PDA

View Full Version : [3.5, E6] Working on A Fiend/Outsider Class

ThisOne
2011-04-20, 10:53 PM
Okay, so I'm getting back into 3.5 (and E6/E8) after a fairly long hiatus, but being the Planescape-addicted fellow that I am I realize that all the evil and good outsiders don't really mesh so well with E6/E8, and I want to be able to make them scale more reasonably with everything else. Also, I figured that it'd make sense to kill two birds with one stone. Instead of depowering every single exemplar, I'm hoping to create a menu-based class system that will also make outsiders more easily playable. Unfortunately, it's been all talk so far, figuring out how to make things like resistances, SLAs, flight, ability bumps, etc. work in a fairly traditional class is rather mind-bending work. At this point, I'm looking for help on this project because I feel like I don't have the experience to deal with all the game balance stuff. Ultimately, the goal is fairly modest: an 8-10 level base class with a large selection of reasonably balanced abilities that make it possible to create depowered versions of everyone's favorite fiends (and celestials too).

togapika
2011-04-21, 01:16 AM
What, no genies?