PDA

View Full Version : Trungeon IC Thread

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-21, 07:01 AM
You enter the old dangerous dungeon on a dangerous mission. If you can recover the Diamond Heart at the center of this massively trapped dungeon, you will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams. If not, you will probably be dead, and found by the next group.

The first room, after a long and uneventful corridor, leaves you with a choice. It is 25ftx25ft with a 10 ft ceiling. At the center of each wall is a stout wooden door. The corridor behind you (facing west where you enterred from) is the only one without a door.

drack
2011-04-21, 08:30 AM
Ahen walks over to the east door and knocks on it with his scyth calling back "So, should we split up, or just bash the first one we see?" Despite how natural it sounds Ahen doesn't appear to be speaking with anyone in the party, but rather as if someone stood beside him in front of the door. :smallbiggrin:

Burnheart
2011-04-21, 08:54 AM
"and let you grab the treasure and keep it for your self, not likely we stay together" Tornak responds from his saddle on top of his bat.

drack
2011-04-21, 09:05 AM
Ahan turns as if just realizing that Tornak was there "huh? why is there a bat in a cave?... Anyways, kids should learn proper respect for grownups."
He gives the dwarf a vary disapproving look. "Now allow the adults to speak."

Burnheart
2011-04-21, 10:22 AM
"Right listen here you" Tornak says in a icy tone "I'm a Dwarf not a child and i'm older than you. Remember that" Turning to the others "Right gather round i've a spell to cast on us that will help with any injuries"

Cast healing Rest (this takes 10 minutes)

drack
2011-04-21, 10:48 AM
Ahen looks quizzically at the dwarf "last I recall dwarves looked a little more... mature than kids, now you can feign anger all you want, but when all is said and done kids should do what they're told, and not speak back to grownups." As he speaks Ahen's head lulls back and forth, and he flicks his scythe around carelessly, and it appears as if he nearly lost his head once or twice already. "play with your pet or something in the mean time"

darkillini
2011-04-21, 02:07 PM
children children, no need to be fighting already, and you says heian as he turns to the maniac with the flinging sythe don't let the stout one get angry with you, just offer to trim his beard if he disagrees, oh and speaking of hair cuts could ya take a little of the top for me with that handsome blade of yours, mines gotten a bit long recently motioning towords his foot and a half long hair at the time.

having said this he will attempt to detect magic on all the doors/ paths (if he picks anything up he will scan further, the whole 3 round duration)

drack
2011-04-21, 02:19 PM
Ahen twirls his way around the warlock and plants the icy cold back of his blade against the warlock's neck before swiftly swiping back his scythe (and most of Heian's hare) as he becomes deeply engrossed in a conversation with another patch of empty space. "No Mrs. Joans, I haven't seen poor whiskers, has he gone missing again?"

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-21, 04:27 PM
There are no magical auras along any of the paths. However, some distance, and passing through the doors limits the range of your spell.

darkillini
2011-04-21, 04:46 PM
I like the new look. Now about these doors..mumbles heian as he reaches around in his bag for something eventually pulling out a 10 foot stick(quarter staff baisicly) oh goody I found my tool. To poke or to break down and charge? he asks the rest of the group

drack
2011-04-21, 04:55 PM
Looking you right in the face. "I'd say we're better off getting it done. Why would we poke anyways mister bird, you know that that's rude. Just get on with your business and leave them to theirs." By this point it becomes obvious that he isn't looking right at you for once, but rather at something that may or may not be on your head.

darkillini
2011-04-21, 05:00 PM
mr. bird says that its time to go east saying this heian puts his "tool" back in the bag steps away from the door points a finger at the east door and says upsy dasi, upsy mazy. UPSY DAISY using baleful utterance (shatter) on the east door

Burnheart
2011-04-21, 05:10 PM
"Why did i come here with him" Tornak groans while looking at Ahen "Before any of us goes through that very nice hole you just made, let me use this" he holds up a small bag then walks to the door that heian just blasted and reaches into the bag then pulls something out and throws it through the door.

