PDA

View Full Version : Early Chakra Binding? - Incarnum

subject42
2011-04-22, 12:28 PM
It seems like the earliest you can bind the Phoenix belt to the waist chakra is 14th level. Is there any way you can get that earlier?

Additionally, what exactly are the rules for ongoing fire damage? If I'm reading it correctly, if you catch on fire, you continue taking fire damage until you explicitly end the effect by succeeding on a DC 15 Reflex save. How does that interact with fire resistance?

I'm playing around with the idea of using the Phoenix belt with one point of essentia in order to get what essentially comes out to fast healing 0.83. Unfortunately, by the time you could do it, that's not very impressive.

Diarmuid
2011-04-22, 01:05 PM
I cant speak to the chakra stuff, but being on fire works as you would imagine it would with fire resistance. If the ongoing damage is greater than your fire resistance, you take that much damage. If it isnt, then you dont take the damage.

Once you make your Ref save, you no longer have to calculate the ongoing damage and determine if it overcomes your FR.

If you have FR 5, and the damage is 1d6...for every round you dont make the Ref save you would roll and take 1 dmg any time the 6 comes up. If you have FR 10 in the same scenario, you wouldnt take any damage any you can simply ignore it till you make the Ref save.

Keld Denar
2011-04-22, 01:08 PM
If you can turbo-boost your ML, you could manifest a ML17 Open Chakra (Psionic) to pry open your Waist chakra by force. Its kinda ugly, and might require some chinancery like stacking Wild Surge + Overchannel + Orange IWIN Stone + Earth Power + Torc of Power Preservation + etc etc etc.

I'm guessing you could probably pull that off by about ECL11, but that's not THAT much more amazingly early than level 14 as a straight meldshaper...

The advantage of your idea, however, is that no ninja anywhere would be able to grapple you. That's something...right?

subject42
2011-04-22, 03:20 PM
Is Open Chakra from Magic of Incarnum?

Keld Denar
2011-04-22, 03:40 PM
Yup, its in the Psionic's section. Its a Psion4/PsyWar4 power.

Kantolin
2011-04-22, 04:11 PM
An Ironsoul Forgemaster opens up the waist chakra a bit early - at level 11, I believe.