PDA

View Full Version : Masks of Nyarlathotep (IC)

Ezeze
2011-04-20, 07:47 PM
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10825794#post10825794)

It's early January 1925. Father O'Reily has just received an intriguing radiogram from a ship at sea. The message is from Jackson Elias, a writer he has known for several years. The two have worked together several times. They share an interest in the supernatural, although Jackson tends to focus more on debunking it. He has written several books, primarily about how cults manipulate the fears of their followers. His best-selling works include Skulls Along the River (1910) about headhunter cults in the Amazon basin, The Smoking Heart (1915) the first half of which discusses historical Mayan death cults and the second half present-day Central American death cults, and Witch Cults of England (1920) which summarizes covens in nine English countries.

Although Father O'Reily rarely sees Jackson, they have a tight bond. He is feisty and friendly. He is a hardcore skeptic and not easily frightened. The world is better for having Jackson Elias in it.

The radiogram reads as follows:

Have information concerning Carlyle Expedition stop need reliable investigative team stop arrive January 15 stop signed Jackson Elias.

All of Jackson's books are published by Prospero Press of New York City, and all were edited by owner/editor Jonah Kensington. Jonah is another friend of Jackson's, and Father O'Reilyhas meet him multiple times before.

Retro Gamer
2011-04-27, 10:27 PM
Sitting at his desk, bathed in a beam of sunlight that floods through the window of his study, Father O'Reilly puts down his pen, looks away from the sermon he is preparing and again picks up the radiogram. He has read it, what, ten, twelves times now? It is intriguing, to say the least, but hardly unusual for Jackson to appear out of the blue like this, spouting about some theory or discovery that he has just stumbled upon.

Still, the mention of an "investigative team" is puzzling. O'Reilly knows Jackson was digging up some information on the Carlyle Expedition, but it's not something he has taken much interest in himself. His gaze falls upon the signed copy of The Smoking Heart that sits on his bookshelf, and he smiles. Whatever Jackson has gotten himself into, it has already piqued O'Reilly's curiosity enough to draw him in.

He thinks for a moment, then picks up the telephone on his desk.

Each of the calls he places follows a similar pattern: an invitation to tea at Father O'Reilly's house this evening, where he will let everyone in on Jackson's message. Whether they are in or out is up to them, but each of the guests is someone O'Reilly feels he can trust enough to give them the option.

The calls placed, he sits down to finish his sermon.

kirbsys
2011-04-29, 03:48 AM
Raymond is sitting at his desk in his town-house when the call comes from Father O'Reilly. Though he has only been in New York for a relatively short time, the Father quickly made him feel like a part of his flock, and there is something about him that sets him apart from other preachers. Raymond is no passive church goer either; when he has moral dilemmas with his profession, Father O'Reilly is often the first man he goes to for advice.

He immediately accepts the invitation, to do otherwise would go against the way he was raised. Besides, there is something in the priest's voice that made it sound like he had more planned than a bible study or some small favor to ask. Stanton allows himself to hope that this has something to do with the 'unorthodox' views on the occult that the Father is rumored to have.

After hanging up the phone Stanton grabs his coat and briefcase (complete with medical kit), and heads to the street to hail a cab.

Misaat
2011-04-29, 11:13 AM
A single drop of water falls from the rusted pipes on the restaurant's basement. On the corner of the room a dormant figure lies peacefully on a bed as another shadowy one approches it.

"Get up" Says uncle Giovanni as he shackes Mateo awake.

"What is it?" He answers while quickly rolling out of his bed. "Is there some trouble?"

"Nope. Not at all. But i need you to go somewhere with me."

"Go where?" He asks while getting dressed.

" An old friend of mine. Father O'Reilly has invited me to tea at his house. I dont think anything is gonna happen but i want you around just in case. And it'll be good for you to meet new people around here other than that broad at the library. "

"O'Reilly ah? He an Irish?. You' friends with an irish priest?"

"Is there a problem?" His uncle raises an eyebrow.

