PDA

View Full Version : Request a Build

Qwertystop
2011-04-21, 08:07 PM
There are some people who enjoy building characters, and others who don't but have ideas, so here's a thread for them to get together.

Start your post with either R. for Request, B. for Build, or C. for Comment. Then put the number of the request you are making/building/commenting on the build for.
I'll start.

R. 1:
A character with as much mobility as possible. Ideally, he should never be in a situation where he might think "I wish I could get over there". Preferably, no magic used in it, with the exception of magic items, which should still not be the majority of the cause for his mobility. The amount of uses per day should not be limited very much either. If possible, reliably hit Epic uses of Balance and Climb as soon as possible.
It should be fairly playable (read: Not completely, utterly useless) for most of levels 1-20. If equipment ends up mattering a lot, I'd like a summary of what gear is needed at levels 10 and 20. No homebrew.

monkman
2011-04-21, 08:32 PM
B.1
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a no magic class but this Monk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126346&highlight=monk) fix might be a suitable option.This class has the possibility to move quite a lot and not use a standard action(fleeting step,Abundant Step).Fleeting step might be limited and Abundant step is gained at level 12, But i hope his helps you.

Aemoh87
2011-04-21, 08:42 PM
B.1
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a no magic class but this Monk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126346&highlight=monk) fix might be a suitable option.This class has the possibility to move quite a lot and not use a standard action(fleeting step,Abundant Step).Fleeting step might be limited and Abundant step is gained at level 12, But i hope his helps you.

All of these monk posts :( they are everywhere reminding me of how monk got the short end of the stick. It just got access to the mechanics that didn't pan out.

One thing I wish wizards considered was exclusivity. Making things only accessible by one class. Instead of making wizard have access to everything. And Artificer have access to all the wizard spells. And Cleric and Druid being similar monsters with a different look. Druid especially.

But a build request thread would be nice for making NPC's more fun! Have some one else build them and i gotta figure them out and such. Especially if you include just alittle flavor.

Qwertystop
2011-04-21, 08:57 PM
Updated thread title, also updated my request to say No Homebrew.

RaginChangeling
2011-04-22, 10:44 AM
B1: Wildshape variant Ranger 1/Spirit Lion Totem Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1/Warblade 8/Factotum 4/Swordsage 6

Wildshape ranger gets fast movement 10 and 6 skills at first level for climb/swim/jump etc. Barbarian gets you pounce and Frenzy for multiple attacks as a skirmisher. Warblade gets you Sudden Leap, which will get around most of the limitations of pounce and allow you to hop really far depending on your jump modifier. Factotum will get your Int modifier to Dex and Strength Checks and allow you to pick up any useful skills you may be missing. Swordsage grants access to Desert Wind and Shadow Hand maneuvers which will give a lot more maneuverability, it also may allow you to duplicate Sudden Leap.

For maneuvers, Tiger Claw grants a lot of mobility. Higher level Desert Wind and Shadow Hand maneuvers grant a lot of mobility, Shadow Blink and Fiery Retribution mean that you will almost never not be able to get to an enemy in combat.

Desert Wind also has a stance that increases movement speed.

See if you can take the Quick Trait.

For Race, Raptoran works best for Jump modifier. For super climbing, take the Jungle Goblin as they have bonuses to both Climb and Jump, and key climb off dex making you less MAD overall.

Useful Items: Feathered Wings (If not Raptoran)- 10,000 GP for flight, +30 competance bonus items for Jump and Balance. Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis will grant Hide in Plain sight and a ten foot bonus to movement speed.

Greenish
2011-04-22, 10:50 AM
C1 Above build needs a cleric dip for Travel Devotion for swift action movement.

Also, a naturally psionic race would open Up the Walls (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#upTheWalls) and Speed of Thought (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#speedOfThought). Speaking of psionic races, xeph (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm#xephs) are worth mentioning.

Qwertystop
2011-04-22, 11:00 AM
B1: Wildshape variant Ranger 1/Spirit Lion Totem Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1/Warblade 8/Factotum 4/Swordsage 6

Wildshape ranger gets fast movement 10 and 6 skills at first level for climb/swim/jump etc. Barbarian gets you pounce and Frenzy for multiple attacks as a skirmisher. Warblade gets you Sudden Leap, which will get around most of the limitations of pounce and allow you to hop really far depending on your jump modifier. Factotum will get your Int modifier to Dex and Strength Checks and allow you to pick up any useful skills you may be missing. Swordsage grants access to Desert Wind and Shadow Hand maneuvers which will give a lot more maneuverability, it also may allow you to duplicate Sudden Leap.

