PDA

View Full Version : Mother of Monsters IC

Pages : [1] 2

Koury
2011-04-22, 12:34 AM
Eldon

Dusk begins falling over the town of Eldon, Gateway to the West. This town is home to almost 200,000 people, making it among the largest in the kingdom. Eldon also boasts one of the most diverse populations on the continent, housing a sizable number of different races, from humans and elves to a few kobolds and goblins.

Not far from the central marketplace, a Whisper Gnome steps out of a shady looking bar. A few blocks away a small group of people are finishing up a religious service, among them two people clad in full plate adorned with their religious symbol. A little further down the street a Synad goes about his business.

All four hear a loud scream from the north, followed by another. More follow. Before long, you see many citizens rushing south, seemingly fleeing.

*CLANG*CLANG*CLANG*

The alarm bells in the city being ringing, confirming there is trouble

Greenish
2011-04-22, 09:07 AM
Seemingly melting into shadows, the whisper gnome heads north to see what's going on.

Assuming Child of Shadow Stance: concealment 20% after moving 10'. Hiding at the shadows of the buildings with +17 hide mod, -5 for moving at full speed.

Some hide & spot rolls, just in case:
Hide [roll0]
Hide [roll1]
Spot [roll2]
Spot [roll3]

Koury
2011-04-22, 11:49 AM
Eldon Market

The scene at the northern market is chaotic. Four creatures, looking like a bizarre cross between insects and ogres, are running rampant [Knowledge Dungeoneering]. There is a small contingent of guards fighting as best they can, but it is clear that if reinforcements don't arrive, they will have simply slowed the creatures down.

One of the ogres is currently distracted by the Elven man it has caught. None of the beasts seems to have noticed the arrival of the Whisper Gnome.

Map (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AsL6-AnStmKzdHBQcEUzV19VemJYVkhkTWhpVnBMLUE&hl=en&authkey=CLaV3JcP#gid=0)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Greenish
2011-04-22, 12:23 PM
Going for quick kill, Sterling quietly charges the closest bug-ogre.

Move to F10
Hide (assuming I can hide behind the nearest one from the #1&2) [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

Using Burning Blade (because two burning swords is subtle):
Attack (MH) [roll2] for [roll3] piercing and [roll4] fire.
Attack (OH) [roll5] for [roll6] piercing and [roll7] fire.

(That's assuming they're flat-footed vs. me, even though they're already in combat. If not, -4 damage from each attack.)

Koury
2011-04-22, 12:39 PM
Eldon Market

Like a silent but deadly wind, Staph rushes forward, plunging one of his flaming swords into the unsuspecting beast. It roars in pain and surprise, causing the elf in its hand to panic further.

Greenish
2011-04-22, 12:45 PM
Sterling promptly plunges his swords towards the beast again.

Attack (MH) [roll0] for [roll1] piercing.
Attack (OH) [roll2] for [roll3] piercing.

If the bugger was flat-footed the last time, it'll still be for not having acted, I figure. Otherwise, -4 damage for each again.

Koury
2011-04-22, 12:52 PM
Eldon Market

Sterling seizes his chance to capitolize on the monsters surprise, landing another solid blow.

The guards, meanwhile, are having much less luck then the Whisper Gnome. They are starting to look desperate.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Koury
2011-04-22, 01:00 PM
Eldon Market

The creatures continue their rampage, swinging fists and clubs with great fury. The guards take heavy damage. They look as if they are on their last legs.

The ogre holding the elf shakes hit violently, taking his anger at being stabbed out on the poor civilian. The ogre throws the elf to the ground and turns to face his attacker. The elf doesn't get up.

[roll0] vs G1
[roll1]
[roll2] vs G3
[roll3]
[roll4] vs G4
[roll5]

[roll6] vs Elf
[roll7]

Lateral
2011-04-22, 01:09 PM
Aleksandr Zakharovich Yakovlev

Aleksandr, having followed Staph to Eldon Market, stands up and shouts at the bug-ogres. "Oy, uglies!" He then launches two missiles of fire at two of the bug-ogres.

Didn't take a surprise round, but I go first on initiative. Fired an energy missile (fire) at ogres 1 and 3. Reflex save DC is 17.

Damage: [roll0]

I'm in square AB-11, by the way.

Greenish
2011-04-22, 01:22 PM
Sterling whirls both of his swords at the monster like fangs of a wolf, then bravely turns tail and retreats towards the direction he came, dodging this way and that to avoid the ogre's fists. As he moves, shadows seem to rise up to flutter and swarm around him.

Wolf Fang Strike:

Move to E13.
Tumble [roll4] vs. DC 15.

Child of Shadows activates: 20% concealment.

Koury
2011-04-22, 01:23 PM
Eldon Market

Two bolts of fire streak across the battlefield at the beasts. One hits the ogre square in the chest, but the other is slightly off target, only lightly burning its target.

[roll0] vs DC 17
[roll1] vs DC 17

Koury
2011-04-22, 01:32 PM
Eldon Market

Sterling plunges a sword into the beast again. Having had enough of being stabbed, the monster slams its fist down at the whisper gnome. Seeing a chance, Sterling slices at the ogres exposed neck. With a sick gurgling noise comes a spray of blood, quickly followed by the thud of the creatures body hitting the floor dead.

Koury
2011-04-22, 01:51 PM
Eldon Market

The guards are visibly uplifted seeing one of the creatures fall. One of the guards begins barking orders at the others, and they try their best to comply.

And it seems to work as the guards are able to land a few meaningful blows.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Koury
2011-04-22, 01:58 PM
Eldon Market

The insectile ogres counterattack is furious seeing, matching the killed ogre with a destroyed guard.

[roll0] vs G1
[roll1]
[roll2] vs G4
[roll3]
[roll4] vs G4
[roll5]

Map (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en&key=tpPpE3W_UzbXVHdMhiVpL-A&authkey=CLaV3JcP&hl=en#gid=0)

Greenish
2011-04-22, 02:13 PM
Sterling

Sterling takes stock of the situation, then rushes at the east-most ogre, blades level.

Move to Q11 (it should be just in range).
Tumble to avoid AoO [roll0] vs. DC 15.

Attack (MH) [roll1] for [roll2] piercing.
Attack (OH) [roll3] for [roll4] piercing.

Child of Shadows on: 20% concealment.

Koury
2011-04-22, 02:18 PM
Eldon Market

The monsterous ogre sees Sterling charging and prepares for it. As it attempts to slam its fists into the whisper gnome, Sterling dodges the blow without losing momentum, ending the charge with one of his blades hilt deep in the ogres leg.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lateral
2011-04-22, 02:29 PM

Aleksandr glances over at the ogre Sterling is fighting. With a smile, he fires a bolt of fire at the monster.

Moving to Y10, and manifesting Energy Ray (fire), augmented once.

Lateral
2011-04-22, 02:34 PM
Touch: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Koury
2011-04-22, 02:49 PM
Eldon Market

Upon seeing his ally fall, one of the guards decides the fight is lost and flees, even as Aleks' ray hits the ogre. The remaining two hold their ground.

[roll0] vs O1
[roll1]
[roll2] vs O1
[roll3]

Koury
2011-04-22, 02:56 PM
Eldon Market

The insectile ogres fight on. Both guards take a blow, one to the chest and one to the head. The guard who took the heead blow falls limply to the ground, though hes still breathing. The ogre Sterling just ran his blade into reaches for the gnome, attempting to grab him.