"Not at all"Said Mateo who personally didnt concern himself with such things. " I just thought i was talking to the same guy who kicked the crap out of some customers sitting at the front tables because one of them had red hair..."

"The Father and i ... Let's just say we share similar interests besides religion... But enough of that... Get ready and meet me at the car outside."

And with that he turned around to leave the room.

"Yes sir" Mateo didnt push the issue any further. He had learned from his earlier works that as long as something from his employer wouldn't involve him it was probably better not to know.

He pushed a copy of "War and peace" he found on the floor under his bed. He'd have to stop by the Library later to return it. He finished getting dressed. And moving one of the drawers on the side he pulled out his gun and stuffed it on the inner pocket of his Jacket next to some clips.

"Just in case." He thought while leaving the basement.

The restaurant was almost empty and he could see his uncle waiting for him on the other side of the front windows.

"This is gonna be a long day..."

Drfaust
2011-04-29, 01:50 PM
Ann woke from a deep sleep by grunting Irish accent of "Ann youve gut a letter from ur holy comrade! Seems important he says to visit 'im for tea". she sits upright and yells in response "I'm sure the good priest will have something more intriguing than tea. Ill stop by and see him this afternoon. Thanks Herold!"

She threw a tattered quilt to the floor, opened a wooden chest on her floor and quickly slipped into a loose fitting, calf length, brown dress. She quickly opened her door and slipped out of her housing complex. She head down the filthy street, towards the basement of a local pub, to meet a local group of radicals.

Retro Gamer
2011-05-01, 08:20 PM
O’Reilly makes short work of preparing his sermon, a fairly routine piece for tomorrow’s mass aimed at encouraging his parishioners to be more charitable towards those less fortunate. He rarely spends too long wording these things, preferring to gauge the mood of the congregation and speak more or less off-the-cuff than sticking rigidly to a pre-scripted message. The work done, he pours himself a small sherry as a reward and sits down to go through his mail, separating it into piles depending on whether he needs to respond to each letter or not. Apart from Jackson’s telegraph, which arrived this morning, there is little that he needs to concern himself with, which he is pleased about.

When the visitors arrive, he greets them warmly and ushers each of them into his parlour, a cosy, well furnished room where refreshments are already prepared and waiting on a small tea trolley.

“Thank you all for coming at such short notice,” he smiles, when everyone has made themselves comfortable. “Help yourself to some tea and cake and get to know each other a little. I’m just going to fetch something from my study that will explain why I’ve asked you over.”

He signals to the trolley and smiles, before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

kirbsys
2011-05-01, 11:02 PM
Stanton grabs a cup of tea before sitting down, then introduces himself. "I'm Raymond, Raymond Stanton. Nice to meet you all.

Misaat
2011-05-02, 04:30 PM
While standing near the doorway Mateo looks around for a while. He was never too fond of holy places... Considering his job , they made him feel... Uneasy.

He leans towards his uncle who is sitting in front of him eating a piece of cake. And speaks to him in italian.

"Non mi immagino siamo qui solo per la torta che stiamo?""I dont suppose we are here just for the cake are we?"

Ezeze
2011-05-02, 07:38 PM
Giovanni shrugs in response to Mateo's question. To Father O'Reilly he says " An odd group, Father. I can't imagine we've got anything in common."

Retro Gamer
2011-05-03, 08:54 PM
Father O’Reilly smiles at Giovanni, but says nothing. In his hand he holds a piece of paper, easily recognisable as a telegraph.

“This,” he says, holding up the telegraph, “is the reason I’ve asked you to come, though hopefully you’ll enjoy the refreshments as well.

“It’s from an old friend of mine - Jackson Elias. He’s a writer, you may or may not be familiar with his work.” He gestures to the bookshelf, where several volumes bearing Elias’ name on the spine are clustered together. “Most of it is about cults, so of obvious interest to a man like myself, but anyone who’s interested in that sort of thing might be aware of some of his more recent stuff. He’s a bit of a sceptic, really, concentrates on debunking occult theories and supposed supernatural happenings. Fascinating stuff, and he’s a good guy as well.