For maneuvers, Tiger Claw grants a lot of mobility. Higher level Desert Wind and Shadow Hand maneuvers grant a lot of mobility, Shadow Blink and Fiery Retribution mean that you will almost never not be able to get to an enemy in combat.

Desert Wind also has a stance that increases movement speed.

See if you can take the Quick Trait.

For Race, Raptoran works best for Jump modifier. For super climbing, take the Jungle Goblin as they have bonuses to both Climb and Jump, and key climb off dex making you less MAD overall.

Useful Items: Feathered Wings (If not Raptoran)- 10,000 GP for flight, +30 competance bonus items for Jump and Balance. Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis will grant Hide in Plain sight and a ten foot bonus to movement speed.

C. 1: Wait, if Factotum gives INT to both DEX and STR, why does it matter that Jungle Goblin changes Climb from STR to DEX? Either way, it's based off INT. Also, what book is Factotum in?

RaginChangeling
2011-04-22, 11:02 AM
C. 1: Wait, if Factotum gives INT to both DEX and STR, why does it matter that Jungle Goblin changes Climb from STR to DEX? Either way, it's based off INT. Also, what book is Factotum in?

Factotum is in Dungeonscape, and it grants the Int in addition to the Str and Dex for skills. You could get away with three levels here and take that level of Cleric and travel devotion, but I figure you wouldn't a dip into a purely magical class to power a limited times per day ability.

Qwertystop
2011-04-22, 11:05 AM
Factotum is in Dungeonscape, and it grants the Int in addition to the Str and Dex for skills.

Ah, in addition to. I thought it was instead of. Thanks very much.

Karoht
2011-04-22, 12:40 PM
R.2

Pathfinder, Level 5 Human Druid, Bear Shaman Variant, Bear Companion.
Requesting feat suggestion for self and companion, core only. Level 6 really soon. Also, I have 4000 GP saved up to spend on anything one might recommend.

Gamer Girl
2011-04-22, 01:27 PM
R.3

Some spellcaster builds. They always get talked about on the boards, but i've never seen one of the near mythical character sheets. It's great when someone says 'oh my mage can do 200 damage a round', but I always wonder 'How?'.

Tyndmyr
2011-04-22, 01:28 PM
R.4

A character built around fighting in dungeons...with a catch. He wants to fight from the ceiling. Melee and/or ranged, please. Mid-level.

Geigan
2011-04-22, 01:53 PM
B.3 Here's a link to the classic mailman build (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868534/The_Mailman:_A_Direct_Damage_Sorcerer) (direct damage sorcerer)
As for 200ish damage, that's just typically metamagic applied and stacked to great effect. Take scorching ray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/scorchingRay.htm), a lesser metamagic rod of maximise, apply twin spell (comp arcane) and that's 8 rays doing 24 damage each up to a max of 192 if they all hit. That's an investment of a feat and 14k gp at 11th level, taking up a 6th lvl spell slot. Not much trouble, and can get worse when you add split ray at higher levels. Not perfect because the caster still has to succeed at a bunch of touch attacks to get the most out of it, and I'm sure many on these boards could do better.

C.4 I don't know about a build but slippers of spiderclimbing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#slippersofSpiderClimbing) will probably help a lot if you're at a lower level.

WildPyre
2011-04-22, 01:56 PM
R.5 GLaDOS as a warforged starting at level 1. I'd like to use this in a PF game but unfortunately there are no warforged stats in Pathfinder so they would have to be adjusted to fit.

Gamer Girl
2011-04-22, 02:55 PM
C.3 See this is what always happens when people talk about powerful spellscaters. They just say something vague like they 'do lots of metamagic stacking'. Ok..what metamagic?

And most of all, what I'm looking for, is how do you make a powerful spellcaster that is not useless outside of combat.

Geigan
2011-04-22, 03:27 PM
C.3 See this is what always happens when people talk about powerful spellscaters. They just say something vague like they 'do lots of metamagic stacking'. Ok..what metamagic?

And most of all, what I'm looking for, is how do you make a powerful spellcaster that is not useless outside of combat.

