PDA

View Full Version : Smugglers of the IAG

Marxism
2011-04-20, 04:01 PM
The six of you have come together mainly for the purpose of making money. You just received a contract from "petey" your magic dealer. He wants you to make contact with a wizard and get a pair of scrolls from him. He is on the south side of the city and return to him in the North east where you are now in an abandoned building. Around you are the remnants of illegal residence.

Obrysii
2011-04-20, 04:57 PM
Ambrose took a slow drag of his cigarette, rolling the smoke before breathing slowly out - exhaling and breathing a fresh bit of air. He flicked the cigarette to the ground, and snuffed it with a shoe.

He wore green - it seemed to be his theme. Green eyes, a large emerald hanging from a tight bracelet. On his neck was what looked like a green matchbox motorcycle; he wore a simple button shirt, jeans, and comfortable shoes - and leaned against the wall of the residence.

"So - shall we be going?" he said, "I'd much rather we be going - quick, now."

Always in a rush - the Psionic nomad was a teleporter. A mover - a shaker.

drack
2011-04-20, 05:47 PM
Huck slowly roused. "So what's the contingency this time? do we really need one every time? No, I guess not. Huck walked across the room finding a nice stick in case Margorous couldn't make him something. OK, I guess I'm ready. Lazily he walked over to the bear dozing in the corner. "Come on, we have a job to do" he told the bear in a tone that implied that they had all the time in the world. The bear slowly rose up and allowed him to mount, plying with the sad reminder of it's meal from the night before.

Hawkflight
2011-04-20, 06:52 PM
Shin Hibiki sat and the floor, legs crossed. He wore no shirt and simple shorts, and a Tibetan prayer necklace. His body was covered with various tattoos. He sat upwind of the smoker.

"I am ready to depart any time," he says simply.

Necroticplague
2011-04-20, 07:29 PM
O.K., I'm as willing to leave as anyone else. However, we shouldn't rush this. If we take our time, we end up late at worse. If we hurry, we could end up dead.

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-20, 08:25 PM
Jonathan Tieve lies sprawled out lengthwise on a badly worn out couch up against a wall. One leg hangs down off the couch, and both of his arms are up above his head draped over the arm of the couch, his hands almost touching the floor. Wearing a rough, white collared shirt over his thin chain armor, gray slacks, and dark silver suspenders, he looks slightly out of place in the current time frame. There is a driving cap over his face.

He chuckles lightly at Kortin's comment, and sits up abruptly, straightening his hat. "Relax, Kortin, its just a pickup. And for two scrolls, no less. Nothing we haven't handled a thousand times before." He stands, puts his hands in his pockets, and makes a show of strolling leisurely over towards the others.

"So the question of the hour," he starts before beaming a bright, playful smile, "is who's driving?"

HeadofVecna
2011-04-21, 05:12 AM
Valashka scowls at Jonathan, her crystal blue eyes cold as death. But it is unusual for her otherwise lovely face not to be marred by a scowl. "You know who is driving. It is my truck. If one of you хуйовете wrecked it I would have to put a bullet in you. So I will drive." There is a note of irony in her low voice, but it is difficult to be completely certain she is joking.

Obrysii
2011-04-21, 07:44 AM
Ambrose smiled, and fingered the motorcycle figurine around his neck. A high-performance motorcycle, it was imbued with a magic that allowed it to shrink to matchbox size; he stretched his neck, and asked, "Does anyone know exactly the coordinates?"

He yawned, "I can go scout forward - pop there, pop back - if you want."

Hawkflight
2011-04-21, 10:25 AM
Shin turned his eyes toward Jonathan. "It does well to be cautious," he said. "Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom. Something could always go wrong."

drack
2011-04-21, 10:53 AM
"Well I think we should have some form of contingency" Huck pulls out a map of the city and the surrounding area. :smallbiggrin: "And I'm glad some people have some reason" he continues as he casts a dark look at a patch of air beside him.

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-21, 03:22 PM
Tieve grins at Valashka's snappy response. He'd recently taken to provoking such responses from her - playful jibes that he hoped would bring out her charming scowl. He saw so little of her edge in the women from this country, it was somehow refreshing to meet one with a bit of bite.

"Fine, fine, but I certainly won't be the one to clean the bear sh*t out of the back," he jokes.

He approaches the druid, whose madness he regarded as an amusing quirk equal to if not greater than Valashka's grit. Peering over his shoulder, he asks, "alright, well what did you have in mind?"

drack
2011-04-21, 04:10 PM
"Hmm, well I don't really have a plan, but off the top of my head I'd say have some the others (slightly less conspicuous compared to us) stay nearby in case it goes wrong, have Ambee (Ambrose) go in first cautiously, but not wasting energy. Than we come in, he stays ready for a hand off, and than it could go three ways. Smoothly, as a trap, but with few enough that we could take them, or if it looks ugly, and could get bad quickly we draw their attention while the others escape... after all they are fairly inconspicuous. Than we each use our own tricks to disappear. I take it you still have your illusions?" Huck was a lot of things, but stupid wasn't one of them. Margorous always had some handy getaway spells, and Huck could think rather well in the few moments between his internal arguments. "I suppose everyone will wish to give their input to it though. After all it is a bit rough."

Than pulling down Tieve's head he muttered in the familiar silky voice of the mage "why did you remind her of the bear droppings, she's still mad about last time, and I'd hate for the ground under your feet to suddenly swallow you up for a few laughs. Hay, Margorous be nice to Tieve, he... he... well he's Tieve and that's good enough. Can it fool, I'm sure you'll be more considerate next time. Won't you Tieve? :smallamused:

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-21, 05:08 PM
Good-spirited as ever, Tieve pulls back from Margorous's - or whosever it was - grasp, and jokes, "Yeah, Margo, play nice! Where would we all be if this pretty mug of mine got dirtied up?"

He takes a few steps back, and pulls at his suspenders at the shoulder with his thumbs. "And sure, Huck, I still got those illusions handy. But why bother with parlor tricks, when you've got style?"

The moment he finishes speaking, Tieve disappears from sight. Only his hat remains, which falls to the ground. Within moments, it rises to its 'feet' - artificial appendages formed of folds in the cloth - and promptly begins to tapdance.

Perform (Dance) [roll0]

drack
2011-04-21, 05:38 PM
Huck begins to laugh at the same moment as Margorous groans, combining to form a somewhat disturbing noise. Margorous replies "save your annoyances for later, the strategical use of your illusions, even with their lack of vocals is far more useful as you could slip away while they think you're being shot at, and than following a giant bear that would disappear, or the ground would suddenly grow somewhat less favorable towards cars... Margorous, Tieve was just trying to cheer us up and be a nice friend, and sure he'd notice something as simple as that. Why are you always picking on him? Don't you understand that that fool is laughing at how easily amused you are on inside. Margorous, Tieve wouldn't laugh at me, and you know it. At this point Huck reaches out to pet Mr. black (the massive grizzly who somehow managed to join them unnoticed, and now towered over all of them.). The Bear responded by thumping down and narrowly missing the nice little hat in the process. Don't worry Tieve, he doesn't mean it. Huck assured Tieve shortly followed by a somewhat sarcastic Uh-huh.

