PDA

View Full Version : *Cry* My group is goooonnee! :(

randomhero00
2011-04-19, 12:04 PM
I'm serious when I say I'm actually feeling withdrawl and its only been a month. The day we played I now get depressed. Ya I'm a huge geek, yata yata.

What can I do to take its place until I find a new group!?

I've tried that dreadful WoW but it hasn't helped.

(hope its ok I posted this)

edit: Before you call me weird I should mention our game/group had been running 25 years!

LansXero
2011-04-19, 12:05 PM
Well, that depends on why is it gone, but Id say actively searching for a new one would probably fill in the time most productively. Or setting one up and taking up DMing (if you werent the DM before).

Sipex
2011-04-19, 12:06 PM
I find if I can't play I have to join a pbp or an online game. Try those routes.

Choco
2011-04-19, 12:12 PM
Join a Neverwinter Nights server.

A lot of people play that like D&D, with DM and all.

Partysan
2011-04-19, 12:32 PM
Wow. I pretty much haven't gotten over the group that dissolved because we all finished school, and that group had only existed for 5 years (and that's been 3 years now). I can't even imagine how you must feel.
If this was the LGBTAitP thread I'd offer you a hug, here let's just say I know (a little part of) your pain and feel with you. :smallsmile:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-04-19, 12:36 PM
I find if I can't play I have to join a pbp or an online game. Try those routes.

Yeah, the forums have an entire section for pbp.

Lord Vampyre
2011-04-19, 12:40 PM
Typically, when I find myself in a gaming lull, for the lack of a gaming group, I tend to develop various character concepts, campaign scenarios, and adventure threads. On top of this, I tend to increase how much I play video games, read various novels, and watch TV.

The honest truth is that there really is nothing that takes that dull ache away, except another game. Unfortunately, finding the right game can be an epic quest. Each gaming group has a different dynamic, so the best thing I can tell you is not to expect to find one exactly like your last group.

randomhero00
2011-04-19, 12:41 PM
Wow. I pretty much haven't gotten over the group that dissolved because we all finished school, and that group had only existed for 5 years (and that's been 3 years now). I can't even imagine how you must feel.
If this was the LGBTAitP thread I'd offer you a hug, here let's just say I know (a little part of) your pain and feel with you. :smallsmile:

Thanks. (secret hug back) :smallsmile:

That actually makes me feel a bit better.

My group disbanded for an extremely odd incident that if I told you-you probably wouldn't believe me.

Lord Vampyre
2011-04-19, 12:44 PM
My group disbanded for an extremely odd incident that if I told you-you probably wouldn't believe me.

As the old saying goes, "Truth is stranger than fiction." You'd probably be surprised by how many people will actually believe you. Besides, I would be interested in hearing the tale.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-04-19, 12:52 PM
Thanks. (secret hug back) :smallsmile:

That actually makes me feel a bit better.

Try it anyway...unless it is personal.

And I kind of understand you... my first group resolved after just a year or two of playing (I still see my friends; but we don't play RPG together any more)

randomhero00
2011-04-19, 12:59 PM
Ok, but I'm keeping it brief and a bit vague. I don't want to draw any attention to my friend (you'll see why in a sec).

My friend was arrested! He's innocent, all of his friends know it. But they're keeping him locked up.

At the same time a different friend and regular to the game, his mother nearly died! She needs in home care now and he has to stay with her 24/7 because he's retired and doesn't have enough to hire a nurse.

Another friend joined the army all of a sudden (he was our youngest player)!

One player moved halfway across the state.

And finally one sorta of moved to finally go to college

All of this happened within about a month!

Samurai Jill
2011-04-19, 01:40 PM
Ok, but I'm keeping it brief and a bit vague...
...All of this happened within about a month!
Yeech. That's gotta sting. No opportunity to induct new recruits or anything.
*hugs*

Teln
2011-04-19, 01:59 PM
Ouch. You got hit with a perfect storm, there. Have you checked out the scene at your FLGS yet (assuming you have one)?

randomhero00
2011-04-19, 02:01 PM
Ya, unfortunately there aint no pickins.

Telonius
2011-04-19, 02:56 PM
Ok, but I'm keeping it brief and a bit vague. I don't want to draw any attention to my friend (you'll see why in a sec).

My friend was arrested! He's innocent, all of his friends know it. But they're keeping him locked up.

At the same time a different friend and regular to the game, his mother nearly died! She needs in home care now and he has to stay with her 24/7 because he's retired and doesn't have enough to hire a nurse.

Another friend joined the army all of a sudden (he was our youngest player)!

One player moved halfway across the state.

And finally one sorta of moved to finally go to college

All of this happened within about a month!

I think I've discerned the problem: you picked the wrong hobby. See, if you were in a band, at this point you'd go back home to find some orphanage or other that's about to be closed down. You'd have to embark on some epic quest to bring everybody back together for one last gig, bust your friend out of jail, save the orphanage, and get the girl.

So, my advice? Check in on the nearest orphanage and see if they need a benefit gaming session.

Skaven
2011-04-19, 05:04 PM
I feel for you, WoW killed my group.

Tried NWN? They have online PWs many of which are good for roleplaying.

Toofey
2011-04-19, 05:56 PM
why are hugs LGBT? Hug that **** out!

Also I would say try and find a new group, if you want to keep playing that is.

Severus
2011-04-19, 06:00 PM
My sympathies.

I married my favorite GM to ensure I was never cut off!

Xefas
2011-04-19, 06:48 PM
Last time I found myself without a group, I took up nighttime vigilantism, filling my usual gaming nights with the stalking and subsequent unlawful apprehension of suspected members of the criminal underworld. I knew my activities would lead me on a slippery ethical slope, so I committed myself to a strict code of honor, never to kill, and never to endanger the innocent in my pursuit of justice.

And then I formed a new gaming group and it was all good.

I hope this helps.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-04-19, 06:51 PM
Last time I found myself without a group, I took up nighttime vigilantism, filling my usual gaming nights with the stalking and subsequent unlawful apprehension of suspected members of the criminal underworld. I knew my activities would lead me on a slippery ethical slope, so I committed myself to a strict code of honor, never to kill, and never to endanger the innocent in my pursuit of justice.

And then I formed a new gaming group and it was all good.

I hope this helps.

*rolls sense motive* Natural 20!