Use bag of tricks grey [roll0], throw fur ball through the east door

Volos
2011-04-21, 07:11 PM
The clicking of leather boots intermixed with the tapping of a cane follows them from a distance, as Damian finally arrives. "Or you could let me do my work. If all of you are so impacient, how do you plan to survive? Honestly..." The human sighs while rubbing at his eye patch. He approaches the door, whether or not a whole has become blasted in it. The man's unattentive eye suddenly becomes active as he scans the immediate area. While he is doing this, it doesn't appear that he notices (or rather can notice) anyone or anything else going on. He uses his cane, poking at bits of stone work or the door itself. His other hand reaches into his pouch, jingling around something that makes a metal on metal sound as well as a wood knocking sound.

drack
2011-04-21, 07:14 PM
Ahen walks over to the man, than without warning swings his scythe down in front of the man's face before wandering off to speak with... it's kinda hard to tell what he's speaking to because he doesn't seam to be speaking an intelligible language.

darkillini
2011-04-21, 07:25 PM
While the man with a can stares at what should now be a nice hole in the wall. Heian looks around the room to see if there were any other things worth noticing.

search check. [roll0]

Burnheart
2011-04-21, 07:32 PM
"Finally someone sensible" Tornak says "And as for being impatient, i happen to think letting that madman" he jerks his head in the direction of Ahen "Go first to spring traps is a valid strategy for surviving this Dungeon"

drack
2011-04-21, 07:45 PM
Ahan suddenly goes back to swinging his scythe is a wide arc near the dwarf's face, and in the third repetition nicking his beard. Than he wanders over to stare intensely at the broken door with he Damian.
trying to spot a tiny imaginary spirit (lets give it a +5 circumstantial since it is his head): [roll0]
and If I see any traps I may as well roll[roll1] either way here's to trying :smallbiggrin: oops, that second one was supposed to be +2 (search not spot)

also about how long is the hallway beyond the shattered door assuming we can see?
Bored by the lack of tiny spirits he goes over to chat idly with Hein about how it's so sunny today.

Volos
2011-04-21, 07:54 PM
Damian seems very interested in his work, still scratching and rubbing at the area around his eye patch from time to time. He suddenly perks his head up, looking over his shoulder to Tornak. "Hmm? I'm sorry, did you say something..." Before he can finish saying what he started, he gets caught up in searching the immediate area again.

Burnheart
2011-04-21, 07:58 PM
Tornak looks down at his beard then just glares at Ahan without saying a word.

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-22, 07:36 AM
(Healthful Rest is cast succesfully)

The door is indeed shattered, and the rogue finds nothing in the immediate area of the door. The druid hurls a badger down the hallway. It makes a loud squeal as it hits the ground hard. There are no other noises.

The corridor beyond the door extends for at least 60 feet. It is 10 feet wide, and every 10 feet there are alcoves on both sides with large statues of knights.

drack
2011-04-22, 07:41 AM
Ahen walks up to a knight and slashes at it's torso. Assuming nothing happens he'll continue down the hallway cutting every one he finds while whistling some odd ditty.
Obscene number of slash rolls:

Hit: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Hit: [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Hit: [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
Hit: [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Hit: [roll8]
Damage [roll9]
Hit: [roll10]
Damage [roll11]
Hit: [roll12]
Damage [roll13]
Hit: [roll14]
Damage [roll15]
Hit: [roll16]
Damage [roll17]
Hit: [roll18]
Damage [roll19]
Hit: [roll20]
Damage [roll21]
Hit: [roll22]
Damage [roll23]
Hit: [roll24]
Damage [roll25]
Hit: [roll26]
Damage [roll27]
Hit: [roll28]
Damage [roll29]
Hit: [roll30]
Damage [roll31]
Hit: [roll32]
Damage [roll33]

Burnheart
2011-04-22, 09:16 AM
"Keep moving down the corridor until your path is blocked, then stay there until i tell you different" Tornak orders the badger. Turning to Damian " Now that the madman has got ahead of us is there any point in searching for traps? Shorely he'll just spring any before you can find them"

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-22, 09:57 AM
As Ahen attacks the first knight, there are several twangs. From very well hidden holes, four arrows fly at him. He dodges, or his armor protects him from three of them, but one buries itself in his back (3 damage).

