PDA

View Full Version : Flumph Characters

LOTRfan
2011-04-22, 10:16 AM
High, currently I am working on an Ecology article (like the ones that used to be in Dragon) for the Worldbuilding forum. I am looking for ways to optimize a Flumph Paladin.

Flumphs can be found in Dungeon 118, are tiny, have 2d8 HD, and have the following racial modifiers: Dex +6, Con +2, and Wis +2. Currently, I'm thinking of making the flumph a ranged paladin.

So, my questions are:
What is a good Paladin ACF that replaces the special mount?
What feats should I apply to get the maximum power out of a ranged flumph paladin? I'm obviously going to need ranged smite, for starters.
If this isn't a good idea, what other classes might be useful (preferably not sorcerer, as I want to give it levels in something other than its favored class).

Greenish
2011-04-22, 10:23 AM
Charging Smite is the best replacement for the mount, but obviously not for an archer. Both Dungeonscape and Cityscape have decent ACFs.

That said, mounted archery is not a bad idea, especially when you're of the size where your mount easily fits into small places.

LOTRfan
2011-04-22, 10:32 AM
That said, mounted archery is not a bad idea, especially when you're of the size where your mount easily fits into small places.

Charging Smite could actually work, considering Flumph has a plummeting charge racial feature. So a seventh level paladin with 13 strength would deal 1d8+18 damage plus 1d4 acid damage...

As for mounted archery, that could also be an option, though finding a proper mount would be necessary (it seems sort of silly for a flying creature to be riding dogs).

mootoall
2011-04-22, 02:13 PM
Wasn't there some scenario where a flumph could get a flumph mount? I vaguely remember this ...

Moriato
2011-04-22, 04:04 PM
Wasn't there some scenario where a flumph could get a flumph mount? I vaguely remember this ...

Probably something in the BoEF...

LOTRfan
2011-04-22, 04:54 PM
That would be because while the official Flumph is tiny, the Tome of Horrors Flumph is small. I'm sticking with the tiny version, though.