PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas how to fill these body slots?

Matamane
2011-04-21, 07:59 AM
Right now, I have the following equipment. I'm playing pathfinder, so any ability enhancers are either headbands or belts. I'm particularly interested in ioun stones. I have a blank check to buy equipment with. Only limitations are no BOVD or BOED.

Head Admiral's Bicorne
Face Veil of Allure
Throat Amulet of Fearsome Might
Shoulders ?
Armor Demon Armor
Torso Vest of Legends
Waist Belt of Physical Might(Str, Dex) +6
Arms ?
Hands ?
Shield ?
Ring #1 ?
Ring #2 ?
Feet Boots of the Battle Charger

I'm an undead bard, any ideas? I would like gp values if possible. On that note, does anyone know the gp values of the ioun stones in Lords of Darkness?

big teej
2011-04-21, 11:21 AM
Right now, I have the following equipment. I'm playing pathfinder, so any ability enhancers are either headbands or belts. I'm particularly interested in ioun stones. I have a blank check to buy equipment with. Only limitations are no BOVD or BOED.

Head Admiral's Bicorne
Face Veil of Allure
Throat Amulet of Fearsome Might
Shoulders ?
Armor Demon Armor
Torso Vest of Legends
Waist Belt of Physical Might(Str, Dex) +6
Arms ?
Hands ?
Shield ?
Ring #1 ?
Ring #2 ?
Feet Boots of the Battle Charger

I'm an undead bard, any ideas? I would like gp values if possible. On that note, does anyone know the gp values of the ioun stones in Lords of Darkness?

blank check you say?
ring of regeneration for starters
shoulders?
I don't know you're set up, but you could concievebly take the feat "shape soulmeld" and/or an item with a similar effect to "Mantle of flame" when bound to the shoulders chakra, otherwise.... I'm afraid I've got nothing.

arms, - dastana of heavy fortification?

hands - rust gauntlet, terrify your fellow melee peoples.

shield - , spined shield. one of my favorite bits of equipment.

ring number 2 - ring of 3 wishes maybe?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-04-21, 11:53 AM
Your belt should be a Belt of Magnificense, which adds +6 to all of your ability scores. It's found in the Miniatures Handbook, and costs 200k.

Check out the Seven Veils set in MIC, some of them take the same item spot but they specifically say that you can wear those items together in the same spot.

Your shield should have the Reflecting property, and possibly also Heavy Fortification. You could also get a Gemstone of Heavy Fortification from the Draconomicon, though you would need to pay an NPC spellcaster to use Limited Wish to embed it into your character.

I don't know what the Admiral's Bicorne does, but there's no way it's as good as a Cowl of Warding from Magic of Faerun. That gives continual Mind Blank, Freedom of Movement, and Spell Turning effects. You should also seriously consider a Necklace of Adaptation. According to the DMG you can make a magic item not take up an item spot by doubling its price (table on page 285), so get a Necklace of Adaptation for double the cost and it doesn't occupy your neck spot.

Get a Ring of Freedom of Movement if you don't get the Cowl of Warding. A Ring of Elemental Command would be a decent choice. Add a +5 Deflection bonus to AC to one of your rings as per MIC. You should also add a +5 Resistance bonus to saves to your vest or cloak, as per MIC. A Phoenix Cloak from the Regalia of the Phoenix set in MIC is pretty good.

subject42
2011-04-21, 12:01 PM
Don't forget about psychoactive skins. They're nine kinds of awesome and some of them don't even require psionic focus.

Matamane
2011-04-21, 12:08 PM
admiral’s bicorne gives a +5 bonus on Profession (sailor)
checks and Charisma-based checks (including Leadership)
the wearer’s voice amplified, to 100 feet. Class features benefit from the increased range. Also, it grants a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls,
saves, and skill checks to allies who can hear him.

It may be better imo since I can get the other effects otherwise

I'm also undead so fortification is irrelevant to me