PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna talk Marble Hornets?

Elrik
2011-04-22, 06:49 PM
I've been constantly checking the MB twitter and youtube accounts since last June. I honestly would have doubted that a guy in a mask and a tall businessman (without a face, who might have a thing for stalking children) would leave me paranoid with chills (this goes especially for totheark's responses).

What are your thoughts on the second season so far?

I particularly loved entries 35 and 37, in a 'I don't think that'll leave my brain for a while' way.

Dr.Epic
2011-04-22, 06:51 PM
I've been meaning to catch up on this series. I stopped watching sometime around episode 15 I think. I know they're short, but something distracted me and I just haven't gotten back to watching them.

SurlySeraph
2011-04-24, 09:04 AM
Last one I saw was 33; I think I'll catch up on them.

Seraph
2011-04-24, 10:04 AM
I've been meaning to catch up on this series. I stopped watching sometime around episode 15 I think. I know they're short, but something distracted me and I just haven't gotten back to watching them.

oh man, you missed out on a whole lot of the crazier ****.

Phae Nymna
2011-04-24, 01:16 PM
OH GOD SLENDY

Leecros
2011-04-24, 01:17 PM
I think they need to add another aspect to the series. I don't know what aspect(i'm not their writer:smallamused:), but so far Season 2 is just more of the same as Season 1, and if the trend continues i feel the series will die a death of stagnation.

I do enjoy them, i just feel that if they continue down the road they're going on they'll eventually get ambushed by Slendy fade into the background noise of the internet.

Elrik
2011-04-24, 02:09 PM
looks like Totheark is showcasing his obsession with watching people sleep again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrvjDtghdk0&feature=channel_video_title

The series really started to escalate into paranoia after that point. I won't spoil anything but what happened a few videos after was one of the most well remembered frights of the series.

I think they need to add another aspect to the series. I don't know what aspect(i'm not their writer:smallamused:), but so far Season 2 is just more of the same as Season 1, and if the trend continues i feel the series will die a death of stagnation.

I do enjoy them, i just feel that if they continue down the road they're going on they'll eventually get ambushed by Slendy fade into the background noise of the internet.

My biggest fear is that it'll become predictable, but so far finding weird creepy images and clips and collaging them into a response is something totheark excels at. That, and I've never seen a series use paranoia so well. Alot of basic fears build the story and I think they put quite a bit of thought into how they can have people think about what could happen to them if a guy was obsessivley following them and/or filming them while they sleep.

Alex doesn't seem like himself lately, and the 'origin' he told of the operator/slender man kind of implies there is more than one operator out there...

Sipex
2011-04-25, 12:35 PM
I love the mythos but I always forget to watch this stuff. I'm only on entry 3 or 4 now.

Dr.Epic
2011-04-25, 01:05 PM
OH GOD SLENDY

Nah, I think it was around the time I discovered youtube had full episodes of Samurai Champloo up and that ate up a few weeks of my life watching the complete series a few times.

Admiral Squish
2011-04-25, 01:25 PM
Nononononono. I am NOT doing this again. I JUST got back to the point where I can go outside at night. Dark windows still make me nervous. I stopped at #18, and there is no way in hell I'm going any further.

Leecros
2011-04-25, 02:32 PM
[SPOILER]
My biggest fear is that it'll become predictable, but so far finding weird creepy images and clips and collaging them into a response is something totheark excels at. That, and I've never seen a series use paranoia so well. Alot of basic fears build the story and I think they put quite a bit of thought into how they can have people think about what could happen to them if a guy was obsessivley following them and/or filming them while they sleep.

Masky is already rather predictable....

Totheark's latest video was too to be honest...

Nononononono. I am NOT doing this again. I JUST got back to the point where I can go outside at night. Dark windows still make me nervous. I stopped at #18, and there is no way in hell I'm going any further.

one time i was taking the garbage out and the driveway light(motion sensor) came on and i swear the shadow of the nearby tree casted a shadow that looked almost exactly like Slenderman at-a-glance. I nearly jumped out of my skin...

MlleRouge
2011-04-27, 06:19 AM
Oooh, I love this series.

Yes, there have been moments where I was able to guess what would happen next, but overall I've found it very enjoyable. It also gives me the creeps, which is rare and refreshing. I'm not sure what it is about Slendy that's so scary, but damn.

I showed marble hornets to my brother (15) while visiting my parents last summer. He scoffed, saying it wasn't scary...then woke me up that night and asked to sleep on the couch in my guest room. Victory!

Elrik
2011-04-27, 11:03 PM
Oooh, I love this series.

Yes, there have been moments where I was able to guess what would happen next, but overall I've found it very enjoyable. It also gives me the creeps, which is rare and refreshing. I'm not sure what it is about Slendy that's so scary, but damn.

I showed marble hornets to my brother (15) while visiting my parents last summer. He scoffed, saying it wasn't scary...then woke me up that night and asked to sleep on the couch in my guest room. Victory!

I think the paranoia really sells it. Whenever I hear a noise behind me outside I check behind my shoulder. Additionally having the masked man/totheark be an antagonizing force makes it better, at least for me, because any nut could put on a mask and stalk people. Slenderman is certainly creepy but I'm not going to be checking over my shoulder for an eldritch horror in a suit, I'm watching out for the crazy guy with the skin-crawling videos.

I showed Marble Hornets (and totheark's channel) to my cousin and he denied it was creepy.

Untill I jumped out behind his car with a totheark mask* when he was heading to a nightclub :smallbiggrin:.

*okay, it was a piece of paper with totheark's face drawn on it, but I wager it was dark enough for him to not notice right away. That, and he looked pretty freaked out

Masky is already rather predictable....

Totheark's latest video was too to be honest...

your right, it really is starting to boil down to the point where I expect the same type of scariness and it gets less fun, but I couldn't tell what that thing was in totheark's last video, so...an example of Nothing is Scarier (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NothingIsScarier)? Those kind of things always leave me filling in what it could be.

I just hope they play with the paranoia just a bit more. Maybe have Jessica or someone else end up not being trustworthy or something.

ghost_warlock
2011-04-29, 09:38 PM
:smalleek: OMG thanks for this thread!

As I'm not a regular Youtube plunderer, I'd been living under the impression that MH had stopped at ######. :smallconfused: Imagine my surprise and :squee: to find another 14 episodes beyond that! :smallbiggrin:

After two days of downloading, I've now got all the MH & totheark vids compiled in a playlist, sorted by upload date (so totheark's responses play right after MH vids), and ready for a complete play-through when I get the time to savor them.

Definitely one of my favorite shows; it's like watching home movies of myself as a kid (which are, otherwise, painfully sparse :smallfrown:).

Shpadoinkle
2011-04-29, 09:52 PM
I discovered the series late September last year. I made the mistake of watching everything all at once and I was paranoid for a week afterward. No horror movie has ever done that to me.

riccaru
2011-04-30, 01:53 AM
I think the paranoia really sells it. Whenever I hear a noise behind me outside I check behind my shoulder. Additionally having the masked man/totheark be an antagonizing force makes it better, at least for me, because any nut could put on a mask and stalk people. Slenderman is certainly creepy but I'm not going to be checking over my shoulder for an eldritch horror in a suit, I'm watching out for the crazy guy with the skin-crawling videos.

I showed Marble Hornets (and totheark's channel) to my cousin and he denied it was creepy.

Untill I jumped out behind his car with a totheark mask* when he was heading to a nightclub :smallbiggrin:.

*okay, it was a piece of paper with totheark's face drawn on it, but I wager it was dark enough for him to not notice right away. That, and he looked pretty freaked out

your right, it really is starting to boil down to the point where I expect the same type of scariness and it gets less fun, but I couldn't tell what that thing was in totheark's last video, so...an example of Nothing is Scarier (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NothingIsScarier)? Those kind of things always leave me filling in what it could be.

I just hope they play with the paranoia just a bit more. Maybe have Jessica or someone else end up not being trustworthy or something.

So I take it you think TTA=Masky? I'm not sure after tha last TTA response. Masky should be in a wheelchair, not where he was.

:smalleek: OMG thanks for this thread!

As I'm not a regular Youtube plunderer, I'd been living under the impression that MH had stopped at ######. :smallconfused: Imagine my surprise and :squee: to find another 14 episodes beyond that! :smallbiggrin:

After two days of downloading, I've now got all the MH & totheark vids compiled in a playlist, sorted by upload date (so totheark's responses play right after MH vids), and ready for a complete play-through when I get the time to savor them.

Definitely one of my favorite shows; it's like watching home movies of myself as a kid (which are, otherwise, painfully sparse :smallfrown:).

Speaking of home movies:smallwink:. Entry 37(?) is related.

Soilborn
2011-04-30, 12:38 PM
I've actually been following the all of the big three (Marble Hornets, EverymanHYBRID and Tribe Twelve) and combined they all pay good homage to the Slender Man mythos. MH seems very human compared to the other videos with its human actors in different states of sanity developing multiple faces and stalking each other as Slendy looks on. The others seem to focus more on us-vs-them. EverymanHYBRID has three supernatural entities, two of which are obviously at odds. Tribe Twelve has the Observer, and it's unknown exactly who or what he is.

Btw, Slendy actually has tentacles in Tribe Twelve. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ioH3ifdEhw) (7:45)

And I'd be a mook if I didn't share this parody of EverymanHYBRID footage. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_jW5WApYGQ)

Shpadoinkle
2011-04-30, 02:38 PM
I watched some of the EverymanHYBRID videos... but I couldn't get into them. There was just too much stuff going on. Seems like to have any idea what's happening you have to read five different blogs and follow a dozen people on Twitter and I just don't find it interesting enough to put that much time into it.

Elrik
2011-04-30, 09:18 PM
So I take it you think TTA=Masky? I'm not sure after tha last TTA response. Masky should be in a wheelchair, not where he was.

I know it's probably a stretch to call masky and totheark the same person. I do think that the person walking by Jay's car was slow enough to make it look like had a bit of a limp, and I thought Jay might have exaggerated with the broken leg.

I watched some of the EverymanHYBRID videos... but I couldn't get into them. There was just too much stuff going on. Seems like to have any idea what's happening you have to read five different blogs and follow a dozen people on Twitter and I just don't find it interesting enough to put that much time into it.

I couldn't get into EverymanHYBRID either due to that, and the fact that the fact that they're a group together seems to make it less scary. In Marble Hornets Jay is by himself pretty much all of the time, and Alex isn't too stable of a guy in my opinion, at least not enough to be trusted.

Zarah
2011-05-01, 02:10 AM

You obviously don't know very much about the fanbase. The Unfiction forums are a never-ending maelstrom of crazy theories and even crazier forum members. There's also a Marble Hornets thread on Something Awful that still gets quite a bit of attention.

Also, they just started selling DVDs of season 1 about two weeks ago. I'm pretty sure they're not in danger of fading away any time soon. (Unless another tornado wipes them out...)

I've actually been following the all of the big three (Marble Hornets, EverymanHYBRID and Tribe Twelve) and combined they all pay good homage to the Slender Man mythos.
I particularly liked EverymanHYBRID, since they seemed to have slightly better production values and I just liked the atmosphere they made. They definitely don't take themselves as seriously as MH does, which makes me feel a little closer to the characters, I guess. At least, that's how it used to be. Like a couple others already mentioned, the series fell apart as it spread into several other mediums. It's almost impossible to follow nowadays and the actual video update schedule is less than impressive.

Which leads me to Tribe Twelve. Most people can't get past the awful beginning, but it really does get better. The special effects are stellar in the later videos. Unfortunately, it's also plagued by huge gaps between updates.

Marble Hornets is still probably the best of the three, since it's easy to follow and actually makes regular updates.

sparkyinbozo
2011-05-01, 08:45 AM
I really enjoyed MH through its first season (and that it's updating currently), but I've kind of lost interest lately. It could be a pretty awesome story, but it feels like there's a LOT missing right now, like Slendy, without much effort to fix it.

I was also hoping that they'd keep Slendy's origins/purpose mysterious. It's much creepier to do it that way than to explain it all, kind of like Paranormal Activity vs Paranormal Activity 2.

Lord Loss
2011-05-01, 09:23 AM
I've been considering manning up and watching these, as I love anything paranormal related, and love horror movies (but they don't often scare me anymore). I loved paranomral activity and this seems really cool, but I also enjoy sleeping...

Can someone give me a spoiler-free description of what Marble Hornets is? I'm kinda confused.

sparkyinbozo
2011-05-01, 09:34 AM
I've been considering manning up and watching these, as I love anything paranormal related, and love horror movies (but they don't often scare me anymore). I loved paranomral activity and this seems really cool, but I also enjoy sleeping...

Can someone give me a spoiler-free description of what Marble Hornets is? I'm kinda confused.