[roll0] vs G1
[roll1]
[roll2] vs G3
[roll3]

[roll4] vs Sterling
[roll5] High is miss.
[roll6]

Greenish
2011-04-22, 03:08 PM
Sterling

Not wanting to be hugged to death, Sterling attempts to solve the problem in his tried and true method: stabbing.

Attack [roll0] for [roll1] piercing.

Koury
2011-04-22, 03:11 PM
Eldon Market

Sterling Staph finds himself in the insectile ogres clutches.

Greenish
2011-04-22, 03:18 PM
Sterling

Wanting to go down to history as a slayer of bug-ogres, not as a hugger of bug-ogres, Sterling attempts to wriggle free from the foe's clutches.

Escape Artist [roll0] vs. ogres grapple [roll1].

If it succeeds, I tumble to P14
Tumble [roll2] vs. DC 15.

If it fails, end turn. :smallfrown:

Lateral
2011-04-22, 03:18 PM

"Damn it." Aleksandr fires another missile, this time at the two nearest ogres.

Casting Energy Missile (lightning) at 2 and 4. Save DC 19.

[roll0]

Koury
2011-04-22, 03:22 PM
Eldon Market

The missiles of electricity slam into the ogre holding Staph and proceeds to arc to the ogre nearby. Both look injured.

[roll0] vs DC 19
[roll1] vs DC 19

Tsavan
2011-04-22, 03:50 PM
Gideon

Gideon charges into battle, flailing his spiked chain. Striking at the ogre holding the Whisper Gnome.

edit: move to T9. Attack 1d20+9(22) for 2d4+4(9)

Koury
2011-04-22, 04:08 PM
Eldon Market

The newcomer rushes in chain swinging and full plate glistening, delivering a solid blow to the ogre.

The beast is barely on his feet. Staph can feel its grip loosening.

Greenish
2011-04-22, 04:12 PM
Sterling

Cheered by the turn in the tide of the battle, Sterling greets the newcomer: Cheers mate! This bugger's soon done for!

Eyeing the chain, he adds, just watch where you swing that thing.

Koury
2011-04-22, 04:16 PM
Elton Market

The last guard, though he would like to help the gnome who is aiding him, is a bit preoccupied with the ogre-bugs swinging half a tree at his face.

[roll0] vs O1
[roll1]
[roll2] vs O1
[roll3]

EDIT: Oops, hes KO'd :smallbiggrin:

Koury
2011-04-22, 04:26 PM
Eldon Market

The ogres try to smash the last guard into paste, while the one holding Staph attempts to squeeze the life out of him.

The ogres combined attack is more then enough to finish off the last remaining guard.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4] vs [roll5]
[roll6]

Greenish
2011-04-22, 04:32 PM
Sterling

Encouraged by the arrival of the figuratively cavalry, Sterling focuses on finding a weak spot at the monster's defenses to poke at.

Sapphire Nightmare Blade
Concentration check vs. AC [roll0] (not an attack roll, per se, so no penalty?)

If successful, target flat-footed, attack [roll1] for [roll2] + [roll3] piercing.

If fail, attack [roll4] for [roll5] piercing.

Tsavan
2011-04-22, 05:02 PM
Gideon

Gideon moves northwest, careful as to not get into arms length of the beasts, and stares down the Ogre holding the Gnome.He yells: DIE!, as he swings his chain over head bring it down upon the Ogre.

Move to Q8, activate stance 'Iron guard's glare' and use Mountain Hammer. [roll0] for 12 damage :D

Koury
2011-04-22, 05:22 PM
Eldon Market

The newcomer swings his chain around with skill. The armored man wraps his chain around the bug-ogres neck and pulls. There is an audible crack as the ogres neck snaps and the beast collapses.

Staph can breath much easier now.

Lateral
2011-04-22, 05:30 PM
"Excellent." Aleksandr watches from afar. "Now, let's see if... He moves forward and fires a bolt at the nearest of the two remaining ogres.

Moving to W-9 and firing a bolt out of the light crossbow (which is already loaded.)
Attack: [roll0]

Koury
2011-04-22, 05:47 PM
Eldon Market

The bolt flies true, striking its target in the back. The ogres turn around, ready to finish this fight. They advance, each picking up a different target.

Gideon takes a blow to the body, but is able to roll with it.

[roll0] vs Gid
[roll1]
[roll2] vs Staph (EDIT: Copy/paste error. This is O2)
[roll3]

Tsavan
2011-04-22, 06:09 PM
Gideon

As the Ogre moves closer, Gideon sees an opportunity to strike.

[roll0] for [roll1], attempt a trip [roll2]

Koury
2011-04-22, 06:18 PM
Eldon Market

The ogre looks down at the chains around his leg. Gideon pulls hard, but the ogre is able to stay on his feet.

[roll0] vs DC 21

Greenish
2011-04-22, 06:31 PM
Sterling

Sterling takes a moment to get his breath back, after being crushed by the late but not missed buggie.

Adaptive Style to regain maneuvers.
Selecting

Burning Blade
Counter Charge
Sudden Leap
Wolf Fang Strike

Tsavan
2011-04-22, 06:41 PM
Gideon

Gideon attacks the Ogre-bug-thing that he tried to trip before.

[roll0] for [roll1], if ten or more damage then trip attempt [roll2]

Koury
2011-04-22, 06:45 PM
Eldon Market

Gideon swings his chain around, attempting to slam it into the beast, but the creature raises its arm up, deflecting the attack.

Lateral
2011-04-22, 06:45 PM

Aleksandr moves forward with a vengeance. "Let's just finish this; I've already burned enough power." He raises his hand and fires a frigid bolt of purest blue light at the nearest ogre.

Move to T-9, cast Energy Ray (cold) augmented once at the ogre Gideon attacked.

Koury
2011-04-22, 06:55 PM
Eldon Market

The bolt of energy strikes true, causing the beast to roar out in anger.

Both ogres turn to face the snarling man assulting them with the chain, bringing their full power to bear. Gideon is able to throw aside one of the blows with his chain, but isn't quite quick enough and is hit by another heavy blow.

[roll0] vs Gid
[roll1]
[roll2] vs Gid
[roll3]

Greenish
2011-04-22, 07:05 PM
Sterling

Sterling winces in sympathy of the hit the armoured man took, then shouts at the ogres, hey, you can't kill him, I have to buy him a beer!

With that, he moves behind southern ogre and plunges his swords angrily at the beast's back.

Enter frenzy: +4 to Str, +2 to AC & ref, can take extra attack (but suffers -2 to hit if so).

Move to N11 flanking position. Can't tumble due difficult terrain.

Wolf Fang Strike:

Sudden Leap to N11-12-13… (longest by jump check result)
Jump [roll4], moves 1' per point of result.

Then he jumps back 15 feet in amazing leap.

Greenish
2011-04-22, 07:33 PM
Sterling

Rushing around dead ogres and guards, he attempts in vain to plunge his swords into the last ogre.

[Edit]: Tumble to avoid AoO 1d20+1 vs. DC 15

Koury
2011-04-23, 01:50 PM
Gideon

Gideon grits his teeth and attacks. Divine energy surrounds his weapon as he strikes. This power washes over him as his weapon finds its mark, mending his wounds and giving him the strength to fight on.

Use Crusader's Strike
[roll0]
[roll1]
If hit, [roll2]

Koury
2011-04-23, 02:03 PM
Eldon Market

The last of the creatures in your area falls to the chain-weilding man, who seems to have caught a second wind.

There is little time for celebration, however. There are more of the creatures about.