The badger runs off, out of sight.

Mysterious rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

drack
2011-04-22, 12:01 PM
Ahan leans forwards as he twists his hand all the way around his back to puck out the dart. Than gathering the others from his armor he tosser one to the weird man who can't stop starring at things, and pockets the rest. Intrigued, and as any living being curious to see if it will happen again he takes another swing at the suit of armor (if nothing happens he'll try the next one) :smallamused:
tell m if I should roll
idiocy check [roll0] (minus int mod)

darkillini
2011-04-22, 12:09 PM
Heian skips along cheerfully with the group whistling softly. When the arrows fly however he turns to the dwarf and says we didn't need any more animals yet, whyed you pull a porcupine outa your bag? and then continue skipping after the mad barber.

every so often stoping to detect magic in upcoming sections he hasn't scanned yet

Burnheart
2011-04-22, 12:33 PM
Groans "Why did i think you people would be able to help me get the Diamond Heart" Tornak says "you're all crazy to some degree"

drack
2011-04-22, 12:35 PM
Ahen turns back to the dwarf (chances are with a few more darts in his face) We're not the one standing around doing nothing, if you wanna call someone lazy call yourself it kid. :smallannoyed:

Burnheart
2011-04-22, 12:46 PM
"I said crazy not lazy you, oh just forget it lets go Reiguk" Urges his bat forward through the door making sure to keep 10ft behind Ahen.

darkillini
2011-04-22, 01:01 PM
Heian chuckles at the dwarfs comment. were crazy? your the one riding a bat... on the ground short stack

drack
2011-04-22, 01:06 PM
Ahen consults the now cleaved suit of armor before telling Hein "you know, if you wanna break something you can take these ones, and we can let the kid take the next ones." :smallbiggrin:

darkillini
2011-04-22, 04:43 PM
well ya convinced me says heian as he turns to the next knight in the passage points a finger and says abra kadabra! Abra KABOOM! and uses shatter sla on it.

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-24, 11:44 AM
The insane man smashes the suits of armor to bits. Nothing further happens.

(Not sure if helan intends to attackb the first set of statues, whoch have been beaten to pieces, or the next two down the corridor)

Burnheart
2011-04-24, 12:16 PM
"If you two have finished playing, perhaps we can give mister Trap expert here a chance to earn his share of the loot" Tornak says with barely consealed Contempt.

drack
2011-04-24, 12:18 PM
"No-no-no-no, it was agreed that the kid takes the next one, now hurry along lad." Ahen begins nudging the dwarf with the back end of his scythe.

Volos
2011-04-24, 12:31 PM
"So you wish to send him to his death while destroying anything of value? Gods I hope the payoff is worth all this." Damian follows behind, seeing if he can't spot anything before the dwarf is killed. He uses his cane to poke about, aiding in his search while hopefully keeping himself out of the way. It did not appear that he needed the cane to walk, but rather kept it for this purpose.

Search [roll0]

darkillini
2011-04-24, 12:46 PM
guess I was destroying the same ones
aye was decided the dawrf goes. And really you should try this destroying thing, you might find your grumpy little self liberated heian says with a large grin on his face. He follows along looking for anything he can see while checking for magic like normal

search [roll0]

drack
2011-04-24, 12:54 PM
Ahen whips his scythe back around away from the dwarf. "Fine you deal with this one." than continues muttering not so softly "Aww well I knew the kid wasn't tough enough to ruff it without daddy's supervision."