Necroticplague
2011-04-21, 08:05 PM
" Personally, I beleive the first thing to do is scout the building. We have the dancing hat over their go through the walls and scan the area, at least as much specifics as we can from the etheral plane. Ideally, he would be able to phase through all the walls, grab the scrolls, and phase out, with no harm to anyone.However, when something goes wrong, we will have Ambrose over their use a weak power to have him switch places with our etheral friend, who will then guide the rest of us to the source of the problem. For safety during transport, the scrolls will be held in a the enveloping pit in my glove, and while driving, the van will be both driven and possesed, for redundancy. Ideally, we would also have a minor illusion that would cause it to look like the passenger and driver's seat are switched around, thus giving the driver an extra layer of safety. That should cover everything, if anyone needs anything, I'll be in the back of the van practicing my skills."

drack
2011-04-21, 08:21 PM
"That works" says Huck. :smallbiggrin: "I would still rather out driver had more backup though."

Obrysii
2011-04-22, 10:25 AM
"That seems reasonable," Ambrose said to the plan - it was a strange group they had, and he was still as yet confirmed of their abilities. He yawned, stretched, and moved forward - towards the door, "Well then, shall we go?"

drack
2011-04-22, 11:54 AM
Mr. Black runs off and jumps into the back (nearly flipping the truck), and Huck slowly follows. :smallbiggrin:

Obrysii
2011-04-22, 12:02 PM
Pulling his necklace off, Ambrose sat it down gently on the ground where there was ample space - behind the truck - and activated it.

Slowly it expanded into a full-sized motorcycle, which he fired up with a pleased look - it was a fast, high-performance street racer. Speed - that was the name of the game.

"Alright, let's get going!"

HeadofVecna
2011-04-22, 01:51 PM
Almost unconsciously rechecking her equipment Valashka interjects, "I'm still not sure exactly how all this southern hexing works. But having Ambrose switch places into the thick of things if the ебу́щий unclean spirit gets in trouble ... I think Tieve would be guiding us to a dead mage. Maybe we should find a patsy for the actual pick up, while the rest of us, the than the unclean spirit wait nearby."

"And there are towels and pins in the truck, so you can put a diaper on your beast." She add, eying the druid significantly.

drack
2011-04-22, 02:00 PM
Huck smiles "good one. I'm not sure she was joking Stop seeing evil everywhere."

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-22, 07:22 PM
The hat falls lifeless to the ground as Tieve reappears beside it. He crouches down, picks up the hat, and places it back on his head.

"Well gee, Kortin, can't we leave something unplanned just once? I mean sure, its a great plan, but ain't there something charming about spontaneity?"

He strolls casually over to the motorcycle. "Alright, I'm riding with Ambrose. I'd imagine we'll make it in slightly better time, so I'll take a bit to case the surrounding area." He turns to Ambrose – as always, grinning – and teases, "Don't worry, you can drive this time," before disappearing into the bike.

Obrysii
2011-04-23, 08:00 AM
"Sorry, bud, it's a - oh," Ambrose said, stopping mid-sentence as the being phased into his bike. "Just don't give it electrical gremlins!"

Marxism
2011-04-23, 11:58 AM
Okay the two of you have an uneventful journey and arrive at an average looking 1 story house. The lights are off. Around you there are other similar houses. The neighborhood is in standard suburban style. Street lights every 50 feet give the area regular lighting. There is nobody around and everything is very quiet there are a few cars parked on the street.

drack
2011-04-23, 04:38 PM
Huck hoists himself into the back of the truck and positions himself between the metal back and the bulky bear, being more comfortable his giant companion protecting him in an accident rather than a thin ribbon of fabric. :smallbiggrin: "So" starts Huck cheerfully "we may as well get going ourselves too."

Marxism
2011-04-23, 05:14 PM
Current situation: The van is on the move. The pair with the motorcycle are already there.
To the two of you already there: What are you going to do?
To the four of you coming: Is there anything you want to do on the way there?

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-23, 05:40 PM
As they arrive, Tieve slips out of the bike and into Ambrose himself*, and, speaking into his mind, says, Alright, pull off the main street somewhere. An alleyway or something so that I can pop out for a few seconds. I got a new toy I wanna' try out."

As they pull into some place where Tieve can reemerge without being too obvious, he does so.

"God I love ridin' around in that bike of yours'. Ain't nothin' like a Ducati." He shakes his head appreciatively as he pulls a crystal – actually a dorje of Mindlink he'd picked up recently – from his pocket. "Alright, I'm gonna go scouting around for a bit. And this little baby," he says, tossing the crystal up in the air and catching it, "will let us keep in touch the whole time. Noticed you didn't have a cell phone, so I figure 'Hey!, this is as good a time as any to give her a test run!'

"We should have ten minutes of juice before the line of communication dies out, which should be just enough time for the others to arrive, and for me to take a look at the surrounding buildings, at least. Anything you want me to keep an eye out for while I'm looking?"

After Ambrose's response, Tieve uses the Dorje, goes ethereal again, and floats off to one of the buildings adjacent to their target. He proceeds to go from room to room, flitting rapidly from object to object, checking for life.

*Ambrose can resist this possession if he wants. Will save 23 negates, but there's not really a point to resisting since all I can do to possessed people right now is talk to them.

edit: forgot to point out, I need to use Use Psionic Device to activate the dorje. It's a DC 20 check, though, and I have a +19, so it should be an auto-success.

Necroticplague
2011-04-24, 02:59 AM
Kortin takes a moment to focus herself, and sees if she can manipulate the odd sand she found a few jobs back into bullets.

Concentration:10+11+1=22
wis check:[roll0]

Obrysii
2011-04-24, 08:06 AM
"Love 'er - pretty new, few miles. Good on the gas," he said - gently activating its paint to decrease its size, and once finished placed it around his neck. "Definitely worth the cost."

His green eyes scanned the dorje - and was surprised to see a psionic item amongst this crew. He admitted his knowledge of their abilities was presently a bit woeful, despite working with them - the price paid for constant A.D.D. that empowered his teleporting designs.

"All I can ask is that you find a place big enough to get at least myself and that bear into via teleport," he laughed, "I don't want to pop back into reality stuck in a wall with that thing."

drack
2011-04-24, 08:17 PM
during the ride Huck preforms 'sword practice' with the stick that he found (equivalent of a quarterstaff with market value zero)... so yah, basically he's the kid who plays knight in the back of the truck with a wooden stick all the way there making fake clanging noises until Margorous finally scolds him for the headache. After this point Huck resigned himself to the slightly more annoying habit of singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall. A song that he found interesting for it's cultural references, and for the all around communal mood it was supposed to create, after all he couldn't remember his own people's culture, so he had been ever taking opportunities to learn this one.

Hawkflight
2011-04-24, 09:35 PM
Shin Hibiki spent his trip sitting cross-legged, meditating the entire trip.

He readies the following maneuvers:

*Searing Blade
*Flashing Sun
*Cloak of Deception
*Sudden Leap
*Burning Blade
*Mountain Hammer Strike

Marxism
2011-04-27, 04:04 PM
Kortin succeeds in turning about half the sand into bullets.

You will be arriving soon. any more surveillance should be done soon.

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-27, 06:28 PM
While scanning the houses, Tieve keeps an eye out for any matchbox cars or the like. Anything quite small with some inherent mobility. If he finds one, he will possess it, move it to a secure location, reform, put it in his pocket, and continue scouting.

Provided he finds nothing of particular interest in the houses, he chimes in through the Mindlink, All clear over here, Bossman. I'm gonna take a look around the exterior of the target house, but leave the inside for when the others get here. Let me know when they arrive?