To your west, a small group of the creatures are seemingly fleeing the town, each carrying something large in their arms. They are being pursued closely by guards.

Greenish
2011-04-23, 02:09 PM
Sterling

More of them? Well, it doesn't seem like there's a reward to be had for them after all. Supply and demand, you know.

The gnome moves to check on the unconscious guard and the elf.

Greenish
2011-04-23, 02:10 PM
Sterling

Oh, and thank you to both of you. You really saved my bacon back there. I'll buy you a beer.

Koury
2011-04-23, 02:24 PM
Eldon Market

The objects in the bug-ogres arms are people. There are no less then six of the monsters fleeing the town, chased by a group of around eight guards.

Greenish
2011-04-23, 02:35 PM
Sterling

Where are my manners? I'm Sterling Staph Daergel, soldier of fortune, peerless bravo, swordsman par excellence, master pugilist, child of shadow et cetera et cetera… The gnome gives a theatrical bow.

Lateral
2011-04-23, 05:49 PM

"Nice to meet you; my name is Aleksandr Zakharovich Yakovlev, but perhaps this may not be the best time for introductions- what with the monsters fleeing with citizens and all. May we give chase, perchance?"

Greenish
2011-04-23, 06:08 PM
Sterling

The whisper gnome gives the fleeing beasts a contemplative look. There are six of them and the big guy is pretty badly bruised. How are you on mojo-juice?

Lateral
2011-04-23, 06:17 PM

"I'm not out yet. With eight guards on our side, I don't think I'll run out. Hey, can you use poisons? I've got a power that can make them by the buckets." Aleksandr grins.
Still over half full. I'll be in trouble if there are too many more encounters today, but fine for now. :smallamused:

Greenish
2011-04-23, 06:28 PM
Sterling

Poisons tend to be more hassle than they're worth, in my experience.

As for the chase, if our quiet be-plated friend is up the chase, we might as well. He's got some fierce countenance alright.

Sterling spits to the side. I'm not particularly fond of those oversized critters, and I'm quite curious of why they're stealing people.

Tsavan
2011-04-23, 07:05 PM
Gideon

Give me a moment to catch my breath.
Gideon bends over and takes a long, deep breath.

The name is Gideon. We can exchange pleasantries over those beers later. Ah, it seems my companion is with the guards. Shall we?.

Greenish
2011-04-23, 07:08 PM
Sterling

The gnome nods. Lets.

Lateral
2011-04-23, 07:08 PM

"Yes, let's move. Sir Gideon, are you all right? I only know one healing power, and it only works on me."

Koury
2011-04-23, 07:11 PM
Eldon

The three survivors rush forward, chasing the creatures. The bug-ogres are quick, however, and make it out of town, captives in tow.

You catch up to the guards at the edge of town, where they stop their pursuit. Amongst the guards you notice another man, weilding a scythe, whos armor bears the same symbols as Gideons.

Greenish
2011-04-23, 07:15 PM
Sterling

Sterling approaches the guards. Oy! What was that about?

Koury
2011-04-23, 07:20 PM
Eldon City Limits

"Wish I knew, friend. I don't even know what they were, much less what they want. Looks like a food raid, judging by them taking those fellas. I gotta go report the losses to my superiors. Thanks for the help running them off."

Lateral
2011-04-23, 07:22 PM

"What, are you nuts? We're going after them!"

Greenish
2011-04-23, 07:25 PM
Sterling

We killed a few of them on town square, though a few of your colleagues kicked the bucket in the process. The name is Staph Daergel, if there's any reward for it. Sterling winks to the guard.

Koury
2011-04-23, 07:28 PM
Eldon City Limits

You can do as you please, of course. I, on the other hand, have procedure to follow. Besides, I signed up to catch thieves and keep the peace, not fight ten foot tall bug-monsters.

As far as a reward, I wouldn't know about that.

Greenish
2011-04-23, 07:32 PM
Sterling

Well, I guess we're not going to go running after them unprepared. The heavy contingent wouldn't be able to keep up.

The short figure rubs his hands together. Now, unless anyone has better ideas, we could see about those beers.

Lateral
2011-04-23, 07:35 PM

"True enough. It just... those poor people. There's got to be something we can do."

Greenish
2011-04-23, 07:37 PM
Sterling

Eh, people get eaten all the time, what can you do?

Of course, I'm quite curious about this. I've heard of rumours of someone holding a "scavenger hunt" of sorts, using people. I wonder if the two are connected…

Lateral
2011-04-23, 07:40 PM

"I'm also curious as to what those monsters were."

Greenish
2011-04-23, 07:44 PM
Sterling

The gnome grins. "Big and ugly" just about covers it.

Koury
2011-04-23, 07:57 PM
Eldon City Limits

Gideon exchanges words with the man in nearly matching armor and the newcomer casts a spell, mending Gideons wounds nearly completly.

Gideon seems intent on pursuing, as does his friend, who introduces himself as Lysiander.

Greenish
2011-04-23, 08:02 PM
Sterling

Well, I owe you peeps a beer, can't let you get yourselves killed before that.

Besides, it's nice to get some action again.

Lateral
2011-04-23, 08:05 PM

"All right. Anyone know how to track?"

Koury
2011-04-23, 08:06 PM
Eldon City Limits

Before setting out, Lysiander casts a spell on the party.

Will save to resist, if desired. [Spellcraft]

If affected: Affected creatures gain a +2 morale bonus to effective Strength and Dexterity, and their speed increases by +5 feet.

Duration: 24 hrs

Koury
2011-04-23, 08:17 PM
Eldon City Limits

As the spell washes over the party you become elated, full of energy and joy.

Countryside

You set out as a group, following the path made by the group of monsters rather easily.

Time goes on, however, and night begins to fall. However, just as you are comtemplating making camp or turning around, you see something. A shadowed cleft between two hills, masked by greenery, looks to be where the trail ends.

Greenish
2011-04-23, 08:26 PM
Sterling

You noisy ones hang back, I'll dive in to see if there's anything happening there. I'll be back in a minute or assume worst. The gnome winks, then points a finger at Aleksandr.

Cast my Message SLA on Aleksandr.
Duration: 10 min.
Range: 110 ft.
Aleksandr hears a faint whisper: I'll be in touch. Whisper to reply.

Then the gnome disappears into shadows.

Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

Moving into the cleft, about 100 feet, keeping in message range.

Lateral
2011-04-23, 08:29 PM

Aleksandr leans back and mentally prepares for battle.

Greenish
2011-04-23, 09:03 PM
Sterling

After a short while, Sterling emerges from the shadows. There's a cave there, round, approximately 60' in diameter, 20' high. There were two of the bug-ogres hanging from the ceiling watching the entrance.

At the opposite side there's a more narrow tunnel going somewhere. The other one disappeared there as I was watching. Sterling shrugs. I don't know if they saw me.

Lateral
2011-04-23, 09:10 PM
"All right. Let's hit 'em by surprise- if we do it quick, they won't have time to react. I have a spell to help me hide, so let's sneak up on them. Lysiander, Gideon, you stay in the back. When we attack, that's your cue to charge." Aleksandr whips out a dorje.

Greenish
2011-04-23, 09:16 PM
Sterling

Let's give that a shot, then. The gnome turns towards the plated pair. You better come fast when the fight starts.

Moving to cave entrance, at half speed. Child of Shadows up.

Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3][Edit]: Going together with Aleksandr, naturally.