Burnheart
2011-04-25, 07:16 PM
"Look lets just get moving alright, i'll bring up the rear" Tornak gestures down the corridor with his hand as if to urge the others along.

drack
2011-04-25, 07:34 PM
Ahen stops short bringing his scythe along beside the dwarf's face such that he could be looking him and his reflection in the face at once (making it look to the dwarf ass if thee was another madman staring at him through the scythe) "But it's your turn soon. You wouldn't wanna let us have all the fun now would you kid?"

Burnheart
2011-04-25, 08:44 PM
"Actually i would madman" Tornak repiles with a glare "I'm here to get the Diamond Heart and if i don't have to it share with the rest of you because the traps have got you so much the better"

darkillini
2011-04-25, 11:52 PM
why don't we meet in the middle, tell your badger to go hit both those statues. You get to stay back, and we get to enjoy the "fun" mentions heian.

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-26, 01:31 AM
There do not appear to be any traps in the immediate area, including the next section with a pair of statues (will be providing a map next update).

Burnheart
2011-04-26, 06:07 AM
"If its still alive and can hear me, hey you" he calls out down the corrider "get back here and start smashing these statues"

drack
2011-04-26, 02:46 PM
"Hmm, are you sure you wouldn't like to?" Ahen asks sceptically, blissfully ignorant of the badger. After a moment of intensely staring into the dwarf's eyes. "Suit yourself, I knew your kind were cowards." With this Ahen strides down the hallway and slashes each of the next two statues down the middle.

Hit:[roll0]
[roll2]
damage:[roll1]
[roll3]

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-26, 08:29 PM
is the bat flying, and if so how high off the ground? top of the corridor is about 10ft from the bottom, and your bat can probably fly up to about 3ft off the ground comfortably with a dorf mounted.

drack
2011-04-27, 04:46 PM
oops, forgot an attack roll for if I see anything move there. (like a helpless badger, or some other fiend that could be lurking.) the bat is walking according to burnheart.

[roll0]
[roll1]

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-28, 08:59 AM
As Ahen strikes the next two statues, more arrows fly out at him. This time, two arrows hit him (6 total damage). He also feels something burning in his veins. It burns away at his very constituition, dealing 5 Con damage.

There is no response from the badger. However, as the dwarf heads forward, his mount saves him as a pit drops out below them. Deftly, the bat floats forward. The pit is at least 40 feet deep, with sharp spikes at the bottom. It blocks the corridor, requiring the others to jump or climb over it (10 foot gap).

drack
2011-04-28, 09:25 AM
(fort save reduced to +5)
Yet again Ahen gathers the bolts and stows them, after all from the weakness that was beginning to crawl through his arm he could assume that if nothing else the poison on them would be worth something. (how many are there by now?) Than he continues on ignoring the remaining statues. Calling back "hope nobody does something silly and dies back there."

Burnheart
2011-04-28, 10:19 AM
"This is unacceptably" Tornak says crossly "Let me down" as his bat lands Tornak dismounts "Right you lot, i'm going to let you ride my bat one at a time to cross this pit but if you do anything funny" Glares at Ahen "I'll tell him to turn over in the air and drop you into the pit, got it?"

darkillini
2011-04-28, 11:32 AM
its not that I don't trust you..starts heian as he meanders over to the edge of the pit and looks down, but my mommy always told me, son, if I ever see you riding bats I will curse you forever oh well im next with that he sticks his finger out says bipity bopity boom and proceds to shatter the spikes at the bottem

also what size is the bat? If its medium non of us but the dwarf can ride it.

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-30, 02:51 PM
If you wouldn't mind rolling a handle animal (rider or druid whichever is higher) and a ride check.

