PDA

View Full Version : SW Saga: Purchase Custom Droid?

Oudthrinn
2011-04-22, 04:19 AM
I see all these rules for playing a droid character, but what about just purchasing a droid to follow you around? Or even a droid that attaches itself to you? Specifically, I'm looking for a first degree Medical/Slicer that straps itself to the character and provides medical assistance when necessary. I started looking at stripping down already available medical droids, but then I started wondering what the actual starting price for a complete empty chasis would be, and how much the programming for x levels so it could actually do its job, etc.

Thoughts?

Toofey
2011-04-22, 11:30 AM
I would ask your DM/GM whatever, if they're going to allow that at all, while it may be allowed in the rules book (although not expressly so if the prices aren't listed) it may well be that your DM is being dodgy about it because they're concerned it would break the game.

I would never let a player in any system I was running have an auto heal machine strapped to them. There's no way that's good for play.

Oudthrinn
2011-04-24, 02:06 AM
I would ask your DM/GM whatever, if they're going to allow that at all, while it may be allowed in the rules book (although not expressly so if the prices aren't listed) it may well be that your DM is being dodgy about it because they're concerned it would break the game.

I would never let a player in any system I was running have an auto heal machine strapped to them. There's no way that's good for play.

My GM wasn't being dodgy, he just really doesn't know what the rules are pertaining to something like that. Also, what harm would having an "auto heal machine" strapped to me be? A single blaster would disintegrate it, and as my GM said "Be aware, anything you can do, so can your enemies." He's already helped me at length to make this concept work for his campaign, was just seeing if there was anything in the books on it.

FelixG
2011-04-24, 07:46 AM
If I remember correctly the droid section gives the price for base model droids...so you just take the added equipment you like and add that cost to the base version, then I would likely slap an x4 modifier on the whole thing due to miniaturization and the cost associated with such things.

If I were the Gm though I would just make the droid another character that goes around with you, that way it can be used or targeted more easily

Friv
2011-04-24, 11:33 AM
You're looking for the Scavenger's Guide to Droids, which has a writeup on how to price nonheroic droids in Chapter 2.

For a medical droid, the base cost is 1,000 credits (modified by size factor, so probably 5,000 credits for a Tiny droid that you can strap to your back), plus the cost of the various systems, processors, and appendages you give it, plus the sum of the droid's Ability modifiers x1000 credits, plus 2,000 credits per talent possessed, plus 500 credits per trained skill, plus 1,000 credits per feat, plus 1,000 credits per nonheroic level, and divide your final result by 2 for some reason. I'm not sure why they didn't just factor that division into every step, but there you go.

Oudthrinn
2011-04-24, 10:49 PM
You're looking for the Scavenger's Guide to Droids, which has a writeup on how to price nonheroic droids in Chapter 2.

For a medical droid, the base cost is 1,000 credits (modified by size factor, so probably 5,000 credits for a Tiny droid that you can strap to your back), plus the cost of the various systems, processors, and appendages you give it, plus the sum of the droid's Ability modifiers x1000 credits, plus 2,000 credits per talent possessed, plus 500 credits per trained skill, plus 1,000 credits per feat, plus 1,000 credits per nonheroic level, and divide your final result by 2 for some reason. I'm not sure why they didn't just factor that division into every step, but there you go.

Well, there's those appendages, processors, and systems of course. The price of all those additional parts would need to be added to each of these before dividing the entire sum by 2.

Oudthrinn
2011-04-24, 11:52 PM

I'm noticing that for every action I want my droid to take, I need to expend a certain number of swift actions. That should keep the naysayers away from "OMG healbot is brokensauce! D:" if I have to expend 2 swift actions to make it heal me :)