“Now I haven’t seen him for a while, but I got this telegraph this morning from a ship at sea: Have information concerning Carlyle Expedition stop. Need reliable investigative team stop. Arrive January fifteenth stop. Signed Jackson Elias.

“I don’t know much about the Carlyle Expedition, but I think you’ll agree it’s intriguing, at least. I’m already curious enough to see what he has to say when he gets into town. Now this bit about the investigative team: I’ve known you all long enough to know that you’re people I can work with. I know you don’t all know each other, but I know what you’re all capable of, and I think we could make a great team to look into whatever it is Jackson’s cooked up this time.

“Now don’t feel like you have to, you can say no. But it’d be good to at least find out what he’s got to say, don’t you think?”

Drfaust
2011-05-03, 09:33 PM
Ann sets down a steaming cup of tea and clears her throat

"I assumed this would be more than a simple cup of tea! Father if I can be of assistance to you in any way, I would love to. Assuming of course I will be properly compensated"

Retro Gamer
2011-05-03, 09:50 PM
O'Reilly raises an eyebrow, then chuckles. "Well, that is up to Jackson of course," he says. "I'm personally doing a favour for a friend, but I can't expect the same from those who have never met him, I suppose. But I'm sure Jackson will find some way of thanking you for any help you give him."

Misaat
2011-05-03, 11:01 PM
"Jackson... i think i've seen some of his books at the library..."

While thinking that Mateo speaks calmly with his uncle.

"Hai intenzione di unirsi a questa squadra vecchio? Che ne Il Ristorante?"

"Are you gonna join this old man's team? What about the restaurant? "

Ezeze
2011-05-04, 08:29 PM
"Mateo, you're being rude. Speak in a language our host understands." He nods his head toward Father O'Reilly.

"Forgive him, he was only asking if this would interfere with running my restaurant. Unfortunately, I fear it would. I am no longer as young as I used to be Father. I have obligations now. A family." He finishes his cake with a contemplative look on his face. "But Mateo can go with you. Right, Mateo?"

Misaat
2011-05-04, 09:30 PM
Mateo stands up straight and looks at the priest as he answers.

"... I don't know how much of use i might be but it sounds interesting "

" Besides It'll be easier to lay-low in the middle of the sea than here... Who knows maybe i could already go back to Italy when i get back "

kirbsys
2011-05-04, 11:15 PM
"I'm already interested. The amount I could learn about anthropology while investigating the occult is huge, and I do have some vacation time accrued. I'll let the hospital know first thing in the morning."

Ezeze
2011-05-05, 07:53 AM
Giovanni stands and pats Maeto's shoulder, putting aside the now empty plate and fork. "If you'll excuse me, Father, I'll be going. I'm sure you all have a lot to talk about." He smiles once more at everyone in the room then lets himself out.

Retro Gamer
2011-05-05, 06:04 PM
“Well thanks for coming, great to see you again,” says O’Reilly to the departing Giovanni, “and good to meet your Mateo.

“Folks, I honestly don’t know any more at this stage than what I’ve just told you, but it looks like we’ve got a couple of weeks until Jackson gets here. How about we do some digging around on this Carlyle Expedition so we’ve got some idea of what he’s talking about when we meet him? It might give us some clues as to what he’s up to, and what he wants help with. I’ll get in touch with his publisher too, who I’ve met a few times. See if he knows what Jackson’s plans are.

“Feel free to borrow any of Jackson’s books from me too. They’re pretty interesting, and will give you an idea of the sort of work he does.” He again indicates the section of his bookshelf that contains the published works of Jackson Elias.

Ezeze
2011-05-14, 11:17 AM
O'Reilly
Kensington is delighted to hear from you - it's been a while, after all - and is happy to either have you visit or to come to your home.

