PDA

View Full Version : Finding the path: Best damage dealer

zaxisdakmorr
2011-04-19, 04:42 AM
Hi all,

I'm new in Pathfinder; just got it to be exact but I was a HUGE fan of 3.5 since 2000. The question is, in your opinion, what is the biggest damage dealer class in Pathfinder (core & advanced)? I used to play heavy damage melee, insane evocating sorceror and even the fabled abjurant champion/sorc/monk. So any thoughts? Thank you. :smallbiggrin:

Curious
2011-04-19, 01:35 PM
Fighter. No, really. Weapon training, armor training, gloves of the duelist, and their boatload of feats make the fighter the best damage dealer in the game. There is a very fascinating thread on the paizo forums here: http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/advice/theDPROlympicsOrImNotTheMechanicHereIronsidesIMost lyJustHurtPeople&page=1&source=search#0

that analyzes the DPR of different builds of each class.

Gnaeus
2011-04-19, 02:45 PM
Where is that exactly? I read through the first several pages and the last several pages, and fighters didn't come close. I am not fully willing to read a 16 page thread for that one point.

Curious
2011-04-19, 05:24 PM
Gleh, I didn't read through it all the way either, but the impression I got was that generally fighters, specifically the two weapon variant, had the highest DPR of any class. There may be a few builds that surpass them though, as I didn't go more than three pages in.

HandofCrom
2011-04-19, 07:01 PM
I have a few builds in my head that you could consider.

The archer: a ranger / horizon walker. Dump everything into 1 terrain and you can get a favored enemy bonus of ~20, use a wand or custom item of instant enemy to get the bonus in other terrains, and use hunter's bond to give allies this bonus.

Cavalier of the sword: powerful ubercharger out of the box. For convenience, go halfling with a wolf. You will add mount's strength bonus on charges, along with cavalier charge bonuses.

Also, I've seen 2 hander fighter builds using the increased strength and power attack bonuses, as well as crazy summoned builds.