He then proceeds to sweep the area around the house. Of particular interest will be any alternative exits or entrances. Doors, windows, cellar hatches, the like.

Additionally, what does the back look like? Is there a gated lawn? A brick wall? An alley filled with garages or parking spaces?

Finally, Tieve will go down under the house, and check to see if there is any kind of cellar or basement. Then, he will return to Ambrose, and pass the time waiting for the others by telling jokes, askind riddles, and singing showtunes - all through the Mindlink.

Obrysii
2011-04-27, 06:40 PM
"Sounds good - keep an eye out for any security while you're at it," Ambrose said, looking out towards the road - they didn't leave too much earlier than the other group ... they should be arriving soon.

He yawned, stretched, and lit another cigarette to pass the time.

Marxism
2011-04-28, 10:13 PM
The house is a simple one from the outside there are three windows. The lawn is small and well kept. There is not gate or wall. There is a basement but something seems different about it. The basement seems protected in some way but you can't quite tell. There is a one car garage with a car inside it is an average sedan.

You could not find any small objects to possess in the nearby houses however.

drack
2011-04-28, 10:33 PM
Having completed his traditional song (99 bottles of beer on the wall) Huck entertained himself for the rest of the trip by pretending that he was being eaten by the bear n the back whenever another car goes by. :smallbiggrin:

HeadofVecna
2011-04-29, 01:39 AM
Valashka drivesat just below the speed limit (assuming there is one), not wishing to attract attention. She pulls up around the corner and down the block from the house, coasting the last two blocks in order to arrive more quietly. Luckily, being in the cab rather than the trailer, she knows nothing about Huck playing with the bear in a manor designed to attract attention. Otherwise, she would have words with the mad druid.

Marxism
2011-05-02, 03:20 PM
The four of you pull up and get out of the van. As you arrive you see what the others have seen. Having exited the vehicle you look around and do not see anything out of the ordinary until the front door of the house opens. Nobody exits nor did you see anyone in the door it simply hangs open.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-02, 04:17 PM
Tieve joins the others. He pushes his hat up on his head, so that the brim is facing almost straight up, and thumbs his suspenders.

He clicks his tongue thoughtfully. "Well, how 'bout that? Rollin' out the red carpet and everything! Well, there's our element of surprise on out the window!" He lets out a brief, hearty laugh, and claps Kortin on the back. "Best laid plans, mate, best laid plans..."

"Well, I'm still game to go in there first if it pleases, but I figure whatever's waitin' for us in there's got a plan for us a pretty bit brighter than ours for it. Obviously knew what it was waitin' for, at least. Somethin' bloody strange about the basement, too... Oh, yeah, by the way, there's a basement."

drack
2011-05-02, 04:20 PM
The druid grabs his stick and quickly slips out of the bear's maw before Valashka catches him. Saying "Don't worry Tievi They tend to reveal whatever traps they have once I walk in... maybe it's the cloths...Fool, you just like springing traps on your finger, and it's gonna kill both of us Liven up."

Mr. Black made a quick note to leave a surprise for her on his way out, after all Huck always seamed to have so much fun avoiding her wrath with all his energetic dancing about. He hadn't much minded the name switch, but Huck had been a fair deal less wise in his actions since despite the fact that he seamed to be having so much more fun. Slowly as to not flip the truck (but rather slowly tilt it to a forty five degree angle preventing the front passengers from leaving for a minute) Mr. Black followed Huck out of the truck and over to the house where Huck fatally attempted to prod open the door before just snatching the handle and jerking at it.

(assuming it's not locked) Huck proceeds in allowing Mr. Black to follow making the floor sound dangerously unstable (as most all floors do under a few thousand pound of bear).

Necroticplague
2011-05-02, 05:13 PM
"Wait, how wierd is this basement? Is this a "those dimensions aren't possible "wierd, or a "this places feels like its haunted" wierd? That's probably where they keep the scrolls, if it is what I think it is." Kortin questions Teive as she follows Mr. Black from a fair distance away.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-03, 02:33 AM
He pushes the brim of his hat back into place, shoves his hands into his pockets, and walks alongside Kortin towards the house.

"Can't rightly say. Something off about it, but can't quite put my finger on it. Magical warding of some sort, I'd wager, though."

Obrysii
2011-05-03, 07:46 AM
Ambrose finished his cigarette and went to find the others - he heard the characteristic truck's engine, and knew they were likely around.

Seeing them, he slipped in behind - following the crowd while keeping an eye out.

Sorry all, I've been pretty sick and busy the last few days.

Spot check: [roll0]

Hawkflight
2011-05-03, 12:33 PM
Shin got up and quietly followed the others out of the truck, his keen senses alert for danger.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

HeadofVecna
2011-05-03, 01:49 PM
Valashka utters a stream of foreign curses at hearing that the door is already open. "I take it that the plan is now to all march in and be the patsies rather than have one. And this after the unclean spirit jinxed us with his talk of this being a milk run. (sigh) Nothing for it ..." She covers the rear, hands near holsters and her perpetual scowl deep on her face.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-03, 02:01 PM
The moment before he steps through the door, Tieve phases out, and begins flitting from interior room to interior room, looking for anything out of place or for any persons, alive or dead. He keeps Ambrose informed of all goings on through the Mindlink.

Marxism
2011-05-05, 06:47 PM
Just as he enters he sees a middle aged man holding a pair of scrolls and holding a bathrobe who greets him.

OI no need for any magic here! Just what do you think your doing? I am pretty sure that you're the ones sent for these scrolls right? If you aren't then you better have a damn good reason to be here.

Hawkflight
2011-05-05, 07:08 PM
Shin Hibiki stood behind the others, watching the middle-aged man carefully.

Rolling a Sense Motive check in the OOC thread because it turns up odd when I try to roll it here. It was a 28.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-05, 07:11 PM
Through the Mindlink, Tieve asks Ambrose, "You ever catch a description of the guy we're looking for? This him?"

To the old man, he replies "Scrolls? Don't know what you're talking about, mate." He raises his eyebrows suggestively, his eyes darting about as if to suggest that they were being watched.

"Why, we're just a bunch of wandering circus performers, here hoping to brighten your day." He winks at the man. Gesturing towards Shin, he continues, "Why, surely you've heard of the legendary clown, Pagliacci Verdi, whose antics have brought tears of joy to kings' eyes?" Then, motioning towards Mr Black, "Or what of Teddy Ruskin here, our tight-rope-unicycling bear? Not a half bad tango dancer, either, if you ask me."

"And I," he says, taking off his hat and bowing theatrically, so deeply that his head almost touches the floor, "am our troupe's humble ringleader, Belvedere Maeve." Still bowing, he turns his face up towards the old man, beaming a devilish playful grin, and asks, all bravado gone from his voice "Mind if we come in?"

drack
2011-05-05, 07:24 PM
(since I came in first I guess I may as well.)
Margorous plays along, "So I suppose I can take those fancy tickets you have there?
Than Huck buts in What tickets I thought we were here for some ma-
Yes tickets, fees for the performance."
Oh, you're using tickets as a pretext for-
No, I'm just taking his tickets
Than what about the-
Tickets, yes we will take them.
But what tickets?
those ones Margorous points empathetically at the scrolls. Do you get it now?
no
than deal with it.
Mr.Black towers behind the druid starring down at the man and the druid looking as if he wants to maul someone, but not quite sure who...