Lateral
2011-04-23, 09:21 PM

Aleksandr activates his Dorje of Chameleon and follows.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Koury
2011-04-23, 09:34 PM
Cave

The circular chamber has obviously been hewn from the rock of the hill deliberately, though the hands that did it were less than skilled. The floor is damp and sandy, and the walls are made of rough limestone. The ceiling is high, at least 20 feet above the floor, and mostly hidden in shadows. A distant dripping sound is audible, as if water were filtering through the limestone roof and making its way down the walls.

The stealthy approach seems less successful this time, as the beasts are much more visibly active this time.

You are ready, however, and react first.

Map (https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en&hl=en&key=tXfHb2Sm57mO2-U5dMSs8ng&authkey=CLOgrLML#gid=0)

Lateral
2011-04-23, 09:41 PM

"Perfect! I've got the close one." Aleksandr smiles, then concentrates. The near ogre is now surrounded by slippery ectoplasm.

Manifested Psionic Grease on Ogre 2.

Koury
2011-04-23, 09:45 PM
Cave

The ogre looks visibly surprised as it does its best to hold on. It's unable to do so, however, and falls gracelessly to the floor.

[roll0]
If fail, [roll1]

Greenish
2011-04-23, 09:50 PM
Sterling

No mercy! The gnome's blades catch fire as he rushes the dropped bugre.

Charge to K5
Use Burning Blade
Attack (MH) [roll0] for [roll1] piercing + [roll2] fire.
Attack (OH) [roll3] for [roll4] piercing + [roll5] fire.

The ogre should be flat-footed & prone. If not flat-footed, substract 5 from both.

Koury
2011-04-23, 10:00 PM
Cave

The gnome strikes the fallen creature with one of his flaming blades, damaging it noticably.

Lysiander

The cleric casts light on a stone he picked up, and rushes forward.

10 ft off map.

Gideon

Grateful for the light, the chain-wielding warrior rushes forward as fast as he can.

Run action to I2

Koury
2011-04-23, 10:12 PM
Cave

The monster on the ceiling moves closer to the gnome and attempts to skewer him. Meanwhile the other ogre stands [AoO provoked] and moves back. [AoO provoked]
[roll0] vs Staph
[roll1]

Greenish
2011-04-23, 10:14 PM
Sterling

Sterling takes a stab at the fleeing bugre.

[roll0] for [roll1] piercing.

Koury
2011-04-23, 10:25 PM
Cave

The ogre beast rolls away from Staphs blade in the nick of time.

Ogre 1: Unharmed
Ogre 2: 26 damage

Greenish
2011-04-23, 10:39 PM
Sterling

Badly injured, Sterling retreats to his allies, sheathing his swords and drawing a sling.

Move to K2, sheathe swords on the move.
Tumble [roll0] vs. DC 15.

Draw loaded sling.

Sudden Leap north
Jump [roll1] feet.

Koury
2011-04-23, 10:42 PM
Gideon

Gideon moves forward, doing his best to draw the attention of the ogres. His weapon glows with holy energy as he swings his chain upward at the ogre on the roof.

Move to I5 with Iron Guards Glare active. This provokes an AoO.

[roll0]
[roll1]
On hit, [roll2]

Lateral
2011-04-23, 10:43 PM

"I suppose it may be time to pull out the big guns." Aleksandr creates a lash of energy and whips it at one of the bugres.
Manifesting Ego Whip at Ogre 1. Will save DC 17.

Koury
2011-04-23, 10:44 PM
Cave

The ceiling ogre attacks the incoming Crusader.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lateral
2011-04-23, 10:48 PM
Ego Whip damage: [roll0]

Koury
2011-04-23, 10:48 PM
Cave

[roll0]

Koury
2011-04-23, 11:07 PM
Lysiander

The Cleric moves forward rapidly, coming to the aid of his friend.

Move action forward. Activate Travel Devotion to I4.

Cast CMW on Gideon and [roll0] HP.

Koury
2011-04-23, 11:12 PM
Cave

While the ogre on the ceiling tries to make the world stop spinning around him, the ogre on the ground throws his spear at the man who made him fall.

O1: 2 Cha damage; Dazed
O2: 26 damage

[roll0]
[roll1]

Greenish
2011-04-23, 11:15 PM
Sterling

Whirling the sling, Sterling attempts to stone the injured bugre.

Attack [roll0] for [roll1] bludgeoning.

Then load the sling again.

Koury
2011-04-23, 11:21 PM
Gideon

Gideon swings his chain upward with all his power at the dazed ogre.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

If 10+ damage, [roll3] vs [roll4]
If tripped, [roll5]
If tripped, [roll6] vs prone.
[roll7]

Koury
2011-04-23, 11:30 PM
Cave

The stone hurled by the gnome slams into the wall behind the ogre.

O1: 20 Damage; 2 Cha Damage; Dazed
O2: 26 Damage

Lateral
2011-04-24, 09:45 AM

Aleksander grimaces, then fires a crossbow bolt at one ogre.

Loading, then firing at ogre 2.

Koury
2011-04-24, 01:31 PM
Lysiander

Seeing a chance to strike, the scythe-weilding cleric charges. The bug-ogre swings its fist at him as she does. The ogres fist finds its mark, but Lysiander is able to exploit it leaving itself undefended, landing a blow of his own.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Koury
2011-04-24, 01:38 PM
Cave

The ogre on the ceiling seems to briefly consider attacking the cleric, but Gideons snarling ultimatly earns him the tip of the creatures spear. Meanwhile, the grounded ogre is occupied with Lysiander.

O1: 20 damage; 2 Cha damage
O2: 35 damage

[roll0] vs Gideon
[roll1]
[roll2] vs Ly
[roll3]

Map (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLOgrLML&hl=en&key=tXfHb2Sm57mO2-U5dMSs8ng&hl=en&authkey=CLOgrLML#gid=0)

Koury
2011-04-24, 03:19 PM
Gideon

Gideon continues his attack, unrelenting. His chain slams into the ogre clinging to the ceiling, and it loses its grip and falls. Gideon shows no mercy as his chain comes around, delivering a killing blow.

[roll0]
[roll1]

If 10+ damage [roll2] vs [roll3].
If tripped, [roll4]
[roll5]
If tripped, Imp. Trip free attack. [roll6] vs prone.
[roll7]

Koury
2011-04-24, 03:31 PM
Lysiander

The cleric swings his scythe, attempting to kill the badly wounded beast. The ogre avoids the scythe, however. It does not seem keen to be hit again by its curved blade.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lateral
2011-04-24, 03:34 PM

"Okay, great, one of them's down. Let's just hurry up, we're wasting time and those people are in danger." He infuses himself with energy, then fires a bolt of fire at the surviving ogre.
Using synad multitask to manifest Vigor and Energy Ray in the same round.

Koury
2011-04-24, 03:40 PM
Cave

The ray seems as if its going to miss, but the ogre, focused on avoiding the clerics swing, moves right into its path.

It lets out a roar of pain before falling to the ground. The cleric coup de gras the ogre without hesitation.

Lateral
2011-04-24, 03:50 PM
"Well, that takes care of them."

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 04:08 PM
Gideon

Alright, take a breath and lets move on. Those people still need help

Greenish
2011-04-24, 04:09 PM
Sterling

Unless they've already been eaten. The gnome snacks on his trail rations and sips some water.

Koury
2011-04-24, 04:11 PM
Cave

The party marches on, running into a junction a little ways in.

Greenish
2011-04-24, 04:11 PM
Sterling

Looking at the forking paths, gnome turns to his comrades. So, shall I toss a coin, or do you know where to go?