Mateo
Your visit to the library proves informative. A simple inquiry to the librarian directs you to their back-log of old newspapers. You find the following articles:

New York Post. April 5, 1919
Carlyle Expedition Embarks for England
Led by the fabulously-wealthy playboy Rodger Carlyle, the Carlyle expedition departed this morning for Southamption aboard the crack British steamship Imperial Standard.
Contrary to earlier reports, the expedition will perform reasearches in London under the auspices of the Penhew Foundation before continuing to Egypt next month.
Readers may recall the enormous party which Mr. Carlyle, now 24, gave at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel upon reaching his majority. Since then, scandals and indelicate behavior have become Carlyle's trademark, but he never has become tarnished in the eyes of Manhattanites.
Members of the expedition have been reluctant to reveal their purpose in Egyps.
Renowned Egyptologist Sir Aubrey Penhew is assistant leader of the team, and in charge of excavations.
Dr. Rober Huston, a fashionable 'Frudian' psychologist, accompanies the expedition to pursue parallel researches into ancient pictographs.
Miss Hypatia Masters, linked in the past to Carlyle, will act as photographer and archivist.
Mr Jack Brandy, intimate to Mr Carlyle, accompanies the group as general factorum.
Additional members may be secured while in London.

New York Poste. July 13, 1919.
Carlyle Departs Egypt
CAIRO - Sir Aubry Penhew, temporary spokesman for the Carlyle Expedition, indicated Monday that the leaders were taking ship to East Africa for a 'well-earned rest.'
Sir Aubrey debunked rumors that the expedition had discovered clues to the legendary wealth of the lost mines of King Soloman, maintaining that the party was going on safari "in respite from our sandy labors."
Roger Carlyle, wealthy New York leader of the expedition, was unavailable for comment, still suffering from his recent sunstroke.
Discussing that unfortunate incident, local experts declared Egypt entirely too hot for Anglo-Saxons at this time of year, and suggested that the young American had not been well-served by his democratic enthusiasm, rumored to have led him to personally wield pick and shovel.

New York Poste. Oct 15, 1919.
Carlyle Expedition Feared Lost
MOMBASA - Uplands police representatives today asked for public assistance concerning the disappearance of the Carlyle Expedition. No word of the party has been received in nearly two months.
The group includes wealthy playboy Roger Carlyle and three other American citizens, as well as respected Egyptologist Sir Aubrey Penhew of the United Kingdom.
The expedition left Nairobi on August 3, ostensibly on camera safari, but rumor insisted that they actually were after legendary Biblical treasures.
Carlyle and his party reportedly intent to explore portions of the Great Rift Valley, to the northwest of Nairobi.

New York Poste, March 11, 1920.
Erica Carlyle Arrives in Africa
MOMBASA - In response to clues, Miss Erica Carlyle, sister to the American leader of the lost Carlyle Expedition, arrived in port today aboard the Egyptian vessel Fount of Life.
Several Kikuyu-villager reports recently have been received concerning the punitive massacre of unnamed whites near Aberdare Forest.
Miss Carlyle declared her intention to find her brother, regardless of the effort needed. She brought with her the nucleus of a large expedition.
Detailing agents to coordinate supply and other activities with Colony representatives, Miss Carlyle and the remainder of the party depart for Nairobi tomorrow.
Her companion, Mrs Victoria Post, indirectly emphasized Miss Carlyle's purposefulness by recounting the rigors of the voyage aboard the Semite ship.

New York Poste, May 24, 1920.
Carlyle Massacre Confirmed.
NAIROBI - The massacre of the long-missing Carlyle expedition was confirmed today by district police representatives. Roger Carlyle, New York's rollicking playboy, is counted among the missing.
Authorities blame hostile Nandi tribesmen for the shocking murders. Remains of at least two dozen expedition members and bearers are thought found in several concealed grave sites.
Erica Carlyle, Roger Carlyle's sister and apparent heiress to the Carlyle family fortune, led the dangerous search for her brother and his party. She credited Kikuyu tribesmen for the discovery, though police actually found the site.
Among other expedition members believed lost are Sir Aubrey Penhew, noted Egyptologist; New York socialite Hypatia Masters, and Dr Robert Huston. Many bearers are also reported dead.

