PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf bites

Seth62
2011-04-19, 07:17 PM
What happens if a werewolf bites a wolf? Do they become a carrier.

IthroZada
2011-04-19, 07:24 PM
Curse of Lycanthropy (Su)

Any humanoid or giant hit by a werebear’s bite attack in animal or hybrid form must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or contract lycanthropy.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm

So, the answer is no. Only humanoids or giants are affected, not animals.

byaku rai
2011-04-19, 07:25 PM
He's right. It would be really awesome though.

Amnestic
2011-04-19, 07:25 PM
Curse of the Werewolf only applies lycanthropy to humanoids or giants. It would have no effect on animals.

There might be Wolfweres (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfwere) which according to wikipedia actually originated in D&D (or at least were popularised by it), but I haven't seen them in 3.5 myself.

Kantolin
2011-04-19, 08:03 PM
Out of random curiosity... giant? Why are giants on that list? Are there historical stories of were-giants?

...or is this a case of 'Well, there should be!' which I can accept. :P It just seems odd that that's thrown in there, but not for (say) monstrous humanoids, so you can have a were-stone giant but not a were-ogreCentaur.

Edit: Ogres aren't monstrous humanoids. Huh, I've been screwing that up for awhile.

IthroZada
2011-04-19, 08:05 PM
Out of random curiosity... giant? Why are giants on that list? Are there historical stories of were-giants?

...or is this a case of 'Well, there should be!' which I can accept. :P It just seems odd that that's thrown in there, but not for (say) monstrous humanoids, so you can have a were-stone giant but not a were-ogre.

Ogres are giants. You can't have stuff like were minotaur.

Amnestic
2011-04-19, 08:12 PM
Ogres are giants. You can't have stuff like were minotaur.

Well you could. Sort of. Not by the base rules of course, but rather by definition. A Wereminotaur would be a human who could change form into a Minotaur-Human hybrid and a full Minotaur. A Minotaurwolf would be a Minotaur afflicted by a modified version of lycanthropy which works on Monstrous Humanoids.

I'm nitpicking though. Were=Human(oid). "Giantwolf" sounds awesome, but doesn't really evoke the same sort of image as Werewolf :smalltongue:

Leon
2011-04-19, 11:46 PM
Every Full Moon it turns into a Human