Obrysii
2011-05-06, 08:27 AM
"Nope, didn't catch it - was catchin' a smoke when they were talking about that," Ambrose said over mind-link, biting his lip slightly as he looked across the room; his green eyes searched along the walls, slowly moving down to fall upon the man.

"Hey, hey - if you don't want a group of circus guys cheerin' up your day...."

As someone who DMs, having the rolls with their contexts makes things much easier, so I'll roll here.

Spot check: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]

HeadofVecna
2011-05-07, 02:11 AM
Valashka rolls her eyes, "Ya we're the ебу́щий clown messenger service. Just hand em over and we'll hump to the drop. ... Now I don't suppose there is anything you want to tell us about the ... tickets that might keep us from putting our over-sized shoes in a tight spot while in transit?"

Hawkflight
2011-05-07, 02:18 AM
Shin Hibiki would be rolling his eyes if he weren't so busy studying the primary occupant of this house.

Marxism
2011-05-08, 04:01 PM
Yeah? okay here are your tickets... Next time I better not feel any of you preparing for your act in my basement. He hands the two scrolls to Tieve as he gets close he whispers Don't snoop around my basement. That's how people get shot.

drack
2011-05-08, 05:04 PM
Huck accepts the scrolls Yes, but you know according to this book I've just read you folks have this odd psychology thing that says that when you say not to do something encourages them to do exactly that, and therefor don't means do... your basement ay...? :smallamused:
You do know they also have that saying cuuriosity killed the cat.
Cats have nine lives
So than if it can kill a nine lived cat what will it do to one lived you?
you know you can really be a downer, he just wants us to take a peek
No he doesn't.
Scrodenger managed to stay half alive...
That's half dead too
But that means it's halfway to heaven
No...no it doesn't
Than what does it mean?
It means we're leaving.
With that Margorous begins rolling up the scrolls, than tapping them against his head he makes them disappear, than reappear. Take this Margorous continues as he hands the roll of papers to Tieve.
Than over his back in the most depressed of tones Margorous calls "Oh, and pleas remember happy go circus is the way to go"
but... but... I want to peek...
By this point Mr.Black is forcibly scooting the druid from the house... Damn Margorous for teaching it signals for such actions. :smallmad:
Swapped scrolls with my map, keeping the scrolls curled up nice in a hole in my bone helm.

Obrysii
2011-05-09, 08:16 AM
Through his mental connection to the fiend of possession, Ambrose spoke, "Hey - think you should buzz down there? You can go ethereal - not much'll hurt you..."

Necroticplague
2011-05-09, 09:12 AM
Well, that went as well as we could have thought. I'll be heading back to the truck and preparing for my act in their. Kortin then starts to the van and starts musing to herself once he gets their.
Hold on "feel us" in his basement? Does that mean he has some weird form of divination or abjuration in place down their? Or was "feel" an expression for "find" Heck, maybe the house is just an extension of him. After all, this vine reacts mentally to me, could he set up a house to do the same? Well, no use wondering it now. He got the scrolls, so now all we have to do is deliver them to to Petey.

Obrysii
2011-05-09, 09:45 AM
Turning to follow - he speaks plainly, "I can take them there right away - and pop back here if anything strange happens. I'm familiar enough with both locations now."

drack
2011-05-09, 11:27 AM
Huck walks over to Ambrose pure excitement burning in his eyes (enough even to surprise the bear into giving some ground.) "Can I come too, I wanna see what popping around is like." :smallbiggrin:
Huck has the scrolls, so... I guess that's the way to do it while keeping focus shifted as he gave his maps to Tieve pretending they were the scrolls. :smallbiggrin:

Obrysii
2011-05-09, 11:33 AM
"Sure - if everyone's OK with us taking the scrolls back now," Ambrose said; he was no leader - he was more a follower regarding group events, though he went on his own road towards his own fate.

drack
2011-05-09, 11:39 AM
Margorous eyes Ambrose. "Tieve has those, Huck just wants a ride, but if you don't want him I could just lend you my maps and I'm sure you could navigate just fine." Huck starts to say something "but I thought-", but Margorous cuts him off before he can.

Obrysii
2011-05-09, 05:58 PM
"Alright, well, if everyone else is fine with it - c'mon, Huck, let's go," he said. He had the scrolls carried in his backpack, and he held the man's hand.

Manifesting teleport was an easy, if somewhat expensive, use of his power - and soon the two twisted through time and space, popping out as if in a whirlwind.

They had arrived - but not at the specific destination mentioned earlier. "Sorry - ran out of smokes," he said. They were in the back lot to a gas station he had discovered a while ago, and now frequented, "It'll just be a minute!"

Ambrose manifests Teleport, and teleports up to 800 miles away to whichever gas station within the country / state offers the least expensive cigarettes of whatever popular brand he smokes.

drack
2011-05-09, 06:57 PM
Huck's eyes glaze over in wonder as he pops across the town. (is the bear pulled in too or no?) As Ambrose begins to enter the gas station Huck pulls out the stick (yah... he still has that thing...) and begins swinging it around wildly avoiding bashing in cars, and constantly turning. While he looked like he had some idea what he was doing, he looked allot more like some kid playing with a stick. than the next moment he dropped the stick (yes in the middle of the gas station parking lot) and ran in to see if they had an of those 'cracker jacks' that his town had. (can't beat the classics ay :smallamused:)

Marxism
2011-05-10, 10:53 PM
The lot of you are now in a gas station. The ciggies cost you 2 credits.

Obrysii
2011-05-11, 07:57 AM
Ambrose leaves with one in his mouth, and prior to the teleportation, lights one - breathing in a long drag, sighing, "Alright, let's go - unless you've shopping to do?"

drack
2011-05-11, 09:45 AM
Huck walks out empty handed "no...no I don't" :smallfrown:

Hawkflight
2011-05-11, 12:55 PM
Shin stood upwind of the smokers, so that he wouldn't breathe in their fumes.

"I am ready to go," he said.

Marxism
2011-05-11, 05:48 PM
You teleport back to petey's place If that was not your destination then speak up. His place is a single story house no basement the roof is 13 feet high so the bear fits just fine. You are in the living room right now a rectangular affair that is 20x30 here is a general depiction
= is a door to the outside + is the door to the kitchen and bedrooms P is where petey is you are marked as x's The Bear is the big B Shin kortin and Huck are the closest to the front door and in that order from left to right Teive Ambrose and Vala are the ones near petey once again in that order, He just handed the money to Teive.
___=_______
l l
l xxx B l
l P xxx l
l________+__l

You greet him and he turns smiling at the sight of his scrolls.
Good job all of you I got your 1000 credits right here.
Just as he finishes speaking there is a knock on the door. Petey motions for one of the people closer to answer it.

drack
2011-05-11, 06:28 PM
Huck goes over to the door swinging it open in a wide quick morion and sticking his head through just as fast such as to stick his face right in the face of whomever was there. :smallbiggrin:

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-11, 06:28 PM
Tieve smiles as he takes the money. "Thanks, Petey, always a pleasure!"

When the door knocks, if anyone moves to get it, Tieve will stop them, saying,"nuh-nuh-no, allow me!"

He possesses the door, and sees who is on the other side.

drack
2011-05-11, 06:33 PM
Huck stops short to glare at Tieve Why, it's not as if they don't know we're here already with you calling me back, and on top of that now they think you're rude
cautious
Rude rude rude rude rude

Obrysii
2011-05-12, 08:39 AM
"Tieve, how'd you beat me here? It took us more than five minutes to get to the place by motorcycle," Ambrose said. His diversion had only cost them a few minutes ...