C.3 You didn't specify versatility in your initial request, so sorry if the build I supplied doesn't fit a need I didn't know you had. As for my example that's hardly vague at all. I specified the metamagic(twin spell feat from Comp. Arcane), the spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/scorchingRay.htm) , and magic item (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rods.htm#metamagicMaximize) you'd need to pull it off. This advice can be applied to any wizard of 11th level or higher. As for stacking metamagic, there are many ways to do so but I can't list them all off the top of my head. You did not specify much in your request beyond a way to do damage. There are many ways to do that so I gave both a specific answer and some more general advice if you didn't like that build. I'm sorry if my answer was vague but your request wasn't very clear itself.

If you want versatility, as a spellcaster most of that comes from varied spell selection rather than build. If you want further advice I'd recommend this (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9749.0) and this (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19873034/Treantmonks_guide_to_Wizards:_Being_a_God) guide as many have put more thought than I have into this subject.

Note that my advice is mostly for wizards unfortunately so if you want something for a different class I'm sure someone else can comment.

Talbot
2011-04-22, 03:52 PM
R.6

A cool build combining Warlock blasting/invocations with ToB melee, and having both stay useful into higher levels.

Geigan
2011-04-22, 08:34 PM
B.6 Tough one. Jade phoenix mage is your best and really only option to advance warlock blasting/invocations and maneuvers(and only desert wind/devoted spirit at that). You can use 1 level in a spellcasting class of your choice plus the precocious apprentice feat to qualify for the 2nd level spells prereq. Now the question is what ToB class to use. Warblade has neither desert wind or devoted spirit so I wouldn't recommend it unless you don't care about the higher level maneuvers. Now precocious apprentice also requires a cha or int of 15 to qualify so swordsage will make you horribly MAD. So I used crusader. Swordsage is still kind of viable if you've got the ability scores to go around since you can then get easy access to shadow blade and put your dex to work on damage instead of str which we are going to be dumping a bit. Now the next question you should ask yourself is how much of blasting/invocations vs maneuvers you want. You can only get 9th level maneuvers or dark invocations. Not both. I'll be using a balanced example so you can get 8th level maneuvers and greater invocations in the same build. You can play around with the class balance to get what you want from either class.

Stats: 28 point buy
Str 8, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
Race: human (avoiding multiclassing penalties and get a bonus feat)
1-Warlock 1
2-Warlock 1/Warmage 1
3-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 1
4-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 2
5-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 3
6-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 4
7-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 1
8-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 2
9-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 3
10-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 4
11-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 5
12-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 6
13-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 7
14-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 8
15-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 9
16-Warlock 1/Warmage 1/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 10
17-Warlock 2/Warmage 1/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 10
18-Warlock 2/Warmage 2/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 10
19-Warlock 3/Warmage 2/Crusader 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 10
20-Warlock 3/Warmage 2/Crusader 5/Jade Phoenix Mage 10

feats: Precocious Apprentice is needed. This is non-negotiable. You'll need weapon finesse as you don't want to be keeping up with two separate scores to hit things. So focusing on dex is good. combat reflexes with your dex is also a good thing. Take the eldritch glaive invocation from Dragon Magic and have fun with AoOs. Force of personality to shore up your will save with your cha mod. Ranged feats if you're going to use your blast at range obviously(point blank shot & precise shot at the very least). The variuos metamagic feats that apply to spell-like abilities would be good for your eldritch blast and invocation though they don't come until much later. You could also grab shadow blade if you take the martial study and stance feats first to get access to shadow hand maneuvers though this option is feat heavy. Anything extra I'd fill up with martial study or extra invocations to give you some more options. Or you know, whatever else you can think of.

Here's what I used:
Human-force of personality
1-point blank shot
3-precise shot
6-weapon finesse
9-martial study(cloak of deception)
12-martial stance(assassin's stance)
15-shadow blade
18-quicken spell-like ability

This is the best build I can think of within official sources. If you're not opposed to homebrew I would recommend looking there since this is a very limited option as is.

Acanous
2011-04-22, 08:46 PM
C. 4:
If you're useing the slippers of Spiderclimb, I'd reccommend a Dwarven variant of the Kool Aid Man that takes "Tunnel Fighter" from Dungeonscape.
Would be very nice indeed.

NNescio
2011-04-22, 09:03 PM
R. 7
A crossbow TWFer with potent Telepathic (the psionic discipline) powers. Alternatively, Enchantment arcane magic would also work. Non-gestalt, please.

