PDA

View Full Version : help design a monsterous gladiatorial team

Kol Korran
2011-04-21, 09:23 AM
tomer, alon, ariel, guy, please stop reading.

hey folks! in an upcoming adventure the group might need to fight against arena champions of the city of monsters (Graywall in Eberron if that matters). since i usually fairly suck at combat encounters, i'd like you to help me prepare a good monstrous gladiatorial team to fight the PCs. the fight should be tough, but winnable.

the aim is to present two experiences to the players- a team who is as/ almost effective as they are, and if at all possible- raw monstrosity/ savagery.

the party:
as a whole they have far beyond normal WBL due to some extraordinary successes. however, they may be limited in items when coming into the ring?

- half giant psi war 6, with extension, force screen and dissolving weapon+ weapon focus. the guy is a glass cannon- hits very hard, but gets hit in return a plenty.
- Aasimar cleric 6- mostly does buffing and debuffing, a bit of fighting but not to a great extent.
- a Kalashtar (similar to psychic human) sorc 1/wiz4/ ultimate magus 2. just got her 3red level spells, amongst them are deep slumber, and ray of dizziness (SpC) which may prove troubelsome. also Tasha's laughter and so on. the enemies definetly need some sort of caster. very fragile though.
- a rogue 2/ duskblade 5. attacks and delivers spells through his sword, and also- ray of enfeeblement.

so forumists- any thoughts? :smallsmile: