PDA

View Full Version : Would you let this qualify for multiweapon fighting?

Coidzor
2011-04-22, 03:15 PM
So, warforged can take a feat in order to get a bite attack.

Lords of Madness has a +1 bonus weapon property called Mouthpick which lets a weapon be wielded in place of a bite attack.

Kusari-gama/spinning swords can be wielded one in each hand.

So imagine a warforged with a spiked chain for a tongue that is also wielding a kusari-gama in each hand. Would you let it use multiweapon fighting?

Mostly though just picture a warforged with nasty chompers and a spiked chain for a tongue. (Is this Awesome: Y/N?)

TheDreadedThrag
2011-04-22, 03:22 PM
I guess that would depend on the DM giving you your mouth weapon as a "hand"
for being able to actually use that feat, Also even though it's been adapted to a mouth weapon that's technically 3 two-handed weapons you're wielding.

Personally i think the spinning swords might swing for that, but a spiked chain AND two kusarigama's wouldn't just incur penalties for being able to use them proficiently but, hell the wind might blow and you'd be tangled for who knows how long. (ever try to untangle a chain? this one has spikes

but an awesome concept? Yes...Yes it is

Goober4473
2011-04-22, 03:53 PM
Does the mouth weapon count as a natural weapon, like the bite, or does it just let you wield a weapon in your mouth at the cost of the bite?

If it works like the bite, then you could probably use it as a secondary attack, and apply multiattack to it (you may need another natural wapon for this though, since it requires 3, and warforged just have the one slam normally).

If it's wielded as a weapon, I guess it depends on if it counts as a hand.

Coidzor
2011-04-22, 07:19 PM
I guess that would depend on the DM giving you your mouth weapon as a "hand" for being able to actually use that feat,

Well, yes, that's pretty much the crux of the question.

Also even though it's been adapted to a mouth weapon that's technically 3 two-handed weapons you're wielding.

IRL, maybe, but in D&D Kusarigamas are light weapons that only require one hand to wield and spinning swords are either one-handed or light.

Does the mouth weapon count as a natural weapon, like the bite, or does it just let you wield a weapon in your mouth at the cost of the bite?

If it works like the bite, then you could probably use it as a secondary attack, and apply multiattack to it (you may need another natural wapon for this though, since it requires 3, and warforged just have the one slam normally).

If it's wielded as a weapon, I guess it depends on if it counts as a hand.

It's wielded as a weapon with BAB and iterative attacks and everything. I believe it was left rather ambiguous in the RAW though.

Lateral
2011-04-22, 07:32 PM
I'd allow it, although it'd be really ridiculous-looking. :smalltongue:

Kuulvheysoon
2011-04-22, 07:56 PM

If by ridiculous-looking you mean AWESOME, then yes. He's a lawnmower of death!

Thri-Kreen: "Companion, what's that?"
Other Thri-kreen: "I do not know, Fri-"
*both sliced in half by warforged*
Warforged: "LAAAAAAAAAAWNMOOOOOOOOOWER!"

Coidzor
2011-04-22, 08:08 PM

The complete image maybe, but there's just something about giving a Warforged a Gene Simmons tongue. That they kill people with. :smallbiggrin:

chainer1216
2011-04-23, 01:18 AM
http://www.onepiecepics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/demotivational-poster-21.jpg
really, thats all i have to say.

now we need to figure out how to get a human a bite attack, and my life is complete.

Coidzor
2011-04-23, 01:39 AM
now we need to figure out how to get a human a bite attack, and my life is complete.

That is the sticky wicket here... :/ Only templates I can recall that do that are practically unplayable like Half-Fiend.

Very appropriate name for the topic you have there tough. :smallbiggrin:

Necroticplague
2011-04-23, 08:28 AM

Feat chain! willing deformity->deformity(mouth) for a bite attack (weaker than standard, usually just their for mouthpick weapons). For claws, willing deformity->deformity (hands). Draconic gives you a weak bite and claws combo for la+1

AslanCross
2011-04-23, 08:56 AM
So, warforged can take a feat in order to get a bite attack.

Lords of Madness has a +1 bonus weapon property called Mouthpick which lets a weapon be wielded in place of a bite attack.

Kusari-gama/spinning swords can be wielded one in each hand.

So imagine a warforged with a spiked chain for a tongue that is also wielding a kusari-gama in each hand. Would you let it use multiweapon fighting?

Mostly though just picture a warforged with nasty chompers and a spiked chain for a tongue. (Is this Awesome: Y/N?)

Yes. And yes, it's totally awesome.

Quietus
2011-04-23, 09:21 AM
http://www.onepiecepics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/demotivational-poster-21.jpg
really, thats all i have to say.

Come to me in a silly game, and ask to spend a feat for a bite attack on a human for this purpose, and I'd let you. Really, depends on your DM, I think.

Of course, RAW methods are more fun, but willing deformities are nasty. Though then with three feats you can get a bite attack and reach...

Necroticplague
2011-04-23, 12:29 PM
Of course, RAW methods are more fun, but willing deformities are nasty. Though then with three feats you can get a bite attack and reach...

The hard part about them is, once you take a few, you want to take them all. Just one more and you can have claws. Just one more and you can have blindsense. Just one more and you can purge yourself of all poisons. Before you know it, your taking abomidable form simply because you might as well.

Greenish
2011-04-23, 01:51 PM
spinning swords are either one-handed or light.One-handed but finessable.

And the concept is awesome.