Thanks in advance.

Geigan
2011-04-22, 09:07 PM
C.4 The Underdark Knight ACF from Comp. Champion would be awesome in a dungeon based campaign for a paladin, especially if you're high enough level for the earth-glide special ability. Pop out of the ceiling and walls at any time and just surprise the living daylights out of everything. Burrow speed? Who needs burrow speed? The DM may start making all the walls out of metal in retaliation though.

Kuulvheysoon
2011-04-22, 09:31 PM
R. 8

A Warforged Duskblade, with some levels in Spellcarved Soldier (RoE) and Abjurant Champion. (CM) Hopefully while maintaining a good CL.

ArcanistSupreme
2011-04-22, 10:57 PM
C. 6

Why not swap Crusader for Warblade and dump Cha? As long as you use invocations that don't offer saving throws (and if you're planning on using a ToB class, you'll probably want mostly buff invocations anyway), you don't need Cha at all. And is Duskblade the best choice for this build? I feel like Beguiler spells would offer much more utility.

You might also be able to go glaivelock and then just grab a few levels of whatever ToB class every few levels when you qualify for the juicier maneuvers. That book was made for dipping, so this could be a very viable option.

Geigan
2011-04-22, 11:09 PM
C. 6

Why not swap Crusader for Warblade and dump Cha? As long as you use invocations that don't offer saving throws (and if you're planning on using a ToB class, you'll probably want mostly buff invocations anyway), you don't need Cha at all. And is Duskblade the best choice for this build? I feel like Beguiler spells would offer much more utility.

You might also be able to go glaivelock and then just grab a few levels of whatever ToB class every few levels when you qualify for the juicier maneuvers. That book was made for dipping, so this could be a very viable option.

C.6 Jade Phoenix Mage only advances desert wind and devoted spirit maneuvers so warblade wouldn't mesh with it. And did I put duskblade there? Silly me, lemme correct that.

I would say that dipping a few levels here and there might be the more viable option as the JPM takes a few too many hoops that you have to jump through to make it work right. The higher level maneuvers you can access with it aren't really worth it for all the investment.

Edit: There, I'll use warmage for the example since it casts off cha with armored casting. I'm only using it though because of the point buy. If you feel you can invest the extra points into int and pick up something based off it go ahead. Warmage spells suuuuuck.

Particle_Man
2011-04-22, 11:10 PM
R 9: A very simple character to play that is still effective in combat and out of combat. Pathfinder Main Book and Advanced Player's Guide only.

Geigan
2011-04-22, 11:39 PM
B.8 Simple enough.

Duskblade 11/Abjurant champion 5/Spellcarved soldier 4

Feel free to take the PrCs in whatever order you qualify for them. I would recommend abjurant champion asap if you were planning on gishing, which I think you are. Spell carved should be taken whenever you feel you can afford to put off that next spell level.

The Martial arcanist ability will keep you at CL equal to your BAB, and the rune of the archmage will give you a boost equal to your Spellcarved class levels for a total of CL 24 at lvl 20. You can take the 5th level of SC Soldier but I wouldn't recommend it as the DR 5/magic is weak at any level you would qualify for it, and could easily be replaced by a magic item. If you really must have that 25 CL by all means take it though I would recommend looking to magic items that boost it first before doing so.

Stats: 28 point buy + racial mods
str 16, dex 10, con 16, int 14, wis 8, cha 8

feats: Being a Warforged you'll obviously pick your choice of armor feat. Mithral if you don't think you can get better later, unarmored if you do(and are willing to wait for it). Silver tracery and Combat casting are obviously needed. other than that, take the combat feats you find relevant to your play style. If you want to enhance your CL even further there are feats for that. Check Comp. Arcane and Comp. Mage for the ones you find relevant.
Here were my choices:
1-unarmored body
3-combat casting
6-insightful reflexes (comp adventurer)
9-silver tracery
12-battle caster (comp. arcane)
15-combat expertise
18-repeat spell (comp. arcane)

I would recommend actually taking something other than duskblade as it's spell list doesn't mesh well with abjurant champion. It has enough abjuration to qualify but that's about it.