It's a found footage-type internet movie (also using Twitter) based around the Slenderman mythology. They have an introductory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmhfn3mgWUI) movie that explains the premise well. Any movies beyond the intro might hurt your sleeping, though. :smallbiggrin:

Lord Loss
2011-05-01, 09:41 AM
It's a found footage-type internet movie (also using Twitter) based around the Slenderman mythology. They have an introductory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmhfn3mgWUI) movie that explains the premise well. Any movies beyond the intro might hurt your sleeping, though. :smallbiggrin:

I am so totally watching these at some point. Thanks for the introductory video. It looks awesome, but terrifying... *gulps*

Leecros
2011-05-01, 02:44 PM
You obviously don't know very much about the fanbase. The Unfiction forums are a never-ending maelstrom of crazy theories and even crazier forum members. There's also a Marble Hornets thread on Something Awful that still gets quite a bit of attention.

Also, they just started selling DVDs of season 1 about two weeks ago. I'm pretty sure they're not in danger of fading away any time soon. (Unless another tornado wipes them out...)

Actually since i lurk on both Unfiction and Something Awful regularly i do know something about the fanbase. That doesn't degrade my point though. I never said that they were in the process of stagnating nor that they were getting less popular at this moment.

So far Season 2 has been exceedingly Meh to me with only a few actual good/scary/surprising parts. It may be the lack of Slendy, but so far nothing has surprised me the way that it did last year. I'm more interested in the points brought up last season: Masky(or i suppose how he became masky now), Totheark, the 'mystery-sickness' that seems to have infected Jay now, and of course, Slendy. Then i am in the plot points that showed up so far this season, that is Alex's reemergence, Jessica, and what happened in the months between Season 1 and Season 2. I'm curious, but so far it hasn't gone any farther than that. As i said earlier the current central horror aspect (Masky) is far from unpredictable at this point. Of course they can't overuse Slendy which i'm glad they're not, but they could do a little more to surprise the audience with Masky.

Elrik
2011-05-01, 08:29 PM
So far Season 2 has been exceedingly Meh to me with only a few actual good/scary/surprising parts. It may be the lack of Slendy, but so far nothing has surprised me the way that it did last year. I'm more interested in the points brought up last season: Masky(or i suppose how he became masky now), Totheark, the 'mystery-sickness' that seems to have infected Jay now, and of course, Slendy. Then i am in the plot points that showed up so far this season, that is Alex's reemergence, Jessica, and what happened in the months between Season 1 and Season 2. I'm curious, but so far it hasn't gone any farther than that. As i said earlier the current central horror aspect (Masky) is far from unpredictable at this point. Of course they can't overuse Slendy which i'm glad they're not, but they could do a little more to surprise the audience with Masky.

I also have the same feeling, but I'm not entirely sure why. At first i thought it was due to the gaps between updates, which just feel kind of weird. I know the creators obviously have other things going on, but Jay still hasn't responded to the latest Totheark video, and it feels that the overall wait between the entries and totheark responses is longer than before. I just hope that they add a few exciting twists or rap up plot points before this season ends, which, IIRC, should be soon.*

I think they could maybe make Masky interesting by introducing the other 'masks' that we've seen in the first totheark video. Or maybe make Alex turn out to be totheark or something.

*(I think last season ended in early April, maybe they're extending due to trying to cram a Wham Episode ending in?)

Zarah
2011-05-01, 09:06 PM
I know the creators obviously have other things going on, but Jay still hasn't responded to the latest Totheark video...

*(I think last season ended in early April, maybe they're extending due to trying to cram a Wham Episode ending in?)

They planned to shoot last Wednesday, but postponed it due to uncooperative weather. Did I mention that they are based out of Tuscaloosa, Alabama?

http://okcstormwatcher.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/aerial-view-of-the-destruction-of-tuscaloosa.jpg

When I mentioned the tornado thing before, I wasn't kidding.

Elrik
2011-05-02, 08:15 PM
They planned to shoot last Wednesday, but postponed it due to uncooperative weather. Did I mention that they are based out of Tuscaloosa, Alabama?

Wow, I didn't know that they were having that problem.

I hope no one was hurt (friends, family, etc.) and that does explain the delay.

WHY DO ALL THESE BAD THINGS HAPPEN?:smallfrown:

riccaru
2011-05-02, 08:21 PM

http://okcstormwatcher.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/aerial-view-of-the-destruction-of-tuscaloosa.jpg

When I mentioned the tornado thing before, I wasn't kidding.

:smalleek:Masky's gotten a lot better at breaking things.