New York Poste. June 19, 1920.
Murderers Hanged
NAIROBI - Five Nandi tribesmen, convicted ringleaders of the vicious Carlyle Expedition massacre, were executed this morning after a short, expertly-conducted trial.
To the end, the tribesmen steadfastly refused to reveal where they had hidden the bodies of the white leaders of the expedition. Mr Harvis, acting for the colony, cleverly implied throughout the trial that the massacre was racial in motivation, and that the fair-skinned victims were taken to a secret location, there to suffer the most savage treatment.
Miss Erica Carlyle, defeated in her efforts to rescue her brother, left several weeks ago, but is surely comforted now by the triumph of justice.

Ann
In his books, Jackson unflinchingly illustrates how cults manipulate the fears of their followers. He is highly skeptical and cuts through any supposed supernatural powers, magic or dark gods to claim that feelings of inadequacy characterize death cultists, feelings for which they compensate by slaughtering innocents to make themselves feel powerful or chosen. According to him, cults draw the weak-minded, though cult leaders are usually clever and manipulative. When feat of a cult stops, the cult vanishes.

Retro Gamer
2011-05-15, 06:22 PM
O'Reilly arranges to visit Jonah Kensington the next day, and takes Jackson's telegram with him. After exchanging pleasantries, he shows it to the publisher and asks if he knows what Jackson is currently working on, and whether he has any knowledge of the Carlyle Expedition reference, and what it means to their mutual friend.

Drfaust
2011-05-15, 07:25 PM
Ann begins to ask around the immigrant worker community, for information concerning cults, and Jackson.

Ezeze
2011-05-15, 08:04 PM
Father Timothy O'Reilly
Kensington smiles grimly when you show him the telegram. "Jackson's got you doing his leg work, eh? Nasty business, with what happened to that expedition. It was all over the news for the last few months. How much do you know about it?

Ann Preuss
For the most part you get strange looks. On one occasion an earnest older woman directs you, in broken English, to a church.

kirbsys
2011-05-15, 10:22 PM
It takes him a few days to think of it, but Stanton suddenly has the idea that perhaps someone in the anthropology department at his Alma Mater might know something about Jackson. There was a lot of interest in cult activities back at Miskatonic. He phones a few old professors and friends, just to see if anyone knows anything about his studies.

Ezeze
2011-05-17, 12:15 PM
Raymond Stanton
Through your inquiries you find that Jackson is a respected academic in the burgeoning field of Anthropology, though less scientifically thorough than some professors would like. His works have been widely read.

Retro Gamer
2011-05-17, 05:01 PM
"Who knows what he wants?" shrugs O'Reilly. "One thing I've learned about Jackson: expect the unexpected.

"To be honest I know nothing about the Carlyle Expedition. That one must have passed me by. I assume that to get our friend interested there's something cult-related in the whole business? Is he working on a book right now?"

Ezeze
2011-05-19, 01:30 PM
Father Timothy O'Reilly
"Well, Rodger Carlyle is - was - a socialite of some repute here in New York. It seems lately he's become enamored with ancient civilizations. He financed and lead the Carlyle Expedition, named after himself, to Britain to recruit from the Penhew Foundation and then to Egypt. Rumor was they found something related to Solomon's Mines. After some time the expedition contuned on to Africa. Supposedly on safari. Then they went missing. Later it was confirmed that they had been slaughtered by local tribesmen. Several tribesmen were found guilty of the crime and hanged."

Kensington pauses a moment to let you absorb the information, before he continues.

"Jackson believes... Well, I'm not quite sure what Jackson believes, to be honest. He sent me a copy of his transcript so far. It's far from complete, you understand, but I can show it to you if you like."

Retro Gamer
2011-05-19, 09:26 PM
O'Reilly blinks. How did that one pass him by? He does recall some vague story about an expedition in Africa going wrong, but he can't remember any details, or even the name 'Carlyle.'

"That'd be grand," he says at Kensington's offer of the manuscript. "Whatever Jackson's cooking, it'd be good to have a head start.