Skweek-chan
2011-04-23, 12:25 AM
R.10

Character that wields two shields and no weapons, effectively using one shield as a weapon and the other for its AC (and other) benefits. Shield spikes and shield bash type attacks, possibly even with both shields. A finer point I think that could help would be something like shield spikes, but with a slashing damage type (representing a sharpened edge around the shield rather than spikes protruding from the face of it) to make use of maybe throwing/returning, or the Whirling Blade spell.

Kuulvheysoon
2011-04-23, 12:36 AM
R.10

Character that wields two shields and no weapons, effectively using one shield as a weapon and the other for its AC (and other) benefits. Shield spikes and shield bash type attacks, possibly even with both shields. A finer point I think that could help would be something like shield spikes, but with a slashing damage type (representing a sharpened edge around the shield rather than spikes protruding from the face of it) to make use of maybe throwing/returning, or the Whirling Blade spell.

C. 10

Hmmm.. well, slashing damage-wise, the only thing I can think of would be the dwarven buckler-axe, an exotic weapon from Complete Warrior.

As for the throwing/returning, the shield enchantment you're looking for is a +1 found in the MiC: Ranged. It gives it a range of 30ft, and makes a small shield/buckler do 1d6 slashing, and a heavy shield do 1d8. You get to add your full STR bonus and the shield enhancement bonus to damage .Tower shields are ineligible. Only problem is that it takes a full turn to return to you, so you can't make use of it until then.

RAW, you should be able to Quick Draw Ranged shields (they should count as weapons used like this), so you could buy an amount equal to your number of attacks+1... although this could get pricy pretty fast.

Geigan
2011-04-23, 01:29 AM
B.10 Razored shield from Underdark(that's forgotten realms: underdark not drow of the underdark) should do it. Martial weapon, essentially same as the the shield spiked version with slashing damage. As for a throwing build:

Advancement:
Warblade 5/Bloodstorm blade 10/Warblade 5
For a total of:
Warblade 10/Bloodstorm blade 10

All Tome of battle. Warblade base class, and BSB is a PrC. It basically allows you to do all sorts of crazy things like treating all your thrown attacks as melee attacks that can be used with maneuvers, ricocheting attacks, making the shields return to you, and all sorts of fun things.

stats: 28 point buy
str 16, dex 10, con 16, int 14, wis 8, cha 8

race: human
feats: You'll be getting throw anything so you can throw your shields as a bonus from BSB. The rest of the feats are mainly centered around using your strength bonus as the primary stat for your thrown weapons. Steadfast determination should fix your will save. The last I just kind of tacked on for some extra fun things to do with the shields since, you know, they're actually supposed to be good for defense. Feel free to replace them if you got a better idea.

human-brutal throw (comp adventurer)
1-imp. shield bash
WB-endurance
3-steadfast determination(PHB2)
6-point blank shot
BSB-precise shot
9-power attack
BSB-power throw(comp adventurer)
12-far shot
BSB-shield spec.(PHB2)
15-shield ward(PHB2)
18-agile shield fighter(PHB2)
WB-imp. initiative

Hurl em round like a bunch of flying disks o' doom. If you have the stats for it you could go the TWF route and throw both around like a maniac doubling the mayhem. I would advise getting returning on the shields despite the BSB abilities. You might not always have the maneuver to burn and it's good to at least get em back at the end of the round guaranteed.

dspeyer
2011-04-23, 01:39 AM
B7

How about a psychic warrior using expanded knowledge for charm, suggestion and dominate? A PW can augment as well as a psion, so you can use those to full effectiveness. There's a lot of bonus feats left over that you can spend on crossbow stuff. You can even take Zen Archery to be SAD.

*.*.*.*
2011-04-23, 06:26 AM
R.11

How about a RHD(at least 10+ HD) gestalt build? We're playing in Pathfinder as well

One thing though:Can't be an evil creature

Bakkan
2011-04-23, 03:23 PM
R.4

A character built around fighting in dungeons...with a catch. He wants to fight from the ceiling. Melee and/or ranged, please. Mid-level.

B.4

Goliath (+1 LA) Fighter 6/Swordsage 2

Take the Dungeon Crasher Fighter ACF from Dungeonscape, and take Dance of the Spider as your stance at Swordsage 2.