Lateral
2011-04-24, 04:25 PM

"I don't know. Do the tracks lead either way?"

Koury
2011-04-24, 04:26 PM
Cave

40 feet to the west, you see another tunnel running further south. It looks about 15 ft wide. The hall also runs as far west and east as you can see.

The cave is covered in tracks. It is too hard for you to tell which tracks are the freshest.

Lateral
2011-04-24, 04:29 PM
"Damn. Let's cast that Augury to determine which fork is right."

Koury
2011-04-24, 04:36 PM
Lysiander

Lysiander lights a stick of incense and begins a short prayer. As he prays, he removes a small set of bones, throwing them to the floor at the end of his prayer.

He studies them for a moment. "All signs point to yes"

Lateral
2011-04-24, 04:38 PM

"Works for me. Let's go!"

Greenish
2011-04-24, 04:39 PM
Sterling

Very well then, East it is. The gnome uses his sword to scratch markings to the soft limestone wall, marking the turn they took at his own eye level.

New marching order, since we may be ambushed from behind: I march last, squishy in the middle.

Koury
2011-04-24, 04:48 PM
Cave

The party heads east. About 80 feet from the entrance hall, a tunnel opens to the south. Those with darkvision can see nothing of note to the south, but you can see the tunnel opens into a room straight ahead. Also, they are able to see a branch heading north near the chamber.

Map (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLOgrLML&hl=en&key=tXfHb2Sm57mO2-U5dMSs8ng&hl=en&authkey=CLOgrLML#gid=0) update in progress.

Koury
2011-04-24, 05:06 PM
Cave

The party advances with caution. Up ahead in the room, Staph is fairly certain he hears more of the beasties moving about.

Greenish
2011-04-24, 05:07 PM
Sterling

In low voice, Sterling tells others to prepare: the room is occupied.

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 05:16 PM
Gideon

In a low voice, Where?

Greenish
2011-04-24, 05:22 PM
Sterling

In the room, the gnome replies in low voice and shrugs. On my motion, rush the room.

Cast Silence. 1 min. duration, 20' radius emanation, centered on me.As unnatural silence settles on the party, the gnome makes frantic "move, move" motions.

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 05:28 PM
Gideon

The man in plate signs a symbol on his chest, saying quietly I am the weapon of Saint Cuthbert.
And then rushes quickly into the room, spinning his chain, ready to strike.

Lateral
2011-04-24, 05:29 PM

Aleks shrugs, then follows near the back.

Greenish
2011-04-24, 05:29 PM
Sterling

The whisper gnome follows on the plated man's heels.

Koury
2011-04-24, 05:39 PM
Cave

The party moves forward under cover of Silence, trying to get the drop on the creatures in the next room.

This chamber is apparently where the cave denizens gather to take their meals. Numerous bits of animal and plant matter litter the floor, providing a thin covering of rotting detritus.

It seems the tactic failed, however, as Gideon is met with two spears hurled at him the moment he enters the room.

Luckily one misses, sticking into the wall beside him. The other glances off Gideons armor, leaving a sizable dent but otherwise doing no harm.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Lateral
2011-04-24, 05:55 PM

Aleksander moves up and creates a patch of ectoplasm under the nearest of the ogres.
Moved to AL35 and manifested Ectoplasmic Sheen (Psionic Grease) in the squares Ogre 3 is in. Reflex save DC 16.

Koury
2011-04-24, 06:00 PM
Cave

The monster is unable to catch his balance and falls to his face.

[roll0] vs DC 16

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 06:05 PM
Gideon

Shrugs off the glancing blow and runs towards the nearest Ogre.
It'll take more than that to stop me, beast!

move to AQ 39, Attack [roll0] for [roll1].
Use stone bones if hit, if I can?

Koury
2011-04-24, 06:15 PM
Cave

Gideon has no trouble attacking the downed ogre, focusing his energy to enhance his defenses, drawing on the power of his weapon’s impact to toughen himself against a counterattack.

O3: 14 damage; Prone
O4: Unharmed

Greenish
2011-04-24, 06:15 PM
Sterling

Swiftly the whisper gnome lurks around the corner, and leaps into a flanking position behind westmost bug-ogre, then turns and stabs a pair of flaming swords at the fallen beast.

Move to AN-40.
Leap [roll0] to AN-43.

Use Burning Blade.
Wolf Fang Strike:
Attack (MH) [roll1] for [roll2] piercing and [roll3] fire.
Attack (OH) [roll4] for [roll5] piercing and [roll6] fire.

If a prone creature counts as balancing, and thus flat-footed, add +5 to both.

Koury
2011-04-24, 06:23 PM
Cave

Sterling Staph rushes at the fallen ogre, his sword alight with magical flame. He uses his sword to help launch himself past the ogre, leaving a long gash along his trail. Upon landing at the beasts head, Staph does not hesitate to put his other sword into the creatures exposed neck.

It never even has a chance to yell out.

Ariadonna
2011-04-24, 06:53 PM
Lysiander Diamontopoulus

Lysiander rushes in to fight the ogre along side Gideon. Swiftly, he swings his scythe at the beast.

Move to AS 39; spending two turn attempts on Travel Devotion.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Koury
2011-04-24, 07:03 PM
Cave

The beast attacks the cleric as he tried to close distance. The scythe wielding man is too quick, however, and the ogre misses.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The ogre picks up the club at his feet [Attack of Opportunity] and sings it violently at Lysiander. Again, the cleric proves to be too quick. The ogre is visibly frusterated.

[roll2]
[roll3]

Ariadonna
2011-04-24, 07:10 PM
Lysiander Diamontopoulus

As the ogre reaches for his weapon, Lysiander spots an opening in the ogres armor and moves to take advantage of it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Koury
2011-04-24, 07:18 PM
Cave

And take advantage of it he does with a devistating hit. The ogre is still standing, but barely.

O3: Dead
O4: 36 damage; sad

Lateral
2011-04-24, 07:23 PM

"Nice shot." Aleksandr fires a bolt at the ogre.

Ariadonna
2011-04-24, 07:26 PM
Lysiander Diamontopoulus

Seeing that his previous attack did not finish the foul beast, Lysiander closes in for the final blow, determined to kill it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Koury
2011-04-24, 07:29 PM
Cave

Aleks' bolt lands squarely between the creatures multiple bug eyes. As its head kicks backward from the force of the bolt, the clerics scythe slices cleanly through the creature exposed neck.

Greenish
2011-04-24, 07:31 PM
Sterling

Seeing the battle is over, Sterling dismisses the Silence with a wave of his hand. Good show, good show.

Lateral
2011-04-24, 07:40 PM

"That was awfully quick." He turns to Lysiander. "Hey, remind me when we get out of here- I owe you a beer."

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 07:41 PM
Gideon

Staph, do you see any sign of the village people?

Looks around, My eyes aren't always reliable

Greenish
2011-04-24, 07:43 PM
Sterling

Well, there are at least two beasts still loose here somewhere, and we haven't seen the captured people. The diminutive gnome shrugs. Maybe they've been eaten already.

Sterling looks around. So, next direction? How about North?

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 07:48 PM
Gideon

Its worth a shot.

Ariadonna
Lysiander Diamontopoulus

He turns to Aleksandr Yes you do. And that was my kill you stole. With a smirk he turns to address the party in general North sounds fine to me.

Lateral

"Let's search the North one first, then come back for the south one." Aleksandr grins at Lysiander. "Too slow. Better luck next time, mademoiselle."

