PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 103: Guy with a Scythe vs. Lunaticus

ArenaManager
2011-04-20, 02:15 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 103: Guy with a Scythe vs. Lunaticus

Map:http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5937/07candles2.png
The outer Arena walls for this map are 30 ft high, with a Climb DC of 30.
Unattended lightsources are extinguished at the end of each players turn. Spells count as attended if they have Duration: Concentration or target you/carried equipment.

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Guy with a Scythe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=214781) - Sanity702
Lunaticus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=281599) - TheFallenOne

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare final purchases, if any. Remember that this is a single elimination Endurance tournament; all damage and effects carry over, with one hour between matches.

TheFallenOne
2011-04-20, 02:24 PM
I think I remember you saying something about fearing this one, right? :smallamused:

[roll0]

Lunaticus has 13/13 HP
Furball I has 22/25 HP

purchases:
Potion Shield of Faith - 50 GP
Martial Script Shadow Blade Technique - 50 GP
masterwork longsowrd, sell normal longsword - 307,5 GP

all except

Wizibirb
2011-04-20, 02:30 PM
well I am not looking forward to this fight at all but... sometimes you got to bite the bullet man up and take a beating.

[roll0]

Purchasing a Guisarme (-9 gp) Still may have reactionary buys.

Wizibirb
2011-04-20, 02:39 PM
That fear was reduced slightly when I realized you don't have Rage claws.

However yes still worries me hmmm looks like you go first.

HP 10/11

TheFallenOne
2011-04-20, 02:40 PM
well, you may have my Optifu Bluescreen of Death. I can't shape Rageclaws because that meld has the mindaffecting descriptor, which I'm immune to. That certainly ups your chances here.

You know, one often sees people making questionable feat choices, but I managed to select a feat that has no effect whatsoever in any imaginable situation. Try to beat that.

anyway, Lunaticus starts in Y10/Z11 mounted, shield equipped, script and lit bullseye lantern pointing east in hand, potion Shield of Faith in mouth. Furball has lit sunrod in mouth

no reactionaries, ready once you declare starting disposition

TheFallenOne
2011-04-20, 02:53 PM
why 10/11 HP? Sheet says you have 12

did you somehow mess up your sheet? The feat, items and skills sections is suddenly blank

Wizibirb
2011-04-20, 03:06 PM
*cries*

Damn it. looks like my sheet glitched..... :smallfrown:

Can you give me a moment to try and fix my sheet?

:smallfrown:

I am now sad.

TheFallenOne
2011-04-20, 03:08 PM
take your time. Hope you remember everything

Wizibirb
2011-04-20, 03:19 PM
Sorry it should be
11/12 hp

and I should of fixed my sheet I hope... Still unsure if I have the right skills but... eh

TheFallenOne
2011-04-20, 03:31 PM
looks good enough, no idea about which skills you had though

Lunaticus Turn 1

Maneuver rolls
Top down, in order

Crusaders Strike
Vanguard Strike
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Leading the Attack
[roll0] [roll1]

Free: drop lantern in Z10, southeast corner, pointing west go get look at your starting location
Standard: read martial script. Drop used remains
Swift: Martial Spirit stance
mount moves to Y6/Z7

done

Stats
HP 13/13
AC 18, 11, 17
Delayed Damage Pool 0/5

Readied maneuvers:
Shadow Blade Technique
Douse the Flames
Stone Bones

Martial Spirit ~

Wizibirb
2011-04-20, 03:45 PM
Starting in b-10

scythe left outside arena :smallsigh: I know right

holding guisarme in both hands

move to J-10

ready an action -

attempt to trip if he gets within 10ft/tries to attack with a melee weapon.

END TURN

TheFallenOne
2011-04-20, 04:04 PM
sorry, should have noted my move brought my outside LoS, was just too lazy to spoiler it

you may now not live up to your name, but reach weapon is the better choice overall

Lunaticus Turn 2

Maneuver roll
Top down, in order

Crusaders Strike
Vanguard Strike
Leading the Attack
[roll0]/SPOILER]

Standard: drink potion, drop vial
move back in LoS in X10/Y11
Lunaticus dismounts into Z10. Attempt fast dismount, DC 20 [roll1]
If fail, dismounting is a move action. On success, draw longsword with remaining move action

done

Stats
[SPOILER]HP 13/13
AC 20, 13, 19
Delayed Damage Pool 0/5

Readied maneuvers:
Shadow Blade Technique
Douse the Flames
Stone Bones

Shield of Faith 10/10
Martial Spirit ~

Wizibirb
2011-04-20, 04:23 PM
hmmmm to go for it or not to go for it....

I guess its best to play it safe.