Necroticplague
2011-05-12, 09:07 AM
"Thanks, a plea-"

Kortin stops mid-sentence as she hears the knock on the door, and pulls the pit out of her gloves, and extend the vine to pull The Divider out while her amulet glows faintly as the credits float into the pit. She puts the pit back in her glove and trains her gun on the door.

"Hey Petey, should we be expecting someone, or is this visitor.... unwelcome."

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-12, 02:29 PM
On his way to the door, Tieve looks back at Ambrose and smiles deviously. He shrugs one shoulder, as if to say 'it was nothing'. "We just folded time and space, Ambrose. Simple really."

He continues on to the door, possessing it and looking out at their visitor.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-12, 04:29 PM
Tieve reappears just inside, not even a hint of a smile on his face. He hisses a faint whisper, just barely audible, "Three g-men, heavily armed."

He is there for only the half of a moment it requires to speak the words, and he is gone again.

Hawkflight
2011-05-12, 04:43 PM
Shin hid wherever was most convenient, and where he could make a straight jump towards the door to make use of his Sneak Attack granted by his stance. "Shall I take them out?" he whispered to the others.

Rolling for hide check: [roll0]

Hawkflight
2011-05-12, 05:01 PM
Shin activated his eldrich phone to communicate telepathically with Tieve.

"How are they equipped? What kind of weapons and armor do they have? Do they have artillery backup?"

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-12, 05:07 PM
Tieve chimes back in through the telepathic phone, "We got one in a trenchcoat. Two boys in blue, fully equipped - assault rifles, combat armor. Looks like they mean business. My money's on Mr. Duster as a guildmage. I'm checking out their transport, will let you know what I find. Don't let the druid do anything rash!"

drack
2011-05-12, 05:13 PM
Mr.Black follows Huck to the door which he opens (the bear blocks just about all they can see), and than he stops short. "Oh, hello, I was just gonna take Mr.Black here for a walk, you gentlemen wish to accompany us? Otherwise I figure it'd be a bit of a wait for you poor fellas, after all Mr. Black isn't all that patient when it comes to his walks..." Mr. Black punctuates this with a mild growl revealing all too many of his pearly whites.

(remember that taking a giant bear for a walk across town somehow isn't that suspicious... better?)

ready an action of Mr.back to step out, and for Huck to mount. Did I tell you guys how useful readied actions are in a standoff? and why not ready one for a spell just in case. lets go with flame blade.

Marxism
2011-05-12, 05:26 PM
The man in the overcoat stares for a moment before speaking.
We detected an unscheduled teleportation here just give us the person who did it and you get off just fine. Don't and we take you in for some "questioning". If you or your pet bear try anything then you better have a will ready. The two behind him casually raise their rifles to point at Huck.

They do not appear to have seen anyone else but will be allowed spot checks should the bear move. Shin is behind a couch providing concealment but not cover as bullets would tear right through it at this range.

drack
2011-05-12, 05:32 PM
Huck waves his hands empathetically at the guns. "Hay do you know what those things do to a guy at close range? I don't intend to pull anything, and I intend to do all I can to help, but I don't know what you're talking about when you say telleporter. Isn't that illegal? Anyways what can I do to help?" Mr. Black narrows his eyes and stretches his jaws impatiently.
I'd assume Ambrose wouldn't telleport right in, but rather scout out the area, so I don't think it's a far cry to have not seen him

Hawkflight
2011-05-12, 05:40 PM
Shin readies an action. If the guard initiates hostile action (such as shooting somebody) and there is an opening for him to take, he'll use Sudden Leap to close the distance and use the Burning Blade maneuver, taking 4 attacks at the hostile force.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-12, 05:40 PM
"Nothing of note in their car," Tieve updates after a few seconds have passed. "Unloaded pistol and some clutter. Time to have some fun, eh?"

If the windows in car are untinted, Tieve reforms in the car, somewhere where he is out of sight (perhaps crouched down in the back seat), and casts Silent Image to create the illusion of this culture's "stereotypical hoodlum" behind the wheel of the car. He then reposses the automobile. If the windows are tinted, he will not bother with the illusion.

With the door now open, some in the house will likely hear the sound of a car engine starting as Tieve, in possession of the automobile parked out front, starts it up. The car slowly begins to pull out of its parking spot.

Marxism
2011-05-12, 05:43 PM
Yes it is Illegal. We picked up his teleportation and followed it here. We have all the proof we need. Now put your hands on your head or we will shoot you. The man Reaches into his over coat and pulls out a pistol, you know its a desert eagle from sight. drack wait for everyone else to respond.

Marxism
2011-05-12, 06:11 PM
The windows are tinted. The two armored ones turn and look at the car. The one on the overcoated mans left turns and starts aiming.

Bad news buddy.
[roll0]+9
[roll1]+9
[roll2]+4
1 hits you for 14 damage. The bear is still between the house and the people outside. Roll initiative. once everyone has rolled take action in turns.

drack
2011-05-12, 06:20 PM
(If that's at me) Hay Buddie, I sear I'm innocent of all but having these rock solid abs that blocked your bullets so well. :smallbiggrin:
Initiative: [roll0]
Just for the record though I'm choosing not to take my readied actions they should resolve in the surprise round.

Hawkflight
2011-05-12, 06:30 PM
Just for the record though I'm choosing not to take my readied actions they should resolve in the surprise round.

Same thing here.

Initiative check: [roll0]

Necroticplague
2011-05-12, 06:52 PM
Initiative:[roll0]

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-12, 06:59 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Marxism
2011-05-12, 08:38 PM
He just shot you Drack so that would make him hostile.

drack
2011-05-12, 09:50 PM
than we'll go with the if it was me he shot scenario:

(If that's at me) Hay Buddie, I sear I'm innocent of all but having these rock solid abs that blocked your bullets so well. :smallbiggrin:
Initiative: [roll0] (was a 7)

And since my initiative is fail I can still play nice not the first half of the round. :smallbiggrin:
Oh may as well I'm blocking the door so I guess I'll use my readied actions after all. :smallannoyed: (which were just enough to mount the bear and have it run out into the street provoking an AoO)

Fluff:
As the bullets lurch into him Huck quickly jumps atop the bear, and has it clammier out of the house at a gentile walk. (so stopping about 30' down the street from them, not into the street, but along the sidewalk) Shouting all the while "Now look what you did, you shot at an impatient bear that just can't wait to get started on his walk."

HeadofVecna
2011-05-13, 04:31 AM
At the first sign of trouble Valashka hides behind the couch with shin, guns ready. When Huck opens the door, her fingers tighten on the triggers, but she restrains herself from shooting him. Instead, she waits for a clear shot at the G-men actively trying to kill them, and cools down a little when the mad druid at least has the decency to draw their fire.
Hide [roll0]
Init [roll1]

Obrysii
2011-05-13, 08:07 AM
"Ah man, not these guys again," he said, shifting forward. "C'mon, we don't need to fight - but then, you did just shoot one of my good friends."

"And I don't like that," he growled.