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 07:51 PM
Gideon

Gideon steps forward, taking the lead.

Gideon falters slightly in his step, and begins laughing. Don't confuse the long, fair hair for that of a womans, friend. He has quite the temper.

Koury
2011-04-24, 07:51 PM
Cave

The party proceeds down the north hall.

Map (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLOgrLML&hl=en&key=tXfHb2Sm57mO2-U5dMSs8ng&hl=en&authkey=CLOgrLML#gid=0)ping in progress.

Ariadonna
2011-04-24, 07:52 PM
Lysiander Diamontopoulus

Lysiander follows right behind Gideon.

Lysiander turns back to Aleksandr "If you call me a woman again, I'll make sure you lose your reason to even look at women"

Greenish
2011-04-24, 07:53 PM
Sterling

Waiting for others to pass, Sterling marks the crossroads wall with his swords, then falls into rearguard.

Koury
2011-04-24, 07:59 PM
Cave

The party finds two rooms, both devoid of creatures. The northenmost room, while large, is empty. [Knowledge Architecture]

The side room is full of rubble, seemingly discarded buts of stone from digging out the cave. [Knowledge Architecture/Nature/Dungeoneering]

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 08:03 PM
Gideon
Interesting...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Greenish
2011-04-24, 08:06 PM
Sterling

After poking around in the side room, the gnome joins his oversized companions. Well, at least we can rule this area out. South next?

Ariadonna
2011-04-24, 08:12 PM
Lysiander Diamontopoulus

I don't think there is anything here. We should head South and continue our search.

Lateral
2011-04-24, 08:13 PM

"You mean the west hall? Let's." He turns to Lysiander. "And... let's agree never to speak of this again, shall we?"
Sheesh, you misread a character sheet once, and this happens. :smallsigh:

Koury
2011-04-24, 08:13 PM
Cave

The group searchs both rooms, but turns up nothing of interest.

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 08:16 PM
Gideon

Gideon laughs quietly and continues on down the hall towards the South-West.

Koury
2011-04-24, 08:34 PM
Cave

Not far down the south hall, the party hears a man scream. It is dificult to tell which direction it came from, however, due to it bouncing off the walls. [Listen]

Lateral
2011-04-24, 08:36 PM
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Greenish
2011-04-24, 08:36 PM
Sterling

See, they're eating him!
[roll0]

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 08:37 PM
Gideon

Gideon leans forward, straining to hear.

[roll0]

Ariadonna
2011-04-24, 08:38 PM
Lysiander

This can't be good...

[roll0]

Ariadonna
2011-04-24, 08:41 PM
Lysiander

Whispers to Gideon and whoever else can hear: "It's coming from the South. We should press forward and try to save whom we can."

Lateral
2011-04-24, 08:42 PM

"We don't have time for sneaking. I say we charge. Hey, maybe I'll owe you another beer." Aleksandr grins.

Greenish
2011-04-24, 08:43 PM
Sterling

Daring heroics, eh? Seems to be in style. The gnome, yet again, shrugs. I'm game.

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 08:44 PM
Gideon

Gideon picks up the pace to an almost all out run.
We must hurry, there may still be time

Ariadonna
2011-04-24, 08:46 PM
Lysiander

Less talking more chopping! Lysiander rushed in just behind Gideon.

Lateral
2011-04-24, 08:46 PM

"Right behind ya." Aleksandr follows.

Greenish
2011-04-24, 08:49 PM
Sterling

Too much hurry ain't healthy. The gnome follows from some distance, keeping eye and ear out for trouble.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Every time the gnome passes a split in the tunnel, he marks the route followed.

Koury
2011-04-24, 09:00 PM
Cave

The party rushes forward with the exception of Sterling, who keeps pace, but hangs back.

The floor in the north/south hallway are damp but relatively free of litter. It appears that little if any traffic passes through here. The limestone walls are somewhat more rugged than those in the rest of the complex, showing numerous gouges.

As Gideon rushed into the hall, he hears rumbling from above.

Koury
2011-04-24, 09:05 PM
Cave

Unable to tell the clanging of his armor from the grating of stone above him until it is too late, Gideon is hit by falling stone.

[roll0] damage. Also, pinned. Str check to free yourself.

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 09:12 PM
Gideon

Gideon falls to the ground under the weight of the rocks.

[roll0]

Greenish
2011-04-24, 09:12 PM
Sterling

Sterling matches up with the rest. See, I told you it's not healthy. He peers under the pile of stones. How are you doing, still alive?

Koury
2011-04-24, 09:14 PM
Cave

A voice issues from somewhere north, ringing on the limestone walls of the cavern. “Petty creatures!” it shouts. “You have incurred the inestimable anger of Brath the Lesser. Prepare to be destroyed!” Then the hallway goes dark.

The area fills with shadowy illumination. 20% miss chance for all.

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 09:16 PM
Gideon

Just barely. Such a fool am I. Gideon tries to push the rocks off him, cursing silently at the pain. All but useless now.

Brath the lesser? Gideon grunts as he stands up.
Fantastic...

Greenish
2011-04-24, 09:18 PM
Sterling

Oh, can it. You can pity yourself later, if you make it out alive. The gnome sets his shoulders by the boulder. Now, give me a hand here.
I can Aid Another on a Strength-check, right? +2 for you!

Ariadonna
2011-04-24, 09:19 PM
Lysiander

After the hall goes dark, Lysiander mumbles a few words and touches his Scythe, which suddenly shines with light.

Koury
2011-04-24, 09:29 PM
Cave

The voice begins casting a spell.

Greenish
2011-04-24, 09:33 PM
Sterling

Sterling does something with his voice and sounds to be casting the same thing, with the same voice as Brath, loud enough for everyone to hear. Then he moves back a bit.

Ghost Sound to mimic the casting.

Move to AA-57.

Lateral
2011-04-24, 09:39 PM
"Wait, is it... an illusion, perhaps?"
Will save: [roll0]

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 09:52 PM
Gideon

Gideon turns to Lysiander, Sorry, my friend, and punches him in the head.

[roll0] and if it hits, then [roll1]

Ariadonna
2011-04-24, 10:02 PM
Lysiander
You son of a whore! Couldn't you just wait until later when I could just heal you? That kinda hurt...

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 10:05 PM
Gideon
Oh quiet down, you would have done the same, if not more.

Lateral
2011-04-24, 10:11 PM

"Wait, I've got an idea." Aleksandr concentrates and forms yet another patch of ectoplasm.

Psionic Grease at squares R and S-53 and 54. Save DC 16.

Koury
2011-04-24, 10:23 PM
Cave

The spell completes and Gideon and Lysiander feel magic wash over them, and their eyelids get heavy. Both are able to throw off the spell before succumbing, however.

"Haha, strong, are you?"

He begins casting another spell.

Will save, Gideon

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 10:25 PM
Gideon

Gideon feels strange, and tries to shake out of it.

[roll0]

Koury
2011-04-24, 10:27 PM
Cave

From somewhere north you hear a loud scream, female this time.

It gets cut short, however.

Brath laughs and says "Its almost complete!"

Greenish
2011-04-24, 10:27 PM
Sterling

Sterling has had enough. He rushes to the North tunnel.

Double move to S-52.
Jump over Grease autosucceeds.

Koury
2011-04-24, 10:28 PM
Cave

Gideon is again able to throw off the magical forces attempting to overcome him.

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 10:34 PM
Gideon

Gideon is tired of standing around, listening to the disembodied voice.
For the Cudgel of Cuthbert!

