine on the dead flesh given life. There are others. It's the only explanation for those inhuman cries.

Target 34
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Hundenal
2011-06-10, 04:14 PM
((First damage and WP for fear))

Damage:[roll0]
Fear: [roll1] against WP of 47