PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a prince of persia indiana jones build.

Hazzardevil
2011-04-20, 07:42 AM
I came up with this idea for a whip twf build recently. It would involve taking afew levels of tempest and dervish, a level of bard or fighter for whip proficency and intimidate stuff.

That way since with a whip I threaten up to three squares away, intimidate seems like a good idea too.
Using that heroic class Rich made, a super pwerd evl side should be able to be fitted in too.

Now I need you playgrounders to help meput this together.

Heliomance
2011-04-20, 07:54 AM
If 3.0 material is kosher, Sword and Fist (or possibly Song and Silence, I forget) has the Lasher PrC, which is entirely designed around whip use.

Pechvarry
2011-04-20, 09:40 AM
The whip is treated as a melee weapon with 15-foot reach, though you don’t threaten the area into which you can make an attack. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, you can use it against foes anywhere within your reach (including adjacent foes). Using a whip provokes an attack of opportunity, just as if you had used a ranged weapon.

And lasher is sword and fist (as is the whip dagger).

Hazzardevil
2011-04-20, 07:11 PM
Oh, is there any way I can threaten more than 10 ft away to intimidate then?
I have no idea how to.

Curious
2011-04-20, 07:27 PM
Use a halberd or other regular reach weapon with the Pathfinder Lunge feat, which extends your reach by 5', and the shortened haft or whatever feat from 3.5 that allows you to threaten within 5 feet of you as well. Done.

grarrrg
2011-04-20, 08:37 PM
Use a halberd or other regular reach weapon with the Pathfinder Lunge feat, which extends your reach by 5', and the shortened haft or whatever feat from 3.5 that allows you to threaten within 5 feet of you as well. Done.

Keep this in mind about Lunge
"...by 5 feet until the end of your turn..."
Doesn't last past your turn, so no extra range AoO's.

There are 2 options for the other one
Shorten Grip, or Short Haft
Grip gives you a -2 penalty on attack rolls, but you can freely use reach or not.
Haft has no attack penalty, but you have to 'switch modes', it is EITHER close OR reach.

Greenish
2011-04-21, 10:34 AM
Use a halberd or other regular reach weaponHalberd has no reach, and Indiana Jones/Prince of Persia says "factotum" to me.

See the Fear handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809.0) to learn how to make 'em respect you.

askandarion
2011-04-21, 12:18 PM
What's dervish get you in this build? Doesn't it require slashing weapons to use most of the class features?