Attempting to running jump over the grease to R-52 [roll0]

Koury
2011-04-24, 10:38 PM
Cave

Gideon falls short.

Land in S54. Reflex DC 16. If you pass, Balance DC 10 to be able to move. You still have 10 ft of move if you aren't prone.

Tsavan
2011-04-24, 10:41 PM
Gideon

Gideon sees that he's going to fall short, and prepares to land.

[roll0] if made then [roll1] Can't it be a Fort save instead? :smallwink:

After his landing, he moves forward carefully and visibly stiffens glaring intently at the darkness ahead of him.

Move to R53 and activate Iron Guard Glare.

Lateral
2011-04-25, 03:14 PM
Aleks grimaces. "Augh, why did I do that?" He walks up right behind the Greased patch and fires a crossbow bolt into the room.
Moving to R-55 and firing bolt to R-42.
Damage (if necessary): [roll1]
Concealment (high=miss, if necessary): [roll2]

Ariadonna
2011-04-25, 03:53 PM
Lysiander

Lysiander moves up next to Aleksandr with his lighted scythe to assess the situation

Move to Q 55
Diagonal move from S 57 to R 56 to avoid difficult terrain

Koury
2011-04-25, 04:02 PM
Cave

Aleks moves forward and fires a bolt down the hall. It strikes a ogre in the room. The ogre seems to turn to fight but stops when Brath says "Stop! Continue your work! We are almost done here!" [Listen]

Lysiander moves forward, revealing the room ahead to all. The room is covered in fresh blood and viscera. A single ogre is in view.

Lateral
2011-04-25, 04:08 PM
Listen: [roll0]

Greenish
2011-04-25, 04:13 PM
Sterling

Right, now I'm angry. If you want to fight, lets fight! Sterling charges at the blue ogre, weapons ablaze. [Attack of Opportunity]

[roll0]

Charge: move to R-49
[roll1] vs. DC 15.

Using Burning Blade:

Koury
2011-04-25, 04:31 PM
Cave

No one knows exactly where Braths voice is coming from, though it is defintly in the hall.

This becomes obvious, however, when Brath speaks next.

You shall not interfere! Since you insist on resisting, then I'll simply kill you all!

Without warning the area is briefly engulfed in flames. [Spellcraft] The flames disappear as quickly as they came, a blue skinned ogre appearing from nowhere, floating off the ground about 5 feet up.

Meanwhile, the ogre in the room moves out of sight.

[roll0] to everyone. Reflex half.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG200.jpg

Map (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLOgrLML&hl=en&key=tXfHb2Sm57mO2-U5dMSs8ng&hl=en&authkey=CLOgrLML#gid=0)

Koury
2011-04-25, 05:05 PM
Cave

The party, still standing after the fire attack, launches its counter attack against the now visible mage.

Sterling leads the assault, avoiding the blue ogres greatsword and landing a devistating blow against Brath, both blades plunging into the ogres nether regions.

Brath: 34 damage
O5: 8 damage

Tsavan
2011-04-25, 05:16 PM
Gideon

Gideon in a last ditch effort, runs forward, swinging his chain
FOR SAINT CUTHBERT

Move to Q49, Use Stone Bones [roll0] for [roll1]

Koury
2011-04-25, 05:21 PM
Cave

Gideons attack finds its mark and the mage, who had only just revealed himself, falls unceremoniously to the ground. [Spot]

Greenish
2011-04-25, 05:31 PM
Sterling

It's not dead! It's healing! The bloody thing is healing! The gnome climbs on top of the ogre and starts stabbing it in the face with both swords. When we kill you, You! Stay! Dead!

Lateral
2011-04-25, 05:45 PM
"Here, let me help." Aleksandr shoots the ogre with a bolt of fire.
Augmented once, for good measure.

Greenish
2011-04-25, 05:52 PM
Sterling

Wiping splattered blood from his face with his sleeve, the whisper gnome remarks, that should do it. Now then, back to business.

Oh, but first things first. Sterling searches the corpse.

Koury
2011-04-25, 05:55 PM
Lysiander

The Cleric tries to cross the grease as the psion blasts the mages body. The cleric manages to not slip but makes little progress through.

[roll0] vs DC 10

Koury
2011-04-25, 05:59 PM
Cave

The bug-ogre moves back into view, bound and gagged hostage in hand. The beast places the hostage on the bloody table.

Greenish
2011-04-25, 06:06 PM

Lateral
2011-04-25, 06:07 PM

"OH, NO YOU DON'T!" Aleksandr runs up and coats the floor around the ogre in slick grease.
Moving to R-48 and manifesting Ectoplasmic Sheen on Ogre 5. Save DC 16.

Koury
2011-04-25, 06:12 PM
Cave

The ogre falls prone, nearly hitting its head on the edge of the bloody stone table.

[roll0] vs DC 16

Greenish
2011-04-25, 06:14 PM
Sterling

Grim-faced, the whisper gnome negotiaties his way over the fallen adversary to face the new one. He leaps up on the table and brings his swords down on the bugre in unison.

Move to R-44.
[roll0] vs. DC 20 (if the table is 5' high).
[roll1] vs. DC 15.

Burning Blade & Rapid Wolf Strike:

Greenish
2011-04-25, 06:21 PM
Sterling

Sudden Leap [roll0] vs. DC 20.

Koury
2011-04-25, 06:30 PM
Cave

Sterling leaps onto the table, standing beside the terrified hostage. His timing is poor, however, as the falling ogre flailing almost catches Staph upside the head.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Prone still gets AoOs, right?

Tsavan
2011-04-25, 06:36 PM
Gideon

Gideon, now feeling the effects of the last few hits trudges his way over to the next enemy as fast as possible.

move to Q45, use mountain hammer [roll0] for [roll1] and [roll2]

Koury
2011-04-25, 08:56 PM
Cave

Gideon swings with all his might, but his aim is off. There is a noticable chunk of floor broken where the chain impacted.

Koury
2011-04-25, 09:59 PM
Lysiander

Lysiander hustles forward, moving around the charred blue ogres body.

Cave

The fallen bug ogre stands, [Attack of Opportunity] eyes fixed on the helpless victim on the table.

Greenish
2011-04-25, 10:02 PM
Sterling

Like a small and surprisingly bipedal shark, Sterling unhesitatingly cashes in the opportunity presented.

[roll0] for [roll1] piercing.

Koury
2011-04-25, 10:08 PM
Gideon

The crusader strikes!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Koury
2011-04-25, 10:21 PM
Cave

The ogre raises his club, attempting to carry out Braths last order before he goes down.

[roll=Attack]1d20+7[roll] vs captive
[roll0]

Koury
2011-04-25, 10:45 PM
Cave

*splortch*

With the death of the victim, the table begins to glow. The party finishes off the wounded ogre with ease as the red light coming from the table begins to pulse.

[Intellegence Check]

Greenish
2011-04-25, 10:52 PM
Sterling

I may be stating the obvious, but this is not good.
[roll0]

Ariadonna
2011-04-25, 11:54 PM
Lysiander
Yeah this doesn't look good...

[roll0]

Koury
2011-04-25, 11:58 PM
Aleks

[roll0]

Tsavan
2011-04-26, 12:04 AM
Gideon

[roll0]

Aren't I just the coolest? :smallwink:

Koury
2011-04-26, 12:19 AM
Cave

The table pulses faster and faster, and within seconds seems almost to be a constant light. The table begins to shake. Before long it cracks, and an image none of you recognize appears.