Seriously, though: That sucks. Anything on the oog twitter about it?

Zarah
2011-05-02, 09:56 PM
Seriously, though: That sucks. Anything on the oog twitter about it?

They're all fine. They're helping with the recovery efforts, but last I heard have also filmed the necessary footage for the next update. So it shouldn't be too much longer.

Say what you will about them, but you can't deny these guys are seriously committed.

riccaru
2011-05-02, 09:58 PM
They're all fine. They're helping with the recovery efforts, but last I heard have also filmed the necessary footage for the next update. So it shouldn't be too much longer.

Say what you will about them, but you can't deny these guys are seriously committed.

:smallfrown:I never said anything bad. I love MH! I wonder if they'll incorperate this somehow >_>? "This is what The Operater can do. You're lucky he just wants to watch you:smallamused:

MlleRouge
2011-05-04, 12:03 AM
Wow, I didn't realize these guys were based out of Tuscaloosa. I'm down the road...We got some pretty serious destruction out here as well, but nothing like that.

Well, that's certainly an excuse for a slow update. And they ARE indeed committed.

riccaru
2011-05-04, 12:08 AM
Wow, I didn't realize these guys were based out of Tuscaloosa. I'm down the road...We got some pretty serious destruction out here as well, but nothing like that.

Well, that's certainly an excuse for a slow update. And they ARE indeed committed.

Speaking of updates... Twitter post, Entry #40 is incoming.

EDIT: Uploading. He "Doesn't want to watch it again."... Sounds like a good one coming!

Shpadoinkle
2011-05-04, 04:10 AM
Entry #40 is up. It's... very interesting, to say the least.

Considering Jay dropped the camera at the end, I have to wonder how he got the tape back.

MlleRouge
2011-05-04, 04:47 AM
Entry 40 was one of the best out of the new set, IMO :smallbiggrin:

And I'm wondering the same thing, Shpadoinkle. He didn't leave a message for us at the end or anything.

Does anyone else keep track of the speculation and analysis on the marble hornets wikidot site?

Nero24200
2011-05-04, 05:43 AM
Being honest I think the series is going downhill.

To being with we have someone trying to find out what spooked his friend. HIs only clues being tapes and a mysterious figure on them.

Though (possible spoilers)
After he gets video footage of someone assaulting him, get's abducted and taken to a strange hotel and even meets someone else who could be going through the same thing why doesn't he take these tapes to the police?

He's got a lot of evidence to surgest that someone was stalking him and even a video to surgest that said stalker broke into his friends house and attacked him and his girlfriend.

Attempting to continue alone is making the series move closer and closer most horror movies where everyone is keen to surgest splitting up and the characters make mistake after mistake.

Shpadoinkle
2011-05-04, 06:49 AM
Being honest I think the series is going downhill.

To being with we have someone trying to find out what spooked his friend. HIs only clues being tapes and a mysterious figure on them.

Though (possible spoilers)
After he gets video footage of someone assaulting him, get's abducted and taken to a strange hotel and even meets someone else who could be going through the same thing why doesn't he take these tapes to the police?

He's got a lot of evidence to surgest that someone was stalking him and even a video to surgest that said stalker broke into his friends house and attacked him and his girlfriend.

Attempting to continue alone is making the series move closer and closer most horror movies where everyone is keen to surgest splitting up and the characters make mistake after mistake.

And... what? What exactly do you expect the police will do? They'd probably just tell him "quit wandering around the woods with nobody else around where your stalkers can get you alone" and "stop poking around abandoned buildings."

Also, he doesn't really have a choice about continuing, alone or not. Masky knows where he is and where he's been- he HAS to continue because Masky won't let him quit. It's the only chance he has of figuring out anything about what's going on and/or how to defend himself. Jay's obviously been trying to get answers out of Alex during the period he can't remember, but that evidently hasn't lead anywhere or explained anything, at least as far as we know.

He's been trying to get answers out of the other people who were in Alex's student film, but he hasn't been able to find them or they didn't know (or wouldn't tell him) anything. Alex doesn't seem to be quite in his right mind, either.

I mean... yeah, there's a lot of evidence he has a stalker, but people with stalkers don't really get a lot of help from the police, aside from advice, unless they're actually in the process of being attacked. There's also a lot of stuff in the tapes that paint Jay as kinda shady himself. It's not as simple as "Go to the police, stupid."