Initiative: [roll0]

HeadofVecna
2011-05-13, 08:22 PM
Valashka pops up suddenly from behind the couch and unloads on the trench-coat-wearing agent, walking her fire in a series of controlled bursts. "Suck on this, вафлёр pig!"
Full attack, starting with trench guy and moving to additional targets if he drops.
Primary Attack [roll0]
Iterative Attack [roll1]
Rapid Shot Attack [roll2]
Off-hand Attack [roll3]
Improved Two-Weapon Fighting Attack [roll4]

Modifiers:
+2 if the target is wear any sort of armor
+2 if the target has arcane spells or spell-like abilities
+4 if any previous shots against the same target missed

Damage Roll 1 [roll5]
Damage Roll 2 [roll6]
Damage Roll 3 [roll7]
Damage Roll 4 [roll8]
Damage Roll 5 [roll9]

Modifiers:
+5 if the first guy is dropped to 0hp or lower
if the target has arcane spells or spell-like abilities add
[roll10] to Roll 1
[roll11] to Roll 2
[roll12] to Roll 3
[roll13] to Roll 4
[roll14] to Roll 5

Hawkflight
2011-05-13, 09:15 PM
((Not sure of everybody's exact location, so I'm going to assume this works.))

Shin narrowed his eyes and leaped over the couch, charging at the three armed men. He unleashed a barrage of punches, his hands wreathed in flame.

Charging at the enemy, then pouncing for a full attack, starting with the trenchcoat guy and moving to additional targets if he dies. If he's already dead, it's against the guy who's most convenient.

Activating maneuvers: Searing Blade (an additional 2d6+7 damage per hit) and Flashing Sun (one extra attack, all attacks at -2 to hit).

Primary Attack: [roll0]
Flurry of Blows Attack: [roll1]
Snap Kick Attack: [roll2]
Flashing Sun Attack: [roll3]
Secondary Attack: [roll4]

Damage Roll 1: [roll5]+[roll6]
Damage Roll 2: [roll7]+[roll8]
Damage Roll 3: [roll9]+[roll10]
Damage Roll 4: [roll11]+[roll12]
Damage Roll 5: [roll13]+[roll14]

Hawkflight
2011-05-13, 09:19 PM
((Forgot to roll a jump check to jump over the couch.))

[roll0]

drack
2011-05-14, 06:57 PM
OK, well though I'm going next to last I may as well post my action and let our DM sort out order later :smallbiggrin:

Margorous/Huck action: Cast flame blade
Move action to control mount
Mount action: A giant bear runs over and bite their face :smallbiggrin:
(partial move action to get to the thug on the left of the trench coat guy, and a single attack.)
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
... Mr. Black is feeling the need to relieve stress over his missing walk by chewing on that stress ball that happens to be their head. :smallcool:

Nothing says stealth like charging down the street right at someone's porch from a mad bear that wants blood while waving around a sword shaped magical flame. :smallcool:

Necroticplague
2011-05-15, 07:26 AM
Kortin creates an astral construct near the three men and has it go on complete offensive, focusing on the one Valaska shot.

Construct Mods:
Overchanneld to raise ML to 11 and create lvl 6 construct (no damage due to Talented)
Ectopic Form (Emerald Gyre):grants Improved Grab with Slams
Normal Menu B Ability:Extra Attack (Now has Three Slams for STR damage, not STRx1.5)
Bost Construct:Muscle (Str+4, up to 37)
Extend Power (expending focus):now lasts 22 rounds instead of 11
HP of construct:[roll0]

Attacking:

Slam1([roll]1d20+19[roll])
Slam2([roll1])
Slam3([roll2])

Damage if they hit:
Slam1([roll3]
Slam2([roll4]
Slam3([roll5]

Grapple checks if they hit (will stop hitting and proceed to grapple)
Slam1([roll6])
Slam2([roll7])
Slam3([roll8])

Obrysii
2011-05-15, 08:35 AM
When it was finally time for him to act - being somewhat slow to respond, stunned that not only had they traced him, that they claimed his power was against the rules ... Ambrose placed a hand on his heart, his eyes glowing green, and into the mind of the man who had shot his friend, he forced an urge to die.

When appropriate, Ambrose manifests Death Urge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/deathUrge.htm) on the Trench Coat Guy; the DC is 20.

Marxism
2011-05-15, 03:04 PM
The bullets and punches bring them all down. The first three rounds left the trenchcoat man dead and the second two took down one of the armored ones. Shin takes down the last one. Those that acted after them are treated as having not cast anything unless you want to have done it even with them dead.
Petey is freaking out in the next room and you can see porch lights turning on across the street. You have 3 bodies and 8 gunshots were just fired.

Obrysii
2011-05-15, 03:05 PM
His first target dead, Ambrose shifts his rage - and his power - to the next-closest enemy, pushing the desire to die into the man's mind.

drack
2011-05-15, 03:20 PM
Margorous Dismounts allowing the flame blade to dissipate quickly and quickly casts stone shape allowing the sidewalk to reach up grabbing the bodies and bloodstains, and form back into the shape a sidewalk is supposed to have with an extra block of concrete (lets have the rock reshape in a manner as to lock their gear in there. :smallbiggrin:) ejected that Mr.Black begins to carry over to the truck.

"Kids and their messes" he mutters to himself.

Obrysii
2011-05-15, 03:26 PM
"So, best way to dispose of bodies? IF they could track me, someone else might be able to, too," Ambrose growled, searching their pockets for identification.

drack
2011-05-15, 03:42 PM
"already did" Says Margorous gesturing to the block of concrete displaced by the bodies entering the ground. With any luck there'll be ID in there, but we probably shouldn't dump their things on the street here.

Looking to apparently-not-trigger-happy-Petey "I assume you know how to handle it from here?"

HeadofVecna
2011-05-16, 02:15 PM
As the bodies first begin to sink into the concrete Valashka growls, "Stop that right now. Burying on site, in view of witnesses, is not disposing of the bodies. Petey, is there a rear exit?"
Not waiting of an answer, Valashka calls Tieve, "Once the rest rest of us get out of here, we're gonna need one of the agents to 'wake up' and help his friends into their car. Up for it?"

It might not matter that much, due the agent's fire. But V. has suppressors on her guns.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-16, 04:04 PM
Tieve, still ethereal, slips out of the car and into Valashka. In her mind, she hears an overexaggerated sigh... Tieve was not fond of possessing the dead. It was an... eerie feeling, even for a man who was, essentially, a ghost himself.

"Well, if I must... still, good thinking, beautiful. Glad to see your mind is still as sharp as your tongue. I'll start playing cleanup if you can get the druid to give me back a body."

Necroticplague
2011-05-16, 06:37 PM
Well, we can only really manipulate one at a time, so here's my idea: Step 1:Exhume Corpses. Step 2: Posess one. Step 3, I turn the other two bodies into large dog corpses, we add a little foam to make them look rabid.

Bam, instant story. Two rabid dire animals broke into our house, so we set off a silent alarm that called a cop. We hole ourselves in other parts of the house, and waited for authorities to arrive. The cop shot the dogs, and accidentaly hit our friend here when he thought the bear was one of the animals. Explains gunshots, corpses, cop arrival.

Obrysii
2011-05-16, 06:44 PM
"These guys. I like these guys," Ambrose said, once again smoking out at the edge of the street, green eyes watching through the slowly rising smoke for any other trouble. "It bothers me that people found us so quick - how and why did they track my teleportation from a distance?"

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-16, 07:07 PM
""Only one problem with that, Kort," Tieve says as he reforms just inside the doorway. His tone is deadly serious. "These ain't no beat cops. They're the International Arcane Guild - federales - and they ain't sendin' out no g-men for a couple stray dogs."

