PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Cloistered Cleric Help!

Merellis
2011-04-19, 04:55 AM
Hello again, as usual I come for help. :P

The magic-less campaign I'm in is starting to wind down, and we're sure a TPK is coming up somewhere.

So our next one is gonna be a wacky Gestalt Campaign! :D

We're only allowed one base class on either side and one PrC on either side, no dual progression shenanigans.

I'm hoping to go Cloistered Cleric/Crusader for this, but I don't know if I'm allowed to use my spiffy new ToB yet, the DM is looking over it. Either way, I'm looking to PRC into Battlesmith for the martial side, just to up Caster Level for making weapons and armor. I mean, at lvl 8 when I take the first level of Battlesmith, my CL for Crafting Magic Arms and Armor is suddenly 11, and at level 12 when I end my Battlesmith Progression, it's now CL 27 :)

So what I'm asking is, what feats and domains would you use for a LG Dwarven Crusader/Cleric, along with what other class you would take IF TOB IS NOT ALLOWED, and we are starting at lvl 5? No flaws sadly. :(

And pre-reqs for Battlesmith are Craft (Weaponcrafting) 10 or (Armorcrafting) 10, Endurance, and Weapon Focus (Warhammer). And I need to craft a Dwarven Craft Warhammer, which I can technically do in backstory.

Thank you in advanced!

Greenish
2011-04-19, 05:28 AM
How about Law Incarnate/Ironsoul Forgemaster?

Merellis
2011-04-19, 06:55 AM
Hmm, took a look at the handbook and it seems like fun, just need to borrow my friends Incarnum to get a better look. That does look like fun~!

So slip into Incarnate/Cleric or Incarnate/Crusader? :P

Edit: Incarnate and slip into DFA. Oh god the hilarity

Merellis
2011-04-21, 06:51 AM
And now it seems that forging is a waste of time as things are easy to buy/obtain in this campaign world. And it seems ToB is out.

So now I'm thinking of perhaps going LN Dwarven Cloistered Cleric/Church Inquisitor//Fighter/??? gestalt, mostly to set up charging and use Persist.

1) Knowledge Domain, Planning Domain (Extend), Undeath Domain (Extra Turning), Persist Spell (Lvl 1 Feat), Power Attack[Fighter Bonus]
2) Combat Reflexes [Fighter Bonus]
3) DMM: Persist
4) Improved Bull Rush[Fighter Bonus], Knowledge Devotion [Inquisitor Domain = Knowledge as of ComChamp]
6) Ancestral Knowledge (Use Wisdom Bonus instead of Int for Knowledge Checks), Shocktrooper [Fighter Bonus]
8) Powerful Charge (1d8 more on a charge as medium, 2d6 large, 3d6 Huge)
9) Leap Attack
10) Greater Powerful Charge [Fighter Bonus] (Count as one size category higher)
12) Stand Still (Charge + Leap Attack+Powerful Charge + Shocktrooper, then keep them there with an AOO to Full Attack next turn) Robilar's Gambit [Fighter Bonus]
15) Extra Turning
18) Extra Turning

Not really sure what to do with Fighter after Level 12, Technically I qualify for a few divine classes based on the cleric side, and I can qualify for some Dwarven prc's as well. Just not sure what to do past level 12, any suggestions on other feats or PrC's? Or whether I should just go Fighter 20?

Greenish
2011-04-21, 06:55 AM
You could replace fighter with psywarr. Bonus feats, psychic powers (based on wis) and you get full BAB from Persisting Divine Might anyhow.

Merellis
2011-04-21, 07:13 AM
Greenish, do you always have obvious answers? XD

I like that idea, plus I can use Psionic Lions Charge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psionicLionsCharge.htm) for more shenanigans, and have that fun one called Prowess (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/prowess.htm) to assist me in the part where I keep then sitting there to be hit.

Hmm, I like how I can handle this.

Aergoth
2011-04-21, 07:17 AM
I take it that we're going for the "hit things with a stick and magic on the side?"
So that rules out taking warmage? It'd restrict you a little at the start in terms of armor, but then you could multiclass into Geomancer (from Complete Divine). Mixing and matching elements of divine and arcane spellcasting is amusing to say the least.

Merellis
2011-04-21, 08:12 AM
Well, I felt like making a character for melee, and still have some magic to be used. Though I am also basing this off of only two people in our group being melee out of the six/seven we have.

If it turns out we need more base spellcasting/buffers then off I go to cleric/Inquisitor//bard/Sublime Chord, but that's only if I need to.

1)Know Domain, Planning Domain, undeath domain, Power Attack, Persist
2) Combat Reflexes
3) DMM Persist
5) Improved Bullrush
6) Ancestral Knowledge
8)Shocktrooper
9)Leap Attack
11)Powerful Charge
12) Stand Still
14) Greater Powerful Charge
15)Extra Turning
17)Robilar's Gambit