Move to R-11

Ready an action -

Move if he moves/readies an action

TheFallenOne
2011-04-20, 04:27 PM
Lunaticus Turn 3

Maneuver roll
Top down, in order

Crusaders Strike
Leading the Attack
[roll0]

"Need an invitation? One sec."
Longsword to mouth
move: draw sling
Standard: sling attack [roll1] includes -4 for cover because Furball is between us
[roll2]
drop sling, longsword to hand

done

Stats
HP 13/13
AC 20, 13, 19
Delayed Damage Pool 0/5

Readied maneuvers:
Shadow Blade Technique
Douse the Flames
Stone Bones
Vanguard Strike

Shield of Faith 9/10
Martial Spirit ~[/QUOTE]

woooo negative 1 :smallbiggrin:

Wizibirb
2011-04-20, 04:41 PM
I demand that you hit your horse with that crit fumble! (obviously sarcasm)

haha nice nat 1

quick question - can I reach you with a reach weapon from x-9 x-8?

TheFallenOne
2011-04-20, 04:44 PM
two diagonals, yes you can. I'd have cover though from Furball

Wizibirb
2011-04-20, 04:49 PM
Thats what I thought but couldn't remember oh well time to go big or go home *hopes its go big*

Move to x-8

Free pray to the gods of dice

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Wizibirb
2011-04-20, 04:50 PM
Wait why didn't I trip.......... :smallfrown: ohh well pretty sure its yours now.

TheFallenOne
2011-04-20, 04:55 PM
well, you wouldn't have gotten an AoO for me standing up anyway because of cover

Lunaticus Turn 4

Move: mount Furball
[roll0] DC 10
on failure I can't attack myself when Furball attacks

TheFallenOne
2011-04-20, 05:04 PM
Initiative maneuver: Vanguard Strike
[roll0]
[roll1]

if I hit, Furball gets a +4 bonus on his attack rolls
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

oh, right... I of course took the immediate for DR 5, which renders me confused and forces me to attack you. Which I of course do

It may be I can't decide to saddle my horse when confused. In that case scratch the mounting, I'll instead 5 foot step to Y9. Distract 1 from Lunaticus' attack

done

Wizibirb
2011-04-20, 05:07 PM
huh looks like thats the end of me I most likely needed law devotion to have survived that but it was used up last round...

and its not so much that It would of of been the AoO it is just that I needed to remove the +4 ac from cover.

yea I need a higher ac.... :smallfrown:

haha I noticed that.... I just needed to have law devotion >.>

GG next time (there won't be one I know) but I will win!

TheFallenOne
2011-04-20, 05:10 PM
err, wait a second. I forgot to declare a 5 foot step for Furball, so I'm outta attack range.

I'm not sure what happens now. I think I could get a rewind to the first attack that wiffed because of lacking range(the Vanguard Strike), then 5 foot step and let Furball kill you

if I can't mount Furball when confused he attacks on his own outside my control to defend me(defend trick), so he'd make the step, then kill you

neverethless, let's get a Ref. You may well live because of my screwup

Wizibirb
2011-04-20, 05:12 PM
Oh yea he is out of range isn't he?

*prays to the god of reffing to side with GWAG*

Sallera
2011-04-21, 10:39 AM
High Ref Sallera

Lunaticus takes victory by virtue of being not quite dead yet.

Wizibirb
2011-04-21, 04:33 PM
Well that sucks... why don't these things ever work out in my favor... :smallfrown:

well good game and nice playing you. :smallsmile:

TheFallenOne
2011-04-21, 05:24 PM
Well that sucks... why don't these things ever work out in my favor... :smallfrown:

Here's an ironic twist - they did. Know where that precedent is coming from? Round 94, your rar vs. Jose Sanchez. You declared an attack while out of range, then got a rewind

Now it works against you. Call it Karma :smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2011-04-21, 05:34 PM
Here's an ironic twist - they did. Know where that precedent is coming from? Round 94, your rar vs. Jose Sanchez. You declared an attack while out of range, then got a rewind

Now it works against you. Call it Karma :smalltongue:

Ohhhhh yea... huh well I guess that works then :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

I really don't know why I have both travel devotion and law devotion on this character... i could of stuck with something else.

TheFallenOne
2011-04-21, 06:17 PM
those are pretty decent choices actually. Just... not in an Endurance Round. Once you reached the finale, you were two feats short

Wizibirb
2011-04-21, 06:22 PM
those are pretty decent choices actually. Just... not in an Endurance Round. Once you reached the finale, you were two feats short

Well not so much that as I don't want to have to wait two turns to start moving around I like activating travel devotion and just getting there to attack... But I do like law devotion... sigh hmmmm what do you think? Should I switch it out for rageclaws?

TheFallenOne
2011-04-21, 06:25 PM
well, you could use the extra endurance, hm... Let's see

Travel Devotion is great to catch casters, ranged fighters and generally get first strike. Actually my single favourite feat for Arena

Law Devotion... Think of it this way. You need an attack roll for the touch on trip. Another one for the follow-up attack. So using your tripping routine, you profit from Law Devotion twice. Pretty good

Wizibirb
2011-04-21, 06:31 PM
well, you could use the extra endurance, hm... Let's see

Travel Devotion is great to catch casters, ranged fighters and generally get first strike. Actually my single favourite feat for Arena

Law Devotion... Think of it this way. You need an attack roll for the touch on trip. Another one for the follow-up attack. So using your tripping routine, you profit from Law Devotion twice. Pretty good

Thats true, however rageclaws essentially adds another 10 hp to my life total. Hence my problem, I guess he is fine for now needs more testing.