Ill also need your weight (including gear) for all riders.

tigerusthegreat
2011-05-01, 02:34 PM
Heian makes it across safely.

darkillini
2011-05-02, 10:42 PM
well that was a fun flight. Now that we've got numbers on either side let's tie a rope to everyone crossing, then w can at least drag them up if they fall. as he says this he hauls a rope out of his sack and gets ready to shrow it across. Before he throws it he hesitates a second thinking about what ahus would do with the rope. im actually kinda thinking he gonna pull me in if I throw a rope to him.. soo why don't you go next cane man? and prepares to throw it to him.

drack
2011-05-03, 06:14 AM
Ahen groans for everyone to hurry up and stop wondering how fun it would be to take a dive unless they're really gonna. :smallbiggrin:

Burnheart
2011-05-03, 08:50 AM
"Damian you at least seem senseable hurry up and get over here before the madman gets us killed please"

tigerusthegreat
2011-05-03, 11:46 AM
The bat leaps and tries to fly across the gap with the rogue on his back. However, he drops like a stone, flapping as hard as possible. The rope gets tight as both disappear from view.

Strength checks for anyone holding the rope to stop the rogue from falling.

Burnheart
2011-05-03, 12:38 PM
"Reiguk you idiot just flip over and drop him then fly out of there" Tornak yells out in Dwarven "Pull you lazy bastards pull" he calls out in comman to the others.

Strength check [roll0]

darkillini
2011-05-03, 05:00 PM
Seeing the bat plumment heian shouts heave ho! and pulls as hard as he can
str: [roll0]

drack
2011-05-05, 04:07 PM
ahen gives the end of the rope a yank to see if h can pull hard enough to pull it out of everyone else's hands :smallbiggrin:
strength check
[roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2011-05-06, 12:08 AM
There is a very loud thud, and a bat screeching. The rogue is pulled up, bruised, but alive (18 subdual damage). The bat is slightly worse off, with several deep scratches on its belly (12 damage).

Burnheart
2011-05-06, 08:09 AM
"Reiguk you idiot" Tornak says rushing forward to check his bats wounds "and you" he says turning towards the rogue when he is finished "What exactly are you going to do to make up for this" he says with anger blazing in his eyes.

drack
2011-05-06, 11:34 AM
Ahen towers over the dwarf leaning down so that he hovers directly over the druid's head with his scythe ever swinging chaotically around them. "Kids should take care of their pets before something bad happens to them." This is said through what some would call a psychotic grin. :smallamused:

Burnheart
2011-05-06, 12:38 PM
"I wasn't talking to you madman" Tornak retorts "I was talking to him" he points at Damian while glaring into Ahen eyes.

drack
2011-05-06, 02:06 PM
Ahen starred back unblinking, with insanity written all over his face. "kids shouldn't use that tone when talking to any grown up."

tigerusthegreat
2011-05-06, 02:17 PM
The rogue says nothing (and will probably die mysteriously soon if Volos doesn't show up).

Burnheart
2011-05-06, 02:48 PM
Muttering under his breath about crazy humans Tornak remounts his bat and sets off down the corridor, Flying if there's room to if not then just moving along the ground.

OOC: tigerusthegreat have you tried PMing Volos yet?

drack
2011-05-06, 02:52 PM
Ahen follows after thee dwarf.

darkillini
2011-05-06, 03:15 PM
Heian having laughed to himself the whole time follows along with ahus, doing his normal gig. Pocketing his rope back into his bag o fun.

Burnheart
2011-05-07, 11:07 AM
As Tornak advances cautiously down the corridor he says "Warlock perhaps you would care to check for traps as we move, maybe you'll actually find them before they go off" he adds sarcastically.

drack
2011-05-07, 11:27 AM
Ahen mumbles something about killjoys

tigerusthegreat
2011-05-13, 08:23 AM
I really hate doing this, but I have to discontinue this adventure. My work load (and now school load as I am having to take a summer course) is severely limiting my online time. I am sorry to do this to you guys.