He rushes through this next bit, bunching words together in a frantic attempt to save time.

""Now one way or another we gotta do something fast. I figure we got less than a minute before someone comes out these doors to see what's what. We're probably gonna be seein' more feds right quick after that. So who's opposed to me makin' a real pretty picture of the stiffs gettin up, shaking your hand, walkin' back to their car, and drivin' away all nice like? Once we drive off, y'all better come up with somethin' to do with the real bodies that won't get found out with a simple divination. Might still be good to leave the stiff in the coat for when I get back, so I can bluff our way past any interrogations."

"If that don't work for ya, give me somethin' else, but make it real snappy."

drack
2011-05-16, 08:10 PM
Margorous mumbles something about begging and first kill before Huck hurries across the street to the now illuminated front door at which he raps rather excitedly (Mr.Black follows him to the door) When someone comes out Huck starts in a frightened and somewhat anxious voice "Well I was just walking Mr.Black when... Is this a bad neighborhood, you know like one of those ones in which you can't trust the safety of your pets? Worse yet that of yourself? Someone shot me... do people usually just walk by and shoot people? I mean I know cops are allowed to shoot people, but this is just downright racism. Shooting me just because I'm an lachtiaian... Is this a racist neighborhood, should I call a nearby group to see about how you people treat outsiders? Worse yet should I report this to internal affairs as well, or do you people encourage racism in your police force. If by some miracle you aren't raciest I feel you should have a chat with your neighbors about the police, but before that yould you mind not just leaving me to bleed to death? I mean honestly I got shot." Huck is beginning to work himself into hysterics, and talking faster and faster despite that he started fast enough to keep the poor resident from getting a word in, but soon it becomes unintelligible. until finally: "Do you have a band-aid?"

Marxism
2011-05-16, 08:55 PM
yeah there's a back door... Just hurry okay.
You found an ID card on the trench-coat man his name was Vincent Renti. He was a sergeant which means hes got some rank but not enough that its going to be important. He was also wearing a concealed vest and had a frag grenade in his coat. Nobody has come out of their houses yet.

HeadofVecna
2011-05-17, 12:07 AM
As she starts heading for the back door Valashka says, Thanks Petey. We'll try to keep this дерьмо from sticking to your doorstep." To the others, "I'm not sure what will work best against divinations. But if we can get a hold of a boat and plastic shredder, its real hard to find small chunks of fish food in a large body of water. Or, if its just a matter of creating the right circumstances for the bodies to be found, we could arrange for an 'ambush' by 'rebels' in the forest."

Is Huck keeping his phone on so we can coordinate stories, or is he too chaotic crazy for that?

Marxism
2011-05-21, 01:49 PM
The door is now closed the bodies are underground and the lot of you are standing around. To anyone looking at it from a few meters away it would look like nothing had happened but anyone really close would notice small blood stains and changes in the walkway. You now need to leave politely and without people noticing as you still have the car that is around the block.

Hawkflight
2011-05-21, 02:20 PM
Shin glanced about, then stepped inside. "I believe we should be leaving," he said. If nobody says anything to grab his attention, he transforms into a cat and slips out the back door towards the car.

drack
2011-05-21, 03:11 PM
Huck wearily walks away from the nonresponse residencies and canst a quick and quiet create water to force water under the stains and wash them away, than again just to make sure. geese, he had already cleaned up enough when he had molded the sidewalk to encompass all the blood, why did his comrades need to be so sloppy with carting around dead people. Deming that they could use the space in the back Huck takes his share of the earnings and mounts his gallant albeit hungry steed, dashing off into the night back to our effective base promising Mr.Black that he can eat the dead people when they get there. Mr.Black thus encouraged stops being his usual lazy self and heads off at about 60MPH :smallbiggrin:

Hawkflight
2011-05-21, 03:29 PM
As Shin the cat walked down the street towards the car, he was spotted by a small child playing in the front yard. The child spotted him, said "Kitty!", and walked toward Shin. Unfortunately, the child was between Shin and the getaway car, so he was forced to detour down a side street.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-21, 03:33 PM
Tieve will repossess the govrrmernment car, and drive it a few blocks away. He will take the empty pistol off the seat, before whizzing off to rejoin the others in Valashka's van.

Obrysii
2011-05-22, 08:01 AM
Once again resizing the motorcycle to appropriate size, he fired it up and nodded, "Where exactly are we meeting?"

Necroticplague
2011-05-22, 09:22 AM
Kortin quietly enters the back of Valashka's van and tries to calm down and not be so angry at Ambrose. "All for a ^!@#$%& cigarette. Let's just hope they only send those three".

Obrysii
2011-05-22, 09:40 AM
"Hey," Ambrose said, lighting one as he idled, "It was worth it. Well, not them dying. Who knew they'd track me? It's not illegal to teleport!"

HeadofVecna
2011-05-24, 03:39 AM
Climbing into the truck cab Valashka replies, "I hate to break this to you tovarisch, but all the spooky stuff you and Kortin do with your brains is illegal. What we didn't know is that the capitalist goons could track it. Anyway, back to the safe house. I hope it goes without saying, but I'll say it. Don't draw attention and make sure you are not followed."

Valashka takes a circuitous route back, seeking out deserted roads in the hopes of being able to notice even rotating tails.[roll0]

Obrysii
2011-05-24, 12:01 PM
Ambrose would follow, frowning but having no solid comeback to the thought his mental powers were illegal. For years he'd managed to get by without the cops being summoned - and he still suspected something more had happened.

His psicrystal offered nothing, but found the whole thing quite exciting.

Marxism
2011-05-26, 04:17 PM
The six of you arrive safely and soundly at the safe house. Your net profit is the money that Petey payed you so divide it up between yourselves. The government vehicle is sitting around a few blocks from peteys place. You are now in a position to either wait around and such or go out and actively try to find work, friends, or whatever else there is that you need.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-26, 04:52 PM
Tieve had possessed the van the entire way back, and had not spoken at all.

When the group reenters, he has already reformed on the couch, lying in the exact same position as he had been before they left - limbs sprawled out and his hat over his face.

When all are inside, he speaks, his voice muffled slightly by the hat, "Well that went well. And only three dead, a new record for success!" His voice oozes sarcasm.

"Don't imagine Petey will be swinging by with more work too soon... And rightly so. Keep the heat off for a while. All the same," he continues, sitting up on the couch, "I've got bar debts to pay, so I figure we'd best start looking for new sources of income." He stands and yawns loudly, stretching his arms out to his side before resting them on his head and strutting leisurely towards the others. "I suppose I could go drum up some business, but first things first!"

He disappears once more, and is gone for perhaps ten seconds before reappearing at a table off to the side of the room. He is holding a bottle of whiskey with his left hand and four cigars in the right. He holds up the bottle to the others. "I believe that comin' out of today unscathed is cause enough to drink." He smiles and raises an eyebrow. "You with me?"

drack
2011-05-26, 06:24 PM
Huck smiles throughout the whole sarcastic bit, and smiles some more after. "I suppose Mr.Black can eat now?" Huck replies gesturing vaguely to the dead men "He's been awfully hungry, and I think a nice dish o' that whiskey would help settle him down for the night too.