You see a bloated mass of what seems like flesh. The skin ripples, blisters, and bursts, spreading thick goo. Flesh grows from the edge of these wounds and the blob seems to get a bit larger each time. Its form is always growing, always changing. However, one feature remains constant: Translucent flesh in its midsection reveals organs, blood vessels, and sinew arranged to depict a grotesque, dreaming face.

Then, the image disappears and the red light fades.

Greenish
2011-04-26, 12:23 AM
Sterling

Uh… guys, did you see that? The gnome looks about wild-eyed.

Greenish
2011-04-26, 12:43 AM
Sterling

I'm going to need something stronger than beer… Sterling looks around. You think all of the prisoners were here?

Well, here's hoping we won't walk away empty-handed. The gnome heads for Brath's corpse and starts going through the dead ogre's pockets.

Koury
2011-04-26, 12:44 AM
Cave

You find a small tarnished silver key.

Greenish
2011-04-27, 01:26 AM
Sterling

I think we've killed most of the bugres, but lets not take chances. It seems like all the prisoners are dead, so we're in no hurry. I suggest we get out of here and find a safe place to camp and lick our wounds. The gnome holds up the silver key. Then tomorrow, we will come back to find if there's anything worth our while in here.

Koury
2011-04-27, 01:45 AM
Cave

A slightly confused, very battered, yet still living group emerges from the cave, taking the same way out as they used to come in. Night has fallen and the party decided to make camp.

Safe Distance From Cave

Finding a suitable spot, the whisper gnome, synad, lesser aasimar and human take shifts staying awake, entrusting their security to people they had met only mere hours ago.

The night passes uneventfully, much to the parties relief.

All daily abilities renewed. Spell slots and power points refreshed. Everyone heals 3 HP.

Koury
2011-04-27, 08:59 PM
Safe Distance From Cave

In the morning, Lysiander is able to prepare and cast a few more healing spells, his magic soothing wounds for everyone in the party, except Aleks, who had taken only minor damage.

When they feel they are ready, the party ventures back into the cave, attempting to make sure they didn't miss any potential survivors. At least one memeber was also keenly interested in discovering just what the small key they found opened, also.

Cave

The four adventurers enter the cave and begin methodically exploring the cave, sticking to the wall on their left, traveling clockwise. They travel through two more large, rather empty, chambers before they stumble upon an occupied room.

The floor of this chamber is covered with a thick layer of trash, much of it rotting organic material. This is clearly where the bug-ogres disposed of their trash. Amongst the trash you find three monsterous scorpions, all of which spot you upon entering the room.

Lateral
2011-04-27, 09:10 PM

"Hah. The scorpions are all bunched up; this is perfect." He fires three powerful missiles of fire at the scorpions.
Move to K-63, hit 'em all with Energy Missile. Save DC 17.
Damage: [roll0]

Koury
2011-04-27, 09:34 PM
Cave

Aleks missiles land cleanly on two of the scorpions, while the third manages to cover itself with its tail.

S1: 12
S2: 12
S3: 6

[roll0] vs DC 17
[roll1] vs DC 17
[roll2] vs DC 17

Tsavan
2011-04-27, 09:55 PM
Gideon

Gideon mutters Damn bugs... before advancing towards the scorpions.
Move to G68, [roll0] for [roll1], mountain hammer for [roll2]

Greenish
2011-04-27, 09:56 PM
Sterling

Sterling draws his blades as he rushes the northernmost oversized vermin, striking their blades together to cause them to flame before striking both towards his foe.

Twisted charge to E-66.

Initiate Burning Blade.
Attack (MH) [roll0] for [roll1] piercing and [roll2] fire.
Attack (OH) [roll3] for [roll4] piercing and [roll5] fire.

Ariadonna
2011-04-27, 10:03 PM
Lysiander

Giant Scorpions! Of course!, Lysiander mutters as he enters the room. He extends his left hand and a magic bolt shoots out of it directly at the first Giant Scorpion.

Move to H 65
Darkbolt
[roll0]
[roll1]

Koury
2011-04-27, 10:11 PM
Cave

Gideons chain cracks one of the scorpions chitinous armor while Sterling sinks his flaming blades into a different scorpions soft underbelly. As he does that, Lysiander's bolt of dark energy flies over Staphs shoulder, hitting the scorpion. The scorpion seems overwhelmed by the evil charge of the darkbolt.

[roll0]

S1: 50; Stunned
S2: 29

Koury
2011-04-27, 10:39 PM
Cave

The scorpions who are currently not fighting waves of darkness coursing through their bodies counterattack, defending their home. Both scorpions advance to attack Gideon in a swarm of claws and tails. [AoO vs S2]

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

Koury
2011-04-27, 10:41 PM
Cave

One of the scorpions tries to keep Gideon in its claws.

[roll0]

Tsavan
2011-04-27, 11:01 PM
Gideon

As the giant scorpion moves closer to Gideon, he sees that it dropped its guard, and he lashes out.
[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2]

Koury
2011-04-27, 11:39 PM
Cave

Gideon puts another dent in the scorpion as it draws near while simultanously escaping the clutchess of the other one.

S1: 50; Stunned
S2: 38

Greenish
2011-04-27, 11:47 PM
Sterling

Not dead yet? Ha, we'll fix that! Sterling again scratches his swords together, but this time the spark flies off to the other side of the stunned scorpion, forming into small but distinct fire elemental. With the same smooth movement, the gnome stabs his swords at the helpless scorpion.

Use Distracting Ember (since merely being stunned doesn't prevent one from being flanked).

Koury
2011-04-27, 11:50 PM
Cave

The scorpion falls to Sterings blades, never having a chance to act.

Tsavan
2011-04-28, 01:24 AM
Gideon

You'll have to try harder than that!

Stone Bones [roll0] for [roll1] Apparently I will too

Koury
2011-04-28, 01:28 AM
Cave

Gideon, failing to designate a target of his attack, ends up splitting the difference and missing both scorpions.

Lesson: Designate targets! :smallamused:

Ariadonna
2011-04-28, 10:44 AM
Lysiander
C'mon, die already!

Move to H 68
I'm attacking SCORPION TWO *flashing sign* *Pointing arrows*
[roll0]
[roll1]

Koury
2011-04-28, 10:56 AM
Cave

The scythe wielding cleric of St. Cuthbert misses his mark.

S1: Murdered
S2: 38

Yet to act: Aleks

Lateral
2011-04-28, 01:49 PM

"Well, okay, then." Aleksandr fires a ray of energy at one bug.
Cold ray to S2.

Koury
2011-04-28, 02:02 PM
Cave

Aleks' ray finds its target, who seems to ignore it completly. Both living scorpions try their best to shred Gideons armor. The crusader manages to dodge claws left and right, but is caught off balance by one of the stingers. As it penetrates his armor, he feels the deadly poison inject into his body. [Fort Save]

[roll0] vs Gideon
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6] vs Gideon
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

S2: 41

Greenish
2011-04-28, 02:20 PM
Sterling

Going round the dead scorpion, Sterling sneaks into the unprotected flank of the scorpion with burned tail, and attempts to stab it with his paired swords.

Move to D-71 keeping the distance so as to not provoke AoO.

Wolf Fang Strike at Scorp #3.

Koury
2011-04-28, 02:37 PM
Cave

Sterling finds more success attacking the scorpions, scoring two more hits.

S2: 41
S3: 20

Yet to act: Gid, Lys, Aleks

Ariadonna
2011-04-28, 05:10 PM
Gideon

[roll0]