PDA

View Full Version : What would you pick?

darkone123
2011-04-22, 09:22 PM
My GM awhile ago gave each of the party members a super cool magical item, and I thought they were actually well thought out and pretty neat.

Tell me what you think, also tell me which would you choose?

Each magical piece of equipment was made to clear up our weak area in combat.

For me i got the magical belt of healing
(the belt heals 10hp per round, regenerates limbs/broken bones, and gives no sense of pain (which caused my character to become a pain seeker because... we doesn't feel it? i thought it'd be a nice spice to the character)) because im apparently a "power gamer" and do a lot of damage but come back to the cleric begging for heals after killing a boss or lots of mooks.

The cleric got a enchant that allows his warhammer the ability to cut through anything, also he can make a free sunder attempt(even during his FRA) on any limb an enemy has and a decapitation on the head after 2 limbs are missing. Apparently it was suppose to make him a better melee fighter cuz he is a cloister cleric (low BAB).

The tank/knight of the group got a gattling gun/high explosive shooting attachment for his lance... (I WANTED THIS). It uses adamantine balls for a power core which are actually harder to get made than one would imagine ... good thing im a blacksmith (HELLO MONEY!) O yeah it was apparently suppose to close his long range fighting capabilities but he does fine usually... he's on a ****ing warbeast horse, has spirited charge, and rapes the enemy, if he hits...

Lastly, the ninja of the group got a cloak that allows him to go into the shadow plane (you know that world that ALSO runs along the same plane as the material plane) he can stay there for as long as he wants without penalties and he is unaffected by the material plane at all only draw back is thats where the big bad and his minions chill at... This was the only item the dm said he had to think about making... cuz he has no real "weak points". If you're aware of the ninja class at all he can make attacks through the etheral plane into the material plane via his class abilities, i made a dm feat that allows him to do the same in the shadow plane.

So now, which do you choose?

Belt of Never Death (Forgot to mention that instead of dying at -10, i die at -10+my con score(not mod))

Enchantment of CUT-EVERYTHING

Enchantment of Gattlin gun/Bazooka

Cloak of the Shadow Plane(YUGIOH!!!!!)

Amnestic
2011-04-22, 10:25 PM
As Arthur, still gazing at the sword, rowed to shore, Merlin said
to him: "My lord Arthur, which pleases you more, sword or scabbard?"
"In truth, the sword," replied the king.
"Let me assure you," said Merlin, smiling gravely, "that the
scabbard is worth ten of the sword. While you have it with you
you shall never lose blood, no, no matter how sorely you are
wounded. So see that you guard it well."

S'all I really have to say on the matter.

Jamin
2011-04-22, 10:25 PM
I think having weak areas in combat is good thing but to each his own.
Real world me would want the cloak
As a character that lance sounds cool

Rixx
2011-04-22, 10:29 PM
Personally, I'd find the power level of the game ridiculous if this is the kind of stuff the players start out with for free.

Acanous
2011-04-22, 10:54 PM
if they're starting in epic, I could see it being OK. Still, the only item in there that looks non-epic is the cloak, and that'd be a major magic item, possibly artifact.

darkone123
2011-04-23, 05:54 PM
This is ending game stuff. Been going on for 1 1/2 years so far, started at lvl 3, at 19 atm. Good time to end this madness.

Conners
2011-04-24, 02:12 AM
I'd definitely take regenerating belt of Never Death.

Epsilon Rose
2011-04-24, 02:37 AM
I'd probably go for the gun or the belt.
The shadow cloak is nice in concept, but at those levels your enemy could either A) follow you into the shadow realm (it's not that hard and there aren't actually that many draw backs (I'm not sure there are any) or B) summon something (I doubt a pack of shadows would have to much trouble hitting him). The hammer is nice but I wouldn't really want to get that close or spend that many attacks on one target at point blank.

As for the gun, it really depends on the stats (range, rate of fire, damage, availability of ammo), but if it's the equivalent to a modern day long arm (or Gatling gun) that can double as a melee weapon when necessary than I rather like the idea of using modern tactics on medieval enemies. Otherwise being harder to kill is always nice.