I don't really see what we did wrong I suppose that may just be because I'm used to running down alleyways with Mr.Black rather than tearing through houses. Than there's that bit that we should lean to work better as a group and not make me drudge up perfectly concealed corpses, than we should work out how they tracked poor Ambie, perhaps take some jobs smuggling longer distance for more pay, perhaps even contract out individually in order to get more in the way of funds, than use them to spread crackerjacks and getaway plans." Huck pauses and thinks better about extending his idea to turning alot of things into jello' and eating them.

"Why is everyone always so cautious?"

Obrysii
2011-05-26, 06:42 PM
Always one to indulge in vice, Ambrose leaned forward to pour himself an ample glass of the stuff - splashing a bit of soda into it as well as if it was filler.

He took a sip, sighed, "This is the life. Hunted because your powers are incidentally illegal, and enjoying the pleasures of life."

Necroticplague
2011-05-27, 12:57 AM
"Thanks for the offer, but my health is poor enough without intentionaly ruining it.

Yes,Tieve, we had three dead. The important part is, none of them were us. The main things is, we got away, so we can add another day. Or in the words of a different criminal of sorts, "It was either us, or them. And I like us alot more then I like them."""

Hawkflight
2011-05-27, 02:21 AM
Meanwhile, several blocks away, Shin (still in cat form) was cornered by a kid. It wasn't that he couldn't take on a kid, it was that he firmly believed in not hurting innocent people ... and kids were always innocent. The only thing this child was guilty of was not knowing to not pick up strange cats. And so there was nothing Shin could do except wait, somewhat irritated, as the child picked him up and forcibly cuddled him.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-30, 01:41 AM
Tieve will continue drinking, and will likely reach an impressive level of inebriation before the night is through. He will eventually retreat to his couch, become ethereal on it, and sleep the night through.

He wakes up the next day late into the morning and approaches the others while yawning and running a hand through his hair. "Well'p! Nothin' like a lovely headache to follow a lovely evening such as that." He trudges over to the table on which he had poured drinks, and pulls a bottle of vodka out of a drawer. He disappears and reemerges at another table, sitting and pouring himself something to take the edge off.

He knocks it back and let's out a short "woo!" before continuing on. "Now, I figure, it's time to be gettin' back to business. Anyone care to join me on a tour of the city's shadiest back-alley arcane emporiums?"

drack
2011-05-30, 07:09 AM
Huck jumps up from arguing with Mr. Black that he should be eating the bones too otherwise the corpses aren't hidden, and quickly seizes the opportunity. "I'll come." :smallbiggrin:

Obrysii
2011-05-30, 08:53 AM
"I'm always up for adventure," Ambrose said, "But I admit I've had a bit to drink."

He also shifted slightly, "Also. My powers are illegal, apparently. Hope that won't spoil the fun."

He smiled - he was having a blast at this. He wanted to know why, but he also sort of wanted to exploit that - if they could track teleportation, perhaps the group could use that to their advantage?

Hawkflight
2011-05-30, 05:53 PM
After almost an hour being kept 'prisoner' by the child, she was called inside for dinner by her mother. Finally free, Shin dashed back to the hideout, not reassuming human form quite yet. He hopped up onto the windowsill, keeping watch for danger.

HeadofVecna
2011-06-01, 04:37 AM
Valashka takes a final rueful swig from a bottle of vodka and stands. "I've never been much of a negotiator when it doesn't involve kneecapping someone. But I'll come, to have some idea of what you two are getting us into if nothing else." She also mutters something about a spirit from hell being the smaller danger, but its indistinct.

Necroticplague
2011-06-01, 05:36 AM
I'll come, if only because it seems like I'm the only one who hasn't been drinking, and I wouldn't trust Mr. Black any farther than I can throw him. Kortin says bluntly as she slowly trods towards everyone else. How are you people up so early already?

tuesdayscoming
2011-06-01, 04:15 PM
"How can we sleep, Kortin, when the reek of profits to be had hangs so heavy in the air? Far be it to think!"

"Very well!" Tieve exclaims in reaction the flood of volunteers to come along. He rises to his feet, gesturing feverishly. "And what shall we seek out this time, ladies and gents? Weapons of terrible destructive power? Artifacts of some ancient civilization, only recently unearthed? A new type of goggle that let's you see through clothing?"

{OOC: The way that my feat that might potentially help us track down new clientele works is that we have to be looking for something in particular. We ask around, and if checks are made successfully, someone points us in the direction of someone who can sell us the item. I don't know how Marxism wants to handle this, but RAW that's the way it works}

drack
2011-06-01, 04:54 PM
Huck thinks for a minute than says "obviously an endless cupboard of snacks... people would die for such a thing nowadays." :smallbiggrin: (yes Huck has noticed)

Hawkflight
2011-06-02, 01:38 PM
Shin stayed in cat form all night, keeping watch. He sometimes did this after the authorities found them, he found it best to keep a low profile in times like these. The others knew this, he had explained himself once.

The next morning, he woke up still on the windowsill. He hopped down, then stepped outside to patrol. He would tag along with the others. He always did.

Obrysii
2011-06-02, 10:02 PM
Ambrose said nothing for a while - before finally saying, "Sssay guyss, d-do you think I-I'm okay to d-drive?"

He fell over. It was getting later on (he figured) and so tried to doze off.

drack
2011-06-02, 11:18 PM
Huck reached down and helped Ambrose into an uncomfortable spot on Mr/ Black's back where the bear's massive spine dug into the psionic's face. "It's OK Ambie, you can come with Mr. Black, after all you did give him a ride yesterday." At the mention of teleporting the Bear's body quakes under Ambrose in a low almost silent growl that all the same shakes Ambrose around... or is that just the booze? :smallconfused:

Marxism
2011-06-16, 11:15 PM
You are currently waiting for either news of your wrongdoing or a new job. You are in a safe house it is just above an abandoned warehouse. You suspect that you will find a job first.

Hawkflight
2011-06-16, 11:24 PM
Shin is still patrolling in cat form.

drack
2011-06-17, 03:00 AM
Huck picks up a stick and with a quick snap of it against the floor he begins playing knights and dragons with Mr. Black... apparently Mr. Black made a better dragon because nine out of ten times Huck would end up under the massive bear's bulk.

Marxism
2011-06-30, 04:06 PM
Time passes maybe about 4 hours before you get the call. The call is from a restricted user. On your telepathic phone. Valashka answers and a man speaks "Hello there how would you like to help me cover up your crime and at the same time help me out.

Obrysii
2011-07-01, 12:32 PM
Nursing a hangover, Ambrose listens to the phone, rubbing his temples. "I drank too much, ooh..."

tuesdayscoming
2011-07-02, 05:19 AM
His alcohol tolerance having grown shockingly high over the last years, Tieve feels fine after the night of drinking.

Never wanting to be left out of "the know," he will do whatever he can to tap into the phone conversation.

If he is somehow able to tap in as a third caller, he will chuckle into the communiqué. "Our crime? No idea what you mean. If you've got business for us, though, can't say I'm not listening."

drack
2011-07-04, 04:14 PM
Huck pipes in "Crime, what's he talking about? And who are you talking too, why am I left out" Huck than proceeds to sulk with all the dignity of a four year old.

Marxism
2011-07-13, 04:50 PM
"Last I checked killing people was a crime. Anyway I will be sending an associate of mine over to give you the business proposal soon." The man on the other side of the phone ends the call after saying that.

Necroticplague
2011-07-13, 05:57 PM
"A yes, the reason I don't own a phone: So I don't end up with such "pleasant" conversations as these. Just woke up, and already I've had someone threaten me." Kortin sarcastically says enthusiastically.