I mean, hell, look at Entry #37. The Operator and Masky have had an interest in Alex for a long time, and now Jay's tangled up in everything. They're not going to just let him wash his hands of the whole thing.

Nero24200
2011-05-04, 07:04 AM
And... what? What exactly do you expect the police will do? They'd probably just tell him "quit wandering around the woods with nobody else around where your stalkers can get you alone" and "stop poking around abandoned buildings."

Also, he doesn't really have a choice about continuing, alone or not. Masky knows where he is and where he's been- he HAS to continue because Masky won't let him quit. It's the only chance he has of figuring out anything about what's going on and/or how to defend himself. Jay's obviously been trying to get answers out of Alex during the period he can't remember, but that evidently hasn't lead anywhere or explained anything, at least as far as we know.

He's been trying to get answers out of the other people who were in Alex's student film, but he hasn't been able to find them or they didn't know (or wouldn't tell him) anything. Alex doesn't seem to be quite in his right mind, either.

I mean... yeah, there's a lot of evidence he has a stalker, but people with stalkers don't really get a lot of help from the police, aside from advice, unless they're actually in the process of being attacked. There's also a lot of stuff in the tapes that paint Jay as kinda shady himself. It's not as simple as "Go to the police, stupid."

I mean, hell, look at Entry #37. The Operator and Masky have had an interest in Alex for a long time, and now Jay's tangled up in everything. They're not going to just let him wash his hands of the whole thing.

There are other options beside "Go to the police" (ignoring that he has most of the stuff on tape) but as you said yourself he has a tendency for wandering around alone in places he knows could be dangerous.

Plus theres more than just "stalking" in the tapes. Theres assault for starters, not to mention possible out-right kidnappings and arson. At the bare minimum the police would start to investigate themselves.

Even if there are reasons to not get the police involved it still seems pretty contrived.

Leecros
2011-05-04, 09:48 AM
Entry #40 is up. It's... very interesting, to say the least.

Considering Jay dropped the camera at the end, I have to wonder how he got the tape back.

He's going through the tapes he grabbed in Entry #33 i believe.

Shpadoinkle
2011-05-04, 03:00 PM
He's going through the tapes he grabbed in Entry #33 i believe.

Right... But how did he get this one back?

Leecros
2011-05-04, 03:47 PM

Right... But how did he get this one back?

they were in a safe. It hasn't been explained how they got there and Jay didn't know the password.

Slenderman did it

Edit: A Wizard did it.

Edit 2: Unless i missed an entry somewhere....I haven't paid much attention to the last few.

Lord Loss
2011-05-05, 05:37 PM
I've been watching in small doses. I'm at Episode five and so far it's not very scary, but I'm still filled with dread as I click on the next episode (about to watch number five).

EDIT: Oh god it's scary!!! I paused midway through and I'm debating pressing play again :smalleek:. (The fact that I'm wearing headphones doesn't help...)

riccaru
2011-05-05, 05:40 PM
I expected the tall fellow to pick up the camera on that one, you know.

Lord Loss
2011-05-05, 05:43 PM
Got a minute in before deciding screw it, I'm watching this with a friend or maybe my dad later on. Is there a legal version that you can download and upload onto a dvd (or Ipod)?

sparkyinbozo
2011-05-05, 07:08 PM
I've been watching in small doses. I'm at Episode five and so far it's not very scary, but I'm still filled with dread as I click on the next episode (about to watch number five).

EDIT: Oh god it's scary!!! I paused midway through and I'm debating pressing play again :smalleek:. (The fact that I'm wearing headphones doesn't help...)

I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Leecros
2011-05-05, 08:59 PM
I don't actually remember what happens in 5...

Edit: Ah...that one. Yeah, i'm not sure Marble hornets would be as scary without the sound distortion....

Elrik
2011-05-07, 06:53 PM
Saw Entry #40 last night.

It was a little underwhelming to me. I'll admit the distortion caught me off guard because I think it's been a few videos since they've used it, but the operator didn't make me budge like other jump scares in the series.

On one hand, I was honeslty expecting a 'nothing is scarier' approach with the possibility of a corpse or something in the chimney. That, or Tim/Masked Man leaping out of it when Jay pointed the camera upwards. I think something dropping quickly to the bottom would've kept me up a good deal, but I suppose they didn't want to go for that, for some reason.

On the other hand, I was anticipating something to happen with the chimney to such an extent I wouldn't have expected the operator to be standing behind it. I thought it was a nice touch.