PDA

View Full Version : Server Downtime or Just Me?

Sacrieur
2011-04-19, 09:20 PM
So I've been getting a lot of busy signals from this site, getting the ill-fated, "The server is too busy right now, please try again later." Is this just happening to me, or everyone? And if everyone, does it mean the server is overloaded?

Neftren
2011-04-19, 10:07 PM
Yes, this happens quite often around 8-12p EST, at least, for me. It's pretty usual. Your post probably hasn't gone through if you were trying to post, so just be patient and wait a few minutes before trying again. I wouldn't keep backing and hitting submit over and over again though, as that just adds to the overload problem.

Sacrieur
2011-04-20, 01:41 AM
It seems like server resources are overloaded, rather than network resources being overloaded. There are some times I try to connect and I get an error saying that the URL is offline.

Is the server hosted by some 3rd party or by the owner of the site? Either or, any chance we could fix the problem =/

Roland St. Jude
2011-04-20, 11:10 AM
Sheriff: Thread locked and Rawhide can post through the lock if he has any additional information he'd like to add, but in general, we don't publicly discuss our website issues or Rich's business model.