"I might have a dig around at the library and see if they've still got the newspaper stories on that Carlyle thing as well."

He supposes that Mateo might have uncovered something at the archives, but is reluctant to let on to Jonah that he has involved anyone else yet.

Ezeze
2011-05-20, 12:00 PM
Father Timothy O'Reilly
Kensington hands you several stacks of paper covered in Elias' neat printing and papercliped into eight sets. They are well-organized, but are remarkable for the absence of conclusions, connections or clearly-defined themes. Right now, the book is mostly just jumbled research.

Kensington is willing to let you take this set of notes home with you - he has another copy - and that is good, because they may take you a while to peruse.

Set One sets forth the offices, officials and tribes which Elias visited in Nairobi, searching for material concerning cults and cult rituals. Nothing conclusive was learned, though Elias discounts the official version of the Carlyle massagre.

Set Two describes his trip to the massacre site. He notes particularly that the earth there is completely barren, and that all the tribes of the region avoid the place, saying it is cursed by the God of the Black Winds, whose home is the mountain top.

Set Three is an interview with a Johnstone Kenyatta, who says that the Carlyle murders may have been performed by the cult of the Bloody Tongue. He says that the cult reputedly is based in the mountains, and that its high priestess is a part of the Mountain of the Black Winds. Elias is politely skeptical, but Kenyatta insists upon the point. In quotes, Elias records that regional tribes fear and hate the Bloody Tongue, that tribal magic is of no protection against the cult, and that the cult's god is not of Africa.

Set Four follows up on the Kenyatta interview. Elias confirms from several good sources that the Bloody Tongue exists, though he finds no first-hand evidence of it. Tales include children stolen for sacrifice. Creatures with great wings are said to come down from the Mountain of the Black Winds and carry off people. The cult worships a god unknown to folklorists, one fitting no traditional African pattern. Elias in particular cites "Sam Mariga, rr-sta."

Set Five is a single sheet reminding Elias that the Cairo-based portion of the Carlyle itinerary must be examined carefully. He believes that the reason which prompted Carlyle's Kenyan sidetrip is on the Nile.

Set Six is a long interview with Lt. Mark Selkirk, leader of the men who actually found the remains of the Carlyle Expedition, and a Kenya hand since the Great War and the fight against the resourceful von Lettow. Importantly, Selkirk says that the bodies were remarkably undecayed for the length of time which they lay in the open - "almost as if decay itself wouldn't come near the place." Secondly, the men had been torn apart, as if by animals, though what sorts of animals would pull apart bodies so systematically he could not guess. "Unimaginable. Inexplicable." Selkirk agrees that the Nandis may have had something to do with the episode, but suspects that the charges against the ringleaders were trumped-up. "It wouldn't be the first time," he says cynically. Finally, Selkirk confirms that no Caucasians were found among the dead - only corpses of the Kenyan bearers were scattered across the barren plain.

Set Seven is another single sheet. Elias ran into Nails Nelson at the Victoria Bar in Nairobi. Nelson had been a mercenary for the Italians on the Somali-Abyssinian border, and had escaped into Kenya after double-crossing his employers. Nelson claimed to have seen Jack Brandy alive (march of 1923) in Hong Kong, less than two years before Elias was in Kenya and long after the Kenyan court declared that Brandy and the rest of the expedition were dead. Brandy was friendly, though guarded and taciturn. Nelson didn't press the conversation. From this report Elias deduced that other members of the expedition might still be alive.

Set Eight discusses a possible structure for the Carlyle book, but is mostly featureless.

Retro Gamer
2011-05-23, 03:59 PM
O'Reilly gives Kensington his sincere thanks, and a promise not to leave it so long before dropping by again, and heads home with the manuscript. He sends telegrams to the other members of the "team," arranging a meeting in just over a week's time, a few days before Jackson is due to arrive. There, they can share the results of their preliminary research.

