PDA

View Full Version : Triton Race for Pathfinder

Elegonn
2011-04-19, 07:45 PM
I have about two years of 3.5 experience and a good deal of pathfinder experience, but almost no homebrew experience. I have tried to make a race for the triton like smallworld. Please help and advise.
Triton
+2 Constitution, +2 Intellegence, -2 Charisma Tritons are strong and intelligent but unable to understand the social norms of the land people
Medium: Tritons are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Slow Speed: On land, tritons have a 20 ft speed do to their clumsiness on land
Swim Speed: Tritons have a swim speed of 30 ft along with a continuous free movement as freedom of movement (Ex) but only in water for the purposes of moving or acting in the water, tritons can hold their breath for 10+Con Bonus minutes and drown half as fast
Call of the Sea: Tritons gain fast healing 1 while at least half submerged in water and may charm as charm animal (Su) up to 5 HD of porpoises
Triton Proficiencies:All tritons are proficient with Tridents, Nets, and any weapon with the word triton in it.
Underwater Skill:Tritons suffer no penalty to perception and do not suffer the bends
Languages: Tritons begin play speaking Common, Aquan, and may communicate with porpoises. Tritons with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Celestial, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Elf, and Sylvan.

I am thinking it may be a bit to powerful:smallconfused:; tell me what you think.

Elegonn
2011-04-19, 08:39 PM
Boat Mastery-Tritons get +2 to Proffesion (Sailor) and Craft (Shipmaking)

Tanuki Tales
2011-04-19, 09:40 PM
Actually looks weaker than Tieflings or Aasimar or even both variety of Drow.

Elegonn
2011-04-19, 11:24 PM
Actually looks weaker than Tieflings or Aasimar or even both variety of Drow.

What would you recommend? Was this evaluation with or without boat mastery.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2011-04-20, 12:07 AM
+2 Constitution, +2 Intellegence, -2 Charisma Tritons are strong and intelligent but unable to understand the social norms of the land people
Medium: Tritons are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Slow Speed: On land, tritons have a 20 ft speed do to their clumsiness on land
Swim Speed: Tritons have a swim speed of 30 ft along with a continuous free movement as freedom of movement (Ex) but only in water for the purposes of moving or acting in the water, tritons can hold their breath for 10+Con Bonus minutes and drown half as fast
Call of the Sea: Tritons gain fast healing 1 while at least half submerged in water and may charm as charm animal (Su) up to 5 HD of porpoises
Triton Proficiencies:All tritons are proficient with Tridents, Nets, and any weapon with the word triton in it.
Underwater Skill:Tritons suffer no penalty to perception and do not suffer the bends
Languages: Tritons begin play speaking Common, Aquan, and may communicate with porpoises. Tritons with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Celestial, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Elf, and Sylvan.

The water fast healing is interesting. Like most aquatic races, they're really only playable in aquatic or semi-aquatic campaigns. I'd say it looks good, and may be overpowered if you're doing an all-aquatic campaign.

Elegonn
2011-04-20, 09:02 AM
Water Finding- tritons gain +2 to survival checks to find water and can detect poison in water
Triton Fighting- Tritons have +2 to reposition and disarm maneuvers but -2 to trip maneuvers

Elegonn
2011-04-20, 09:05 AM
I intend for this race to be a PC playable race but maybe not in an aquatic focused game. So they should be at least somewhat useful on land.