Feats:
1 - Power Attack
1B - Improved Bull Rush
3 - Shape Soulmeld(Mauling Gauntlets)
4B - Knockback
6 - Bonus Essentia

At ECL 9 (8 if you allow LA buy-off), you should have 24 Strength (18 base +4 racial +2 levels) before items. You wield a Large greatsword for 3d6+10 damage without Power Attack. The Knockback feat allows you to make a Bull Rush against any foe you hit with a Power Attack. Your Bull Rush check is +21 (+7 Strength +4 size +4 feat +6 morale from Mauling Gauntlets with 2 Essentia invested) plus twice your Power Attack penalty. If you succeed, you send them flying back without having to move yourself, and if you knock them into a wall or solid object they take 8d6+21 damage. Hint: The floor counts as a solid object. At level 8 (ECL 9) you get to choose a 3rd-level stance. Choose Dance of the Spider for (Ex) spider climb all day long.

In a standard 10-ft-ceilinged dungeon a typical combat round might be:

Move Action: Move along the ceiling to a point above an enemy

Standard Action: Power attack with the Mountain Hammer maneuver, say with a -5 penalty. Your DM will likely give you a higher-ground bonus.

If you hit, you deal damage and bull rush him into the floor with a +31 Bull Rush check. As long as you beat him, he slams into the ground, taking Dungeon Crasher damage. Total damage dealt: 13d6+41. If the ceilings are 15 feet high, make sure you have a 2-handed reach weapon handy. For even taller ceilings, you're probably best off fighting on the ground, but if you really want to stay on the ceiling, a large-sized Composite (+7) longbow deals 2d6+7 damage per arrow.

EDIT: Sources!
Goliath, Knockback: Races of Stone
Swordsage, Dance of the Spider: Tome of Battle
Dungeon Crasher ACF: Dungeonscape
Shape Soulmeld, Bonus Essentia: Magic of Incarnum

Forb
2011-04-23, 09:40 PM
Circumstances for build: Visiting my old group for a session. Want a fun character to play with, one that will inspire laughs.

R. 12 Anything non-spellcasting based that plays off the Tibbit who can fly. Anything goes but homebrew. (I don't like that.)
Race being either Half-Fey Tibbit or Half-Celestial Tibbit.
Edit: Forgot to mention, ECL 12.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Geigan
2011-04-24, 12:41 AM
C.12 I'd say something like a swordsage(Tome of battle)/totemist(magic of incarnum) focusing on natural attacks and taking shadowblade/weapon finesse to use your dex score in melee. Take advantage of your kitty form and be this, right down to the glowy eyes(plus some shiny claws):
http://mintyferret.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/lolcat7.gif

Calintares
2011-04-24, 03:46 AM
R13 A wildshape ranger getting the most out of wildshaping without using MoMF

dspeyer
2011-04-25, 01:30 AM
B13
Human
WS Ranger 7 / Scout 3 / Human Paragon 2 / Ranger 8
Feats:
1 Dodge
1(H) Mobility
3 Power Attack
6 Flyby Attack
9 Improved Flyby Attack
12 Swift Hunter
12 (HP) Dragon Wild Shape
15 Natural Spell
18 Extra Wild Shape

It gets really feat-limited. I wanted Fast Wildshape and Aberration Wildshape but there just wasn't room. Human Paragon is really just there for its bonus feat. There aren't a lot of ways to get arbitrary feats late in the build.

Tyndmyr
2011-04-25, 06:49 AM
B.4

Goliath (+1 LA) Fighter 6/Swordsage 2...

I like it. Some staple optimization tricks, put together elegantly with a few less popular things. He's definitely going to be part of an encounter I'm building. Thanks!

Bakkan
2011-04-25, 12:55 PM
I like it. Some staple optimization tricks, put together elegantly with a few less popular things. He's definitely going to be part of an encounter I'm building. Thanks!

You're welcome! I'm currently playing a similar character (without the ceiling signature move) and it's a blast. I also am in love with both Incarnum and Tome of Battle.

Qwertystop
2011-04-25, 05:45 PM
You're welcome! I'm currently playing a similar character (without the ceiling signature move) and it's a blast. I also am in love with both Incarnum and Tome of Battle.

How is it a similar character without the ceiling thing? How much more is there to it?

EDIT: Oh, so it's just a character that pushes people into walls and floors?

Bakkan
2011-04-25, 08:01 PM
Basically, yeah, it's a straightforward Knockback + Dungeon Crasher build

Erts
2011-04-25, 10:29 PM
R. 14.
A standard kineticist. One that is optimal at most levels.

Getsugaru
2011-04-27, 09:01 PM
R.4

B.4

'Hood. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7200.0)