Over the next week or so, he juggles his clerical duties with an examination of Jackson's manuscript, eagerly anticipating the arrival of his old friend,

kirbsys
2011-05-25, 01:15 PM
Stanton sends letters thanking his contacts at Miskatonic, although he is slightly disappointed the didn't find more. He puts in his request for time off at the hospital for a 'personal field research trip.' When he gets the telegram from Father O'Reailly he eagerly looks forwards to the date, and when it comes heads to the Father's house once more.

Ezeze
2011-05-26, 09:22 PM
The group meets up without problems at Father O'Reilly's home.

Retro Gamer
2011-05-29, 09:25 PM
“Well I don’t know about you, but I’ve had a pretty interesting time,” says O’Reilly to the others assembled in his study. Again, a trolley is laden with tea and cakes, but this time several reams of paper are stacked neatly on the desk next to a writing pad containing copious notes, musings and sketches. “I paid a visit to Jackson’s publisher, who gave me the lowdown on my friend’s latest project. This,” he sweeps his arm to indicate the stack of paper, “is a copy of his notes. Interesting stuff. Fascinating, actually. It’s certainly shown me that whatever Jackson wants help with, it’s not going to be boring.

“But why don’t you guys go first? Dig up anything interesting?”

Misaat
2011-05-30, 01:28 AM
Mateo is stands near the doorway. His job had taught him to always stand near the exit of an unknown place. He speaks in a firm but calm tone.

" I found various pieces of a newspaper that talked about the Carlyle Expedition. I must say they didnt really fare well..."

Then he begins recollecting the stories he read at the library.

Retro Gamer
2011-05-30, 04:03 PM
O'Reilly nods. "Good work. Jackson's notes confirm as much, but he's also turned up a lot that he seems to think links the fate of Mr Carlyle with cult activity."

He puts his hand on the manuscript and recounts what he has surmised from several thorough readings of it.

Ezeze
2011-06-02, 05:23 PM
Early morning on January 15th Jackson Elias calls Father O'Reily. He sounds anxious, perhaps even frightened. "Hey O'Reily, is that you?"

Retro Gamer
2011-06-02, 07:33 PM
"Well, well, Mr. Jackson Elias!" says O'Reilly enthusiastically, but then notices the nervous tone in Jackson's voice. "Is everything alright? Jonah gave me some of your notes, seems like you've got into something pretty interesting there."

Ezeze
2011-06-02, 08:31 PM
"Yeah" Jackson agrees, though he doesn't sound overly enthusiastic and he quickly changes the subject "you got a group together, right?"

Retro Gamer
2011-06-02, 08:49 PM
"Yes," replies O'Reilly. "I haven't heard from a couple of them for a week or so, but I'm pretty sure they're in. So what's the next step?"

Ezeze
2011-06-03, 05:09 AM
"Have everyone meet me tonight at the Chelsea Hotel, room 410, 8 pm."

Retro Gamer
2011-06-06, 01:29 AM
Surmising that Jackson is unwilling – or unable – to talk further, O’Reilly hands up the telephone and sets about notifying the others to meet him in the foyer of the Chelsea Hotel at 7.30 this evening.

In the meantime he keeps himself busy with his church duties, though he cannot stop thinking about what the meeting with Jackson will bring. He is so anxious about it, in fact, that he arrives at the hotel a full hour early and sits in the lobby, skimming through a newspaper while he waits for the others to show up. By the time the first of them gets there, he has read the front page eight times, but cannot remember a word of it.

Drfaust
2011-06-06, 07:09 AM
Ann arrives looking incredibly flustered. I am so sorry I could not make it to our last meeting Ann proclaims in a exhausted tone to O'Reilly. It seems as though the the local police force had a objection to some of my comrades more...violent tendencies. Well, that is nature of the revolution. Anyway I am glad to see you here Father. I am exited to aid you in anyway you need, given the help you have provided for the cause.
Ann collapses in a chair next to O'Reilly.
I must say although I only skimmed your instructions the nature of this meeting seemed rather vague.

Ezeze
2011-06-12, 04:13 PM
As a reminder, Father O'Reilly was instructed to meet Elias in room 410.

Are you all going to just wait in the foyer?